Because of Lyla | Teen Ink

Because of Lyla

June 15, 2016
By RuLeu, Clive, Iowa
More by this author
RuLeu, Clive, Iowa
0 articles 0 photos 0 comments

How do I get those kids without being noticed? They have something I need, badly. They have to give it to me. Before it’s too late. What should I do to get it? Because if I don’t get it, a price will have to be paid. People will get hurt. People will die. People's blood will be spilled.

Okay, focus. Am I done packing my backpack? Check! Did I do everything I need to do before school? Check! I am ready for my first day of 8th grade, at Westwood Junior High! I’m so pumped for school! New teachers, new friends, new advance classes for me to take, more gym equipment, new everything! I am so excited, I finished breakfast in less than 5 minutes. I also got dressed and everything in less than another 5 minutes. But before heading out, I run upstairs and grab something my sister gave me, before dying. Before she died, we had a big sister-little sister necklace. I had the little sister half of the heart and she had the big sister half. She gave me my half before she died. I grabbed it for good luck for my first day of 8th grade. She was 14 when she committed suicide, and I was only 6. So I grabbed it, and started to head out the door.
“Bye Mom, bye Dad! I’m heading out for the bus!” I hollered excitedly, forgetting my sister’s death.
“Bye! Love you! Have a good first day!”
I ran out the door and ran to the bus stop. I saw two familiar faces waiting for me.
“Hey Lizzie.”
“It’s Elizabeth,” I corrected.
   It was on of my best friends. Jack has been one of my best friends since I was 4. We’re neighbors and we’ve always hung out together. Along with…
   “Hey Lizzie!”
  “It’s Elizabeth,” Jack corrected.
   “No, it’s fine when Izzie uses my nickname,” I confessed.
  “Okay, well you know it’s Isabelle, Elizabeth,” Jack smirked.
“No, it’s fine when Lizzie uses my nickname,” Izzie laughed.
“Wow, how nice. I’m disincluded in the fun,” Jack muttered. “And I don’t get a nickname. I just go by Jack! How nice!”
Izzie has also been my best friend since I was 4. How? Well you see, Jack and Izzie are brother and sister. In fact, they’re twins. They both have dirty blonde hair, they both have blue eyes, and they’re both in 8th grade, like me. But I’m different from them. I have auburn hair, and have caramel eyes. And not to brag, but I’m smarter than them. And more athletic than them.I am not really popular, Izzie and Jack are. So we’re just “neighborhood friends.” Not, “school friends.”
  “What are you doing after school today?” asked Izzie.
“I’m probably going to the gym. Do you want to come?”
“Sure. And let me guess. After you work out, like you do every night, you’re going to take a shower, and then read a book, or 16?”
“Not just read 1 or 16 books, she might read about 30,” chuckled Jack.
“Hey, it’s not my fault. I love to read. Besides, reading exercises and feeds your brain to make you smarter. Like in Divergent, if you love to read and exercise your brain, you’d get into Erudite. But if you like to physically exercise, you’d get into Dauntless. And if-”
“Look! Do you see that strange car?” exclaimed Izzie
“What ‘strange car’?” Jack asked.
“The bright red ferrari with the black outline.” Izzie pointed out.
“That’s not strange Isabelle. It’s SICK! That car looks so fascinating! The owner of that car must be crazy rich! Elizabeth, don’t you see it?” exclaimed Jack.
“Yeah, I see it,” I admit.
“See, Isabelle?” Jack snickered.
“I see the car, Jack.” Izzie replied.
“You asked me if I saw it. Not if it was strange. Izzie pointed it out, so she clearly saw the car. So neither of you are actually wrong,” I corrected. “Sorry Jack, but I do say, I’ve never seen that car around here before. What’s it doing here?” I asked.
“See?” asked Izzie, mimicking Jack.
The bus eventually came. Izzie, Jack, and I were clearly so excited for school, that we arrived at the bus stop 15 minutes before the bus came to pick us up. On the bus I couldn’t stop thinking about the car. It could just be a rich person voyaging around the neighborhoods. It could all just be a coincidence. If it wasn’t a coincidence, what was that car doing? On the bus, I tried to get a glimpse of the driver. But the inside looked like a black hole. I couldn’t see anything. Maybe I shouldn’t worry about it too much. Maybe it’s just one of our neighbors’ relative or relatives that never visit? I mean, everyone has a distant relative that never visits… right? I mean, my uncle from my mom’s side never visits because he lives in New York and we live in San Diego, California. Great. I just told that I should just let this go. But I can’t stop thinking about it. I must go investigate, whether it’s alone or not.

I know! I know how to get it! This will show them! All I need is a piece of paper and a pen. Good thing I know the names of the children's’ parents. Thanks to my friend that’s a hacker… that’s dead. Yes. Today is when I’ll get what I need. Today is when I’ll get my victory, and claim it. Finally!

It’s my last class, already. The day went by quickly. It’s probably just because my classes today have just been meeting my teachers and stuff. I go to advanced literature speech now. I walked into a room with a gray carpet, and pink walls. A young woman in purple with brown, wavy, beautiful hair was standing at the front of the class. We all sat down as the bell rang.
“Hello class. I’m Ms. Mathews and I’m your teacher for advanced speech.”
Ms. Matthews had a very welcoming smile and she was very nice.
“Hello Mr. Parker. How are you today?” asked Ms. Mathews.
“I’m fine Ms. Mathews, but I have a note from the parents of… let’s see here… Elizabeth Johnson. Is she in here?” asked the principal.
“I’m right here!” I said, jumping up from my seat.
“Ms. Johnson, this is for you. It’s a note from your parents.” explained the principal.
“Thank you,” I said.
The note said:
Elizabeth Johnson will be a car rider today. She will meet me at the back of the school, when the final bell rings. -Charles Johnson

So I’m going behind the school when we get out. Great. I was actually hoping to take the bus so I could ride with Jack and Izzie. Why am I being picked up at the back of the school? Maybe it’s just since it’s the first day of school, it will be really busy in the front of the school so I’m meeting my parents at the back.


Finally. This is happening. I must get the others. I must tell them about what I’m doing. I must tell them that I’m going to be victorious today. I need to contact the other two. This is going to be great. I will get what I need. I will get everything. The 3 children against my brothers and I.

I’m walking to the back of the school. I have my backpack and I’m ready to go home for today. But something odd is happening. I see 2 other shadows following me. One reaches out and taps me. I flinch. I haven’t turned around because I feel unsafe walking out here with 2 shadows that have followed me. I stop, and turn around.
“What are you doing here? Why are you following me? Are my parents picking you guys up, too?” I ask.
“No, our parents said that we’d be picked up here,” responded Izzie.
“Yeah. What are you doing here Elizabeth?” asked Jack.
“I got a note from my parents saying I’d be picked up here.”
“We did, too,” responded Izzie.
“But couldn’t just one of our parents just picked us all up? Why would they spend the time, to come up here, when we live by each other, and could easily carpool?” I asked.
“I don’t know-” Jack and Izzie said in unison, falling to the ground.
I was crashing to the ground, too. On the side of my face, I saw a sharp object drop next to me. I felt something wet in my hair. I moved my eyes, unable to move my head, and noticed that my head was swimming in a pool of blood. But it wasn’t just my blood. It was Jack and Izzie’s blood, too.

Yes. I’ve done it. I’ve got the kids. I got my brothers to help me. They let me in now. I have proved that I am skilled enough to be with them. Now, my brothers and I must get it, before we run out of time. No. We won’t run out of time. We won’t run out of time, because I have the kids that have it. I have the kids that have what will save and change everything.
...
I felt a tug on my arms. I was being dragged somewhere. Then, I was picked up, and being carried somewhere. My body is burning and hurts. I’m in so much pain, I want to rip out my throat. There’s just too much burning. I feel like I’m sitting in fire. I don’t know if I’ll make it. I don’t know how long I’ll live. Where am I? I’m being blinded by terror and horrification. Wherever I am, I don’t want to be here. I’m suffering too much. Am I dead? Am I alive? Am I awake? Am I sleeping? Have I passed out? What’s happening? Everything starts to replay, over and over again. I’m talking to Jack and Izzie. Then, something or someone hits us down to the ground with something sharp. I may have been cut, slashed, or stabbed. I’m not sure. Red paint starts to pour out. No, not paint. Blood. The grass gets dyed red. And whatever made contact with me, fell beside me, and I was being dragged somewhere. From that point, I have been unconscious.
Suddenly, I felt a kick in the face. Light started to break through all of the darkness of my dreams. And I was in a dark building, lying beside a dark, shadowy, hooded person.
“Where am I?” I gasped, awake.
“Shut your mouth, Elizabeth. Or would you rather I call you, Lizzie?” Chuckled a man, that sounded about 20 years old.
“How do you know my name?” I demanded.
“That’s none of your business Lizzie,” said another dark voice.
“Well it’s my information, so it’s my business!” I yelled back. “Where are my friends?”
“I told you to shut your mouth!” boomed the younger man.
“Where are my friends?” I cried. “Please. Where are they? TELL ME!
“Yell at us one more time, and I shoot!” roared another man.
“Shoot who? If you won’t tell me where they are they are, they’re obviously not here!” I said, choking on blood.
“Oh really, smart mouth? Do you want to test us out? Go ahead. See if we’re just joking around,” taunted the first man I heard.
I remained silent. What if Izzie and Jack really were here? I remained silent. I remained silent until my temper rose up. I remained silent for as long as I could hold my temper. How long could I hold my temper? Only for about a minute.
“Please! Let me see them. You can do what you want to me. Just don’t hurt them and just let me see them!” I begged.
“Fine,” approved the first man. “Here are your little friends.
A figure got up, and left for about 2 minutes and dragged Jack and Izzie to where I was.
“Jack, Izzie, are you both okay?”
“We’re fine. My head just hurts,” whimpered Izzie.
“Yeah, my head just feels like it’s throbbing,” complained Jack.
“Okay. Your time is up. You know they’re okay.”
A figure picked up my friends, and dragged them away.
“Now, for your punishment,” smirked a man.
“What punishment-”
Before I could finish, a man pulled out a gun and shot me, in the stomach.
“AHHHHHHHHH!” I shrieked.
“We told you to shut up, and you didn’t. I guess you better start listening now.” chuckled a man.
“Who… are… you… people? How… could… you…all... be… so… evil? You… monsters!” I coughed.
I heard 2 other gunshots, being followed by screams of pain, that belonged to Jack and Izzie.
“You know what we need. Now give it to us.”

They all got hurt. They all will die. We will get what we need. We will be victorious. We will get away from the cops. We will not get caught. We will succeed. It’s a simple plan. A plan that just has to be followed. So far, we’re exactly on the right track. Nothing has steered us off… yet.

What was that man talking about? What do I have that he wants? What do Jack, Izzie, and I all, have that they want? Our friendship? What do they want?
“What do I have that you want?” I whimpered.
“You know what it is,” said the 3 men in unison.
“Who are you guys anyway?”
“I’m Justin,” said the youngest one. He was the 1st man I heard.
“I’m Dominic,” said the oldest one. He was the 3rd man I heard.
“And I am Rex,” said the middle aged one of the 3. He was the 2nd man I heard.
“Now, tell me what you want from me. You won’t like the outcome if you don’t” I threatened.
“You’re the injured one. We’re in perfect shape. How are you going to hurt us?” warned Rex.
“You’ll just have to wait and see,” I lied.
“Fine maybe we will,” said Dominic.
“Tell me what you want, now,” I threatened.
“No,” they smirked in unison.
I quickly rolled over to grab the gun, but they grabbed me, before I got it.
“Trying to be sneaky, huh? You’ll just get what you deserve now,” said Justin, walking over to Jack and Izzie.
“Jack! Izzie! No!”
I screamed. Rex pointed a gun at my head.
“I told you that you were the injured one. You aren’t very threatening, Elizabeth,” he sneered.
I started crying. I am trying to help my friends. I’m trying to do everything I can to save them.
“Stop!” yelled Dominic.
“Why?” asked Justin
“Why are we punishing her friends?”
“Because it’s what she gets for trying to grab my gun.”
“Why not hurt her? Why her friends?”
“Good idea.”
“What? No! Please!” I begged.
“You tried to kill us,” convinced Rex.
“Oh, and you haven’t been trying to kill me and my friends?” I sassed.
“Fine, if you don’t want to get hurt… your friends will.”
“No,” commanded Dominic.
“Hurt Elizabeth, she deserves it and you know it.”
“Don’t tell me what to do!” roard Rex.
“Oh, I will. I’m the oldest one!”
Now, Dominic's gun was pointed at Rex. Rex’s gun was pointed at Dominic. Justin’s gun was pointed at me.
“Please, you know that Elizabeth was trying to kill us. Not her friends. Shoot her, not me,” begged Rex.
“Fine. I’ll shoot her.”
“Thank you.”
“Your welcome. But, hey, I’m sorry.”
  “It’s okay.”
“I’m sorry that I allow no mercy!”
There was a loud, echoing, dangerous gunshot. I was alive, but Rex was lying on the ground. He was bleeding. He was dead.
“What should we do now?” asked Justin.
“We kill Elizabeth’s little friends.”
“Fine by me.”
I plugged my ears. Well, I tried to. There was another death. There was another gunshot. I’m sorry. I couldn’t protect my friends. I failed. I’m sorry. I’m so, so sorry. Now, I must say goodbye. I hope you have a good journey to your new home. You’ll make your way to the gates of paradise. But for now on Earth, rest in peace.

Jack is dead. He deserved it. He kept yelling at us. He kept trying to spit on us. He deserved it. He deserved it all. We did that because we knew he didn’t have what we needed. Either Isabelle or Elizabeth has it. It’s Isabelle’s fault she came here with Jack. Jack isn’t important. If he hadn’t have come, he’d be alive. But he just had to follow Isabelle around. They just had to be twins. Now, we need to get it. We need to get it before she gets mad. Otherwise, Dominic and I, will be beheaded. By her.

Why do they do this to us? What did we do to them? I lost one of my best friends all because of these two  murderers.
“You are awful people! What did we do to you? Oh yeah, nothing! On my 1st day of 8th grade, I just randomly get attacked! That’s not normal! I get attacked, and dragged to this crappy room, filled with Jack and Rex’s blood! What did I do to deserve this? What did Izzie do to deserve this? What did Jack do to deserve this? JUST LET US GO!” I blew, filled with anger and hatred. “This is not even… UGHHHHHHH! LET US GO!”
“Can it, Elizabeth. Or that may be the last thing you’ll ever do,” threatened Dominic.
“I will, if you give me answers.”
“Answers to what?”
“Hmmm, lets see? What do you want from Izzie and I?” I begged.
“You have it,” Justin pointed out.
“Have what?”
“You have it and you know you do.
I took everything out of my pockets. The only things that I found in my pockets, was loose change and some cash from lunch today.
“Money? Do you want my money? I only have $3.63. If you want my money, it’s not very much. So I’d say, you’d be wasting your time with $3.63. But, you can have it anyway.”
“ARE YOU DUMB? WE DON’T WANT YOUR STUPID MONEY! YOU NEED TO BE SMARTER! YOU REALLY THINK WE’D WANT $3.63?” roared Dominic.
His thunderous voice shook the ground and I started to cry, scream, and whine for my friends and family to be with me. I got scared. I rolled up in a ball, and started thinking about how much I miss my family. I missed my sister. I want her back. I want her to be here with me. All I want is to go home. I want to be happy, be with my family, and have fun. I don’t want to be tortured here. I want to leave. I want out of this place. Right now, I feel sadness. I feel depression. I feel misery.
“You know what we want, now give it to us,” ordered Justin.
“Why don’t you just give me a clue about what it is?”
“GIVE IT TO US NOW!” boomed Dominic.
“Calm down, Dominic. If she really doesn’t know what it is, we might as well give her a clue,” Justin said, trying to calm Dominic down.
“What is it?”
“It’s half of… of something. I can’t think of what it was. It’s one of those things that you put together by a magnet and when they two parts come together, they spell something,” Justin explained.
“This?”
I felt my neck with my hand and looked for my sister’s half of the necklace. I brought it to school for good luck. I’m lucky I have it, otherwise I’d be dead. But I’m unlucky because Jack died, I’ve been shot, I’m dying, and I’m going to die here, where nobody will find my dead body. I unclipped it, and held my hand out, with both of the necklaces combined. It said, “Big Sis and Little Sis Forever.”
“Yes. That’s what we want,” Dominic said, calmed down.
“Take it. I brought it to school for good luck today. But, It’s just brought me bad luck today.”
“Okay. But there’s still something we need from you,” sighed Justin, snatching the necklace.
“What could you possibly want now?”
“Come with us, we need to show you something.”
“There’s no reason for her to move,” instructed a young, female voice, coming out of the shadows.
“Hello sister. Missed me?”  

She came. She found her little sister. If it was too late, Lyla would have killed us, and then killed herself. She wanted to be reunited with her little sister, at least for a little bit, before she’d have to go again. It’s not too late. Dominic and I will live. Rex, wasn’t so lucky, but Dominic and I made it. Dominic and I will get paid our owed $50,000 dollars, and we will go live a crime free life. Everybody gets what they want.

“Lyla?” I gasped weakly.
“Hi Elizabeth. Are you okay?”
“I don’t no,” I say unsurely. I’m somehow whispering at this point.
“Why? Haven’t you been treated well?”
I look at my bullet wound to my sister, over and over again. I don’t know what to say. I’d completely forgot about it. But now that I’m thinking about it again, I just realized... I’m dying. Now my bullet wound actually hurts. Lyla shouldn’t have brought up my pain.
“Lyla?” I ask weakly.
“Yes?”
“Where have you been? I thought you died.”
“I didn’t actually die. It was all a stunt.”
“Why?”
“Why what?”
“Why did you fake your death? Why did you leave?”
“I wanted a new life. I wanted to start over, without actually dying.”
“You left me. You left me with just mom and dad. They were devastated when they thought you died. Why did you do this?”
“I told you.”
“That’s not a good enough reason.”
“Fine, I’ll tell you what happened. In 8th grade, I was struggling. My friends had turned against me. They were calling me horrible names, and telling me to die.”
“Why would they do that?”
“With my boyfriend, I was trying to be cool, and I was trying to just mess around. So I posted on Facebook, that Angela, my “ex” best friend, had skipped a week of school, just to run away from her life. I posted that she tried to kill herself by running away to Los Angeles, and jumping off the Hollywood sign.”
“No wonder she hated you,” I quietly muttered to myself.
“Like I said, I was just trying to be cool. But when Angela turned against me, my boyfriend turned against me, and started to bully me. So I just wanted a fresh start on life. I regretted everything I did to Angela, and wanted to escape. So I put a note saying I’d commit suicide, hired someone to take a photo with me on the ground, with a syringe in my heart, and told that guy to bring the photo to mom and dad.”
“Lyla?” I weakly sobbed.
“Yes, I know. I’m sorry I left you, but I had no choice-”
“No. Where’s Isabelle?”
“Get her over here!” my sister commanded.
Isabelle was dragged over here. She was barely breathing.
“Isabelle? Isabelle! Izzie!”
“Lizzie,” she softly whimpers. “Before I die, whatever you do, don’t kill yourself.”
“Why would I kill myself?”
“When I die, you’ll think this is your fault.”
“You won’t die Izzie. I won’t let you!”
“Just remember, it’s not your fault.”
“No! Izzie! Don’t do this to me! Stay with me!”
But it was too late. She just gave me a blank, lifeless stare. Why did this have to happen? I was being so selfish, trying to prevent myself from getting hurt by Dominic, Justin, and Rex. I completely forgot about her. Oh my goodness. Oh my. Oh my. Oh my. This was all my fault. This was all on me. Isabelle told me not to blame myself, but I can’t, not blame myself. I was being a horrible friend. I was being horribly selfish. I have only three words for you. Words I’ll hate. Words I’ll despise. These atrocious words are: I killed Isabelle.

As deserved, Elizabeth lost her little friend. She lost both of them. She lost Isabelle and Jack. She deserved it all. But Dominic and I are afraid. We might get killed. Lyla told us not to harm Elizabeth and her friends. And we did. Elizabeth was shot and her friends died. And, Rex was supposed to finish this mission alive. But that didn’t happen. Now, the only ones coming out alive, will be Lyla and ELizabeth.

I hate myself. I want to kill myself. I feel rage. I feel anger. I feel depression.
“Oh my gosh. I want to die,” I realized.
“No, you don’t. I won’t let you end up in the same position I was in,” objected Lyla.
“This was my fault. I let her die,” I tried to convince Lyla.
“No. This wasn’t your fault,” she madly murmured, looking up. “It was Justin and Dominic’s fault.”
“No, it’s mine. I forgot about her, trying to save my own life. I was trying to not get shot, so I forgot that she was bleeding to death this whole time. It was all my fault, for being selfish.”
“Stop, Elizabeth. You know I went through what you’re going through now.”
“You don’t feel everything I feel,” I say with rage starting to build up.
“Elizabeth. Trust me, I’ve been there-”
“SHUT UP!” I screamed.
“Elizabeth?” Lyla asked, in a worried voice.
“DON’T YOU GET IT? I JUST KILLED MY BEST FRIEND!”
I started balling. I was mad at Lyla. Lyla made these two assassins come and get my friends and I. And then Lyla tried to get her necklace, by having the assassins “harmlessly” threaten us. And then Lyla’s hired assassins shot my friends and I. Then, I was trying to save myself from getting shot because of Lyla’s stupid friends. Now, my friends are killed because Lyla’s murderers shot them.
“I am an evil person. I’m selfish, and just downright evil.”
“No, your not Elizabeth.”
“Just go away. Let me die here,” I cough.
“No.”
I gave her a glare, that read yes. Why couldn’t I just, turn back time? I want to go back and change everything. I want to keep Isabelle and Jack alive. I want to stop all of the death. At least it’s not my family that’s dying. Now that I think about it, what time is it? What day is it? How long have I been here? I look over at Lyla and she is just staring at the ground. Dominic and Justin are in the dark, whispering. Isabelle’s body is just lying next to mine. And Jack’s body is, somewhere in here. I go from my sitting position, to a laying down position. My head is leaning against the wall. My head is the only thing sitting up straight, compared to my body. I’m suddenly feeling weak. Pain spreads through my body like never before. I’m really sad and mad at the same time. I look over at Lyla again, but she’s in a different position. Dominic and Justin are standing against the wall and she has a knife to their throats. Lyla decapitates both of them. I jolted back, because of all the terror from today. I’ve been through enough. When I jolt back, my head bangs against the wall that my head was resting on. I feel a burning sensation in my head. Then, everything was getting blurry. I kept blinking and blinking over and over again to clear the blurriness. But it wouldn’t fade away. It just got worse and worse. As the blurriness was spreading, light started to break through everything. Everything was cloudy and bright. And then, the blurriness stopped. The only thing I saw, was the white light.

I woke up in a white room. There were people in white, standing over me. I heard worried voices.
“Is she okay?” worried a familiar voice.
“She’s fine,” declared a woman.
“Thank goodness!” cried a familiar man.
“I don’t know how this happened,” said another woman.
“This was a miracle. You’re daughter, survived a bullet in the stomach and a concussion,” said a man.
I sat up. I looked around. It was my parents, 1 doctor, and 4 different nurses. They were talking about some kind of, miracle. And it was me, being alive.
“Elizabeth! You’re okay!” cried my mom, hugging me.
“Elizabeth! It’s so good to see you!” My dad exclaimed, also hugging me.
“Where’s Lyla?” I asked, looking around for her.
“Lyla died, when you were young. Remember?” explained my dad.
“No, she was alive, I swear!”
“Sweetie, you’re in shock! You were shot, and you had a concussion. You might have just been remembering things from the past,” explained my mom.
“No, seriously! She’s alive! I saw her! She was with me the whole time!”
“Honey, you need some rest,” my dad told me.
“But-”
“Elizabeth,” warned my mom.
“All right.”
I saw Lyla! I’m pretty sure I did! She killed Dominic and Justin! And she was explaining to me why she left! I know she was with me! I know it! Then how did I get here? Huh? Who brought me here? Exactly! It was Lyla! Who else would it have been? Or, am I really just remembering things from the past? I mean, maybe Lyla did die. Maybe, I missed her so much from being captured, that I was imagining her. Maybe Dominic and Justin beheaded themselves. Maybe the cops finally found me, and brought me here. Maybe Lyla, being with me, was just my imagination. Maybe it was all just fake. Am I going crazy? I’m not sure. I can’t remember. If only I didn’t have this concussion, then I may be right. People would believe me. But since I had a concussion, investigators can’t tell right from wrong, since my memory is messed up. Questions and questions are spinning around in my head. Was Lyla really with me? Was she just imaginary? What happened? I’m confused. All of my memories are lost, deep inside my brain. It’s as if they are just sitting in front of me, but I can’t reach them. Is Izzie still alive? Is Jack still alive? Is Dominic still alive? Is Rex still alive? Is Justin still alive? Is Lyla still alive? Is Lyla dead? Has Lyla been dead this whole time? What happened while I was knocked out?
“Who found me?” I asked a nurse.
“A young woman, who was walking her dog. She came across the building you were in and heard a scream. She contacted the police right away,” interpreted one of the nurses.
“Just a woman, walking her dog? What was her name?”
“Her name was, Delilah Josephine.”
“Oh, okay.”
“Why?”
“I just wanted to know the person that basically saved my life. I owe her one.” I lied, knowing that Lyla knew I was thankful.
“Well, she knows you're thankful.”
That’s a good thing. I was so filled with depression, madness, and sadness, that I didn’t realize, that deep inside, Lyla still loved me, and cared for me. She is sorry she had to escape her life. She told me herself. She was right, she went through everything I experience now. And so my depression, was turned into vitality. My madness was turned into calmness. My sadness was turned into happiness. I know that the person who called for help wasn’t walking her dog. She was in the building with me. I know my life wasn’t saved because of “Delilah Josephine.” My life was saved because of Lyla.

The End!



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.