A TAKE ON LIFE- TEEN AGE STYLE | Teen Ink

A TAKE ON LIFE- TEEN AGE STYLE

April 2, 2011
By MissPinkShoes GOLD, Mumbai, Other
More by this author
MissPinkShoes GOLD, Mumbai, Other
14 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Arianna is this normal girl just like any other teen who has big dreams, a bunch of friends, a normal family where she has clashes with her parents all the time, just like any oher teen ager. Today she's geeting ready for her school farewell, getting all dressed up,with perfect hair, sheos, make up & the PERFECT dress, she meets her friends Heli, Jinal & Himani, they've been friends since the last 3 years, after all the feliciatation & the programs are over they go over to Arianna's place where they have a sleep over & discuss how life has taken them from the 5 year olds (primary) to 15 year olds (last year of scchool) , with so many ups & downs , fights, laughters, bitching today when they look back they have all these wonderful memories which they will always carry with them the rest of their lives, they remember all those crazy things they did during school camps (ghost stories ), those sleep overs, spoiling the school benches , & grafitiing the class wall to leave a mark forever....... they all burst out laughing and a few tears as well, then way past mid night play spin the bottle a must play game during all sleep overs, pop in a thriller movie & as the movie progresses their sleep also. That's Arianna for you..... don't you all relate with her?

OK so with all those protected & spoon fed years in school, little girl Arianna is all set to take on the big bad world of college life a little excited more nervous & scared- if people will accept her? will she belong to the ''IT'' crowd? will she get friends? will she be laughed at? She goes to college ( with none of her school friends -as they all get admissions in different colleges-though they hoped they'd get in the same college), there she enters with that big fear & nervousness on her face, people are already sitting in the class, she's a little late a week late as her admissions were delayed, so she enters & sits on the 1st bench, behind her are her future best friends- of course she hasn't spoken to them yet, so to know what lectures they have she tuns around there's Priyanka, both exchange numbers and there starts the journey of a whole new life with different poeple, Jasmine, Isha , Aditi were all Priyanka's friends and now they all became Arianna's friends and became inseperable like sisiter's, so college after all was going to be fun for Arianna, then came Naman, Jasmine & Arianna's real close friend, Chaitya- well he was like this eye candy, this sweet talker whos was Arianna's , Priyanka's and Jasmine's crush with each passing day their friendship only grew stronger, hanging out and bunking college almost evreryday but that was the silence (or rather happiness) behind the huge storm that was to follow, Arianna and Jasmine were very popular and famous in their college among the Professors, guys and seniors as well, with all those gory stories about the hard times that freshers have in college Arianna was glad she didn't have to face any also with these new friends she drifing apart from old friends but times were good.

Before in school, where all her parents and class mates were of the same or near by areas and of the same social status as her's in college there was a different environment all together, where Priyanka came from the far sububrs was very friendly, sweet, Isha from the central side a little attention seeker, Jasmine and Aditi from South both sweet and Jasmine and Arianna both have almost the same personalities just like long lost twins, there was something about these two that compelled poeple to like them easily, Naman from eastern side new to the city though, was very sweet and a total lady's man never had any guy friends was always seen hanging around girls especially Arianna and Jasmine, Chaitya also from South was the ultimate ''evrey one fall for me'' guy, his gentle manly ways appealed to all. With poeple from such varied backgrounds and castes it was like a mini Indian team of friends, also her school friends Heli, Jinal, Himani all were these catty girls go getter's though they all were suckers for love and would fall for any guy easily but during those years who doesn't? so here's a mix platter of poeple from different backgrounds, ideoligies, personalities, that of course even influenced Arianna sometimes for the better & sometimes for the worse, but life for her was beautiful,the plane was only about to take off life was just about to begin, the parachute for the free fall was just about to be opened.

RELATIONSHIPS!!! yes it's all about relationships- not just with your lovers but with friends, family and others. Arianna being the typical teen that she was always had some or the other tiff everyday on trivial issues, with her friends also she did get into arguements , she and Himani stopped talking all together, communication with Heli and Jinal also decreased though they were still good friends, but Jinal and Heli were not able to stand each other ever, so going out in groups stopped, she was always stuck between the two- being close to both, Priyanka's communication was more or less with Arianna only then came Monica thise new girl in class and became close to Priyanka and Arianna, her relations with Isha got stronger, while Aditi left the group claiming she was a litltle studious and could not hang out with them always, then came Jenny and her two other friends initially they were good friends but it didn't last long, Arianna was the only one who had the maximum communication with all her friends when they drifting apart from each other. It was during exams that Arianna got to know Rahul, who she hated at first but later she fell for that guy, there was also this other guy who had a crush on Arianna, but she didn't like him back so was always rude to him and he and Jasmine became really good friends. Her realtions with her professors and seniors was also very good , well there was also a phase in her life where some other seniors started stlaking her and it became a nigh mare for her but with the support of her friends she was able to remain calm, also then came Nikunj in the group but Arianna couldn't get along with him much and her train buddy Akansha , they became really close as days (or rather train journeys passed) so those were the ties and bonds that she had developed with different people over a span of 1 year , her life had changed drastically, with life moving so fast all relations being almost plastic these days, relationships in todays' world change faster than ones' wardrobe.

She got to learn this rather soon, with groupism brewing in the group, she found her self drifting apart from her once thick like wood friends, with Jasmine and Isha becoming close, Isha's attitude becoming really bad towards her day by day, Jenny's 2 other friends becoming more close to Isha and Jasmine, though she was still close to Jasmine but felt claustrophobic in that group, with Naman going away from her all because of Isha, Priyanka and Monica hardly ever attending college, she found comfort in the company of Dhwani, Vidhi and Jainy her new friends, Friendship day was the last day she talked to Isha and Jasmine, after that Arianna didn't want anything to do with them, she became closer to those three, though Jasmine did try many times but Arianna (being the kind who if she doesn't like someone won't fight with them but will completely ignore them) was done with her, she wanted a break from Isha's self obessesive attitude and Jasmine following her blindly every where.She loved her friends never had imagined that something like that would happen, but being the strong girl that she was moved on real quick and it was always during exams that Rahul would always end up sitting near her some where, his fondness for her increased, and it wasn't long before she felt that way about him too,love was in the air though it was mild and more so a crush on either side. She was shettered when she found out her earlier crush now friend Chaitya had renounced the world, where he once told her he wanted to go to Australia to study and now renunciation was hard a fact for her to believe, she was taken aback, he did this only cause his mom passed away due to cancer and he was not strong enough to take that, that was a real shock for all her friends something of that sort from a person like him was something they had never dreamt of, life again changed for her, she became more serious about life her parents but then that was again gone in a few days teen agers after all.

So with exams done, Arianna went for a 3 day trip to a hil station with Heli and her friends, it was a 3 days 2 nights PARTY !!! for them without their parents , it was all fun, hookah, booze all those things that teens want, and it was no less of a drama, with fights happening between the girls, Arianna was shocked to see this wild side of her friend, that trip led to cracks in her friend's relations with her friends, a bit over exaggated? well that's the teen life!! Then Arianna and Dhwani went for a 13 day trip to North East India in a camp, where along with discovering so many beautiful places they also discovered new friends, drama there was no less!! with the new friends they made there fights between them and some guys in the camp, Arianna though got new friends of her life at the cost of her friendship with Dhwani, cause she also did enjoy taking her case along with the new friends sometimes, she realised later she shouldn't have done that, she tried mending her ties with her but in vain!! well with this some drama of relationships also stared where this guy she met in the camp became good friends with her but then stared acting little psychotic , so scared was she that she completely stopped talking to him!!! But at the same time started the career quest, where she wanted to study media, her parents were against her dreams, made her prepare for business studies, though she secured a place there, she was adamant on studying media, so she went aginst their wishes and secured her place at the new college all set to do something greeat and achieve something for herself and show her parents media ain't that bad afterall, this she wanted to do with Heli, though they wanted the same college, they couldn't so anyway both went on to different to roads to reach the same final destination, so here starts a whole new chapter of her life, a new and better college, again the anxiety of meeting new people, making new friends standing out from the crowd and making the most of this opportunity, while all this was happening, she started missing Jasmine and her other old college friends whom she had a fall out with, but her projects kept her busy, she felt lost in this new college where there were better poeple than her, she couldn't relate to the new environment and simply couldn't adjust with so many changes in a matter of 4 months, she lost touch with all her old friends,but she tries rekindling her friendship with Naman, though he was really not going to relent this time, after speaking to Priyanka and learning that Jasmine always asked about her, she let go of her anger and texted Jasmine, they ended up chatting for 5 hours straight, that day she got back her close friend, though they really didn't have the time to meet as her old college friends all were studying to be accountants kept them busy on the other hand Arianna was always busy with some or the other extra curricular work be it PR for her college fest or the work load of her studies, also she and Rahul got talking alot, the fact that he was shifting to Australia to pursue his business studies, really broke her down, as she has always had to suffer from poeple she loves going far far away from her be it her best friend Tania who she knew since age 3 , went to Canada, or her cousins who live in Kenya her building friend going to Kenya too, Chaitya's renunciation and now the guy she really liked going to Australia, her other friend Akansha pursuing Law was also planing to pursue her further stuides from New York, and her friend Heli's changed behaviour towards her, never being there to support her when Arianna always supported her through all her tough times, her break ups, she was done with Heli but being the close friends they were they again did start talking but that period of 2 months was tough for both, when they both needed each other so badly but their hurt egos stopped them from taking the first step it was like the"Bride Wars'' ,she always felt tthat life hasn't been fair to her cuase all her loved one's are taken away from her, this somehow played catalyst in her not being too close to anyone, with each passing day she got so busy with so many things she didn't get the time to see off Rahul before he went away and this really sadened her but being the strong girl that she is and more so , so much work that kept her busy was able to take her mind of it real soon, she also got a job at a PR firm, then learning new languages and all when the first year of her new college got over even she didn't realise.

It was time for the reunion!!! Arianna was very excited since the time she got to know about the reunion with her school batch and her old college batch both hapening in the same week, there she went for her school reunion all charged up with so much to talk about, seeing her teachers her old mates brought tears in her eyes with all her friends soing so much in life everyone doing something or the other she felt really good and when everyone came up and started sharing their journey in life so far and how school is the best part of someone's life everyone got emotional, knowing that how this person always sleeping on the last bench was one day gonna be a doctor, how this person always troubling the teacher was gonnna be a teacher herself, how this person who always doodled away in the lectures was gonna be a deisgner soon, they busrt out laughing how life takes us from nowhere to somewhere ,where life just takes a plunge and you are this new person no one imagined you to be.
Arianna was equally excited about her reunion with her old college mates, this also brought them much closer there were tears of joy also there was the absence of Rahul and Chaitya that made them sad but at the end of the day every one returned with happy memories and those kodak moments and some new friendships.
After a year since moving to Australia, Rahul came for a few days to meet his parents , and Arianna was adamant on meeting him this time come what may, so they met got talking and knowing that they both had feelings for each other started dating, it was going to be difficult as it was a long disatnce one, but were ready to take this to the next level....... A reunion where she ended up being with her love finally .

This was the last day of her final third year exams, all her 20 years of life where she studied, this was the day that would end that battle of struggle a new chapter was again to unfold, her and all her friends farewell when they were younger, always wondering why they have to study so much what for? Today they realised that those were the best days of their lives, those golden moments that were never gonna be back, it was something they would have to keep it secured in the treasure chest of their minds now they were free like birds and could take on the world, Arianna had 3 months of free time in her hand - the last 3 months ever -totally free of any responsiblities, she prepared a bucket list and did all the things she wanted to with her friends Heli and Tania, globe trotted and came back a changed more sober Arianna, the Arianna who now respected every one more, she got her results, a dream job of a publicist in a big firm, all her friends were doing well in their respective professions as well as their perosnal lives, but while Arianna's professional life was every single bit her dream come true her personal life was far from a fairy tale, but she knew one day she will too get her Prince, as God was busy writing the best love strory yet to happen.

So at the end of this adventure filled journey of the teen aged years, Arianna got her love, she and Rahul started dating and had serious feelings for each other. In the end sipping hot coffee with a guitar (with all her friends) as they go down the memory lane over all their years and laughing out loud at all their stupid fights they had for lame reasons, their attitude and how being kids thay thought they were all grown up and could take on the world, they fell in love all over again and wnet home and geared up for their road trip they were gonna go on the next week, and were all gearing up for the next chapter of their lives.

this was a take on life teen age style peppered with all the events in Arianna's life that sure did bring back your bitter sweet memories and made you fall in love all over again with best part of life.
you gotta ignite the fire in you and know that you have it in you cause its only when we're teens we're filled with mad energy and can try anything and everything cause we CAN afford to do so!!!

things to do before your out of your teens!!!
1)- Get drunk & go wild!! (don’t we all wanna do that?)
2)- leave your inhibitions- do that thing that scares you the most, it might turn out to be your favourite thing
3)- like someone? Go talk to him/her....you might end up together forever or might find someone else but you won’t regret not asking that person out & then forever wondering.... did s/he like me, like me not?
4)-go on a trip alone before turning 20-discover yourself before you are bounded with responsibliies- enjoy your freedom
5)-make a “bucket list”- if you’ve seen the movie “The Bucket List” you’ll know what I’m talking about... if not then please do so it’s a must watch!!
6)-make up with all whom you’ve fought with asap!! Don’t hold any grudge, you will curse yourself for it (speaking from persona experience)
7)-do something worth remembering in the future, when you’re old, sitting with your friends at your home, thinking about old times & think how crazy you were to do that... trust me it’s gonna be worth it.... but it should be something wild & crazy!!!
8)-do as much as possible in your teen years, this is the age where you are allowed to make mistakes!!



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.