There's No Such Thing As Perfect

Author's note: I was inspired to start writing and it's turned into my dream and future. I always turn to...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: I was inspired to start writing and it's turned into my dream and future. I always turn to writing in times of need because writing is like a fairy tale to me. It takes me out of reality. I was inspired to write a book about myself. It's meant for teens and young adults, to show that when times get bad, there is hope.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 15 Next »

Life As We Know It

People die everyday, while others are being born. People take advantage of the life they have whether it's good or bad. Some people need help enjoying their life. In a way, I fit into that section. Only because I started a thing called cutting. It's when I would purposely harm myself when I was upset. Every time I was upset about something, I cut myself on my wrists with a razor blade. What got me into it? I don't know, but I felt like I couldn't stop. It was like an addiction and I did it because every time I did, it made me forget about everything else I had going on. A few people at school started to notice, so I started to cover it up with skin colored makeup. It got to a point where I did it almost every week. I couldn't live like this. I told my friend Edde one night. I was crying and I went on facebook and chatted him and just started venting everything to him. I hadn't even met him before, but something about him just told me it was okay to tell him. That's just what I did, I told him everything. He told me that I was beautiful and that everything was going to get better. He told me that he had felt that way before which made me feel a lot better, knowing that I wasn't alone. Edde really made a difference and I decided to tell my mom. He gave me the hope I needed.

This book has 1 comment. Post your own now!

Addicted said...
Feb. 27, 2011 at 2:57 am

Hi Brittany!

You have a wonderful story out in front of you but the book is rather full of little mistakes. For instance, "the" spelt as "Thee" and likewise. Reading it hence, makes it kind of difficult.

Best of luck for your endeavor. And please, check out my work, "the diary of a teenaged lunatic" and leave your comments.