There's No Such Thing As Perfect

Author's note: I was inspired to start writing and it's turned into my dream and future. I always turn to...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: I was inspired to start writing and it's turned into my dream and future. I always turn to writing in times of need because writing is like a fairy tale to me. It takes me out of reality. I was inspired to write a book about myself. It's meant for teens and young adults, to show that when times get bad, there is hope.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 15 Next »

Being Problematic

I had to tell my mom some how about my problem with cutting. I was so nervous to and I didn't know how. It took me a few months to plan it perfectly. What I did was print out a blog from To Write Love On Her Arms, and I wrote a seven page long letter to my mom about my cutting. I left it in her purse so when she got to her work she would read it and I would be at school. I planned for it to be then because that day I was going to my friends house after school then to practice and my mom would pick us up, so I didn't have to be alone when I saw my mom. My mom texted me after school ended telling me how much she loved me and how she cried when she read the letter because she would never want me to be so upset where I intentionally hurt myself. Reading her message made me want to cry. Not tears of pain though, tears of joy. I felt like at that moment, everything changed. I felt like everything was lifted off my shoulders. My mom wouldn't talk about it much in the car, probably because my friend was there but it wouldn't have mattered anyway because she already knew. When we got home, I started crying and telling my parents. They were understanding and weren't mad at all. I guess I had prepared for the worst. Things actually started getting a lot better from then.

This book has 1 comment. Post your own now!

Addicted said...
Feb. 27, 2011 at 2:57 am

Hi Brittany!

You have a wonderful story out in front of you but the book is rather full of little mistakes. For instance, "the" spelt as "Thee" and likewise. Reading it hence, makes it kind of difficult.

Best of luck for your endeavor. And please, check out my work, "the diary of a teenaged lunatic" and leave your comments.