New Teen Ink Book: Bullying Under Attack Barnes & Noble Amazon

Last Note

Author's note: I hope people understand that depression and suicide are really important issues and more and...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: I hope people understand that depression and suicide are really important issues and more and more teens have been dealing with them. I just want to spread the message. Don't ever try to make someone feel so low that they are depressed or try to commit suicide. If you ever feel like you just want to die, just remember that you are strong and you can get through anything. Don't give up.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11 Next »

Chapter 1

I wonder if they’ve read the note yet. I hope they understand why I—what’s that smell? It smells like laundry detergent, and my eyes feel like they’ve been glued shut. Why can’t I open them? If I’m in heaven or wherever else I’m supposed to be, why can’t I open my eyes? The smell of clean sheets and antibiotics hits my nose. My eyes shoot open. Wow, bad idea. Pain strikes my pupils like lightning.
“She’s up! She’s up! Oh, honey. Why would you do this?”
I hear sobbing and my mother’s voice, but I can’t sit up.
“Mom?” I croak as loud as I can, but it comes out barely more than a whisper. I grunt and groan as I try to sit up, but it’s no use. It’s like I’m in a full-body cast.
“No, not yet. Just lay down for now. You’ll be able to get up in a couple hours,” an unfamiliar voice says.
I don’t listen. I still try to sit up, but it’s a fight I can’t win. So instead I close my eyes angrily and curse in my head. I’m about to ask the doctor to let me get up when I hear footsteps going in the direction opposite from me. I feel a sharp pain for a second in my left wrist, and then everything goes black.

Forever wishing said...
 I really enjoyed your story! It is something a lot of people can relate to, the feelings thoughts and actions. Will it continue? Anyway, it is amazing!:)

NeverShoutNeverFan replied...
Oct. 14, 2012 at 10:04 pm :
Posting new chapters and new edits of the story righttt now :) 

NeverShoutNeverFan replied...
Oct. 14, 2012 at 10:04 pm :
Thanks :) 

DannehBoi said...
Okay.... I LOVED this! But I was actually thinking it could have been a lot better if it was longer.. You just kinda left me hanging at the end.. I want to know what happens with her and Hunter, with her and her brother, with her and her classmates.. But it was really good, and I enjoyed it. There should be a second one! (:

NeverShoutNeverFan replied...
Jan. 8, 2012 at 6:09 pm :
haha wow thanks!(: haha its not over yet, ive just been super busy with school! chapter 9 should be up in a couple weeks(:

DannehBoi replied...
Jan. 8, 2012 at 7:59 pm :
You're welcome (: And oh really? Haha I'm sorry I totally thought it was :P But now I'm all pumped up and ready for the next chapter! This story is so good and I love it, I'm glad it's not over. (:

NeverShoutNeverFan replied...
Jan. 8, 2012 at 10:47 pm :
haha thanks(:

DannehBoi replied...
Jan. 9, 2012 at 1:46 pm :
You're welcome. (:

DayDreaamer replied...
Jan. 9, 2012 at 8:52 pm :
Ahh I can't waaaiit (:

NeverShoutNeverFan replied...
Oct. 19, 2012 at 11:12 am :
hey its been FOREVER but ive re written some of it with edits here and there, and 3 or 4 new chapters! check it out if you have time!

cjnthinkguitar said...

This is amazing! I am instantly drawn in...

I just have one question.

Do you use yahoo answers?

About a year ago, a question was submitted asking about what would happen to a teenage girl after a failed suicide attempt... Would she go to theropy, rehab or just back to school? Are you the person who asked this question?

NeverShoutNeverFan replied...
Oct. 11, 2011 at 12:25 pm :
thanks! ummm no i dont use yahoo answers sorry!

Steph0804This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Aug. 26, 2011 at 11:42 am:
This is a very creative plotline. You know all those stories where the main character commits suicide in the end? This is the opposite. And it's about the consequences of a failed attempt- which no one has ever written about before. The part where I can relate the most to is Mrs. Grisholm, and how there's always someone who doesn't actually want to help for the other person's good; usually, they think of themselves as the knight in shining armor and imagine the other in their arms, crying out of... (more »)

NeverShoutNeverFan replied...
Aug. 26, 2011 at 4:18 pm :
thanks so much! you totally got what i was going for! i mean there are so many books about people trying to commit suicide but i really wanted to write about what would happen if it actually happened, adn then it didnt work. thanks :)

Cielo4ever said...
I LOVE this story...the first line got me...the one where she can't open her eyes? AWESOME!!! :)

NeverShoutNeverFan replied...
Aug. 16, 2011 at 11:37 am :
thanks so much! :)

Cielo4ever replied...
Sept. 22, 2011 at 12:21 pm :
seriously though, i can't believe i wrote that comment. It was a lie.

Cielo4ever replied...
Sept. 22, 2011 at 12:22 pm :
Because i don't LOVE it im IN LOVE with it! You HAVE to finish it!!! <3 love it sooo so so so much. Seriously, if you get this thing in book stores I'll pay so much for it...keep writitng!! <3

NeverShoutNeverFan replied...
Sept. 22, 2011 at 7:09 pm :
haha i totally freaked out for a second i was like a lie?? haha and wow thanks! that means so much for someone to say theyd go and buy it!!! :) thanks! i will definitly finish it! ive been a little busy  with school

Cielo4ever replied...
Sept. 28, 2011 at 6:46 pm :
haha ^^ awesome. and Yeah schools pretty tough :/ but keep it up you rock :P