The Sparkle Factor | Teen Ink

The Sparkle Factor

July 21, 2011
By drmstarlet21 GOLD, Matthews, North Carolina
drmstarlet21 GOLD, Matthews, North Carolina
13 articles 0 photos 76 comments

Summary:

Sally's already fed up with her parents after, during eighth grade, they force her into an early retirement from soccer because of "too many concussions". Now, they uproot the family to move back to Providence Springs, where her older brother was born. Even after a tough start, Sally makes friends -and a few enemies- faster than she's willing to admit at NRHS, including grudgingly at first with sophomore class heartthrob Jacob Calloway. Everything seems to be going well, however crazily, until she meets the leader of BMS, and everything breaks down.

Sneak peek (not verbatim)...


I looked up, and there he was, simply staring at me out of those incredibly warm, chocolate brown eyes. He broke into a mischievous smile, and my insides went into free fall as my heart melted into roasted marshmallow goo.
What was happening to me? How could I let this wavy-haired boy just waltz in and turn my life upside down in the blink of an eye? This was unfamiliar territory, and I scolded myself in my mind to stop crushing on uncrushables. Jacob "Unknown" was about as uncrushable as they come, especially for someone like me, but unfortunately, this didn't seem to be something I could help.
I stared, hopelessly trapped in those suddenly beautiful eyes, as he paraded closer to me.
He stuck out of one broad, olive-skinned hand for a shake, his tone polite and charming in that easy way of his. "Hi. I'm going to pretend we've never met before. I'm Jacob Calloway. And, you are?"


drmstarlet21

The Sparkle Factor


Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 7 comments.


on May. 9 2012 at 3:00 am
nemish23 BRONZE, Sydney, Other
2 articles 0 photos 110 comments

Favorite Quote:
"The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything;
They just make the most of everything they have."

"Today is life. The only life we're sure of. Make the most of today." -CSI:NY

please, please, please write more! this is so interesting, i'd love to read more!

<3


on Aug. 19 2011 at 1:57 pm

yea!!!

 

 


on Aug. 19 2011 at 12:03 pm
drmstarlet21 GOLD, Matthews, North Carolina
13 articles 0 photos 76 comments
Hahahha thanks!!!!! :) I have a few more chapters, I'm just still in editing mode. I'll definitely post more soon! :)

on Aug. 19 2011 at 10:06 am
mored, lol, i meant 'more'.

on Aug. 19 2011 at 10:05 am
ah! i wanted to know what abigal smiled about!!! this is great, the kind of book you want to sit down and read the whole thing in one sitting :) pleeeease post mored chapters!!!

on Jul. 30 2011 at 3:39 pm
drmstarlet21 GOLD, Matthews, North Carolina
13 articles 0 photos 76 comments
Thanks :) I'll try my best!!

on Jul. 26 2011 at 3:09 am
Vanendra BRONZE, Blasdell, New York
1 article 76 photos 311 comments

Favorite Quote:
"I just sneezed and it hurt my pelvis."~Jasmine Omg
"A wise girl kisses but doesn't love"~Marylin Monroe
"I didn't tell him nowhere where you live" ~me ^-^
"I like the wolves on this textbook, they have very legs" ~Jasmine Omg

Awesome story!!! I love the characters already ^-^ I hope you write more chapters soon!!