If Eyes Could Redeem-A New York Fairytale | Teen Ink

If Eyes Could Redeem-A New York Fairytale

By Queen-IYL-09 BRONZE, Paramus, New Jersey
Queen-IYL-09 BRONZE, Paramus, New Jersey
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

If we shouldn't eat at night, why is there a light in the fridge?"-Anonymous

Summary:

*MAY INCLUDE SPOILERS*

Julianna is a third-class American, and she hates working in the family store, Kurt's; no one ever comes to buy anything. Soon, though, she applies for Laguna Bay University, and it looks good. Julianna also gets to ditch her main job by going to work for Kohl's. But the best thing was, she found a dog, and named it Zoë, after her friend Zoey who became paralyzed in a car crash that Julianna caused. 

However, everything goes wrong. When Julianna realizes that she could've stopped the apartment fire that killed so many people, and Zoë, she realizes that she wants to stop living her life. Now she has to move to Arizona, and she can't even get the job or get into the college she wanted. To her, it was like the Great Depression. 

Then, something marvelous happens. After a strange dream with Julianna and Zoey scratching a Valentine card and winning 10 million dollars, and Zoë coming out of a new house, she decides that she should buy a lottery ticket. What happens next is more than coincidence, and at her new college, with her new dog, Zendaya, and Ms. Zoey, the teacher, she learns what redemption is.

Queen-IYL-09