Back and Forth | Teen Ink

Back and Forth

February 17, 2011
By Brookeeileen SILVER, Traverse City, Michigan
More by this author
Brookeeileen SILVER, Traverse City, Michigan
8 articles 2 photos 3 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Keep your head held high gorgeous, they'd hate to see you fall."


Dear Ava,

Everyone thinks they know me, but no one does. You are officially now the only one I can trust. You just have to come back Ava! I love you and miss you! I miss you Ava, I do, I do, and to finalize it, I DO! No one knows me Ava. You know that tree in Frank and Jeanette's yard? Well I think that is going to be the last place I will be. Don’t ask in your letter back, because I won’t reply. Just look in the newspaper, in 4 weeks from August 30. Backwards never forward. Of course by now you know, after the fire, and the window “incident” you know not to count forwards. Right? Well all I have to say is good-bye Ava Marie Smith.

I Love YOU,
Maria Annie-Bell Johnson

Dear M-A-B-J,

Don’t leave me, don’t leave alone in this world. I wrote this poem to show you I love you.

Maria I love you forever and
Always from
Right when we me to the end
Including the time, we jumped off the roof,
And the time you kissed my boyfriend.

Also when we screamed in the middle of the night,
Never ever, ever will we, ever be apart,
Never
In our whole life,
Either way, all I have to say is I love you.
-
Bell, you birth parent’s last name
Even when we fight
Loving you is always my first thought
Like when we jumped off the bridge in the water, I loved you.

Johnson, your step dad’s last name,
On January 5th 1964 we met at Johnson and Bell daycare,
Here, it has been 23 years since then
Never a day passed when I never thought of you,
Some may think we are crazy
Obviously, we are best friends, who are
Never ever going to part.

M-A-B-J, I love you, don’t leave me here, or I will make Frank and Jeanette's tree my last place I will be only hours after I find out about you. Remember when we were little just little preschoolers and we made that pact to go to any New York college together and get an apartment together? And when you get a boyfriend I won’t mind? I won’t mind because I love you and death can’t even separate us. Maria Annie-Bell Johnson my life can’t be complete with out you. Remember you are going to marry Derick and I will marry Kevin? Then you would be Maria Annie-Bell Johnson Davidson-Timer. Remember? And I would be Ava Marie Smith Victor William Xerxes Yancy Lemon Octavio Clair Moon-hearted?Remember how you went out of your way to find me the longest name to a resident of Claire Moon-hearted High? Remember how it turned out to be the original Claire Moon-Hearted’s son? Well I do proving I love you. Never forget that. Believe it or not I am now Ava Marie Smith Victor William Xerxes Yancy Lemon Octavio Clair Moon-hearted, Kevin and I got married a few weeks ago. We have one child on the way, a girl. I think I am going to name her Nicole Maria Bell Octavio Clair Moon-Hearted. What do you think of the name? And what do you think of being her guardian angel/godmother? I really want you to be a part of her life M-A. Maria please say yes. Please be with me when she is born around February 27 next year. Please consider it M-A. Please.

Sincerely with so much love,
Ava Marie Smith(The rest is all too long M-A)

P.S Derick is still single and living in Clair. He was Kevin’s groomsman.
P.P.S I wanted you to come to the wedding but something was holding me back from asking you.
P.P.S.S I didn’t have a made of honor because everyone including me knew it was going to be you.
P.P.S.S.S I still thought you were going to walk in in the middle of my wedding saying “ HOLD UP WHERE DO I GOTTA STAND!”
P.P.P.S.S.S. I LOVE YOU!

Dear Ava Marie Smith( now I can call you...) Victor William Xerxes Yancy Lemon Octavio Clair Moon-Hearted,


As you see I am still writing back, besides my “warning”. I wish I were dead. YOU LIED! Derick is not single anymore! I DROVE FOR 4 HOURS TO SEE HIM! JUST TO GET MY HEART CRUSHED BY LITTLE ANNIE BELL NEW YOKING! They are getting married liar! And then on top of that YOU DIDN’T EVEN INVITE ME TO YOUR WEDDING! OMG NOW DO I GOT A POEM FOR YOU!

A LIAR YOU ARE
VULNERABLE YOU ARE
ALWAYS TRYING TO GET RID OF

ME BUT YOUR WRONG...
A BULL CAN BE TAKEN BY THE HORNS BUT
RIGHT AWAY I KNEW WE WERE NEVER GOING TO BE FRIENDS!
I WAS ALWAYS THE STRONGER ONE!
EITHER WAY, THIS I AM SORRY IS NOT REAL!

SOME PEOPLE LOVE
ME NO ONE LOVES YOU! YOU THOUGHT
I WAS FOR REAL! HAHAHA
THE
HORRID END Ava Marie Smith!

Dearest friend Maria Annie-Bell Johnson,


WHAT THE HECK HAS GOTTEN INTO YOU! First one minute we are best friends then you say you HATE me! What? Are you going through a mood swing again? Remember the last one? I do at least. I am sorry about Derick. He was all over Annie Bell New Yoking and I am sorry. I asked him about you at my wedding he said and I QUOTE “ That little chick? I’ve loved that little Southern Bell since ‘mentary school. Remember when me and her dated O so long ago? I do and then that one night at the party? O boy.... Is she comin’ back?”
I replied
“ She ain’t comin’ back soon I don’t think? She and I still talk.... She up in ‘York all alone in the big city. You should go visit her? She still has a liken’ towards you. Unless you and little Annie Bell are ‘joined at the moments. Are you guys?”
“ Nooooo, Annie is all over me, I ain’t feelin’ the same. You know what I mean, Little Girl? Now should I say Kevin’s little girlie. MAN, do I like the sound of that! Little girlie, haha”
“Stop Derick! I mean it, You should be up there callin’ her at 277-657-9870. OK are you hearin’ me clearly?”
“ Sure whaever Ava. Just go party with your ‘prince-i-kins’ Love ya too now go, don’t worry about me OK?”

That is what he said, Maria. Are you down with that dog?(I am watching ‘Idol’ re-runs right now.) Remember I don’t lie Maria and by the way don’t die. ‘Cuz I love you sister. Like if you leave me I will die too. And you don’t want that, now do you?



Love your sister,

Ava Marie Smith Victor William Xerxes Yancy Lemon Octavio Clair Moon-hearted

Dear Ava Marie Smith Victor William Xerxes Yancy Lemon Octavio Clair Moon-hearted,
I am sorry I doubted you, I know now I love you. Doubt is a stage of mind, we become doubtful in those around us, those we love, and I know now that I love you. I love you so much I am moving back, tell Derick. Because I want him to be MINE. OK? K?

I love you so much this will be my last letter. Can you ask Mary, my old babysitter/ sister to send me a letter please? Can you also give her my address?

Thanks,
Maria Annie-Bell Johnson

The author's comments:
I think Mary is my favorite character. Who is yours?

Dear Maria,

This is Mary. Yes I know this is from Ava’s mailbox, I know you may want to know I live with her now. Because Thomas( My husband) lost his job. We couldn't’ find a smaller house soon enough so we moved in with Ava and Kevin. Boy do I love that family. They have been so kind to me though out these years. Ava said something about you wanting to write to me. Is this true? Why so then?

Well Margret is calling,(Margret being my baby),
Well bye,
Mary Ann Towns-Person

Dear Mary Ann Towns-Person,

Never mind on why I wanted to message you because ITS YOU! I am SO SO happy to be able to talk to you Mary. You have to see me soon I AM A BLONDIE! Ya just like you MARY! I love you. I would write more but I can’t sorry.


Bye, I love love love you!,
Maria Annie-Bell Johnson

The author's comments:
Av... is a strange person. Get used to not knowing what happens with her

Ava,

I have a severe question. Can I stay with you for the next few weeks/months. PLEASE AVA I will stay in a dog house forever if necessary. May I please live with you. I know you live in a GIANT house. And I have no where to stay. I will buy food for your house 1-2 times a month( Like a lot of food) and will clean it nicely everytime I can. So May I please stay with you Ava or should I say Mrs. Clair Moon-Hearted? Pretty Please with lot of sugar on top. Please? And thank you for saving me from death Av thanks.

Pretty Please,
Maria Annie-Bell Johnson
P.S I am sorry I got mad at you Av..

Maria,

I talked to Ava she said yes. She didn’t even need convincing. I am so happy we are going to share a room. Just you and I like the old days Maria just like the olden days. AHHHHH I am so excited. Just like olden times Maria. I talked to Derick, he is so happy to see you Doll.

Well it is time for me to leave,
Mary Ann Towns-person

Maria,
You are here, in this town, I am so glad you are here in the city Maria, writing letters is so much easier now that we are closer. All so congrats on you and Derick. I was so proud to be your brides maid. It just made my day, that day and everyday after it. Maria, life only gets harder watch out for Little Annie Bell New Yorking she still “loves” Derick, but now you are with him and she can only complain. Complaining is only as bad for the complainer as it is for the one being complained at.


Love,
Ava

The author's comments:
This is the last chapter before "weird" happens.

Dear Ava,

Bye I love you. Derick and I are going to go honeymoon in China. I am going to be gone for seven weeks. Bye.

Chat when I get back,
Maria

Dear Maria,
Happy Leap Year day. Are you home yet? Because I miss you, Maria, I am scared Kevin is always gone, and Little Annie Bell is always over. I can’t trust him. He hasn’t told me he loves me in four weeks, FOUR WEEKS. Maria please tell me what to do! I know Eric cheated on you, you do too. What did you do to find it Maria, I love Kevin, but Little Annie Bell is a LITTLE TWO TIMING DIRT-BAG! I EVEN WROTE HER A POEM. Guess what Nicole was born yesterday. I love her Maria I do I do Id.

Liar you are, making my man cheat on me,
I wish you moved to a foreign country so I don’t have to see your face.
Always will I never trust you!
Remember him because you will see no more of him!

You are a PAIN IN MY BIG FAT BUTT
Only will you know you, cuz I don’t know you!
United him and I are!

Always will he love me not you!
Remember me and the note I will leave on your grave
Even tomorrow you are DEAD!

Maria, should I send this to Little Annie Bell?
Reply soon,
Ava
P.S How was your honeymoon?

Dear Ava,

I personally think that good for nothing, hurtful, deceiving, little BRAT, should get the letter. I have her address if you would like it. Do you Ava? Guess what? I am pregnant. Derick and I have 8.5 more months until our child is born. Isn’t that exciting? Well I am so excited. We were thinking of names in China and so far we have: For a girl: Ava Ann, Mary Lou Sue, and Jessica Sue. For a boy: Kevin Derick( K.D.) Louis, and David John. Which ones do you like? I like Ava Ann, and Kevin Derick.
Well see you soon,
Maria

Dear Little Annie Margret Bell New Yorking,

Remember BRAT he is mine. I wrote this for you to see he damage you have done.

Liar you are, making my man cheat on me,
I wish you moved to a foreign country so I don’t have to see your face.
Always will I never trust you!
Remember him because you will see no more of him!

You are a PAIN IN MY BIG FAT BUTT
Only will you know you, cuz I don’t know you!
United him and I are!

Always will he love me not you!
Remember me and the note I will leave on your grave
Even tomorrow you are DEAD!
Annie I will find you. Annie, I will kill you and Annie you will die. You will not scream. And then you guys can live together happily. WHEN YOU ARE BOTH DEAD!

Bye

August 2, 1988
Clair Times
This letter was found in the backyard of Miss Annie Bell New Yorking. No names was found. If you know who wrote this then please call Dr. Derick Davidson.
Letter:

Everyone thinks they know me, but no one does. You are officially now the only one I can trust. You just have to come back Ava! I love you and miss you! I miss you Ava, I do, I do, and to finalize it, I DO! No one knows me Ava. You know that tree in Frank and Jeanette's yard? Well I think that is going to be the last place I will be. Don’t ask in your letter back, because I won’t reply. Just look in the newspaper, in 4 weeks from August 30. Backwards never forward. Of course by now you know, after the fire, and the window “incident” you know not to count forwards. Right? Well all I have to say is good-bye Ava Marie Smith.

I Love YOU,
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Obituary:
Miss Annie Bell New Yorking.





Was murdered on July 29, 1988
January 27 1964- July 29, 1988.
We will miss her. She was a joy
and full of life. She will be missed.
If you know the murderer
please call
188-MUR-DERS

Also
Mr. Kevin Victor William Xerxes
Yancy Lemon Octavio Clair
Moon-hearted. Murder twenty
minutes after Miss
Annie Bell New Yorking.
July 1 1965-July 29, 1988.
We also miss him.
Please call
188-MUR-DERS
if you know who killed him.
We have an idea but we are not sure.

Also,
Ms. Kevin Victor William Xerxes
Yancy Lemon Octavio Clair
Moon-hearted. Killed herself
after the loss of her husband.
She was assumed to be the
one who killed him. Her first name was Ava.
Now their daughter Nicole will be left alone
in the world. If related to them please
come pick her up. Or call
188-765-0987. September 31, 1962-
July 30, 1988.



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 1 comment.


on Feb. 18 2011 at 9:54 pm
PrincessSparkle GOLD, Flint, Michigan
11 articles 0 photos 53 comments

Favorite Quote:
Whoever said Nothings impossible clearly never tried to slam a rotating door.

It was short. And at times confusing. But I liked it. It took me a total of like 15 minutes to read it. Not even. But I guess it was good. The ending confused me. Do they expect Maria to be the killer?