The Social Class Beast

Author's note: Currently I'm still working on this story. I was inspired by Disney's Beauty and the Beast. I...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: Currently I'm still working on this story. I was inspired by Disney's Beauty and the Beast. I thought, what would a beast be in a high school setting. Heres the results.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11 Next »

New Guy

Some days, I just listened to my i-pod and blocked everyone out. Today was one of those days. My little posse was standing infront of the orchestra room waiting for the first bell to ring. I love hearing what my friends have to say but sometimes I just wanted to sleep, and at that moment I was kind of in a daze as I leaned against the cold stone tiles on the wall.
"Misti" Ashanti nudged me. I looked up at her blankly.
"What?" I asked moodily.
"The
This is the new edited chapter. I hope you like this better and I'm sorry I haven't been posting as often I don't have a computer so its hard to get online.
bell rang and the Misti I know wouldn't want to be late." The other three friends of mine were already in the orchestra room, not bothering to say goodbye. Ashanti was the funniest and most awesome best friend I could have.
"Do I have to go to bio?" I whined as I stood away from the wall and waited for a chance to merge into the swarm of students in the hallway.
"Well honestly, I would skip soo..." Yeah, she wasn't much of a help there. Getting tired of waiting any longer I pushed my way into the crowd, sending people stumbling around me. I felt Ashanti on my heels. "See, I love this!! you just clear my way so I can get to class on time." With that statement I laughed. She was sooo right I just pushed people out of the way, not caring if they trip or fall. Eventually we came to a wider hallway and Ashanti started walking next to me.
I noticed her ebony skin was almost glowing under the fluorescent lighting. "New lotion?" I asked.
"What? Oh, yeah. Doesn't my skin look amazing?! I think I'm going to stick with this brand." She said proudly, her curly dark brown hair bouncing as we walked. Ashanti was always curious as to what different lotions' labels actually say the truth.
"Yeah it works well, bye" I told her before side-stepping into my Biology room.
I sat in my biology class. It was a small, rather plain room. The walls were painted white and the floors were green tile. Every tile had small specs of black within the green pigment, whenever I get bored I look at a tile and connect the black smudges as if they were constellations. Currently I was doing so, the tile was right next to my foot and the dots made a cat-like shape. Six round tables filled the room, three on the left side of the room and three on the right. At each table were six chairs.
I sat at the back most table in the back most chair all the way on the right side of the room. Why? Because I'd rather have people talk about me in front of me instead of behind my back. Whether the comments are negative or positive, I still would like to hear them.
The bell rang again and my teacher handed us an easy worksheet to do. Within ten minutes I was done. Sliding my finished assignment across the table top and into the center of the circular table, I brought out the book I had started last night and began to read. That's when the new guy walked in. I barely looked up, too focused on the words in the book. Yet the gasps and mumble of the room caught my attention and folding the corner of the page, I checked out the new comer.
He was very different from my peers and I. His black hair was gelled into a style resembling that of a hedgehog or porcupine, his eyes were bright red in color, making them really pop were the rings of eyeliner circling both eyes. Piercings could be seen in various places, his nose and eyebrow contained one each, he had snake bites and his ears were covered in rods and rings. Around his neck was a studded collar, his shirt was a plain black tee. Yet his shirt was a little small on him, showing his intimidating muscles ripple under the fabric. He wore plaid red and black skinny jeans with a studded belt that matched the collar, hanging from the pockets and belt loops were multiple chains of various sizes. Creeping from his pocket to his ear was an ear bud from his I-pod. Over all he looked scary and very rude, but I never judged a book by its cover.
I went back to reading as my teacher recovered from her shock and asked the new guy who he was. Glancing up from my book I watched as he shrugged and looked at the empty chair next to me. Ignoring anything the teacher said or asked he made his way toward the seat, walking around my side of the table and knocking down all of my books. My notes flew everywhere and I lost my place in two of the books I was reading because the bookmarks fell out. It took me a few seconds to realize what just happened, in those few seconds he sat down next to me and put his feet on the table. Nay, not the table, on the assignment I had just finished. It was now caked with mud.
"What the hell is your friggin' problem?!" I screamed at him, jumping out of my chair and standing over him. The class gasped with surprise, never having heard me speak in class before especially in such an angry way. My hands balled into fists as I tried so hard to control my anger, but I couldn't.
"Chill, just a few books." His voice was soft but his eyes were challenging.
"I'd like to see you pick them up and find the exact word I left off at." I sneered.
"I'll crush you into a pulp if you don't get off my back." He growled, his voice raising angrily. My teacher and peers weren't going to do anything, this was the best entertainment they had in a while.
"And I'll beat you senseless! Who the hell do you think you are? Waltzing into the classroom like you own the place and ruining my stuff!!!" I glowered at him, pulling my now muddy work booklet from under his mud covered Converse sneakers. He looked shocked as if nobody has ever stood up to him before. "So let me teach you a lesson," I was on a nasty streak and I wasn't going to stop until he cleaned up his mess, "pick up my books and notes that you so kindly pushed to the floor."
"Or else what?" He chuckled in amusement.
"Or else I'll give you an actual black eye to show off, instead of all the makeup you wear." I hissed as the class oohed like they would when someone was called to the principal's office. "Or should I pluck off all of your piercings one by one? Is that what I need to do to get some respect from you?" I could feel my eyes blaze with fury as they burned straight into his gaze. His eyes narrowed as he stood up angrily and tossed his chair aside, causing it to fall and clang against the floor. He stood over me, my was he taller than I thought.
"I don't know who you think you are, but you aren't the queen of this school or anything!" He jeered,"So back off!!"
"I'm Misti-f***ing-Hailberry! And with that said and done, pick up my books now!" I growled at the new kid. His eyes still widened with shock, he started picking up my notes. "I did have them ordered by date before you ruined them." I scoffed.
"Are you serious? You should be happy I'm even picking them up for you." He grumbled.
"Yes I'm serious!" I snapped at him before sitting in my chair and looking at the table as if nothing happened, the only sound in the room was the new guy picking up my stuff. Eyes burned my skin but I simply ignored it. Five minutes until the bell was supposed to ring is when he handed me my binder containing organized notes and the three books I had. He was going to say something but was cut off by the bell. I got up, side stepped around him and walked out of the room, leaving everyone to look after me in awe.

I walked to my locker and unlocked the lock with my combination, 15-13-15. Opening the door I heard a recently familiar voice from behind me.

"Oh come on." He muttered crossly to himself as the new guy walked up to the locker next to me. I sighed and rolled my eyes as I grabbed my sketch book from my locker. This was going to be a looooong day...

WOWritingThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 11 at 4:56 pm:
Wow... It's a bit slow at the beginning and I don't like Misti's sort of attitude at first but I love her now! And I love the story! It's great!

VanendraThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 10 at 8:25 pm:
like The Social Class Beast on Facebook please <3

New Chapter Posted!!! :D

Ashanti said...
So if anyone has a question, just feel free to ask. :)

EternallyReading said...
Mar. 25, 2013 at 6:28 pm:
I'm really enjoying this so far and I can not wait for the next chapters. I like how you threw in that little twist of him casting a spell. However it did feel abrupt. Maybe in the earlier chapters you could put little hints? Overall though I love it! Keep it up!   Also I was wondering if you could check out my story Shape Shifter's True Form...

ShyKarma replied...
Apr. 20, 2013 at 5:28 pm :
loving the story, cant wait for more chapters!  

VanendraThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jan. 8 at 6:06 pm :
well I just posted a bunch more chapters, I hope you enjoy them!!!! ^-^

Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:57 am:
New Chapters Posted!!!!!!!!!!!! ^-^

Mar. 4, 2013 at 11:04 am:
<3 To all of you impatient fans of this story: More chapters will be posted in a few weeks, so please hang tight... If you can't wait you can also read them on my deviantart...my username is Vanendra there too ^-^

LuvLife said...
Feb. 19, 2013 at 2:23 pm:
I love how it is going so far. Yes, it needs some work but it's is great! I enjoy it. I know it is hard writing chapters, but I'm asking u pretty please with a cherry on top, to idk. Maybe create another chapter or so? Waiting is so dreadful when your reading a good book. Keep up with the good work!

Mar. 4, 2013 at 11:01 am :
I will be posting a good chunk of chapters soon, I've recently been inspired and have about 6 chapters to add. So expect them to be posted in a few weeks. ^-^ I'm glad you like my story.

ShyKarma said...
Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:48 pm:
I love this book cant wait for more chapters :)

Mar. 4, 2013 at 11:03 am :
More chapters will be posted in a few weeks, so please hang tight... If you can't wait you can also read them on my deviantart...my username is Vanendra there too ^-^

RaisaMiri said...
YES! xD i can't wait!

SawrahAnn replied...
Dec. 4, 2012 at 1:16 pm :
I've been reading your book for a while now and I can't help but keep looking to see for added chapters . The suspence is getting to me! Love your work!

Dec. 4, 2012 at 9:47 pm :
Thank you!! I'm sorry I have so much school work to do, but don't worry, more chapters will be posted soon...Is it bad that I already started the sequel? xD

SawrahAnn replied...
Dec. 5, 2012 at 12:11 pm :
Not at all! haha  I'd love to hear what you think of my book, if you have time check it out :) http://www.teenink.com/novels/realistic_fiction/book/105768/Infinita/

SawrahAnn replied...
Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:27 am :
haha no, not bad at all. Check out my book, Infinita, I'd love to know what you think about it!

Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:14 am :
I will as soon as I can, right now I'm busy with alot of art orders. ^-^

Nov. 6, 2012 at 9:26 am:
New chapter up!!!! hope you all like it :D