The Best/Worst Day of my Life | Teen Ink

The Best/Worst Day of my Life

May 11, 2016
By melissa.org BRONZE, Highland, Utah
More by this author
melissa.org BRONZE, Highland, Utah
2 articles 0 photos 1 comment

The author's comments:

This is a very important story that I wrote so people could relate to it. We all have that one sister that's annoying, right? :)

“Some people are worth dying for!” I said to my sister. She knew it was coming, but so did I. I finally just let the guy kill me. “No!” I heard my sister cry out. But it was too late. I was dead now, and I didn’t know if I was ever coming back.
Finally my sister rage quit. She threw her Xbox controller on the ground and stormed out of the room. “Samantha, wait!” I cried out, before I tripped over a pillow. “We were going to win! We were so close.” She said the last part as a whisper.
I saw a tear fall down her cheek. “Woah, calm down! We can try again later, after you calm down.” I told her, in a soothing voice.
“Caroline! You don’t understand. We were one point away from winning. We lost it all.” At this point tears were streaming down her cheeks. I’m not going to lie, but I don’t think this happens to most 16 year olds.
“Girls? What on earth is going on?” Then my mom saw Samantha’s face. “Why are you crying sweetie?” she asked, using a softer tone. Samantha sobbed before she said,”Caroline died in Call of Duty making us lose!” More tears made their way down her face. It happened so fast, I almost didn’t see it. Samantha punched me right in the nose.
“Agh!” I cried out. She punched me again, before I fell to the ground.
“Samantha, stop punching your sister. You are grounded!” My mom exclaimed. “Caroline, sweety, are you okay?” My sweet mother asked. I showed her my face. “Oh you have a bloody nose, but I think you’ll be okay.”
“Samantha, what the heck is wrong with you? I cannot believe you would punch me over a stupid video game!” I cried out. My nose hurt really bad.
“Caroline, I am so sorry for what I did. I hope I didn’t break your nose. We probably shouldn’t play this game anymore, huh?” She let out a small chuckle.
I rolled my eyes at her. “This isn’t funny! This could seriously affect my Lacrosse playing.”
She gasped. “I totally forgot about that! Aren’t college people going to be at your game tomorrow?”
“Yes! And if I get a broken nose I won’t be able to play.” I let that sink in for a while. Suddenly, I was furious. “This is all your fault!” I screamed at her.
“Caroline, perhaps you should rest. I’ll get some tissues for your nose.” My mom interrupted. I forgot that she was in the room. I just nodded and walked off to my room. I made sure to give Samantha one last glare before I walked out.
I finally arrived to my room a minute before my mom walked in. She had a box full of tissues. I yanked one from the box, and realized I pulled too hard. The tissue ripped. 
“Ugh.” I grabbed another one, softer this time. “Mom, I’m really tired. I think I’m going to go to sleep now.” I didn’t even wait for a reply. As soon as my head hit my pillow I was out.

I woke up the next morning to the sound of my alarm clock. How long was I asleep? It doesn’t matter. I was feeling completely ready for my lacrosse game. I got ready for school and went to go eat breakfast.
“Caroline! You’re awake. I made you breakfast.” There was my younger sister, handing me a plate of pancakes with bacon and eggs.
“Oh Samantha. You didn’t have to do this. But, thanks so much!” I immediately dug into my food. It was so amazing.
“Thanks for the food! I better get to school now. Do you need a ride?” I asked, before I saw her nod a reply. Samantha is a sophomore, and I’m a senior, so we go to the same school.
I grabbed my keys and backpack and walked out the front door, Samantha following right behind me.
“Caroline! Are you ready for the big game today?” My best friend Ella said.
“Yeah I am! Did you know that Samantha almost broke my nose yesterday? It still hurts really a little.” I told her.
“That would’ve been bad. You probably wouldn’t be able to play, and then we’d lose for sure.” She said and pulled me into a hug.
Then the bell rang. “I got to get to class,” I told her. “But I’ll see you after!” She smiled at me and walked to her next class. Ella is a great person, and I am so glad she is my best friend.

I did it! I made it through a whole day of school. Now, it’s lacrosse time. Ella found me.
“Hey, I didn’t get to ask you how your sister almost broke your nose.” She mentioned.
“Oh, she just punched me.” I said, like it was no big deal.
“Just punched you? Why would she punch you?” I wanted to laugh over the reason. It was ridiculous.
“I died in Call of Duty.” I said before I burst out laughing. She joined along with me. “That, my friend, is the stupidest reason I have ever heard of.” She was laughing so hard she was almost crying.
“We should go practice Lacrosse now.” I said before walking off.

Now it’s time for the big game. I noticed the college sponsors watching us. I had to do good. I got the ball and ran down to score a goal. I did! I loved this sport.
Finally the game was over. We won! I think I did really good. I watched the college sponsors talk to my coach, hand them a paper, and walk off.
“Caroline Mcneil, can I talk to you for a minute?” This was it. I was going to get a college scholarship!
“The college sponsors thought that you did really good. They wanted me to give you this.” She handed me an envelope.
I ripped it open and read the news on the page. I was accepted to my dream college. This was the happiest day of my life.



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.