Lost Love | Teen Ink

Lost Love

By Dead_Forever BRONZE, Worthington, Iowa
Dead_Forever BRONZE, Worthington, Iowa
4 articles 1 photo 1 comment

"Trying to understand the behavior of some people is like trying to smell the color 9."

"Dreams are nothing to wait for. They are something to work for."

Author's note:

Death and people with difficult lives inspired me to write this to get readers to feel what it's like to experience the pain of misery these people feel. 

My best friend Jamie has a crush on a guy that I like too. It's kind of annoying. Whenever we hang out with Chester, our crush, we always end up fighting. When we're not around him, we get along well, but we still hate each other in our heads. This is breaking up our friendship. Jamie is my only friend, and I can't bare to lose her. This weekend I'm going to Africa to help the people over there control themselves and teach them new things. My mom and dad said I have to go so I can help other 14 year olds like me. Jamie is going sky diving with her mom, Vicky because her dad is always at work and she would do something fun.
This afternoon me and Jamie are planning to hang out with Chester and not fight about him. As we went to the park to meet him, he had a girl next to him. I don't know who she was but it made both me and Jamie upset. When Chester finally saw us, he told us to come, but we glared at  him and walked away. I could hear his heart being crushed, and it was a good feeling for us. When we were walking home, I stopped and Jamie stopped too. I told Jamie how I felt about Chester getting between us and she said she felt the same way. We both hugged and made up and finally, finally we communicated.
Jamie's POV.
I missed Mickey. Liking Chester was the worst thing in my life. It separated me and Mickey. Mickey is my only friend and Mickey only has a mom. Anyways, I can't wait to go sky diving with my mom. She has a trainer that has a crush on her. It's kind of funny and disgusting. My mom loves skydiving in bright blue skies. She says it keeps her awake and amazed. Wouldn't falling keep her awake? My mom was going to go skydiving in front of a group and she was going to take me with! I might become famous!! Funny. I hope Mickey will have fun too. She deserves it, a lot.
When I meet Bill, moms skydiving partner/trainer, he seemed happy to see her, but he started getting disappointed and angry when he saw me. Did he know I was her daughter? Does he not like teens? It made me uncomfortable. "Hey Vicky, who is this young girl?" He said. "This is my daughter, Jamie. I'm going to skydive with her today, if it's OK with you....is it?" Said mom. "Oh yes, of course. A young skydiver. Impressive. Why don't I get your parachutes ladies." "Thank you" said mom. And he left.
Bill's POV.
When I saw Vicky, she looked amazing. I was so delighted until I saw a younger girl. I asked Vicky who she was and she said that her name was Jamie, her daughter. It made me angry to know she had a daughter. What if she was married? I didn't think of that when I bought the $3000 proposal ring. It made me so angry that I got out a knife and ripped Jamie's parachute so that she'd fall to her death and she won't want to live with whoever she's living with anymore. When I was handing their parachutes to them, I forgot which I sabotaged and found out it was Vicky's when she was about to jump off the plane. No!
Jamie's POV.
I was jumping off of a plane and noticed moms parachute was torn. I jumped off and tried to yell it to her but she couldn't hear me over the wind. When she pulled the string, she was falling to her death and I wouldn't let that happen. I dived for her and tried catch her but she move away, unaware that I'm trying to save her. Below, in the crowd, I saw dad yelling in fear. I couldn't bare but cry when I saw mom crash onto the ground. I landed right beside my mom facing away from her and I ran to my dad. Then I remembered Bill. He left right before she dropped. That stupid jerk! My mom died because of him.
A few days later, Mickey comes back and find out about my mom. She felt bad for me and tried to comfort me as much as she could. That afternoon, we found out Chester was expelled from school and was out in jail for killing 3 people because we rejected him. It cheered me up a bit. What cheered me up was that my dad was going to marry Mickey's mom. Me and Mickey are sisters! But the thing that keeps me down is that my mother died in the blue skies. It's always blue in the skies. I have the blues now and forever because I dread blue skies. It is marked with my moms signature. Blue skies....

My mother Emma, isn't a good cook. Most of the times when she's cooking, the fire alarm goes off. The rest of the family always criticizes her for her cooking and how she doesn't have a job. My dad goes on and on about how she doesn't have a job. My brothers play and fight, play and fight and it always ends up me being in trouble even if I didn't do anything. I hate my family and I hate my life! I honestly am locked up in my room for like the whole day just to avoid getting into trouble.
Tonight my mom had to go to a meeting with the community center to learn about medical help. She would be gone for about 6 hours. "Mom," I said. "What's going to be for dinner?" "*mom* Why don't you ask your dad Kaia Lee. He's going to make today's dinner." "Ok mom. I love you." "Love you too!" She replied. My dad wasn't the patient type of person. He just goes to work, criticizes my mom, and sleeps. He's going to be really angry now that he has to cook.
I overheard him talking to one of his friends on the phone. "*dad* man I would rather be with you Carol instead of cooking for these idiot kids. They are so frustrating, especially Kaia Lee May. She never talks to me or Luke and Jeffrey. She only talks to her stupid mother, Emma. I don't now why I married her in the first place." "*Carol* oh Mike, don't worry about a thing. If you want me to be happy, cook for the kids. Cook something that will take hours just to boil so then you can have your rest and the kids will have the food in just a few hours." "*dad*thanks Carol, I love you." *hang up*. I never thought dad would say that! I thought he was just pretending to be rude because he wants my mom to stop cooking. I went to my room and drew, I drew things that I've never drawn before, things that imply frustration. Dad walked by and we made eye contact. I gave him a deep, cold, glare and he had a confused expression on his face.
It was time for bed and dad was boiling up corn and rice. He put it on high. Dad was actually sleeping and Luke and Jeffrey were brushing their teeth. I was in bed, waiting for mom to come. But it would be 4 more hours until she came home. As soon as Jeffrey and Luke were sleeping, I went to the door of my dad's bedroom and it sounded like he was asleep. Why would dad have a girlfriend when he's already married? I was getting bored so I just drew more things that show frustration. I've been drawing for two hours and reading for 57 minutes. My mom would be here soon...
Emma's POV.
I was driving home and I noticed that Kaia Lee's room light was on. I wonder what she was doing. I went in and noticed a strange smell. I ignored it though. I was too tired to go check on something that might not be important so I just slept on the couch. I was in a deep sleep until I felt my skin being burned and smoke going into my lungs.
Kaia Lee's POV.
Smoke. I smelled smoke. I must have fallen asleep! I ran downstairs and saw the kitchen and living room on fire. MOM! She's sleeping on the couch with fire. She probably feels it but just doesn't know that it's actually happening. I run upstairs and go get dad, and say "DAD there's a fire! Hurry, wake up!"
Luke and Jeffrey heard me and the ran out of the house through the back door. Dad woke up and took his suitcase full of his stuff, went out, and drove off. Luke and Jeffrey went to the neighbors for help, but I stayed in the house to save mom.
I was careful not to burn in the fire and when I got to mom, she was dead. The only person I loved and ever talked to was my mom, and she died. I started crying and stayed in the living room. I felt someone pulling me and it was my neighbor, Tom. He couldn't get me off the couch so he called his wife. When I looked at them they saw my sadness deep in my soul, and then saw my mom. Once they got me out of the house, they got me in a mask to get oxygen and they told me that my guardians were now Tom and Sarah. They are nice but I never will love them. I love Emma and she is the only person I will love. She was killed by fire. Fire heart.

I live in Antarctica by a large river. My mom and dad are always out hunting and I'm stuck with my little sister Natalee. Natalee is 11 and she still acts like a baby, meanwhile I'm 15 and I act like myself. My mom and dad always pay attention to Natalee and never pay attention to me and when they do, they ground me for no reason! I never get to go out and explore a bit of the arctic but instead I'm stuck inside reading about water!! It's like my parents don't even care about me. I don't even love any of them, not even Natalee. She knows that and she just ignores it. "*Natalee*Donaidh I know you love me."
I was planning to go out at night and explore places near my house for a few hours. So I did and I went on icebergs to cross the huge river. There were so many animals like arctic foxes, polar bears, seals and like more! I never thought a guy like me would actually get to see something like this. It's so amazing! The sun was starting to rise and I kept going further and further into the arctic.
Natalee's POV.
Donaidh always says he doesn't love me or mom and dad, but I don't believe him. He does talk to us and he still stays with us but he doesn't cooperate with us. Yesterday he had seem very angry, but was excited to go to bed. That is not like him at all. This morning I noticed Donaidh wasn't in bed so I thought maybe mom and dad took him hunting. Mom and dad hate Donaidh even if it's their own son. He never goes out into the greater world and never communicates with them.
"Mom, dad, where's Donaidh?" I asked. "What do you mean Natalee?" Said dad. "I thought you took him hunting with you. He wasn't in bed this morning and last night he was really excited for bed." "*mom* Ben, he's run away! My baby, my son, where is he? Oh Ben we have to go save him!!" "*dad* don't worry Margaret, he's probably starting a rebellion against us to say he's his own man. He's probably just in the ice dunes behind our house to scare us. He knows strictly well that no one is aloud across the Jaxel River no matter what. He's to much of a baby to be able to do that." "*mom* Ben stop it! You don't know that! He's never spoken to us so we don't know that!" "*dad* ok Margaret I get it. I know he's your son but it will be ok. I promise. I miss him too.." I was surprised mom and dad were making such a big deal over Donaidh. All this time they never thought of him and when they did, they grounded him. But seeing them in stress this much surprised me. I even miss Donaidh. I'm 11 now so I should go too.

Donaih's POV.
I got lost an hour after the sun rose. I didn't know where to go until I remembered my footprints. I should follow my footprints. Soon I was right in front of the river, the one dad said never to go across. I noticed that the currents are really strong right now, but I had to rush home. I jumped on a flat iceberg hoping not to fall off. I didn't but the current was pushing me away. I panicked and then saw that my mom and dad were right there by the river. Natalee was there too. They were saving me. I don't know why but they were. Mom and dad jumped on an iceberg in the river and tried to come to me to get me but they weren't steady. Natalee started to get on an iceberg but she was slipping into the river. I had to save her. I couldn't let her die. I love her. I risked my life and jumped to her and knocked her on to the land. By the time I looked at mom and dad, they were dead by the edge of the river in the ice cold water. The people who never showed love to me until now died.

Me and my mom love to go shopping, so we are planning to go this afternoon. People judge me and my mom for how much we shop. They think we have a problem. Sure I only have 1220 pairs of clothes and 70 pairs of shoes but that doesn't mean we have a shopping problem. When we were leaving dad told us that him and my brother Carl are going camping. We were in the car so c'mon got out and gave my dad a kiss good luck/I love you....disgusting. When my mom was done we finally left.
As we got there, a woman named Judith came up to us and asked my mom for directions to he food court. Our city mall was huge so she really needed directions. My mom felt bad for her so she asked Judith if she wanted to go shopping with us. She said yes because she just moved here to town and my mom was one of the first people that talked to her. I think different about Judith. She doesn't seem nice but she acts like it. She doesn't seem normal but she appears like it, and she doesn't have the right tone of voice but she manages to keep it like a woman. Odd.
Judith's POV.
I moved into Louisville to assassinate the Pep's because of their good family relationship. My job is to kill and kill. I saw them at the mall when I was putting on my wool scarf. I got into a sweet, gentle character so they won't think I am an assassin. Francine believed me, but Marlene was onto me. She noticed that I wasn't a good person, so she was the first to die. Soon I'll go to the camping site, just to get to Carl and John.
Francine's POV.
I felt bad for Judith because she didn't have many friends. I wanted to make her feel like she was part of something other that a ghost to people.
Marlene's POV.
We went to Tote-Fabulous Clothes Shoppe and tried on cute clothes, commented each other with it, and actually got along. Judith requested that I should try on a pink turtle neck sweater with a blue and white designed skirt. I did and I felt sick. My skin started getting red and blotchy. My body felt bigger than my legs and head. It was signs of an allergic reaction, but there was only one thing that I was allergic to and that was wool. She set me up with wool! She's trying to kill me!
Carls POV.
I beg to go camping with dad today and tomorrow and it's going to be fun. We were planning to camp where there are less animals and poisonous plants, so we didn't bring any poison ivy rash cream or any rabies shots. I got a little concerned but dad told me not to worry so I didn't. When we arrived over there, it looked amazing. A woman with light brown hair and bright blue eyes walked up to us. She asked us if we need any help and that her name was Judith. When we told her our names she looked at dad deep into his eyes and smiled. I felt something was wrong about Judith. Anyways, dad and I walked away and set up our camping spot. Judith came over and asked us if she can stay with us. My dad agreed. It was night so we went to sleep. Judith said she had to go home. While we were sleeping, I felt something itchy on my arm. It hurt a lot so I woke up and saw poison ivy in our tent! It didn't make any sense. We would get out but we saw animals that had rabies walking around our tent. We're were going to run, just run away, but we got bit.

Marlene's POV.
The whole family suffered a lot when Judith appeared. There is something up with her. When me, dad and Carl recovered we went on a picnic in a flower field. It was really nice. Our food was passed out to us and when we took a bite, it tasted weird. Not in a normal way but different. We felt like throwing up and like we couldn't breath and we felt dead. Judith appeared and threw flower petals at us and told us that she set us up and that we are about to die. I knew from the moment I saw her she was evil, and now we are dying on flower petals.

Judith's POV.
Francine's POV.
Marlene's POV.
Carls POV.

Marlene's POV.