Undying love | Teen Ink

Undying love

April 3, 2018
By Bellakeneborus BRONZE, Turner, Maine
More by this author
Bellakeneborus BRONZE, Turner, Maine
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Undying Love

RRIIINNNGGG went the obnoxious school bell signifying that April vacation was finally here. Stella hopped out of her seat hastily grabbing her books and ran for the lockers trying to beat him there. Stella was a semi short high school senior with eyes as blue as the sky and hair as blonde as sand, she could make anyone laugh at a drop of a pin and was a shoulder to cry one of someone needed one. Stella pretty much ran down the hall trying to get to her locker but was too late she was greeted there by Liam who stood there with a box of chocolates.
Liam was a semi tall high school senior as well, with dark brown hair and eyes as green as the sea. He was always so protective of Stella but was kind all the same.  “I told you not to get me anything” laughed Stella
“well I did” teased Liam “you're welcome”
“Thank you” chuckley Stella hugging Liam
“You know you don't have to surprise me every weekend with chocolates, we've been dating for over two years!”
“I know but I think a good husband should get his wife chocolate, so I'm practising now”
Liam and Stella were planning to get married after high school and get a small house in the mountains away from there small town Bexley and most importantly away from Stella's father Joe, Joe always was mean to Stella, shouting at her and even sometimes hitting her. This has happened through all of Stella's life but was more  baribul went her mother was still alive, she was the only one who could tame her father, but one day her mother was driving back from work on a rainy night and was hit by a car and killed instantly. 
“I have another surprise for you!” sang Liam
“What is it” said Stella excited, Liam then pulled out two plane tickets to hawaii
“OH MY GOSH!!” squilled Stella “Thank you so much” she rapped him in a huge hug
“ your very welcome Stella my love”said Liam kissing the top of her head
“we leave tomorrow so go home and start packing and then you can come over and we can eat pizza until we cant breath and binge watch netflix show”
“Sounds perfect, I’ll be over in an hour” and with a kiss on his cheek Stella went home to pack.
CREEAAKKK went the old wooden front door as Stella snuck into her house careful not to wake her father who was passed out on the couch. she slowly creeped upstairs into her room where she began pulling her suitcase out of her closet and throwing in beach clothes and bathing suits, her laptop and phone charger into the bag, she also grabbed her passport. She did one more quick scan of the room and turned to leave but as she did she heard creaking coming up the stairs, Stella instantly knew who it was and locked her door so he couldn't get in.
BANG BANG BANG “open up Stella, I know it’s you don't make me break down this door” yelled Stella's father, Stella stayed quiet because she knew if her abusive father found out she was going on a vacation she would be beaten.
Stella creeped over to her window and began to drop her bags down off the roof then she herself climbed onto the roof and jumped off landing on the soft grass, picking up her bags and taking one last glance at her window and the yelling that was happening behind the door she then jumped into her car and drove off to Liams crying the whole way.
KNOCK KNOCK Liam flug his front door open and greeted a puffy eyed Stella with a warm huge, Liam knew what had happened without even asking, he didn't need to, he just comforted her, and like he promised they sat and ate pizza and watched netflix all night.
The bright sun coming from the bay window woke Stella up instantly where she was greeted with a tray of pancakes and coffee next to her, a huge smile spread across her face and she ran down stairs with her tray where she was again  greeted by Liam holding flowers and car keys “you better eat fast or we will miss our flight” exclaimed Liam “Okay!” said  Stella with excitement.
“Ready to go?” asked Liam who had packed the car and was pulling out of the driveway with Stella in the passenger seat “Yes!!” replied Stella with excitement
“Hawaii here we come!” She tried to hide that fact the she wasn't feeling the best through talking.
The intercom on the plane came on “ we will be landing here in 10 min so please stay seated and Welcome to Hawaii!” said an enthusiastic plane attendant
“I can't believe you did this!” Squilled Stella
“anything for you!” said Liam with a loving voice.
As they walked out of the airport to there rental car Stella seemed a little less excited 
“What's wrong Stella?” asked Laim
“Oh nothing I think I'm a little jetlagged, I’ll be ok”
Driving up to their cottage they got for the week Stella started to become very pale and stopped responding, but she didn't want to tell Liam because she didn't want him to worry.
“Well here we are” announced Liam
“It's so pretty” answer Stella
“You go sit on the coach and I’ll get you some juice” said Liam but as Stella was walking to the coach she passed out and hit the floor with a thud Stella then started to shake all over and blood came out of her ears, Liam turned around stunted and ran toward Stella scooping her up off the floor and cradled her in his arm as he called the Ambulance.
Everything started going in slow motion, Stella was rushed out of the house, the house that was supposed to hold relaxation, fun and where Liam was going to propose to Stella.
They spent their first day in hawaii in the hospital  running tests and waiting for news on what had happened and caused Stella to shake and bleed. As hours passed and Stella slowly started getting worse and worse, until a nurse came in.
“Your results came in for her tests” said a pretty nurse in a very solemn voice
“can I talk to you outside” she said as she lead Liam away from Stellas bedside into the hallway. “ so we have the tests and I’m very afraid that there not so good” stated the nurse “why what's wrong with her?!” said Liam starting to panic
“Well…. She has a terminal cancer that has been building up for 4 years and I’m very afraid she won't make it through the night” whispered the nurse “I’m very sorry”
Liam’s world started to spin and fall apart knowing that the love of his life and his best friend was soon to be gone. Liam sprinted back into the room where he was greeted with five doctors and nurses around Stella checking her blood pressure or giving her medicine. Liam fell beside her bed and grabbed Stellas hand, Stellas head turned to look at her boyfriend, “have they told you yet?” whimpered Stella in a soft voice, Liam nodded his head, tears filling in his eyes and rolling down his cheeks, as he looked at what was a very lively, loving ,funny girl who was now sick, gray and drained of life. “You were the best thing that ever happened to me” Whispered Stella as she laid in her bed tears flooding her eyes  Liam turned to her and  knelt  down and pulled out a ring “will you marry me? Liam asked with tears in his eyes, Stella unable to speak held out her dying hand so he could put the ring on, once it was on, Stella looked into her now fiancee eyes and touched his cheek for the last time  “I love you” she whispered “ I'll see you again someday” and with that Stellas hand fell to her side and her eyes which were once bright blue where now gray with no life. Her heart monitor started to beep with a flat line.  Liam’s tears fell on to Stella’s dead hand “ I'll see you very soon” Laim whispered to her.
Liams sobs echoed throughout the whole hospital and his pleads to God to not let Stella go went unanswered. A few days later Liam went missing but was found later that night dead in a ditch near their hut with a note in his front pocket saying I said I would see Stella very soon, and now I will.



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.