Prank Week | Teen Ink

Prank Week

By lolwhynatalie BRONZE, Glen Burnie, Maryland
lolwhynatalie BRONZE, Glen Burnie, Maryland

"Well I'm a waste like you, with nothing else to do, may I waste your time too?"

-"Sassafras Roots", Green Day

Author's note:

My best friend Zoe was planning on writing a short story, we then decided to collaborate on it.

Saturday August 31, 9:00 pm

Dear Journal,

We have a good group this year in Rho Kappa Rho. Rush Week went great! We have a total of 25 girls this year in our sorority, but we split up into our little groups for Prank Week again. In my group we have Amy (of course), Nat, Chloe, and Brianna. We also have newbies Emma, Hannah, and Alyssa. Amy is our vice student head, with me as student head, here in PKP and second in command at the cheerleading meets. Second only to me! Her cocoa brown skin looks fantastic with our goldenrod cheerleading uniforms! She wants to be a French translator and is my absolute best friend.

Nat still has her Boston pride but we have become her second family here in Venice, California. When she moved in, her wardrobe was filled with stripes as always. And she insisted on having french fries with dinner! After dinner she played us a song she is working on for class. She wants to be a singer/songwriter.

Chloe and newbie Emma moved in at the same time because Emma is Chloe's sister, younger by one year. Even though Emma is only a year younger than Chloe, she is pretty different. They are from Roswell, New Mexico and are kind of into the whole hippie look. Emma more than Chloe. When they moved in Chloe was wearing one of her ever existing floral dresses and one of her MANY fedoras. I'll have to try and see if I can get her to lend me some of her ballet flats or boots. Also some of her colorful leggings! They are sooo cute! Chloe is captain of the tennis team and the debate team. She's a real bookworm and wants to be a second-grade teacher. Emma on the other hand is a completely different story. She's into the whole 70s hippie look and her hands are always covered in paint. She adores animals and is majoring in environmental protection. She doesn't talk much but Chloe says she has anger issues and she is the only one who can calm Emma down when she goes into one of her "red whirlwinds."  Emma is also president of the green club.

Next up is Brianna in all her Latina, polka dotted glory! She still wants to be a vet and is captain of the gymnastics team. Bri is a real daredevil and wanted to start the school year off by all of us jumping off the roof! We didn't want to but she did it anyways. The newbies we got besides Emma were Hannah and Alyssa. Hannah is as she says "scene" which means she is into those bands like Sleeping With Sirens and Black Veil Brides. You know, sort of heavy metal-ish but also kinda rock-ish with a little emo thrown in. Hannah is from Hilo, Hawaii and has dyed her long, wavy brown hair with streaks of blonde and purple. This is her second year here at California Coastal College but her first at Rho Kappa Rho. She is the Editor-in-Chief of the newspaper club and wants to be a journalist.

Alyssa is from Sacramento and is really into anime. She wants to be a nurse and currently has a work study in the campus nurses' office. And me, well, I' the same British head cheerleader that was at Rho Kappa Rho last year! I got a new skirt over the summer. Hello number 15! Haha! Well, I should go to bed. It's getting late. We are going to find out what team we are matched up against for Prank Week this year in the morning at the meeting. Ta ta!

Claire :)

As I close my journal for the night I heard Auntie Linda, our sorority advisor call out, "Lights out everyone!"

Right before the house went pitch black, 25 voices in unison said, "Good night!"

I am soooo anxious! I can't wait to see who we get matched up against. Hopefully, one of the other sorority groups. It is so much more fun to go up against a sorority group. Hopefully we aren't matched up against some doofs from Omega Mu Theta. They are such IDIOTS!!!! I have to try to get some sleep. Sleeeep. Sleeeeeep. Sleeeeeep. Sleeeeeeeeeeeep. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Saturday August 31st, 9:30 pm

When we finished dinner, I decided to write my parents an email.

Dear Mom and Dad,

Rush Week is finally over! We now have 25 members here at Omega Mu Theta, but we made our small groups for Prank Week. You wanted me to tell you about my group this year so here you go. We have Raymond (again), Zach, Kevin, Chris, and new guys Chase, Jacob, and Michael. Raymond is same as always, the L.A. surfer jock/lifeguard we know and are annoyed by. Jk. He learned French over the summer and is the wide receiver for the football team. Zach and I talked all evening. He's the quarterback on the football team and loves to cook. Zach is has "flippy" hair and found out this summer that he's 1/4 Greek. Isn't that funny? He's Greek and he's part of a Greek fraternity. And he was so inspired he learned Greek!

And then there's Kevin. He's captain of the soccer team and is on the debate team. He always talking about Chloe, captain of the debate team. She is in Rho Kappa Rho. Sometimes it seems like he likes her, and sometimes it seems he's just jealous. He certainly talks about her enough. The girls that aren't in a sorority always talk about how romantic he is, just because he's Latino and speaks fluent Spanish. It's so annoying! Besides, he can't date Chloe anyways. It's in the unwritten laws of the Greek Council. As they say, frat boys and soro girls NEVER mix or date. Except during the yearly parties. There are some pretty cute soro girls though.

Chris spent most of the evening reading his fantasy books as usual, but once again he made us have french fries with dinner. He's captain of the JV baseball team and learned to play the drums over the summer. His sisters came over to say hi around 7, Molly, Melanie, and Mia. Mia is Chris's twin and Molly and Melanie are twins two years older than Chris and Mia. They are all in Rho Kappa Rho. They started talking about how they made him do their hair and makeup for the dances that summer. They said he was really good. He was so embarrassed he turned so red he looked like a tomato! I just remembered something. I never told you Zach's or Kevin's majors like you wanted. Zach wants to be a chef and Kevin is studying psychology. Chris wants to be a writer. Now for the new guys.

Chase is new to us us but he went to CCC last year. The girls are all over him. He is scene and has Justin Bieber "flippy" hair. Chase is British and president of the photography club. He wants to be a photographer but I'm pretty sure I saw him on the cover of a magazine in the school bookstore. Anyways, there's also Jacob and Michael. They're both cheerleader lifters. It'd be awesome to do that if you know what I mean. (Dad?) Michael is African American and a total math whiz. He's also into anime and wants to be a math professor.

Jacob on the other hand is a science genius. He's Asian, plays guitar, and is majoring in environmental preservation. So that's everyone, we wanted a good variety of guys. How are things back in Seattle? I'm still practicing the cello and may or may not join the golf team. I mean I'm good but I haven't practiced in a while. The mini golf place I worked at this summer was not the ideal place to practice. Tell everyone I say hi.

Love to all of you,

Josh

"Time to hit the hay guys!" our fraternity advisor, Roy said.

"One minute," I yelled as I hit the send button. I then got up and turned off the light. Everything went dark as we laid in our beds dreaming about the upcoming Prank Week.

I hope we get matched with another fraternity team. It would be hilarious if we got matched to a sorority team. Girls are such sissies when it comes to pranks. I wonder if any of the guys are wondering who we will get matched with too......

Sunday September 1, 9:00 am

"Girls! I want to see 25 bright and shiny faces down in this kitchen in the next two minutes. Prank Week meeting is at 9:30. Let's move it," Auntie Linda yelled. Suddenly, all the lights went on at once. A minute and a half later, all 25 of us came barrelling down the stairs in our pajama pants and campus tees. Aunt Linda had a massive tray of food to go around. This was just Sunday breakfast at the house of PKP (Rho Kappa Rho). Aromas of sausage, bacon, and chocolate chip pancakes looped into the bedrooms, and back down the stairs.

"I don't know about you, but I could eat half a cow!" beamed Brianna, as she pushed her way to the table. This is anything but unusual for Bri, who once ate more hot wings than all the guys at Dorm 534 put together! We sat around the table, too anxious to eat much, being Prank Week 2nd placers 3 years in a row! Or, at least some of us. I'm a senior, as most girls in PKP are. Nat , Chloe and Bri are all juniors. Emma, Hannah (the only sophomore), and Alyssa are fairly new, but they're still soro sisters to us!

We need to win first this year! Claire and I have been trying 3 long years and I'm determined to win this year! If we can't win first prize, then none of those lousy frat boys should be able to either! This is going to be the Prank Week ever! We HAVE to get 1st place this year! This is may be my last year at CCC and after being 2nd placers the past three years, I just have to get it. I will not leave CCC without the pride of winning Prank Week. Everyone knows that whoever gets first place goes down in CCC history! And we can't let those Omega jerks to break the record of 1st place winners in Prank Week. They are just........ ugh!!!

I'm too stressed to think much more, we need to get to the meeting early anyhow. (As I scoop a heaping mouthful of grape jelly onto cinnamon raisin toast and down it in two bites!) What? I'm gonna need all the energy I can get if I'm gonna make it through the meeting...

Sunday September 1st, 9:25 am

I admit it girls. I am the hottest guy on campus. Yeah, I'm free Thursday. Oh you wanna go out? I'm sure I can fit you into my tight schedule somewhere.

This is what I imagine myself doing during the whole prank week meeting. Josh and I know how to win a girl. Besides, we've got this whole prank thing in the bag. We won 1st 3 years in a row, we can win again this year for sure. Especially since my dad's good friend is the fraternity advisor. Score! Plus, I'm a genius at pranking, as all Abercrombie men are. Those other fraternities/sororities have got their work cut out for them. Anyways, they all say that Kevin is the hottest. And by they I mean every single girl on campus. But really, it's me.

"Hey Ray! You coming or what? We are gonna be late for the meeting. Team Diversity is going for the win and we can't win unless we get to the meeting," yelled Zach.

"I'm coming! Let me finish my hair, I can't find my hair gel!" I yelled back down the stairs. When I finished my hair, I ran downstairs and grabbed a muffin so I could meet the guys outside.

"So who do you think we'll be matched up against this year, Ray?" asked Chase, the scene.

"I don't know. Depends on how they match us up this year. Last year, they matched us up as to how we did last year. The year before it was completely random." I replied.

"We better be matched up with a sorority team!" Josh said.

"Hey Chris! There's your sisters and their team! What's their team name?" asked Zach.

"They are on Team Polka Dot. It's so lame!" replied Chris, "I wonder where our seats are."

We started walking up the bleachers at the football stadium. Team Polka Dot, Team Rainbow, Team Monster Trucks?, Team Surfer Dudes, Team Diversify, Team Tinsel. There it is! Team Diversity.

"There it is. Team Diversity. We are gonna rule this year! If we win this year we will break the record for most wins in a row." I said.

"Hey, the meeting's starting!" yelled Josh as everyone starts filing in.

"WELCOME EVERYONE TO THE TWENTY FIFTH ANNUAL PRANK WEEK!" yelled the Greek Society Leader into his megaphone. The meeting had started.

Sunday September 1, 9:30 am

"We are gonna be awesome this year!" whispered Chloe, "Don't you guys think so?"

"This is going to be the best year ever," Bri whispered back. The meeting had just started and we were sitting in the row labeled Team Diversify.

We were waiting for them to announce how they were going to match up the teams when Emma said, "Hey, you know the guys a few rows above us look pretty cute. What's their team name? Team Divertify or something?"

Chloe replied, "It's Team Diversity I think. And they are part of Omega Mu Theta. Well, they are part of a fraternity anyways so they you're not allowed to like them. I told you about it last weekend."

"The unwritten laws?" I asked.

"Oh yeah....." Emma said sounding and looking a little depressed.

"Now, who's excited?!" the Greek Society Leader asked everyone. He was responded to from everyone by a chorus of screaming, whistling, cheering, clapping, and stomping.

"I can't hear you!!" he said. An even louder sound emanated from the stadium, shaking the bleachers. "Okay, so you all should know the rules but I'll go over them.

"Number one, no pranks can be harmful. If your prank injures someone in any way, you will be punsihed. They type of injury is paired to the punishment. Punishments can range from a dentention all the way to being expelled. Number two, you must fix or clean up anything that occurs during Prank Week. Number three, nothing can cause any permanent damage. Number four, work together. Even though this is a competition, we would like to encourage you to work as a team to complete the pranks. One of the categories you are ranked on is how well you work as a team. Your advisors will be some of the judges. You will be judged in 3 categories. Teamwork, originality, and success level. So make sure you work together and think out your pranks. We encourage creativty but be careful!

"And now for the moment you have all been waiting for!" yelled the Greek Society Leader. "The way we will match up the teams is............ alphabetically. For example, if there is a Team Alpha, a Team Monorail, a Team Polka Dot, and a Team Bubbles, then it would be Alpha with Bubbles and then Monorail with Polka Dot." The murmurs started and I started worrying. WE WERE GOING TO BE MATCHED WITH A FRATERNITY TEAM!!! This could not get worse. The boys go sooo hard. Last year we were matched with a fraternity team and it ended with Chloe having a panic attack! I looked over at Chloe and she was sitting there, stone-faced.

"Chloe? Are you going to be okay?" I asked cautiously.

"Yeah. I'll be fine." Chloe replied rigidly.

"Chloe are you okay?" Emma asked quietly. Chloe looked over at Emma and her expression softened.

"Yeah. We'll do this together. Nothing those idiots can do will affect me this time....... hopefully." Chloe replied slowly.

"The matches are as followed. Team Apple Pie and Team Blue Birds. Team Crazy and Team Cool Girls. Team Diversify and Team Diversity...." the leader said. After he said our team match-up I stoped listening. We all looked at each other. Everyone except Claire and Amy had a somewhat worried look on their face. Claire and Amy just looked mad.

Claire stood up and said, "No matter who we are matched up against, we are going to win!" We all turned around and looked at the team we were up against and took on the same expression Claire and Amy wore. The guys we were up against wore smug expressions and whispered among themselves. We will not be defeated by a couple of stupid, idiotic boys. Not this year.

I heard one of the guys whisper, I think his name is Kevin, "This is going to be a piece of cake! We're up against a bunch of wimpy girls."

After I heard this, I've heard enough. I got up and pulled Bri with me and we marched down the bleachers.

"What? Nat? Where are we going?" she asked. She tried to wriggle free but I just tightened my grip. She was one of the only ones who can get me through this. The other one was Chloe and I would have grabbed her too, but I couldn't do that to her. Emma needed her, Emma looked like she was about to explode! I can't stand this! They are going to get it this year. We are going to win this year. I know it. Let the games begin.......

Sunday September 1, 10:00 am

That was awesome! We have been matched up against the like easiest team ever. A bunch of girls! They looked so ticked off! This is going to awesome. It'll be like taking candy from a baby. And after that one girl walked off dragging her other friend behind her. That was hilarious! Her friend was like ahhh! being dragged along like a rag doll.

We all burst out laughing when a few other girls ran off to get them. There is one person though who wasn't laughing. Which was odd. The only guy who wasn't laughing was Jacob. He looked worried for some reason. I didn't bother to ask because at that point the meeting was over and everyone started out of the bleachers. After most of the kids got back to their houses, we started down, plotting our pranks.

"Hey! How about we put saran wrap over their front door!" Kevin suggested.

"Or how about we tie Alyssa to a tree?" asked Chase. "That's the one with the wavy brown hair right? And into anime, right Chris?"

"Yeah, that's her. Mia told me all about them. I got some inside info. Want me to just tell you everything I know to save some time?" I asked with a smirk.

"Yeah," everyone said.

"Well let's see. There's Claire, Amy, Emma, Chloe, Nat, Bri, Hannah, and Alyssa. That's the order they were sitting in. Claire is like the 'pack leader' and is the one who stood up when they said our team match up. Amy was the one next to her and they're both on the cheerleading team. Nat a singer/songwriter and she's really serious about her 'Boston pride.'

"Chloe is Emma's big sister. Emma has anger issues so we might not want to try much on her and Chloe is supposedly the only one who can calm her down. On the bright side Chloe is really easily scared. Bri is a daredevil and does gymnastics. Hannah is the one who has the streaks in her hair and is really serious about her scene-ness."

"Really?" asked Chase, his eyes wide with anxiousness.

"Yeah...." I replied.

"There aren't many scene girls on campus..... I wonder how she is......" Chase said longingly.

"As I was saying before. And Alyssa is into anime and is training to be a nurse. That's all I know but I'm sure I can get Mia, Molly, and Melanie to dig up some more dirt. Well.... as long as I do something for them, but we'll cross that bridge when we get to it." I said completing my intel report.

"Well I think we have a good amount of background info. How about..... tying Alyssa to a tree like Chase suggested and maybe scaring Chloe..." Ray said.

"We could spray Amy with smoothie!" Zach suggested excitedly.

"And we could steal Nat's guitar!" Kevin said. The entire way back to the house we were a pool of ideas, both good and bad. I could hear them in my mind, but I wasn't paying much attention.

"Pelt them with water balloons!"

"Spray them with silly string!"

"Steal all the volley balls!"

This is going to be awesome........................

I'm in the mood for some french fries.........................

Sunday, September 1, 11:30 am

I am almost mad. Almost. I say this because I don't get mad. I'm the calm one in Rho Kappa Rho. If I can calm Emma down after 5 teeth being pulled, I can be calm towards any situation. Except for this. Team Diversity, really? And they get all the hot, cool guys. And don't be fooled by their playing dumb jocks scheme. It is so not true. They're just as smart and strategic as us. In fact, I'd bet all my fedoras and a months rent that they're coming up with pranks at this very moment. Ok, that's a little risky actually. Maybe the rent, but NOT the fedoras!

When Nat stormed off with Bri, we all ran after her. She was so steamed! We ran after them but Nat didn't stop until she was back at the house. When we finally caught up with them, I was able to calm her down. Of everyone, I am the calmest but I still was not very happy.

"How can a guy with such great hair be on a fraternity team?" questioned Hannah. We all knew she was talking about Chase. She is strong, but a killer for Chase's playful gothic aura.

"Not that doof again," I yelled across the hall, but I was no match, for she was already in her dazed pathetic fangirl trance.

"Oh Hannah......" Nat said.

"I don't know Nat. That one guy, what's his name? Jacob? He's kind of cute," Emma replied cautiously.

"Emma, you know better. You too Hannah," I put in. Just then, Claire walked in and said we were going to have a meeting to discuss our pranks. We all stopped talking and went down into one of the empty rooms downstairs.

"Okay girls, we need intel." Claire said, Amy nodding her head in agreement.

"Look, what's so great about Prank Week anyways?" declared Alyssa.

Amy stood up and practically yelled at us, "Prank Week is like your initiation in the Greek Life! The Prank Week trophy is like the Holy Grail of Greek Life. We have to get that trophy. If you haven't won some placing in the competition, you are nothing!" We were all too stunned to talk and just stared at her and Claire with blank expressions, our mouths gaping.

"Amy, calm down. You don't have to yell at them. I got this." Claire said calmly to Amy.

"Sorry," Amy responded sitting back down with a deflated expression.

"Okay girls. We need to get some intel on the guys we are up against."

"I think I can help you," Nat said sheepishly. "As much as I hate to admit it, my older brother Derrick goes to CCC and is in Omega Mu Theta. We're really close, I'm sure he can spill some secrets, to me anyways. We've been best buds since I was born." Everyone was anxious.

"Chloe?" Claire asked. I looked up bashfully and bit my lip, then sighed and said, "Okay, okay. I'll tell you everything I know. Sheesh, you like to spy on people and you suddenly become the intel genius." Everyone just stared at me, their eyebrows raised.

I groaned and then continued, "I don't know if you were looking at the way they were sitting, but I was. It was Raymond, Josh, Michael, Chase, Jacob, Zach, Kevin, and Chris. That's looking up at them.

"Raymond is the leader of the group and is a real surfer dude. He also knows French, is wide receiver on the football team, and is really rude. Josh plays the cello, likes golf, and all the non-soro girls say he's really sweet. Michael is into anime and is a math genius. He and Jacob are lifters on the cheerleading team with Amy and Claire. Chase is president of the photography club and is scene-"

"Really?!" asked Hannah, "There aren't many scene guys on campus, non-frat or frat....."

"Anyways," I continued, "Zach is the quarterback and speaks Greek and loves to cook. His fruit tarts are AMAZING! Sorry, off topic. We're in the same pastry class. Kevin is captain of the soccer team and he's on the debate team with me. He's always trying to out do me. Ugh! He also speaks Italian and all the non-soro girls say he's really romantic," I said with a smile.

"Chris plays the drums and is captain of the lacrosse team. He also loves french fires and fantasy books. Chris wants to be a writer and Mia, Melanie, and Molly are his sisters. We should be able to get even more dirt from them later if we need it. I can also get some more listening to their conversations at lunch. It will be harder now though, since they'll be on guard." I said. Everyone stared at me after I said that last part.

"What?" I said, "I have wandering eyes and big ears. Not literally but you know what I mean. I'm just naturally curious....."

"Well, I think we have enough for now," Claire said.

"How about we hang Josh's bike from a tree?" Nat suggested, stifling a smile.

"Or I could sneak into their house, steal their boxers, and we could run them up the flag pole!" Brianna said, smiling as well.

"I know! We could climb up into a tree, lure Josh under, and pour a smoothie on him. A guy that good looking has to love his hair," Amy said laughing. We all started spitting out ideas, laughing so hard our sides hurt. At least mine did! I couldn't wait for tomorrow. This is going to be the best year ever!!

Monday September 2, 9:00 am

I am sooo lost. It's frustrating to go up against a bunch of girls who are pretty hot. I mean, I don't like this. A bunch of girls who could be my future girlfriend are about to be my arch rivals. All my dreams of having a hot soro girlfriend are crushed. Especially Chloe, I admit it, she's hot! And she's really good at debate. There aren't many girls in debate but she's so good, she's the president! I don't dare tell the guys though, they still think girls have cooties. Me? I'm a romance junkie. I love a good romcom and even chick flicks. it's a dark secret that I dare not share. I'm the only guy with a 'journal.' It just doesn't feel right, playing pranks on little girls. If they prove that they are worthy opponents, maybe I'll change my mind....

"Hey Kev! You comin'? We're gonna be late for history," Jacob yelled up the stairs. We have history with Emma, Hannah, and Chloe.

"I'm coming!" I yelled back down the stairs, while packing my bag. I pounded down the stairs just in time to grab a bagel and run out the door, Jacob was waiting for me at the gate.

"We have 5 minutes to get to class. Let's go," he said as we took off running.

"Let's I.M. the other guys during class so we can discuss the pranks we have planned," I said breathlessly, trying to keep running. We finally reached the history building and plopped into our seats, just as the bell rang and the professor walked in.

"Good morning class." Professor Barker said to the class.

"Good morning Professor Barker," we all said back. Once he started the lecture, I flipped on the tape recorder I brought, turned the sound off my laptop, and opened up the I.M. program. We spent the entire class planning our pranks. An hour later when class was over, we all met in the Quad, the ultimate hangout place.

"So. I found out from Mia that every day at 5 pm, Alyssa takes a nap under the big tree in Campus Central. That's when we can tie her to it," Chris said.

"Great. And I thought of an awesome idea. So tomorrow's when the debate team is meeting for practice. Right Kev?" Raymond replied.

"Yeah. In the Psycology Building. Room 146," I said back.

"Perfect. That's when we can scare Chloe. I thought we could get her in a room alone. Remove one of the closet doors and cover it with construction paper. Then, when she's in there, we can jump out and scare her! It's gonna be great!" Raymond said happily. Maybe this isn't such a good idea......

We sat there and talked for about an hour when I heard something from the bushes. I thought it was just a squirrel or something, and turned back to the group.

"I think I saw something move over there," I said to the group.

"There's nothing there. You're just being paranoid. Relax dude," Zach said, chuckling.

"I guess you're right," I said in reply. But, he was so wrong.

Next thing I knew, there was a chorus of screaming and everything was wet. I tried to see what was going on but everyone started running around. When I could finally see what happened, I seaw Hannah laughing, in a bikini, squirt gun in hand. I looked around some more and saw that all the other girls on the team had squirt guns and were laughing too. It was embarrassing. We were soaking wet and Ray was running around complaining that his hair was ruined.

"Oh, it is SO on," Josh said with a scowl, staring at the girls. Who were now running back to their house, laughing.

"Yeah," the other guys and I responded. It is on. They've proven themselves to be worthy opponents. They are going to pay for that. Oh yes they are. I could feel a scowl forming on my face, my eyes narrowing, staring off into the direction the girls ran.

Monday September 2, 11:30 am

All I could hear is the pounding of my heart. I was struggling so hard to keep running. Adrenaline is coursing through me, my breaths strained. Finally! I could see the house. We rushed through the gates and through the front door, collapsing onto the couches in the living room.

"That was awesome!" I said. We are all in our bikinis and carrying waterguns. The prank we just pulled on the guys was awesome!

"I know right?" Chloe replied to me with a smile.

"I had no idea that was so fun!" I shouted breathlessly. I was still trying to catch my breath from running half way across campus, just in case the guys started chasing us. I don't think they did though. I feel bad for doing that to them......

My thoughts were interrupted by pounding on the door. We all gasped and immediately sat up. We all had wide eyes and didn't dare to breathe. We were responded to with more pounding on the door.

Amy finally got up and said, "Everyone stay here. I'll deal with them."

We all held our breath while she quietly got up and walked to the door. We heard her open the door and were all anxious to see who it was. We ran to the window to see if it was the guys. We all relaxed when we look out and see it is just Auntie Linda. She had forgotten her key, again. Being 28, she loses things a lot.

When Amy came back she explained to us who it was. We didnt let her finish though, because we already knew what happened. The same thing that happens at least once a week.

"So.... was that awesome or what?" Claire asked anxiously, standing up into the middle of the group.

"Uh, yeah!" everyone yelled back at her, smiling. We suddenly all broke out laughing!

I can't tell them now, I can't do this to them now. I can't do this to HIM! They cannot know I'm dating him.......

"Ahhh!" Chloe screamed as she jumped on top of me. I screamed in response, trying to get out of the way but she pinned me down. We started wrestling on the couch and all I could hear was the two of us laughing. We roll off the couch and scream. I was suddenly laying on the ground next the Chloe, the wind knocked out of me, laughing my lungs out! Everyone started laughing at us and pried us apart, helping us to stand up.

"Okay you two, cut it out," Nat said laughing.

"Sorry Emma. You looked like you were like, in a trance. I thought you like were having a seizure or something," Chloe said, still trying to catch her breath, not sounding serious at all.

"Seriously Chloe?" I asked her, my eyebrow slowly rising.

"No. I just wanted to scare you," she explained laughing again.

"Oh Chloe," Bri said sighing, giving her a hug from behind.

When we finally calmed down, we all went upstairs to change. I had to change quickly if I was going to grab something to eat and get across campus to go to biology at half past noon.

I made it into the classroom, Chloe and Bri trailing behind me, just as the bell rang. We were doing frog dissection that day and Chloe started looking a little queasy. She only took biology because I had to. She HATES biology. When I looked at her again, she had that same stone faced look she wore when they announced the team matchups at the meeting for Prank Week.

"You okay?" I asked Chloe, rubbing her shoulder. She slowly nodded, letting out a deep breath, closing her eyes.

"I'm fine. I just..... you do all the cutting okay?" she said quickly. I nodded and turned my attention back to the teacher. She was explaining how to complete the dissection. If only Chloe knew about Jacob, she'd be a whole lot queasier. It was a known fact among us girls that anything from biology diagrams to actual blood creeps Chloe out. The insides of things just rub her the wrong way.

"Here we go," I said. I began the dissection process, but I couldn't help sneak some glances at him. He doesn't see me though because I'm at the back of the class.

"Emma!" Chloe shrieked. I looked back down and saw my messy cuts.

"Ugh," I groaned. Chloe's eyes went wide and she looked like she was about to throw up. I quickly fixed it and when I looked up Chloe looked sort of green. I put the scalpel down, took off my gloves, and grabbed Chloe's shoulders, shaking her as if to snap her out a a trance.

"Chloe! Snap out of it," I said to her, trying not to draw attention to us.

She shook her head like a dog and said, "Uh, uh. S-sorry. I just sorta freaked out there......"

"Well your fine now, I fixed it, no more guts spilling out," I told her, trying to reassure her. She kept her eyes on her hands the rest of class, looking a bit embarrassed.

"I'm sorry Emma," she said softly.

"No sweat. It's fine. I know how sensitive you are to that stuff," I replied.

After class we went back to the house. I didn't have any more classes that day, but everyone else still had a few more classes, so I was alone in the house for a few hours. I spent the time unpacking the remainder of my things and, of course, daydreaming about him. When Chloe finally came home with everyone else, it was around 5 and they still had homework. I had completely forgotten about my homework so I joined them in the living room for a homework session.

We all sat in silence until someone finally spoke up. It was Nat.

"So.... what do you think the guys will try first?" she asked.

"I don't know Nat," Claire said.

"Well..... what should we do as our next prank?" she asked, clearly more interested in planning pranks than her homework.

"Nat," Chloe said with that warning tone I have grown so familiar with. "Homework. I have to remind Bri about that everyday when she gets sidetracked, but have never had to warn you."

"Chill Chloe! I only have a little bit of homework left anyways. And it's not due until Thursday. I still have three more days," Nat complained.

"I'm sorry but I just want to concentrate," Chloe explained. "Just, can you give me a few more minutes of quiet?"

"Fine," Nat obliged.

It turned out being more than a few minutes so we all end up leaving her in the living room and going to our own rooms. By the time she was finished, it was time for dinner.

When we finished dinner, I decided to go upstairs to text him. I can't let them catch me doing this. I think, cautiously watching the door constantly.

Me: Hey u

Him: Hey beautiful

Me: R we still on for tonite?

Him: Yeah. About midnight?

Me: That sounds gr8. Chloe should be asleep by then. We share a room.

Him: I'll bring the cupcakes.

Me: Zach?

Him: He made em' in class and won't notice if i take a few.

Me: Gr8! :)

Him: Gtg. The guys want to talk about something.

Me: Kk. C u tonite....

Him: Absolutely. Bi.

When I put my phone in my pocket and went downstairs, surprisingly, it is already nine.

"Hey, there you are," a familiar voice said. I turned around to see Claire. "Chloe thought you were eaten by the toilet or something," she said with a chuckle.

"Oh, I was just texting someone," I said, a smile creeping up my face.

As soon as I said this, Chloe came up and asked, "Where were you?"

"I was in our room. Texting one of my friends," I replied. Chloe suddenly looked deflated, her expression softening.

"Well, you could have at least told me where you were going," she said in a matter-a-factly tone. I rolled my eyes and apologized.

"Sorry."

"Well, it's getting late. We should all go to bed," Claire suggested.

"That sounds like a great idea," Chloe agreed.

We all bounded up the stairs, into our rooms. Some of us grabbed our shower bags and headed off to the bathroom.

After I showered and brushed my teeth, I returned to our room to find Chloe, staring into her hand mirror, looking worried. She always does this when she is stressed.

She sighed, put down the mirror and said, "I'm sorry Emma. I just miss mom and dad. I know I should be more supportive this being your first year and all but-"

"It's fine," I interrupted. "I miss them too. I'm gonna get ready for bed. You should too."

With that we both went into our walk-in closets and changed for bed. What Chloe didn't know, is that instead of pajamas, I put on my jean short shorts, my cute new halter top, and put some heels in my messenger bag, along with my hair brush, some hair ties, and some chocolate. I covered up my outfit with my robe and came out. Chloe was dressed for bed and sitting on her bed, playing with her hair.

"I thought I'd wait for you," she said.

"Thanks," I replied, as we got into our beds.

When I could hear her breathing steady, I got out of bed and turned on the small lamp. It gave off just enough light for me to do my hair and makeup. When I finished I went back over to my bed and waited. It seemed like an eternity but finally I heard it.

The faint sounds of pebbles hitting the window. I walked over and opened the window and saw his outline on the ground below. He waved to me and I waved back. I grabbed my bag and threw out the window for him to catch. Once I knew he had caught it, I stripped off my robe and climbed, barefoot, out the window, onto the tree branch. I slowly made my way down the tree and jumped off a few feet from the bottom.

He handed me my bag with what I knew must be a smile, for it was too dark to see. I opened it up and put on my shoes. I was glad I remembered to put my phone in my bag before I climbed down. He took my hand in his and we started walking into the darkness.

When I knew we are out of earshot of anyone, I allowed myself to say his name:

"Jacob."

Tuesday September 3, 12:30 am

"Jacob," I heard her say. Her voice is so sweet, so pure. I felt like the luckiest guy in the world. Emma is just so special. We cannot tell anyone about this though. She's a soro-girl and I'm frat-guy. We aren't supposed to date, but what we have is special.

We were going to a hidden grove she found while walking around one day. We got to the Quad and ducked through the bushes into the small, secluded area. I sat down my backpack at the foot of the willow tree and she sat down hers. We crawled underneath the tree and she snuggled up against me. I put my arm around her and she leaned against my body.

"How are you?" she asked me.

"I'm great. How about you?" I replied.

"Better, now that I'm with you," she said to me with a smile. I grabbed her hand and brought it up to my lips, softly kissing her knuckles. She giggled quietly and put her head against my chest. I looked down at her hands.

"Your hands?" I asked her, extending her fingers.

"What about them?" she asked me, examining her own hands.

"There's no paint," I replied questioningly, rubbing her hands between mine.

"Oh, that. I took a shower before getting dressed tonight," she explained.

"Ahh," I said, "You didn't have to do that, you know. I don't care about the paint. I just care about being with you."

She leaned away from me and rubbed her arms. I could tell that she was cold. I took off my jacket and draped it across her shoulders. She turned to me and smiled thankfully. I wrapped her in my arms and nuzzled my chin against her neck. She giggled and tried to wrap her arms around my neck. When she struggled I released my grip and stood up. I held my hand out to her and she took it.

I helped her up and she put her arms around my neck. My arms slowly creeped around her body, pulling her closer to me. She inched closer to me, finally resting her head on my chest. Her arms around my neck, mine around her waist, we swayed slowly for a few minutes before she broke the silence.

"Are you okay?" she asked me.

"I'm fine, why?" I replied.

"I was hoping you were okay. You know, after the prank we pulled on you guys. I turned around while running after the other girls and I couldn't figure out where you were."

"Yeah. That. It was fine. Our teams are matched up against each other you know. It's not like you had a choice whether our teams were matched up or not."

"I'm glad you said that....... Jacob?"

"Yeah Emma?"

"Can I ask you something?"

"Of course...."

"How can something so wrong...... feel so right? We shouldn't be doing this, but it just feels so good."

"I don't know...... It feels good to me too. I'm sorry if this makes you feel weird."

I slowly pulled her away and held her at arm's length. I c***ed my head to the side and put on a confused look. I could tell she could see my expression because her expression also changed to disappointment.

"No, I doesn't feel weird. I just know we shouldn't, yet it feels good!" she said, concern in her voice.

"I'm sorry. It's just.... I've never felt like this before. It's, magical," I said, slowly bringing her closer. She leaned into me, resting her head on my chest again.

"I love you," she whispered softly, muffled agaist my chest.

"I love you too," I replied softly, gently stroking her hair. We stood there for another few minutes before I heard her breathing steady and her knees give out. I gently laid her on the ground. I then leaned up against the tree trunk and pulled her close to me, wrapping my arms around her waist, her head resting on my chest.

Even though she was asleep, she sensed my movement and moved closer, curling into a ball, my body sheilding her from everything. I pulled her even closer and closed my eyes. I didn't want to ever let her go. Before I realized it, we were both alseep underneath the tree, cuddling up against each other.

"Jacob! Jacob, wake up!"

Who's that? I opened my eyes and saw Emma looking down at me, a soft smile on her face. I reached up and caressed her face, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear. Using my other arm to push myself up, I rised up from the ground, my first hand still on her face. She started to talk but I stopped her before she could.

I grabbed her face with both hands and pulled her close, my lips grazing hers. She met my gaze and returned the kiss. Her lips were so sweet and we kissed for a few minutes, moving closer every time our lips meet.  When she pulled away, I was confused. I thought she liked that....

"Jacob. I'm sorry, but we have to stop."

"What? I thought you liked me?"

"I do. Not stop that. I mean, for today. I can hear people walking and talking in the Quad. We have to get out of here. Chloe's going to start wondering where I am!" She looked flushed and scared.

"Yes, yes, of course. Sorry, I wasn't thinking." I felt so embaressed.

"It's fine. I know you can't think straight when you first wake up."

"Sorry about that. How do you want to get out of here?"

"I know! I can go out one side, and then a few minutes later, you can go out another."

"That sounds like a good idea. Give me a second and I'll go out the left side."

She got up and started to get her stuff together. I tried to wake up more and gathered my stuff too. She looked back to me and smiled. She started to leave, but I stopped her.

"Emma, wait!" I said standing up and running over to her. I took her face in my hands and gave her one last kiss. She was surprised at first, but eventually her arms find her way around my neck and she returned the kiss.

"I love you," I whispered, our foreheads touching. She smiled back at me and giggled.

"I love you too," she said back. When she pulled back, my eyes met hers. She leaned in and gently pecked me on the cheek. I stared at her as she left the small grove. Just before she left, she looked back at me and smiled. Her smile is beautiful.

I found myself staring at the place she disapeared through the brush for a few minutes. When I recovered, I sighed, grabbed my bag, and headed out through the opposite side of the grove.

As I walked through campus, I found my mind wandering off, thinking about her. I suddenly miss her arms around my neck. The gentle weight of her head against my chest. I cleared my head by giving it a little shake.

When I finally reached the house, I went around back and climbed up the tree, to reach my bedroom window. I climbed in and closed the window just as I heard a knock on my door.

"Hey dude! It's eight already. You coming or what?" I heard Zach say.

"Coming!" I yelled, peeling off my shirt and replacing it with a different one. I could smell her perfume on my shirt and didn't want any of the guys getting any ideas. I just hope she is okay too, and didn't get caught........

Tuesday, September 3rd, 7:00 am

The rest of the girls were still asleep. They all had afternoon classes today. So did I, but I'm an early riser. I couldn't get the thought of pranking a bunch of frat guys out of my head. They're just like us, just that they're guys. They have Greek pride just like us. They're just a handful of guys who wanna make their college years last a lifetime, and I do too. People are misguided by my sense of style, and are scared of me even. All I want is to express myself, but so many guys (and girls) just don't get it. I'm a lovable person, you just have to get used to me. Sometimes it seems like Alyssa is the only one who understands me. With her as an anime heartthrob and me as a sceneista, we're just the perfect team. We're the misfits of Rho Kappa Rho, and I'm sure we always will be. Her and I rebel against everything from pepperoni pizza to studying for final exams. We always win in the end, and I'll always have her at my side.

I love being part of a sorority. If I wasn't, I'd probably fail the first semester. Chloe encourages me to ace tests, or at least pass them. Bri is that other crazy in the group, which I will always need a little bit of. Nat is the one who keeps me sane in a house full of girly girls. Claire leads us, in a good way that's not too demanding. Amy is great at second place, but her airheadedness keeps her with that role. Emma brings out the child within me, and I'm thankful for that, but Alyssa is always there. She always has my back and vice versa. Like the song states, I get by with a little help from my friends.

As I began to step into the shower I noticed something. Emma wasn't in bed. I had never seen this before, but I ignored it hoping she'll be back soon. If Chloe had been awake then she'd freak out, because she's really protective over her little sister, but I try to stay as chill as possible. She probably just went for a walk or something, right?

I let the water pour over me like a hot spring and descended into its warmth. It cleansed me and relieved my brain of all the stress from that week. I exhaled a hard sigh and dreamed about the positive possibilities in all this mess. I couldn't think of one. Maybe I could be optimistic later on, but then it was time for relaxation.

Thirty minutes later I stepped out of the shower, cold and wrapped only in a towel. The latch on the front door opened, and I locked the bathroom door, cursing myself for not bringing any clothes in with me. I slowly peeked out and realized it's only Emma. Quickly I ran out of the bathroom and Emma stifled a scream.

I changed quickly and began to interrogate her. "Where were you, Emma?" If she planned to sneak out she should have known better that I get up fairly early.

"Look, " she said nervously. "I'll tell you, but you have to promise me. You can't tell anyone, ok? Not even Chloe."

"Fine," I said, angry at myself for agreeing. "Well, are you gonna answer my question or what?"

"Fine, " she said. "But it's a long story."

"I got time," I said, and with that I sat down, soaking in every word.

Tuesday, September 3rd, 8:30 am

I rushed to wake the guys, we still hadn't pulled our first prank. I was getting paranoid and so were the rest of Team Diversity. Except for Zach, but he was just trying to pull off the macho man reputation he has successfully created for himself. We had to be original and hardcore, without breaking their happy go lucky girl spirits. I was thinking that we do something subtle to start. You know, short sheet their beds, steal their homework, simple, yet locked with a little revenge. It's priceless and bold. The perfect combination. If only I could figure out just what will get to them.

I woke Chris with a violent shake of his mattress and a splash of ice cold water, sprayed across his forehead. He got right up angrily, in the middle of my spazz attack.

"Where is my blue hair dye Chris? This is an emergency!" At this point, Chris looked like he was about to kill me.

"Why in the Hades would you wake me up like that, Chase Harrison Riley?"

"Woh, dude, how'd you know my middle name?" was all I could mutter in my usual nonchalant tone, with a bit of hectic thrown in.

"Look Chris, I'm sorry, but you gotta get up! I can't sleep and plus my hair's gonna be a wreck if I can't find some mouse and temporary hair dye in about 5 seconds."

Chris formed his open palms into tight fists pretty quickly. His knuckles turned white and his face red. Then he gasped for air.

"Okay Chase," he said with anger under his breath, you know the way your dad does when he's infuriated, but tries to calm himself by exhaling rapidly. Well this was exactly what Chris was doing right then.

"I'm not mad, just tired and stressed. I will give you your hair dye if you just shut up for like 10 minutes.

I was desperate enough to do that, despite my love of talking. Two minutes passed and I was done. Luckily Chris has a forgiving heart. I was able to spray in half my hair aqua blue, until Roy rung the dreaded breakfast bell. You see, Roy is as nice as guys get, but when it comes to cooking with him, I'd rather eat sushi from a gas station. Burnt toast, smoothies that tasted like pure spinach, over scrambled eggs, the list goes on.

Today I skipped breakfast and ran out with Chris and Zach to the picnic tables by the grills. We chatted up possible pranks until we came up with the perfect one. All those girls would never expect it. They won't know what hit them.

Tuesday, September 3rd, 9:15 am

Algebra sucks. Chemistry is boring. English is just repetition of high school grammar. Gym is a lousy excuse for exercise, but Baking is awesome! Not because of the food, although the food is delicious. The real reason is because this awesome guy Zach is in my class.

He is such a jock, but so great at cooking. We're kitchen partners and when I cook with him, something magical happens. I can't describe it. He'll put his hand on mine "by accident" while I'm mixing or pouring or whatever. He doesn't quite know how to flirt, and that just adds to his overall cuteness.

Not hot, cute. There's a difference. His babyish face somehow works on his buff, yet short body. It's like Lebron James and an adorable puppy had a baby. Weird, right?

I just hope he isn't not a frat guy. That would end up bad. I have to agree with Claire, two Greek society members should not date. Especially if the guy just happens to be part Greek. Zach is. He speaks the language too, and it's so romantic. Now that I think about it, why wouldn't he be in a fraternity? Oh great. All my dreams of dating Zach are crushed.

I'm all for this prank stuff. Daredevil is my middle name. Spraying the guys with water guns was simply a warm up. I'm just getting started. My eyes are wide open at all times. I can't be too paranoid though, for fear of failing at my most devious pranks. Next, I'll probably prank my mortal anime. Not enemy, anime. That's right, Michael. I was thinking of swapping all his Naruto and Soul Eater posters for pictures of reality tv stars and rappers he hates. I could even try to rig the Math Wiz Contest so that Michael gets last place, although I don't know if I'm quite that mean.

It's almost time for my gymnastics practice. We practice before and after school four times a week, once on weekends, unless we're performing. The whole team is really competitive, it was hard enough to make it in, but now we have tryouts every semester to stay on the team. I'm not worried, but plenty other girls are.

I get dressed in my uniform and see that there's a note on my dresser. I open it and read the message aloud to myself.

Meet me by CCC square at noon with some of your team. I'll explain later. ~Guys

I was suspicious, but willing to except the challenge. Game on.

Tuesday September 3rd, 9:40 am

I hope Brianna hasn't realized I'm a frat guy. I don't want things to come between us. I can tell she sort of likes me. She is one of the most beautiful girls I have ever seen. I keep trying to flirt with her, but I have never flirted with anyone before, so I'm not very good. I know by the way they all look at us that one of them has somehow gotten some inside dirt. I've been avoiding Bri though because I don't want her to get the wrong idea about me.

My thoughts were interrupted by Chase saying, "Don't you think?"

"What?" I said confused. I was suddenly embarrassed realizing I hadn't been listening to anything he said. He didn't seem to notice though, thankfully.

"I said, do you like my prank idea? You know, the one where we tempt them outside and drench them with maple syrup and feathers?" he said smiling, that evil glint in his eyes.

"Were you even listening man?" Chris asked me.

"Yeah. Sorry, I was just trying to think of some prank ideas," I said quickly, trying to think of an excuse. "I gotta go to Baking class. Stay here though. Please?"

"What's wrong, dude?" Chase asked confused.

"I just- it's- I," I said racking my brain, trying to think of an excuse. "There's a couple of girls from the other team in my class and I don't think they've realized who I am yet. This way, I can have some leverage over them if they don't know who I am."

"Oh. I understand, dude. Good thinking," Chase said with a smirk.

"See ya later guys," I said, picking up my backpack and slinging it over my shoulder as I ran off to class.

Just before I walked into class, I put on some dark sunglasses and a snapback. As I walked into the kitchen, I looked through out the room to see if any of the girls were here yet. I saw Bri at the back of the class, talking with Chloe. Seeing them whispering, looking up at me every once and a while made me draw in my breath sharply.

I relaxed when I saw Bri cross her arms, and march away from Chloe. My eyes followed her as she stomped over to our station. When I looked back at Chloe, she had moved over to her station, her eyes narrowing at me. She couldn't tell whether I'm looking at her because of my dark glasses, as I scanned the entire classroom.

"Ah-hem!" Chef Barb said, clearing her throat. That's her signal for everyone to go to their seats. I quickly walked back to our station.

"Today we will be making creme brulee. The recipe will be found in the top drawer in your cabinet. You will have 45 minutes to prepare your dish and then bring it up to my desk for grading. Remember this is a test and you will be graded in your pairs. All of your tools and ingredients will be found in the back. Work together! You may begin."

I opened up the drawer and pulled out the recipe. I handed one of the copies to Bri, our hands briefly touching. When our hands touched she flinched, just a little. It wasn't much, but I could still see it. She took the paper and rushed into the back to gather our tools, like she always does, while I got our ingredients. When she got back, I had built up my confidence to ask her something.

"So, are you a sorority girl?" I asked her cautiously. Her eyes widened slightly and she looked up at me from the recipe.

"Umm, yeah...." she answered.

"Cool. What team are you in the competition, if you are in it?"

"I'm on Team Diversify," she replied, avoiding looking at me.

"Cool. So... you're up against Team Diversity?"

"Yeah. The guys on the team are complete idiots."

I was a little hurt by her response, but I realized quickly that she wouldn't have said that if she thought I was on a fraternity team. I released a mental sigh of relief.

"Are you on a fraternity team?" she asked, warily.

"Ummm," I said, unsure of what to say. "You know we should really focus on our creme brulee."

"Okay, " she said, disappointed.

"I want you to answer my question thought first," she added on hurriedly.

"Hey, could you grab some powdered sugar?" I asked her, avoiding her question and her deathly glare.

"Ugh. Fine," she sighed, stomping off into the pantry racks.

I sighed a sigh of relief and put my head in my hands, leaning over the table. I removed my glasses and tried to relax. Closing my eyes, I tried to focus when I was startled by the sound of her walking back to our station with the ingredient I sent her to get. I fumbled with my sunglasses, putting them back onto my face just in time.

"Here," she said coldly, slamming the can onto the table.

"What's wrong?" I asked her, a worried tone in my voice.

"Nothing! It's just, UGH!" she sighed, clearly annoyed by something. I reached to put my arm around her, trying to comfort her. When she looked at me and saw what I was doing though, I stopped myself and recoiled my hand, rubbing my elbow awkwardly.

"Sorry. It's just Chloe told me the most infuriating thing! She said that you were a frat guy! I mean you would tell me if you were, wouldn't you?" she asked me, concern briefly touching her tone.

"Y-yeah," I said awkwardly.

"Okay..... Well she thought you were the Zach we are up against in the competition. The one who is in Omega Mu Theta? Do you know him?" she asked.

"Yeah. I know that guy. I know him more than you would think....." I said slowly.

Her eyes narrowed at my response, but she quickly shook it off, gently smiling at me. I turned back at her and gave her a gentle smile back.

"Do you want to stir?" I offered.

"Sure," she said accepting the bowl. We stood in silence for several minutes, the only sounds coming from around us being the spoon hitting against the side of the bowl. My eyes started wandering around the classroom, and they landed on Chloe and her partner.

She sat up straighter suddenly and turned her head. When she saw me looking in her direction, she gave me a death glare. Our glares held until her partner tried to ask her something and she turned her attention back to him. I looked back at Bri and saw that she had drawn her lips into a thin line, struggling to stir the batter.

I held off for a few seconds, contemplating my choices, before reaching to help her. Slowly reaching one hand around her waist and fixing the other on her hand, I helped her to stir the batter, a smile creeping up my face. She flinched when she noticed the sudden contact, but slowly relaxed moving in sync with my stirring. We stood doing this for a few minutes before she pulled back and lifted up the bowl, slowly pouring the batter into the pan.

When she was finished she stepped back, and looked at me expectantly. I held her gaze for a few seconds before breaking it, reaching to grab the mini blow torch, so we could finish our dish. Using one hand to steady the pan and the other to hold the blow torch, I began to cook the creme brulee, sneaking glances at her out of the corner of my eye. I could see her watching my hand, then slowly examining the rest of me.

"Are you sure you're not a frat guy?" she asked worriedly.

I drew in a quiet breath and said, "Yeah."

"Okay then," she said with a smile, looping her arm through mine and leaning her head on my shoulder. I slightly tensed up when she did this, but then relaxed.

Boo-yah! She definitely likes me. Score!

When class was over, Chloe dragged Bri away from me. She looked back on me, a sad expression on her face. When they were out of earshot (but I could still see them), Chloe turned Brianna around and started yelling at her. I knew they were talking about me because she kept gesturing in my direction. When she was finished, Brianna started yelling back at her.

Their conversation ended when Brianna yelled at her one last time and Chloe crossed her arms, rolling her eyes, with that 'fine' expression on her face. Chloe said one last thing to her, and Bri ended up throwing her hands into the air and storming off.

Chloe rolled her eyes as Bri walked off. I stared at her as she left. When I looked back at Chloe, I saw her quickly advancing toward me, her arms still crossed. If looks could kill, I would be so dead by now.

"Stay. Away. From. Bri," she said to me coldly as she passed me in the hall.

"What?" I asked her.

"You heard me! Stay away from her! There's something not right about you and I'm going to find out what it is," she said over her shoulder, not bothering to turn around. She gave me one last deathly glare and pushed open the doors to go outside.

I rolled my eyes and scoffed, watching her leave. Even though I secretly was a little nervous. I had to be extra careful now, she would be onto me like butter on toast. This is going to be a harder week than I thought.........

Tuesday, September 3rd, 10:30 am

I had just woken up about 30 minutes prior. I was tired as crap from staying up. Watching Bleach under the covers all night long can tire a girl out. Bleach is my absolute favorite anime ever! Hannah and I grabbed our trigonometry books and headed for study hall.

I'm pretty much a complete dunce at math, so I needed to go, and so did she. There's this guy Michael in study hall on Tuesdays and Fridays, but he works as an intern tutor. He's awesome at math, and usually helps me study, but right now I have to steer clear of him, since he's in Omega Mu Theta.

"I am excited!", said Hannah as she twirled about, while I walked steady.

"Why?" I asked, strain in my under slept voice.

"Because.", she says, acting as if there's never an actual reason for anxiety.

"I'm just really excited to see what stupid prank those guys are gonna plan."

"Uh, heh ha." I laughed curtly, paying WAY to much attention to my own thoughts. I couldn't get over last night's episode. Was Kuugo Ichigo's friend or enemy?

"Ugh, Hannah, I swear, if you ever decide to get into Anime, make sure you watch the WHOLE first season beforehand. Otherwise, it'll be EXTREMELY confusing."

"Noted. I'll make sure I watch every single episode, right after I don't have a social life." she said as sarcastic as ever.

"Shut up," I said, jokingly nudging her elbow.

"Alright." she said, a trace of alarm in her voice.

"We need to get to study hall, doors close in 5."

"Ok" I said. We made our way to the class just in time. Everyone set down their things. Nat and Chloe were there too, Nat flirting with Jason, the third-baseman for our baseball team, the CCC Gold Rush.

Chloe was with 2 of her book club friends, Jenny and Tom. They had just finished the chapter.

Our sports teams were called the Gold Rush because of California history. Our school was all for that kind of stuff. The statues, and plaques, and numerous books in our bookstore, all about California.

Hannah and I sat down, smack middle of the front row. We needed to work hard today. and since study hall was student-led, I had to ask Charlie, possibly the smartest guy on campus, for math help. He is nice, but awkward as crud. It's one of those weird guy things. It's not like they have a crush on me, they just kinda... how do I put this nicely? They kinda seem like they left their personality in the lost and found. All the smart guys are that way. They never have some great sense of humor or romance, and always seem to marry a girl because she has better feelings for his paycheck than him.

I don't care if I don't ace my finals. I don't care if I just barely pass. I just want to follow my dreams. I'm a work study for the head nurse, and it's awesome. My ultimate goal is to be a pediatrician, most likely. I love kids and helping their overall health seems important to me. This is why I take 4 health classes and pass them with flying colors. I'm already certified in CPR and know how to safely deliver a vaccine to infants. It's amazing what you can learn at this place!

I take out a bazillion sheets of paper. Charlie lists the problems, and I relay the answers back to him. After 20 minutes or so, my hand burns with pain from writing. I take a swig of my Mountain Dew and begin to read the textbook. My leg twitches and my eyes are out of focus. Hannah and I have to pass the placement test this year. I don't want to be in a class full of immature doofs.

I was done. I put down my books, dropped my pen, and slumped back onto the lazy chair. If there's one thing I'm grateful for, its that just about every classroom has a bunch of those comfy chairs. I look at Hannah. She looks at me. I open my eyes wider. She excepts my challenge. Staring contest. Soon enough her ice cold glare turns into a playful grin, as she begins to giggle. She laughs uncontrollably, as I roll my eyes. Soon enough, she is on the floor, her face pressed against the carpet. Her fists pound and she continues to cackle.

I start to laugh too, and soon Nat joins in, followed by Chloe's chirps. Jason chortles a bit, and Charlie just stands there, blank faced. Then, the professor comes in. We all shut up immediately. Math has officially begun, and I exchange solemn glances with Michael. He stares vacantly at me, and I flick my head back. What was that all about?, I wonder to myself. I let it go, hoping he isn't mad. He wouldn't have any reason to be mad at moi, would he? The thought of such a casual, friendly, guy holding something against me stuck with me the whole class period. So much for studying...

Tuesday, September 3rd, 11:15 am

Math was just plain weird. Alyssa and I just felt so dang awkward. She never talked to me, and I never said a word to her. I don't know, maybe it's just me. She's such a great girl though, I just don't know. Some things I look WAY to hard into.

I met with Ray and Josh for lunch. They told me to meet them at Hungry Harry's Sub Shop. It was our favorite "on-campus" place to eat. Cheesy, and meant for frat guys.

The owner was a frat here, and that was it's intended purpose. Yet, I can still catch Nat and Bri coming here every once in a while, both scarfing down a ton of fries. I at least know better than to take a girl on a date here.

Josh has already made that mistake. Twice. Once with the hot girl who's captain for the varsity field hockey team.What's her name... Karly?

And another time where he COMPLETELY blew it with Vanessa.

Vanessa is one of those girls who REALLY overdoes her reputation. She's kinda cute, a little rude at times, but nice enough to date. He went to get her a chicken steak sub, when he found out that she doesn't eat carbs.

That was bad enough. Next, when he went to get their drinks, he put regular coke in her glass instead of diet. And I'm still not done. The worst part of the night was him going to get some chili cheese fries. As he came back, he spilled hot chili right onto her dress and down her bra. Ray and I were obviously laughing our "you know whats" off. The only thought running threw my head was: What the (insert word) were you thinking, bro?

I walked right past the cheerleaders, right past the jocks who would normally give me wedgies and noogies galore. I ran by the main grounds, past the many dorms and housings, and down through the abandoned pathway which smelled like a dumpster. There it was, the place immature college guy dreams are made.

I grinned at the sight of the worn-down shack that Harry called a café. This was where the guys and I belonged.

I walked inside, smelling that toasted bread smell, mixed with a little bit of gasoline and motor oil. (Harry's nephew worked two part time jobs, one at the sub shop, and the other as an assistant mechanic at the auto body shop down the block).

There they were. Ray and Josh waved. Josh looked like he was about to scream on both the inside and out. You see, Raymond wasn't the easiest person to deal with.

I sat down at our "reserved" booth. No one else dared sit there. Legend has it that Harry came up with the idea of his famous loaded burger sub in that booth. We've always sat there, and it's always brung us luck. I never said GOOD luck though, after explaining Josh's whole "dating incident".

"Hey!", Josh said, letting off a ton of anxiety in one single breath.

"Yeah, hey man.", said Ray.

"I ran here guys, what's so important?"

"The guys and I came up with a prank.", Ray proposed confidently.

"Yeah," said Josh, sucking down cream soda like a human vacuum.

"Shoot." I said, ready to hear what stupid trick Ray would come up with this time.

"Okay, so last night I snuck into the soro house when everyone was asleep." With that I simply froke. (Froke is my way of saying freak in the past tense.)

"For Pete's sake, Ray, what were you thinking?"

Ray just chuckled. "Hey now, Pete's a nice guy. You don't need to bring him into this." He said, laughing hysterically at his own sarcastic joke. "I just put a note on one of their dressers, that's all."

"You could've been suspended!", I screamed, much louder than expected.

"I know, I know. But, after all, I am the slickest guy on campus."

I was done.

"Anyways, to the point.", said Josh. While Josh had his despicable moments, I was utterly glad to have him right now.

"Okay, so at 12:00 sharp we attack. CCC square. The girls should be out of 2nd hour by then."

It was a risky one, but a good plan.