Forever: Part 1 | Teen Ink

Forever: Part 1

March 22, 2015
By _fish-jr_, Canton, Michigan
More by this author
_fish-jr_, Canton, Michigan
0 articles 0 photos 3 comments

Favorite Quote:
"And I still love him, I love him..." ~Lana Del Ray


Author's note:

I know this isn't exactly the best story right now, I honestly couldn't think of anything else, but I'm working on more stuff, so we'll see. This is sort of based off of my fifth-grade life, I actually did have a ntoebook with my friends. The rest of the stuff in the future parts is all fiction.

Hey peeps! Well, technically, peep. (Hey, Sheep.)
I bought this notebook for our friend-iversary, which I know is the dumbest word ever created (not by me), but I figured it was still a special occasion. Figured you would like the sparkles - it was the best one I could find at Target.
So I’m thinking we can just pass this off between classes and complain about how annoying our teachers are, and how cute the guys is walking past the door. *winks*
God, I’m such a nerd. 
Anyway, sorry if the handwriting looks messed up, I had to leave early so I’m writing this note in the car. But I love you and hope you like this present!
XOXO - Flake

LOVE the present, Flake. The sparkles are the best part. Wish there were more. Guess that’s what happens when you shop on a $10 budget.
Just kidding - you probably get a bigger allowance than me.
So I just tried copying you with the date at the top…do we write the date and time?
And yes, you are a nerd. But I still love you.
-Sheep

I’m being honest here and saying that I practically cracked up in the middle of class when you wrote our nicknames! Dude, we were so little…the memories are painful. I want second grade science again.
We don’t have any surprise pop quizzes today, do we? I didn’t study if we did.
Sorry for the short note - Watson keeps circling the classroom, so I have to pretend I’m being productive for once.
XOXO - Flake

Of course the memories are painful. We created them in second grade.
Man, what I wouldn’t give to just BLARE Ed Sheeran in the middle of class right now. I’d get in so much trouble but I have to…
You do realize the whole point of a surprise pop quiz is that nobody knows it’s coming? And even if there was, you’d be the one to know. You’re mom’s the English teacher.
GOD, YOU’RE SO STUPID, FLAKE!
(Imagine that deeper and more…drawn out. Perfect boy impression right there.)
For the record, I think we’re both nerds. :)
-Sheep

I only like this class because it’s the only one we have together.
Ugh. Math. I hate it. Kill it with fire.
Seriously, this stuff is close to impossible. If I’m going to be bestselling author when I grow up, then what’s the point of me knowing how to factor polynomials?
There is none.
You’re helping with my homework tonight, just a heads up. Otherwise I just won’t do it. (I’m such a slacker.)
Anyway, how are things from your table? Has Ben flirted with you yet? I never realized how cute of a couple you guys would make!
Answer this as fast as you can - I need something to look forward until this class is over!
XOXO - Flake

I definitely agree with you and the math. I won’t need any ratios as an actress.
You’re right - you ARE a slacker.
Something gives me the feeling that we’re gonna have another late night FaceTime study session tonight. I still do the homework, though. Maybe the reason it seems so hard is because Jennings does the worst. possible. job. at explaining this crap. Who knows.
And no, Ben hasn’t said anything to me today. You’re gross.
-Sheep

Sometimes religion seems more like a sex ed class. Is that just me? I mean, our conversations go from chicken nuggets to lust. It’s weird, but altogether an entertaining class.
Alec keeps making faces at me from the other side of the room. I’m not sure how to react to this. :(
Just a couple more minutes, and then it’s lunch. We’ll actually get to socialize, thank goodness.
Wow, for our friend-iversary, I’ve been pretty pessimistic. Sorry for killing the mood. I’m only complaining  because of the constant flashbacks.
“When I was in high school…”
Try desperately not to watch the clock. Then maybe the class will end sooner.
XOXO - Flake

Finally: a fun class.
“The Outsiders” is pretty entertaining. Honestly I didn’t expect any of this.
Don’t blow up at me: I know how much you ADORE the book. How many times have you read it so far? Three? Five?
Doesn’t matter. It’s good.

Oh, and Flake: please stop saying “friend-iversary”. It’s embarrassing. I love you an all, but just…no.
Okay, time to read. Gotta check up on the gang. Try not to make eyes at Michael. ;)
-Sheep

Shut up.
I only turn around if there’s an inside joke…so yeah, I probably turn around at least three times per day. Per class. You know, ‘cuz we’re in here twice a day.
Sometimes I think I talk too much. Do I talk too much?
Never mind, don’t answer that. I think I just proved my own point.
Any news yet about your parents going to camp? There’s always space for you at my house! Be sure to tell your mom that. Just in casual conversation.
“Yeah, so if you go to camp, I’ve kinda got plans…”
Okay, I’d better get to work on these prepositions before I get caught. She’s going for the kill as soon as she cocks an eyebrow.

Since the day is almost over I have another idea: we’ll alternate taking the book home, and we’ll keep writing in it. It’ll be like a diary that doubles as a way to pass notes! We’d just have to be careful if we bring the book to school, if you know what I’m saying. Can you imagine if Alec got his hands on this?
XOXO - Flake

Sorry I didn’t write earlier. I hate taking notes.
Guess we’re both pessimistic today. School stinks.
And you and Michael must have a ton of inside jokes… ;)
Don’t even deny it, girl, you still like him. It isn’t hard to tell.
My mom’s still on the waiting list for camp. I feel kinda bad for saying this, but I hope she’s able to go. It’d be like a week long sleepover! And I’ll have a homework buddy! :) <3
And please. I’ve already asked three times if I can stay at your place. I think she sent an email to your mom.
I’m gonna need to borrow your notes after this: I’ve already missed at least three pages, probably.
-Sheep

So, today, Lindsay bought me a notebook for our “friend—iversary”. I’ve been laughing at that all day. :)
We’ve been signing with our nicknames from second grade: she calls me Sheep (Elissa Shepard) and I call her Flake (as in snowflake - Lindsay Snow). We were so stupid as kids.
I think Lindsay might be a little boy crazy…today she’s already shipped me with Ben, admitted the TRUTH about Michael, and though Alec was flirting with her in religion. I’ve gotta keep her away from the magazines.
Sorry, Linds, I love you, but you know.
All in all, it was a pretty awesome present - I just hope the sparkles don’t fall off! They’re the crown jewel! Literally.
Okay, well, that’s the best I can do for now. I still need to finish English.
<3, Elissa

I stole the notebook from your backpack - sorry if you were looking for it.
It took me like an hour, but I finally got the math homework done. Dad helped me. Were you at play practice yesterday? That’s probably why you didn’t answer my FaceTime. Sorry if I interrupted anything.
Here’s to hoping today will be a little more bearable. And that Jennings won’t give us a huge amount of algebra homework. At least I’ll know the material for next year when I retake the class.
XOXO - Flake

You really need to stop being so salty in the mornings. Do you want me to get us both in trouble?
I don’t know anything about math, but I DO know that we won’t be taking a ton of notes in history, thank goodness. I’m surprised I didn’t get carpal tunnel. I think we’re watching videos today, so that should be pretty good.
Leila’s been bugging me all morning about the whole thing with Jacob. Has she been talking to you too?
-Sheep

If this about him flirting with her, then yes. I sit next to her in class, remember? She keeps asking me what to do.
I mean, why does Jacob even want her number? He hit on me, like, all last year. Remember, we gave him my email? He never said anything.
Oh my cod do you think Leila likes him?
(And yes, I am boy crazy - I read your entry from last night.)
XOXO - Flake

Jacob did not hit on you. He just wanted attention.
But yeah, I think it’s definitely possible that she likes Jacob. Poor thing. Jacob’s funny and all, but not the best when it comes to looks. Don’t get me wrong, he’s a great guy and all. I’m happy any time he stops us from taking notes.
Let’s try to get through math without any distractions today. I’ll keep the notebook until next class.
-Sheep

Maybe I should keep the notebook for no distractions. I kept bugging you and you never gave it to me! So I took it. Again. Haha, I’m such a thief.
Are you going to art club tomorrow? We’re almost done with our piñata. Maybe Michael and I can keep playing like we did last week. That was fun!
We shouldn’t have a quiz in literature today, right? Because we took one yesterday? Either way, I’m all caught up
Remind me - I have something SUPER important to ask you. I’ll wait till English - keep you in suspense. :)
XOXO - Flake

Flake-
I don’t have much time. The bell’s going ring any minute! DUN DUN DUNNNNN!
I’m in a really dramatic mood. I probably shouldn’t have watched Iron Man last night.
And you got me all worked up over a sleepover?! Just kidding. I’m always up for that. But I’m not available this weekend. :( We’ll work something out.
Ugh - time to take more notes. Let’s hope my arm doesn’t fall of by the end of today!
-Sheep

Today was a normal day. Which I guess is sometimes good, and sometimes bad. But things were still pretty entertaining, overall! Chelsea kept ranting about how she and Mr. Ericson could never be together, which was pretty funny. He’s 22 and she’s 14! So that part was pretty funny.
Leila was bugging me today. Jacob’s been “flirting” with her, and she’s been asking Elissa and me whether or not she should give him her number.
I honestly think it’s stupid, because he was hitting on me last year and he never emailed me or anything, but you never know.
Meanwhile, I think it’s possible that Michael might have a crush on me! He already knows I like him - It old him at the beginning of the year. (That shows what kind of a relationship we have.) Again, you never know. I hope! :) <3
I have to go and finish homework, which really stinks, but at least it won’t be hard for me to fall asleep tonight!
<3, Lindsay

Who’s the thief now? :)
Am I the only one that thinks this whole notebook is really cheesy? I love the present and all, but you know. This’ll probably end up being the BIGGEST inside joke we’ll ever have.
Did you actually do your homework last night? Sorry I didn’t answer your FaceTime - it was my parents’ anniversary, so we all went out to dinner - mm, Mongolian Barbecue. Maybe I should be the one to call you. You’re rarely ever busy, right? You have rehearsal on Mondays and Thursdays, and TRACK on Mondays and Thursdays…and piano on Tuesdays…
I guess you’re on your own for Monday and Thursday. And Tuesday.
-Sheep

I did finish my homework, no thanks to you.
Just kidding. But I did finish it. My dad helped and we joked around after we finished.
Tell your parents Happy Anniversary.
So I hear we have a sub in Algebra today? Mrs. Jenning’s “cold” must be pretty serious. I just hope it isn’t that cranky old man from a couple weeks ago. Remember him?
XOXO - Flake

You mean Mr. W.? Yep, that’s him. But he was okay when he subbed for your mom the other day. But that probably means we’re gonna have a LOAD of homework. At least today is Wednesday. Play rehearsal for me isn’t until seven, so we can finish everything early.
Hey, so your birthday is on Friday. You got any plans? I think a special birthday sleepover might be in order…
-Sheep

You mean besides the annual birthday dinner? I don’t think there’s anything special planned yet. But I know we’ll DEFINITELY be having that sleepover. We always have one for our birthdays. It’s like tradition. We can build a fort and watch movies and play Wii and listen to 5 Seconds of Summer! It’ll be awesome.
I’ll text you later tonight with the plans. You are free this weekend, right?
XOXO - Flake

Yeah, I’m free. And looking forward to 5SOS.
The only thing I like about this sub is that he probably has no idea what he’s teaching.
That sounds rude.
No, but I mean at least today we won’t have to go through another lesson. I haven’t even mastered factoring yet. How do we even do it?
Who knows. Your dad’s the math major, so you probably know more how to do it than I do.
So how’s your table? Before you ask, Ben has NOT flirted with me.
-Sheep

I don’t know it either! Trust me, if my dad and I check homework together, it usually ends in fighting. But I kind of get how to factor.
Only KIND OF.
My table’s okay. Wish I was at your, though. I mean, Austin and Kelsey are really nice, but it’s just so awkward to talk to them! I’ve got nothing against them, but that’s just how it goes with me. I usually have a hard time keeping up a conversation with people. Well, people that I barely know, you know?
God, I’m even confusing myself.
XOXO -  Flake

You can be a very confusing person sometimes.
Just kidding, still love you. And I think they’re both nice too. I still talk with Kelsey, but not as much as last year. She kinda ditched me…
But that’s okay! We didn’t exactly have a ton in common.
So I hear Emma nows ships you and Michael…wink.
-Sheep

Ugh, no, why.
So that’s Lucy, Jack, Edward, you, and now, Emma.
Why is that so popular these days?! I mean honestly. So what if I like him?
OH NO. OH NO NO NO NO. IS IT THAT OBVIOUS THAT I STILL LIKE HIM? OH MY GOD OH MY GOD HELP ME SHEEP HELP ME HE-

 

 


Bartlett took the notebook from me. :(
No but really is it that obvious?
XOXO - Flake

Don’t forget Alice. She ships it too.
I don’t think it’s SUPER obvious, it’s just cute. Not to mention that you guys have been, like, BEST FRIENDS since you met. I’m sure everybody in our grade shipped you two at least one point in their lives. It’s inevitable.

I’m planning your wedding already. :)
-Sheep

 

 

 

 

 

 

TO BE CONTINUED...



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.