Home > Novel (Fiction) > Realistic Fiction > The Dating Department

The Dating Department

SimplyImperfect
The Dating Department
Summary: Riley has never had a boyfriend. Scratch that. Riley has never been on a date. She's never been kissed, and no guy has ever shown any interest in her, and, quite frankly, she couldn't care less.

Amber needs a summer job, but all she really knows about is boys. She's just chock full of helpful hints for those who want to date.

So when Amber takes one of Riley's many jokes a little too seriously, the Dating Department is born, and Riley is the first customer...unwillingly of course. Amber sets to find Riley a boyfriend over the course of one summer.

Will she succeed in finding the right guy for Riley?

If Riley has any say in this, the answer is:

HECK NO!

RaisaMiri said...
I wish this was an actual book with a cover and everything so that I could hold it in my hands instead of looking at it on the computer :/ it was that good! :) and i will agree with one of the comments below...not to be a spoiler, but darn it Roy seemed adorable! :)

BluBirdWriter13 said...
I loved the novel it's amazing and beautiful. You're an amazing writer.

Zuccini75 said...

AWWWW! Very talented work.... but I sooo thought it would be Roy.... so sad - anyway,

The suspense was perfect and your characters were strong - good job!

Forever wishing said...
This is one of the best and sweetest stories I have read in a while! It made me want to keep reading, and maybe give love a shot!;) It was AMAZING! Keep writing!

K.Girl said...
Feb. 13, 2012 at 3:53 pm:
I don't know how you get your ideas, but im glad you thought of this one. The ending is beautiful. It gives me hope. Thank You! and Great Job

CrazyWriterThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I knew it!!!!!Aiden would be the one .....he's just too adorable.i love how you ended your story this way. You kept the suspense building by not giving the name of who she chose for the almost last possible second. Also your writing style was perfectly suited for this genera (?). It's fast but slow and keeps you up beat with out going over the speed limit I give thumbs up to you PulseExplosion for craftily finishing a teen age story that had a touch of 'coming of age'. Hope to see more great re... (more »)

MissSkyscraper said...
Dec. 17, 2011 at 12:10 am:
That's a really good book! :)

IMunloved said...
Dec. 14, 2011 at 11:53 am:
OMG i love it it was a amazing!!!

PulseExplosion replied...
Dec. 22, 2011 at 12:57 pm :
Thank you! I'm glad that you enjoyed it.

elephantshoes said...
Write more please!!!!! Riley needs to choose Aiden. it's no competion! It was on of the best stories I have ever read. I've been reading it since school got out at 3:)

PulseExplosion replied...
Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:58 pm :
Haha, I just finished uploading the final chapters, and they should be approved within the next week! :D

LifesIllusion replied...
Dec. 22, 2011 at 2:05 pm :
I just read the final chapters and I couldn't love the ending more then I already do!!!! You did a great job with this story. Definitly the very best novel I have read on TeenInk. :)

autumndisaster said...
Sept. 26, 2011 at 10:53 am:

Okay I absolutely loved this.

It made me feel quite lonely though, haha. :)

PulseExplosion replied...
Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:58 pm :
I'm so glad that you have enjoyed it thus far!(:

Steph0804This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Aug. 31, 2011 at 6:48 am:
I WANT A COTTON CANDY KISS.

PulseExplosion replied...
Aug. 31, 2011 at 6:51 am :

IKR? XD

That's what everyone has said on Wattpad. :P

Aug. 31, 2011 at 6:44 am:

This is a message from Amber: WRITE MORE, OR I WILL NEVER PAY FOR YOUR PIZZA AGAIN.

p.s. wow, coincidence! I have a strong-willed character in my story called Amber, too! I guess the name just fits with that sort of personality.

PulseExplosion replied...
Aug. 31, 2011 at 6:51 am :
Lol. Yeah, I guess it does. CX

Aug. 31, 2011 at 5:58 am:
I love it! only you keep switching between present and past tense, so gramatically, it doesn't make sense.

Steph0804This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Aug. 31, 2011 at 5:59 am :
Scratch that. I was responding to the wrong story (sorry). But still, LOVE IT!