The Guardians Of Senrenio | Teen Ink

The Guardians Of Senrenio

By YoruNoUmare SILVER, interlachen, Florida
YoruNoUmare SILVER, Interlachen, Florida

"May the odds be ever in your favor!" The hunger games, by suzanne collins.

Author's note:

im really into dragons, and i wanted to make a manga-this is the novel version. 

Lilac's POV:

"Lilac, its time for your big day!" my mother said trying to get me out of bed. I just groaned and rolled over. I was an average teenager with who was very gifted, with caramel skin and kinky curly black hair,though there were weird things about me, like my purple eyes and my fascination in purple, but that's all. "Either you get out of bed. or I get you out of bed myself."  that got me out of bed. I remember that time I didn't get up when I was seven and shuddered. it involved a pail with about twenty ice cubes in it and a faucets version of ice cold water. "im coming Mom." I hollered at her where she wouldn't be tempted to come upstairs. I went into the upstairs bathroom to find my hair a complete mess, I just took a shower, picked at it, then put it in a ponytail. I was too tired for anything else.

I went downstairs to find my mom neatly packing my stuff in my backpack and fixing my cereal bowl. this scared me. "mom what are you doing?" I asked while eating my cereal. secretly bracing myself for what  horribleness that was sure to come. "nothing but getting you ready for your big day flower. why do you ask?" she said avoiding my face. Now I KNOW this is bad. "well I ask because im fourteen years old and can and have packed my backpack for the first day of school and can well fix my breakfast by my self." stating as I put my dishes in the sink. "you know me too much don't you flower?" my mother said grinning ear to ear. I could feel my eyes dilate " mom what are you doing. just get it over with."  sitting back down in my chair to stare at her. "dear. you are fourteen years old darling and i'm worried, you haven't shown any interest in any boys your age so I decided to get you out there you know? today you will be wearing a skirt, not ripped of jeans, and no sneakers either, I know you have some small ankle boots in there, and no t shirt. a collared blouse will complete your outfit." she said with a worried look on her face. and I didn't fall for it." don't act like you're worried, you're just scared that im a freak,but fine, ill wear that girly crap, but not every day of the year, no where near that, just for today ok? and where did you get the clothes?" I asked her. she  shook her head at my question about the clothes, but smiled and agreed with the rest, with that I let out a heavy sigh.

my mom could be so annoying, she always going on about 'love' when she doesn't even have a boyfriend herself. its weird how her personality meets and compliments her appearance. She was weird too, she had blond hair and pink eyes while she loves pink, kind of how I love purple. and she wonders why I don't have a boyfriend. my mom and me are freaks. I get up and get dressed and hug and kiss my mom goodbye and walk to the bus stop. new day like every year. but this time it wasn't the same town nor the same school, this was Senbriar, Nenenso. and my school was Nexus Friar High. and I was the new kid again. As I walked into the school I saw nothing but normal people at first, it was like a normal school and that made me smile, but then I noticed them, and they noticed me. And then my smile faded.

From Skri's POV

I was standing there, talking to my friends when suddenly my friend ,Nico, eyes about bulged out of his head, we all looked at him confused. "Nico what is it?" colon said. Nico sputtered in response, not making coherent words, then we ALL knew what that meant. Nico had found a girl that he liked. "Nico you know you cant go with mortals so why do you keep trying to look for one?" I said in an agitated tone. he turned to me and glared, clearly out of his trance. "what? im not staring at her because she's pretty! she's different!" he said nearly screaming at me. this didn't surprise me though, Nico was a fire-breathing dragon, literally, and that meant that he had a temper to match it too. But what did surprise me is that he said she was "different" that was our code for spotting a dragon. I looked over there to her and saw her staring at us. I nearly collapsed. she had a very strange beauty about her, like a rainbow, precious and rarely seen. her eyes were a bright purple, not a purple that contacts could fake either. I summoned some wind to breeze past her and come by us. I sniffed at it. yeah. she was definitely a dragon, and a rare and powerful one too. her scent smelled of flowers and light. which was a VERY good combination. I shared this with the others and they seemed genuinely surprised, I just shrugged. it was all part of being an air dragon, you had very good senses and  can manipulate air. and no, that doesn't make you an air head as Nico would say.

"well what do we do?" said Sara. She was a water dragon. she always had ideas and was fluent and clear in many things. as water is. "well she cant go along just being a normal girl. she's a dragon, a powerful one at that, as Skri said. and maybe she's the one we need. we need to talk to her." said Terra, a earth dragon. she wasn't moved by anything except powerful things, and the way she was acting it definitely sealed the deal that she was powerful. Collin and Nico agreed,  Nico with lit up eyes, and Collin with a shrug, the lightning dragon just didn't care, he was more of a spiritual person and a destructive person then the one to deal with problems. as soon as we began to walk over there the bell rang. grumbling we all went to our classes. and at the end of the day we were all dumbfounded. this girl had been with us all day. she had the same class of all of us. so it made it A LOT easier to keep track with her till all was explained. when they got out they sped in front of the girl, she was going to the bus stop, and that made it difficult. we pretended we rode that bus, the bus driver paid no mind to us but the students did, all the students were staring at us with surprise, except the girl. she was staring at us in fear.

when her stop/our temporary stop came all six of us jumped out and the girl began to run, we began to race after her, Collin racing ahead of us with his "lightning speed" tackled her, I saw just in time for her to push her hand against his chest and a colorful light come out of it. the look on their faces were the same accept Collins became superior and his eyes shone a brighter yellow then I had ever seen. he jumped off of her. to look at himself. and as he did I saw around his eyes his skin was turning into scales. " Collin not here!"  I yelled. he heard me and saw the panic on my face, he shook as the scales turned back into skin. I looked at the girl who looked like she was about to burst into tears from fright, I slowly walked over to her and helped her up. she was eyeing me with caution. I had to look away, those eyes were to bright, they will dull once her identity has been revealed, but right now they were like neon signs saying "im powerful" ."who are you?" she muttered to me and Collin, but it was Nico who responded " we are dra-" he began to say and Terra slapped him. both the slap and Nico's voice scared me and made me jump. apparently they were behind me the entire time. I looked at he girl with sad eyes, this must have been the most horrible day of her life and it was going to get worse. " what is your name girl, and we wont hurt you at all. we just really need to talk to you, and once you tell us your name, we will explain our actions." I stated. then the girl's expression became shocked then irritated. "Lilac, now explain."  she declared while crossing her arms. I couldn't help but laugh. I heard a "whoa" that came from Nico behind me, that just agitated me and made me roll my eyes.

" OK you want us to explain?" I said picking her up before she could wiggle out of my grasp. "then ill explain. hold on though" I said with a smirk, she began to try and yell at me but then her voice was cut off, she started to scream when I opened a portal and threw her in it. the others laughed as we jumped in after her. when we landed on marble floor I heard a groan from Lilac. oops, I forgot  I was going to the palace, or else I wouldn't have threw her in. oh well. she got up and started screaming at us then stopped when a tinkling voice told her to. she turned around slowly to see a dragon with what looked like an entire universe around her. our queen. Leienserlila.  The  all powerful celestial dragon, maker of all of us. "you are special Lilac" was all she said.

From Nico's POV

through all of the chasing and transporting I was stuck in a haze. I mean whoa, that girl was HOT! almost as hot as ME! and I don't mean that in a conceited kind of way. when Skri told me to stop looking for mortal babes it was that moment that I noticed her eyes and quickly made that my excuse. thank god she was though, I don't think I could have let her go. anyway. when queen Leienserlila told her she was special I was like "duh" but I didn't say anything, I knew she meant dragon-wise. Queen Leienserlila became a person then. that was rare, and it made my eyes bulge. she was a twenty year old looking female, which is when we stop ageing and be stuck that way forever. her eys held the galaxies and even being a human she had a faint glowing of outstretched wings from her back, they were like a hallucination. she had black hair, and a tall, flowy figure. and where ever she stepped it would create what looked like a hole in the floor into the universe. it was amazing. but when she came over to lilac and put a hand on her that snapped me back to reality. "Lilac, did you know your a Dragon?" she said with concern in her eyes. Lilac just stood there looking dumbfounded, obviously not able to speak. Leienserlila got up and brought a stone to her. she had done this with all dragons to find out their identity. as she held it in her hands it gleamed a blinding golden. just as it always did when she held them. she held it in front of lilac.

"touch it lilac, it wont hurt you." she said. and as lilac did what she was told  the stone gleamed brighter then the queens golden,I had to shield my eyes, I heard a gasp from both lilac and  Leienserlila. it dulled a little, inside the light was millions of shades of colors, and the purple shades united to make a crescent moon and a star. the insignia of the queens. and with that both the queen and lilac fainted. Collin transformed and made a blood-curdling call trying to wake them up, one that catches your attention because it sounds like a seriously loud crack of lightning. "seriously dude. you had to do that?" I asked him. in response he walked up over to me and before I could do anything he did a low key one in my ear. I was seriously dazed for a minute. after checking if my ears were bleeding I transformed too. torching him. getting mad he shot lightning at me. "STOP" yelled Sara.  her, Skri, and Terra had already transformed too. I guess being awoke by the commotion the queen and lilac began to stir. quickly we all changed back. Leienserlila got up first and helped lilac up. she looked seriously weak, as did lilac as well. "now that you all have seen that. you must keep a secret. but before I tell you. follow me." she said opening a portal, leading to a cave that had a bunch of signs on the wall. I laughed at them thinking of cave men, and Sara, who had been in front of me turned around to glare at me.

"children. you all are special in multiple ways. all dragons are. but you six are extremely valuable.  I will tell you why, but first I would like to welcome are newest, and most powerful dragon yet. Lilac. The Aurora Borealis dragon. Daughter of Nixeia. the Love dragon." she said resting against a pile of rocks. I was utterly confused. why didn't they announce her sire? I mean love has little to do with power, its appearance and manipulation along with wisdom, which we all knew she had. but where did the power come from. I asked and immediately regretted it.  " that's none of your business Nico, but you will know in time." Leienserlila snapped at me. I slunk against the rocks slightly frightened of that enormous power she had. "now to tell the story." she said and mass produced some wood. " Nico would you mind lighting this?" she said. and I came to the pile of wood and touched with my palm. touching all the power I had in me I lit it easily. Leienserlila closed her eyes and blew into the fire. in her breath were a bunch of tiny dust particle things that looked like stars. the last thing I thought before Leienserlila started the story was 'oh boy' and the cave became completely dark. for a few moments I was worried. I didn't like the dark. but then it burst into life. colorful lights lit up everywhere. it focused on a night on a mountain with the northern lights spewed across a star-flecked sky.  

Collin's POV

Everyone were taken by the scene that portrayed in the smoke and light from the power. it was a incredibly starry night with northern lights showing above a cliff. "ill tell you this story, but don't interrupt, this is the night when all was born, yet this was the night that chaos struck" said Leienserlila. we didn't say nothing. we just watched the story as Leienserlila sang, what she said was dancing and forming in the fire, like little silhouettes proving her point  before you knew it there was this beautiful dragon, it was like Leienserlila in many ways but also different, it had a black pit in the middle of its chest. it was holding a dragon egg. "long ago a Galaxy dragon had gone with black matter, for she was the universe so black holes mattered. when her heart was filled with the dark that it used to cease, she gave birth to a dragon which yearned to speak, its eyes were filled with stars and planets, but her father yearned to be a menace, the dragon was far to strong for the weak, and in the weak stood her mother and father who were bound to bow upon her feet. in rage the father started a war, a war that had destroyed the world. when the last three dragons, the mother and the father and the daughter. stood before each other. the two parents cast spells around the daughter. her father was first giving dismay, he gave her the curse of tending to the lay, the eggs would hatch and be granted a deadly, world ending characteristic, Jealousy, love, recklessness, sympathy and callousness. he began to grant it on a sixth one but only got half through, the mother started her chant too. "she shall make this world abundant again, with her true power realized again. she shall pass on this story that we have created, and know the certain future as you have made it.  she shall die when she gives her last advice, but her words shall suffice, she shall choose the guardians to save from your likes!" and with that she died, leaving only the dragon, the one and only Celestial dragon.

but the father was still there, but had little power to overlap the mothers words. but he cursed her once again, the curse that would end the world. "you shall see him rise from the ashes, a loving dragon make all the lashings, you may have these characteristics pointed towards you, they will down you by weakness, they will make you lose." and with that the father collapsed by his former wife's body. dyeing just as she did. when the dragonet had come to see her parents dead, she gleamed like the universe, hearing their curses in her head. she did what she had up to this day, but tonight she will die without delay." Leienserlila finished. with a tear flowing down her cheek, she was shaking all over. " Leienserlila, who were those six dragons?" lilac said. she gave them all a long, hard look. "its you, my dragons." she said now full blown weeping. she began to glow a bright white and her eyes became transparent. "listen wisely my dragons, my tasks are about done. the darkness of the black hole dragon is reviving. its already in action. you all six are the guardians of Senrenio. you all have characteristic that the dragon cursed upon you. but lilac has only half of hers. and hers was never available to be spoken so I don't know. I know the future you have upon you. and it is a grave, sorry path. dragons closest to you will die, and with that you'll want to give up. but lilac needs you all, without you there would be no guardians and we would all die under the rain of the upcoming dark dragon. he is called a twilight dragon. the first in his kind as lilac is of hers. they will face off in the end and when they do the curses will be lifted. if done right. all things that have come victim to The Black Hole dragon will be rejuvenated. if not, we all die."

she looks gravely at us. " follow your hearts when you feel like its right." was her last piece of information before we were blinded by the white light and she disappeared forever. leaving little specks of dust-like stars behind her. "whoa." I finally mustered up and the crew all looked at me. "what did I do?" I said, though not caring anyway. they just shrugged and out of the corner of my eye I saw lilac faint, Nico had just in time caught her from hitting her head on the rock behind her. "ah geeze. what do we do now?" said Sara and Terra smiled. "find out what us "guardians" do first I suppose." finishing with a full blown grin. and I sighed. "I always knew we were special!" busted out Skri. that made us all laugh, but then we all sobered up, getting serious again. "but seriously what do we do?" said Nico, still holding lilac staring at us. "easy, we find the twilight dragon and train to our true potential, I mean obviously there is a "road" as Leienserlila had mentioned. so that means we have to go a long feet, and its only smart to train." said Lilac, now getting out of Nico's hands.  I heard her mutter "thank you" to Nico just sat there. Terra spoke first. "We need to see the Celestial Apprentice." she muttered. we all agreed and I was in my mind saying "what on EARTH are we going to do?" but of course. I didn't say that aloud.

Lilac's POV

"Alright who's going to Lilac's carry ?" Terra said. Nico eyes widened. "Other than Nico." Nico sighed. Sarah walked over to me."I'll carry you if you choose me. I'm a water dragon so the worst I can do is drown you." I shivered at that. Drown me? Not good, but she seemed nicer than the others, welcoming, like water. "I'm down" I muttered and she smiled. She then began to change, covering in blue scales until she became a sparkling blue dragon. I sat there. "Well I don't bite, hop on!" The dragon said with a voice that sounded of the ocean. I climed on her back and grabbed hold of one of her spines. "Let's move" She said in a more serious voice. I screamed as we hurtled down, then when we spiraled up into the air. "Stay calm and enjoy!" she said with a musical laugh and I tried. I closed my eyes and spread out my arms, I started to laugh with exhilaration .

"Whoa guys! Check her out!" I heard Nico say. I felt my skin become rough and I fell off of Sarah, I felt a burden being lifted. I opened my eyes to see I was flying. My wings were sparkling purple with gray and black shades mixed in. I had the wings of ones like a dragonfly, except there were only two. I spiraled up in the air, passing clouds till I got to the top where only clouds were beneath me and let out a mighty roar. It sounded like a howl of promise, and it brought tranquil. I could've sworn the son pulsed in time with my roar. This was where I belonged. I really am a dragon. I freefell down and gained a position beside Sarah. The group whooped in chorus, except Nico, he cat whistled. "Hey babe, your almost as hot as me, come and show me what your real powers are." Nico said circling over my head, I saw Sarah drench him, turning him a chocolate brown. "She's a Princess, not a peasant. I don't think so Nico." Terra said, repressing a chuckled and Nico went to fly by Collon.

After a while I became restless. "When are we there?" Sarah frowned. "I don't know. we keep circling. I think this is the Queen's Realm. only a Queen can go back and forth with visitors." Sarah said, in a lost puppy way. I heard Collon,Terra, and Nico curse. Skri flew next to me. "Well then. You are lineage of the Queen, but I know that you can't do this so quickly. Yes, you are advancing quickly, I mean you've already transformed, but we need to train you." Skri said then fell to an oasis on the desert section of the world and transformed. The others followed suite. "I, the air element will teach you speed." Skri declared. Her grey long hair flew in the wind. Nico stood straight. "Don't worry about a thing babe, i'll teach you your powers." I chuckled at that, he winked. Sarah shoved him hard. "I'll teach you tranquility, and the ways to strategize and transform more smoothly." She said. Terra took a stand next to Skri. "I'll teach you persistence and combat." she said in a robotic tone. Collon took his place next to Nico. His eyes drew to mine and just sat there a second. I felt that same feeling before, but it was mellow, like it was being blocked. "I'll teach you to be a queen and to use your lineage and the things to come with it." He said almost silently. I smiled and he smiled for a split second then the smile crumbled into a sneer, like it had a will of its own. "if you can keep up" he said