This is not the End | Teen Ink

This is not the End

May 5, 2015
By bands_are_life00, Brunswick, Maine
More by this author
bands_are_life00, Brunswick, Maine
0 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
Sadness is like a drug. It takes you away from reality and makes you see it in a whole new way


Author's note:

This is not the End is not a finished story. I still need to add more, but I just wanted to share what I have. I have never wrote anything like this and I am proud of what I have so far. Sorry for anything that is wrong like grammer and spelling. I'm still new to all this. Hope you all enjoy c: 

It was a cool spring evening. He leans in close so that I can feel his warm breath upon my cheek. He whispered ever so quietly in my ear,
“I love you, God I love you. You’re perfect, your smile, your eyes, your laugh, just everything about you is amazing.”
I couldn’t hold it in any longer. I fell to the ground in tears. I couldn’t bring myself to look into his calm, blue eyes again. My face felt hot and sticky. My eyes were swollen and red. I just sat there under the millions of stars illuminating upon my face, while he was standing above me puzzled.
“Brooklyn ar-are you okay?” He finally broke the silence between us.
“Fine, I’m perfectly fine.” I soon replied trying to hold back any more tears. “I’m sorry, I’m just not used to hearing those things.” My voice started to fade out.
He sat down next to me placing his muscular arm around my scrawny shoulder.
“Brooke I do really love you. Whenever I think about you my brain goes all stupid. I wish you could tell me what’s wrong, I’m worried.”
“David, it’s fine really.” I replied with a smile across my pained face.
As the night went on we just sat on top of Eye-view Hill, silent and snug. His warm body against mine, our eyes locked upon each others. I felt different than normal. I was scared to get too close to him. I didn’t want to get hurt, but it felt so right at the time. Moments later he leaned back towards my face looking straight into my eyes. His left arm wrapped around my shoulder as his right hand came behind my curly, blue hair. As he got closer I closed my eyes in fear and excitement trying not to ruin the moment as I did earlier that night. Than it happened. His smooth lips touched mine. All my emotions bubbling up inside of me. I didn’t know what to do besides just sit there baffled and thinking is this for real? We soon pulled away gasping for air and laughing. He looked down at me smiling with his perfect dimples.
“What now?” I stupidly blurted out into the silence of the night.
“I don’t really know Brooke, but I need a smoke.” He pulls out a pack of camel cigarettes and placed one into his mouth.
“David, please you can’t do that.” I pulled away from his tight grip to look him in the eyes. Abby was the one who got him on all kinds of drugs a lot worse than just smoking. I hate it and I really want to help him, but I’m afraid he is too far gone.
“Brooke, It’s fine.” He replied with a smirk.
“David if you light that I will leave right now”
“Whatever” He said and with that he pulled out a baby blue lighter and lit the cigarette. I soon tried to get up, but his strength pulled me back down. I wanted to get away from him. I started yelling and screaming for him to let go. I started to kick and hit him rapidly.
“Brooke stop it you’re going to hurt yourself!” He soon yelled after awhile.
“I don’t care anymore David. I just want to get away from you” I yelled as my voice started to cracked out. He soon let go of my arm. Shocked and stunned and he was about to cry. I felt bad, but I couldn’t look back at him. All I could do was walk away and whisper under my breath that I’m sorry.

I had a dream last night after I came home. It was about how David and I met for the first time. It was a warm spring afternoon. There was a slight wind blowing all over the field. It started out as a normal track practice. I was throwing turbo jav. with Paige, Andrew, and Andrew’s boyfriend Nick. I ran up to the line and let go. It was probably around 100ft. After I threw the spear like thing I noticed someone running out right in front of where the javelin was about to land. He was tall, and looked very strong. He had Long black and blue hair that flew as he ran. I’ve never seen him before though. All of a sudden He went down. I had hit him. I soon ran over to his side to make sure he was okay. when I got there he just looked up at me and was in “awe” as he said.
“Wow, you’re gorgeous” He finally broke the sharp silence
“Not really, but uh thanks. Are you okay I’m so sorry. I didn’t mean to hit y..” He cut me off before I could finish.
“It’s fine hun. What’s you name?” He asked
“Brooke, well it’s Brooklyn” 
“Wow. Such a beautiful name for such a beau..” He started to say, but got cut off by another girl. She was a little taller than I was, she had long, blond hair that flowed down her back like silk. She was wearing a 1D shirt, which brought a sour taste to my mouth. She was one of the popular kids. A grade higher than I was. Her name was Abby.
“What do you think you are doing!” She yelled as she walked over “You are supposed to be in lacrosse not track. It’s not even a real sport!”
“Abby calm down.” He replied in a calm voice.
“Do not tell me to calm down David! We are supposed to be the perfect couple and the only way for that to be true is for you to fix whatever is in your ears, cut your hair, stop listening to that emo music, and join lax!” I was stunned when she yelled this to him. He was truly perfect. The things in his ear were gauges. They were black with pink streaks. He turned to me and started to speak.
“Brooke I am so sorry about my now ex-girlfriend Abby.”
“What! you can not do that to me I own you, remember.” She said with a smirk.
“Abby, to be completely honest I lied to you this whole time. You are definitely one of the worst person I have ever met! I don’t care anymore go tell everyone we had sex if you really want to!” She was stunned to hear this come out of his mouth. She eventually left David and I in the middle of the field.
I started to walk away from him after I told him that I was sorry for hitting him once more. After I got about six feet away he started to run up to me.
“Brooke, wait I’m sorry.” He shouted as he ran. I ignored him and kept walking. I had to get home as soon as I could that day. My mom didn’t know I was doing track. She wanted me to stay home and help her watch my younger sister, Bandit. All of a sudden I felt someone grab my shoulder.
“Brooke, please just answer me” He spoke fast. I got away from his mighty grip and started to walk again.
‘Wait! I lov…” He cut himself off. I stopped in my tracks, embarrassed. My face was starting to turn red.
“Are you going to listen to me now?” He asked.
“David, I have to get home now and I have to walk. Don’t be sorry it wasn’t your fault.” I pleaded him to leave me alone and started to walk again.
“I can give you a ride if you want.” He suggested. I had forget that he was a grade higher than I was and he had his license. We walked out to the school’s parking lot in complete silence. 
His car was a beaten up, blue ford truck. He went around to the passengers door and opened it for me. He smiled a crooked smile and I noticed that he had a dimple on his right cheek. I smiled back. When David started his car I had heard the first note of the black parade come on and started to laugh.
“When I was a young boy…” He started to sing. His deep voice struggling to reach Gerard Way’s perfect pitch. The way David had sung was odd. He used the left side of his mouth leaving the right side just about still. He was a perfect bass. He voice just moved me.
“We’ll carry on…” I joined him. After the song ended we both started to laugh.
“You are different.” He said after he caught his breath. I looked up at him, puzzled.
“Not like that. I’m sorry Brooke. I mean like a good different. You are not like most people. Uh I should just stop talking. Sorry.” He said turning his stare back to the road.
“It’s fine David.” I soon looked back down and went into silence.
As we drove on I realized that david never asked for my address and that we were going in the complete opposite direction than my house.
“David where are we going?” I panically asked.
“Don’t worry I know a shortcut.”
“David you don’t even know where I live. I need to get home now, please you don’t understand.”
“Brooke I just want to take you somewhere, okay?”
“No! I have to get home now!” I soon ended up yelling at him begging him to bring me home.
“What’s wrong Brooklyn?” He asked unsteadily.
“I just need to get home. I’m sorry I raised my voice.” I answered him and soon telling him where I lived.
“Well we’re here.” He broke the silence that had grew upon us. “Do you think I can have uh your number?” I immediately said yes and just as I was about to get out he leaned in to kiss my cheek. I could feel my face growing hot and red as he pulled away. I gathered up my courage to say bye and I soon watched him as he drove off. The next day we got together and we haven't been apart since.

The next day after my fight with David didn’t go too well. My mom and I have been in a constant fight together. Always yelling and screaming at each other. However, we weren’t always like this. We used to be so close until my dad left my mother and I. She soon remarried a horrible, cruel man named Seth. Seth would come home drunk and would beat me until I couldn’t take it and pleaded him to stop. My mother soon got pregnant with my younger sister, Bandit. Seth loved her so much, but he would always take his anger out on me. He was truly a cruel man and he got my mom addicted to so many different kinds of drugs and drinks. They started to stay out until 3am leaving me to take care of Bandit. I was the one who fed her, changed her, and took care of her. I was the only one she really had. Soon Seth and my mother got into a fight and he eventually left. I thought things would start to get better like they used to be, but my mom didn’t change her ways. She started to beat me senseless and even tried to hurt Bandit, which I always told her to beat me instead. She hated everything about me. She even thinks I have had sex with David and that I do drugs, but in reality I haven’t. That’s why I had gotten so mad at David the other night because I don’t want him to turn out like my mom. I had to text him. I felt like I wanted to die after our fight and when I got home I just got another beating leaving marks all up my right arm.
May 3, 2015 1:04am; Brooklyn: David, I’m so sorry I didn’t mean to freak out like that… I’m just unsteady around anything like that. I love you so much.. Please forgive me. :c
May 3, 2015 1:06am; David: Brooke It’s fine, but why can’t u tell me why you always act so weird whenever I smoke or even when you stay out late. I have been trying to do better and I do love you too. I will always love you, but plz tell me why you always act so different whenever I do something odd or stupid. xp
May 3, 2015 1:09am; Brooklyn: David I really can’t tell you anything over text… Can you come pick me up a little down my road… :/
May 3, 2015 1:10am; David: I’ll be there in 5 ily <3

After I looked at his text I started to get ready. I pulled on my Nirvana shirt with a pair of black and white leggings and my baby blue converse all stars, which went up past my ankles. I grabbed my Domo bag, which had my inhaler, a water bottle, my anxiety pills and motion sickness bracelets. I also put on my MCR pullover because it was starting to get chilly. After I put my phone and wallet into my bag I opened my window and jumped out as quietly as I could. I started to walk the abandoned road and looked up to see that all the stars have turned into a dreary bunch of clouds that covered the canvas of a sky.
About three minutes of walking and listening to Paradise Fears I saw David’s pick up truck approaching me. He stopped once he saw me and waved me in. Hollywood Whore was playing as I hopped into the truck.
“Where do you want to go.” David asked me  “This isn’t normal for you wanting to go out after ten.”
“Can we just go to your house, if thats okay with your grandmother.” I replied
“Yeah of corse. My grandmother loves you remember.” He smiled when he said this. It took us about ten minutes to get to his house. David lives with his grandmother because his parents left him when he was fourteen. When he first told me about this was on our first date to the movies. I knew everything about him including the age he started to walk. David is a very opened person, which is a reason why I love him. Me on the other hand tend to keep everything to myself.
When we got to his house he unlocked the door and we went upstairs into his room. I really adored his room so much. He had band posters hanging everywhere and he had his clothes all over the floor, which I just loved to randomly put one on when he wasn’t looking. Along side the band posters on the black walls he had every letter I wrote him and every drawing and poem I made. He would always freak out whenever I gave him something like that for his birthday or holidays. David looked tired and his eyes looked like they were crying. He blue eyes were red and swollen. His hair uncombed and messy. He was wearing the Pierce the Veil shirt I gave him for our nine months anniversary with a pair of Attack on Titan sweatpants that we bought together at Hot Topic.
He walked up to me as I was looking around. It’s been months since I had been in there. David notice my attention slipping away from me so he came in close and pulled me by my waist and brought his lips against mine for the second time that night.
“What did you want to tell me” he whispered into my ear. “I have to know babe. Okay?”
“Okay David.” I replied and As I did I pulled away from him to take of my sweatshirt to reveal the purple-blue bruises on my arm. He soon saw them and was shocked.
“Brooke… What happen to your arms?”
“That’s what I have to tell you, David. My mom did it. That’s why I can never stay out late and thats why I’m uneasy around you whenever you just smoke because my mom does that as well. I know you would never hurt me, but I just get scared whenever stuff as simple as smoking comes into the picture.” All of a sudden a loud burst of thunder erupts into the sky and I jumped into David's arms, scared. “That’s why I’m also scared of thunder because it reminds me of my mom always yelling at me. I’m sorry I haven't told you sooner David. I love you so much I just didn’t want you to worry.” I soon started to cry. David didn’t say anything, but instead he just looked down at me and leaned in to kiss me.
“Brooke please call the cops. I don’t want you to get hurt anymore.” He soon begged almost at the point of crying.
“I can’t David, sorry” I pulled away again and walked over to his bed and laid down. I had gotten a headache from all of the thinking and from the thunder constantly going off about every minuet growing louder and louder. David saw me flinch with every outburst of clasping air and finally walked over to me and got into bad to cuddle.
“Brooke just remember what thunder is” He soon said to try and calm me “it’s just Mitch stomping with angles.” For anyone who didn’t know Mitch Luker was the lead singer for suicide silane. He died November 1st 2012. After hearing this I calmed down knowing that Mitch will always be alive in our hearts.
David and I just laid there on his bed looking a each other. Every time they lightning struck the Earth I could see David’s perfect face looking back at me. I soon turned onto my left side releasing ease to my bruised arm and as I did I felt David wrap his body against mine. I felt like I was falling asleep in a game of twister. Our bodies tangled together. I have never fell asleep with him and I enjoyed it. Just knowing that he was right next to me made me fell safe and I just loved it. Before I passed out I told him one last thing for the night.
“I love you so much David.”
“I love you too Brooklyn.” and with that final talk we both passed out until the morning light would wake us up.

David and I had forgot that there was school the next morning. When his grandmother walked in at five to wake me up I were shocked at first. We had got no sleep last night and we were about ready to pass out. When I got up David was still laying down so I took one of his Attack on Titan shirts, which was really big on me, and put it on. I was still wearing my leggings from the previous night. David had dropped out of his senior year this year. He told me that he couldn’t take the stress. When he finally woke up he walked over to me and hugged me tightly.
“David can bring me home for a minute I need to get my school bag?”
“Anything for you hun. Are you ready?” He answered and then asked.
“Yeah, is it okay if I wear your shirt?”
“Of course babe.” With that last sentence he grabbed his keys and we walked down stairs to put on our shoes.
When we got outside we got bombarded by a wave of cool morning air. As we walked over to his truck David stopped in his tracks.
“What’s wrong David?” I rapidly asked because I thought something was wrong.
“Brooke do you have to go to school today? I just want you to be here with me.”
“David you know I have too, but can you pick me up after track practice today?”
“Yeah and tell me if Abby hurts you again. I will take matters into my own hands with her, okay?”
“David don’t worry about it” I looked up to him smiling. I soon hopped into his track and when he started it Her Name is Alice was playing by Shinedown.
When we got to my house I sunk in through the window and grabbed my tan longboard with band sticks all over the top and bottom, my laptop, and my ouija backpack. David and I made skateboarding every morning a once a week thing. It brought us together.
“David before we go to the skatepark could we go to starbucks?” I asked him as I jumped into the truck.
“Aha yes I was thinking the same thing!” As we drove to starbucks it was 5:48am. When we got there we both ordered and once we got our coffees we headed over to the skatepark. The skatepark was old and needed to be fix up, but David and I didn’t care. We skatted until 6:53am, which is when we left.
David dropped me off at school and before he left he he leaned over to my seat and gave me a goodbye kiss.
“I love you so much Brooke. I’ll be here around four okay?”
“I love you too and okay. I will text you during my lunch period too.”
“Okay. See you later nerd.” he answered with his amazing smile and he soon drove off.
My day at school was boring until Abby found me in the bathroom. When we were in there she smashed me up against the wall and was yelling at me. She hated me and I knew exactly why. It was because I took David from her. Ever since that day David and I met she was always bullying me. She did it through social media, in person, and through text. I always tell her that I’m sorry, but she doesn’t listen. She starts rumors about me and beats me just as much as my mother does.  she’s the reason why I hate going to school. My own sister even looks up to her and because of that Bandit hates me. When lunch started I noticed that David had already texted me.
May 4 2015 12:06pm; David: Hey babe c: I love you so so much <3 <3 <3
  May 4 2015 12:08pm; Brooklyn: Hey, can u come pick me up… I don’t feel good… :c
May 4 2015 12:09pm; David: On my way.. What did she do???
May 4 2015 12:11pm; Brooklyn: Nothing.. I just don’t feel good.

When David got to my school he told the office that I had a doctor's appointment. They let me go and David brought me back to his house. When I got there I went straight up to his room and passed out on his bed knowing that he was going to ask me questions about what had happened and I didn’t want to answer. Right before I passed out I felt David crawl into bed with me and we just lay there back in our game of human twister.

When I woke up from my nap I noticed that I had a text message.
May 4 2015 3:30pm; Paige: Hey Brooke, where did u go after lunch?????
May 4 2014 4:25pm; Brooklyn: Hey srry for the late reply I was sleeping xp… David picked me up during lunch.. She got to me… :c
May 4 2015 4:31pm; Paige: K I’ll be right over.. r u @ Davids..?
May 4 2015 4:31pm; Brooklyn: Yea..
After I sent the text to Paige I woke up David telling him that she is coming.
“Hey do you mind if Paige comes over for a bit?”
“Sure.” He replied after a minute in a sleepy tone of voice.
Paige and I met years ago in third grade. We have been friends ever since. She is truly the definition of beauty. She has long brown and pink hair and gauges just like mine. She is tall and skinny. We do everything together. Without her I probably would be dead. I envy Paige in almost everywhere. Her boyfriend and her have been together for almost two years. I was the one who introduce them in the first place. His name is Brandon. He is about Davids height and is a grade higher than paige and I. Brandon also has the most adorable hair in the universe! He cuts it a lot like David’s, but Brandon’s hair is half bleached and have dark brown. Paige and I just melt over it!
Paige soon got to David’s house. When she did she ran straight upstairs and hugged me telling me that everything will be okay. She knew about Abby and because of it Abby started to bully her too. I find this so unfair and horrible. Why do people even bully? It’s f*ed up just like society is. All of a sudden I hear David tossing and turning in the back where his bed was.
“Brooke, why do you tell her everything and not me?” I could hear a tone of anger in his voice.
“I’m sorry.” I replied in a shy voice and looked down to my sockless feet.
“David, it’s not her fault. She just has known me longer. Plus you used to date her. Remember?” Paige finally spoke for me.
“I wish I never had, but seriously Brooke you can tell me anything. Okay?”
“Okay.” And with that last word Paige and I went out into the hall to talk. I told her everything that had happened that day of how Abby slammed me into the wall and how she was telling me to go kill myself. Whenever I started to talk I always got choked up and felt like I had to cry, which I ended up doing. Everyone says I cry too much, but I think it’s fine. Crying doesn’t mean you’re giving up, you do it because you have been strong for so long.
After while of just hugging, Paige and I went back into David’s room to find him watching Attack on Titan.
“Hey are you alright Brooke?” He asked as he paused the episode.
“Yeah, everything’s fine David.” I soon spoke up without crying.
“No seriously Brooke what’s wrong?” David started to demand me to answer him.
“Nothing!” I yelled back being shocked after I did. David soon got up with surprise in his eyes and walked over to me. Once he got by me I looked up to him towering me above and he wrapped his arms around me whispering sorry in my ear.

Paige soon left David and I sitting in complete silence just listening to music. Things were awkward between us that night. Something just felt different between us. About an hour of drawing David soon got up and walked over to me. He placed his arm around the back head and leaned in to kiss me. When he did I pushed away before his lips could meet mine.
“Brooke?” David said in complete surprize.
‘I’m sorry David, I’m just not in the mood, I guess.” After I said that David started to cry. I could hear the hate in his voice.
“why can’t you ever tell me anything! Brooke I love you so much, but I need you to let me help you!” I then started to cry.
“David look I’m so sorry. I just don’t want to get too close to you. I already committed myself a year to you! Do you know how hard that was for me!” He just looked at me with solid eyes.
“Brooke, you do love me right?” He said in a quiet whisper.
“Of course I do David! That’s why I have been trying harder in life.”
“Okay.” With that he walked over to me again and tried to give me another kiss. I let him this time and it felt good. It felt good to just know that he was there for me after everything I have done to him.
“Brooke you know I do love you so much, right, and that I would never let anything happen to you.” I was hesitant at first because I was scared that he was going to end up leaving me. David and I are complete opposites. We aren't the same. He is into drugs and sex, while me I never even smoked a cigarette nor have I ever came close to having sex, but I had a feeling that it was going to change.
David leaned back in when I didn’t answer him and he started to kiss me again. Pulling me closer with every gasp for air.
“Brooke, I need you to know that I love you, okay? Do you want this because if not I will stop right now.” I knew what he was referring too. He has been hinting it lately, but I never knew that this would happen now.
“Yes.” I finally replied taking in a breath. I was scared and excited. My nerves bubbling up inside me. I was body shy. No one has ever even seen me in a bathing suit. After I replied David got off of me and went into his draw pulling out a single condom. I knew what was about to happen.
David knew that I was a virgin and he took that into consideration making sure that I was okay every second of every minuet. It was awkward and amazing at the same time. The silence between us got to me, but the whole experience was something I have never felt before in my life. I wouldn’t change a thing that had happen and I’m glad I said yes.
When I woke up in the morning I was laying next to David. My arms wrapped around his warm body. He was passed out. When I got up to get ready for school I noticed that he had a text from Abby.
May 5 5:21am; Abby: Hey davy.. I miss you sm babe… :c Please come back with me and leave that f*ing suicidal freak… Please… I have something special for you if you do ;)
I instally placed David’s phone back down onto the nightstand where it had rested the night before and I got dressed. Once I was ready I woke David and asked if he could bring me to school. He just rolled over to face me and smile. When he got up he pulled me in tight and asked if I could stay home.
“Come on Brooke.” He begged me.
“David I can’t just skip a day for no reason.” I sighed.
“Just one day and I promise I will never bug you again about staying home unless you are really sick, okay?” I just looked at him and why I did he just smiled his crooked smile and he knew what I was going to say by the look in my blue eyes.
“Yay! I love you so much Brooklyn!” When he mentioned my real first name my heart melted and with that I crawled back into the warm bed and grabbed ahold of his shirtless body and hoped that everyday could be like this



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.