One Crazy Summer | Teen Ink

One Crazy Summer

By Bariza Kennedy Sunday, San Diego, California
Bariza Kennedy Sunday, San Diego, California

Author's note:

This story was inspired by my peers and a more exciting version of what we wish wummer would be like. The setting was inspired by my neighborhood and hometown.

School had just gotten out for the year and everyone had big summer plans except for Yeezus. All of his friends were going on vacation, to summer camp, or to see family for the summer but Yeezus was stuck at home until August. He had wanted to sign up for some fun summer activity like baseball camp, his favorite sport, but missed the opportunity and was now stuck at home until his mom or friends could drive him around.
    At 15, he had no car, no license and was faced with the struggle of trying to grow up while relying on his parents to get around.
Yeezus is stuck in his room with nothing to do. No one has texted him to hang out or do anything so Yeezus Just turned on his Xbox 360 and started killing zombies he got to round 12 and just lost it , he was really bored.
Life was rough, then he got an idea. He turned on his phone and called up his friend Jerry. Jerry picked up but couldn’t hangout. That kind of made Yeezus mad  because he felt like he was the only one with nothing to do. Everyone was off at camps or at the beach, but he didn’t have a ride till his mom got off work. Later one of Yeezus’s friends Billy called him and was asking if he wanted to hangout.Yeezus was really happy because someone finally wanted to hangout with him, that made him feel accepted as a friend.Yeezus said, “Yes come over.” Five minutes later Billy showed up.

Billy  got out of the car and walked up to Yeezus’s front door step and knocked. Yeezus walked out of his room feeling happy that Billy was coming over. When he opened the door Billy was standing there with a big smile on his face because he also had no exciting summer plans.   Billy walked in and ran straight into Yeezus’s room without saying goodbye to his mom.  Billy always liked going to Yeezus’s house. Not just Billy all his friends liked going to his house because there’s a lot of food and he always had new games. Yeezus’s house had a big backyard with a pool, a hot tub, and big speakers on the side walls. In the living room there is a pool table and more which made it great place for parties in past summers his friends would come by all the time to swim and hang out but not this summer. everyone was getting their licences and growing apart.
When Billy walked in he could smell fresh cookies. He headed to the kitchen to see what kind. He hoped they would still be warm; there were only two left so Billy asked Mrs.Cane.
    “Hi Mrs. Cane. It smells fantastic. Can I have those two cookies?”
“Sure you can. I’ll make you guys some more. But first you have to tell Yeezus to clean his room and then I'll make you guys some more," said Mrs Cane.
Mrs. Cane was a smart woman knowing that Billy loved cookies and would do pretty much anything for them, even clean his friend’s room. Billy walked to Yeezus’s room and told him what his mom wanted. Because Billy really wanted those cookies, he helped Yeezus out. The room was clean in about twenty minutes though that seems long to clean, for how slow these boy were cleaning it was pretty fast with cookies on the line. Billy ran over to Mrs. Cane and told her to come check the room. She came in the room and checked it, she liked what she saw.
She said, “Alright I'll go make some cookies for you guys.”
Billy was the most happy about it. While Mrs. Cane was making cookies, Yeezus and Billy  turned on the Xbox and played a couple rounds of Black Ops. They got to round 21 and died in the game and of boredom. Then, Billy remembered the cookies. He went out to the kitchen and saw a platter full of warm great looking chocolate chip cookies sitting on the counter. Billy called Yeezus over and they both ate about ten cookies each. It didn't seem like this summer was not  going to be so bad after all because one of his friends took time to make the first day of summer fun. Billy asked Yeezus to play some music. Yeezus took out his iPod and plugged it in his wireless speakers and played some songs. The first song that he chose was chillin by Wale. Yeezus really loves Kanye West, Wale,The Game Chief Keef and more. Billy asked Yeezus if he could spend the night. But first Billy had to call home and ask his parents. Yeezus had to do the same. Yeezus went into his parents room and his mom. Mrs.Cane said it’s fine with her but he has to ask his father when he gets home from work. Mr. Cane is a very tall, lean guy with curly black hair, brown eyes and a very good style. Mr.Cane works at a car dealership.

Yeezus walked back to his room and and ask Billy "Have you asked your mom or your dad yet?"
Billy said, "No I haven't yet."
Yeezus told him to call now if he wants to spend the night. Billy took out his phone and called home. Billy's mom Picked up. Mrs.Green said. "Hello"
Billy said, "Hey mom can I spend the night here?"
“Sure you can but when you get home tomorrow you have some chores to do."
“Fine,” said Billy. What time do you want me to pick you up," said Mrs. Green.
"I don't know any time," replied Billy. "Just call me tomorrow when you want to get picked up alright and tell Mrs Thanks you for me," said Mrs.green.
"Ok mom bye." said Billy
“See you tomorrow,” said Mrs.Green.
"Did she say yes." said Yeezus.
" Yeah she said its fine I just need to do some chores when I get home." said Billy.
"Oh that sucks my dad should be coming home soon," said Yeezus.   
    Billy and Yeezus went Walked out to his backyard to play some catch. A couple minutes later Mr. Cane showed up. Yeezus went over to greet his dad. Yeezus asked his dad if Billy could spend the night. Yeezus's dad said yes. Yeezus went back to the backyard and told Billy that it was fine with his dad to the night.
After dinner when it was dark and time to go to bed, Yeezus and Billy stayed up for a little while discussing what they should do for fun during their sleepover but they had to wait for Yeezus’s parents to go to sleep first. They went through some possible plans. The first one was skinny dipping on the ocean, but Billy didn’t want to walk all the way to the beach. So he thought of TP-ing someone’s house. “We should TP someone who we want to get back at,” said Billy.
Yeezus replied, “What about Jerry?”
“Why Jerry?” asked Billy, “He’s a nice guy.” Yeezus said, “Because he ditched our plans and went down to the beach to hang out with the guys from the baseball team.”
Billy said, “I’m fine that, but do you even know where he lives?”
Yeezus assured him that he did. “Yeah I do, he lives a couple blocks down the street,” replied Yeezus.
    It was time for bed and Yeezus’s mom and dad turned off all the lights in the house and went to bed.Then Yeezus and Billy waited a couple minutes and decided to go to the garage and get the toilet paper they would need. Billy was making a lot of noise bumping into things in the dark. Yeezus was worried that his parents would wake up so he told Billy to go out to the backyard and wait for him. A minute later, Yeezus came out with a duffle bag full of toilet paper rolls. He tossed the bag over the fence and him and Billy climbed the fence. When they got down they started running and started heading towards Jerry’s house and a dog started barking and that scared Billy and Yeezus. They screamed a little bit and found a spot to chill for a bit while they calmed down and caught  their breath.
    Then they walked up a steep hill and kept walking straight and found Jerry’s house.Jerry’s house had a lot of trees around it which made it perfect to TP.They were unrolling the first parts of the paper then started throwing them at the trees and any part of the house that was hanging like storm drains on the roof. When they were almost done, Yeezus’s phone started ringing. He reached in his pocket and looks at the caller ID. It was his mom calling. He freaked out and threw the phone across the lawn. Then he heard it ring again but this time he ran over to when it had landed on the lawn and answered it. He picked it up and his mom started yelling at him asking him where in the world he was and what in the world he could possibly be doing in the middle of the night. She told him to come home immediately or he would be grounded for the rest of summer. He had ten minutes to get home or else he’d be grounded. So Yeezus and Billy ran home and made it just in time to avoid being grounded. When they got home, Yeezus’s mom asked them where they had been and Billy said, “Jerry’s house, Mrs. Cane.” She then asked why they had been at Jerry’s house.
Yeezus thought on his feet and said, “We haven’t seen him in a while and we had to go say hi.”
Still mad but really tired, Mrs. Cane said,
“We’ll talk about this in the morning.”

The next morning Yeezus smelled something good; someone was making food. It smelled like eggs, and he could hear pancakes being flipped. Yeezus got up and woke Billy up, Billy seemed really tired so Yeezus just let him sleep. Yeezus went to the bathroom to brush his teeth that's when it hit him; he needed to talk to his mom about last night. He dropped his toothbrush and ran to his room and shook Billy up. Billy woke up and Yeezus told him that they would have to go talk to his mom about what happened last night. Billy started freaking out and started saying some random things.
Yeezus calmed him down but Billy was saying "What if she calls my parents?"
"Stop just chill out man," said Yeezus, "We will be fine. Let's just go out to the kitchen and grab some food come back in my room and think about it," said Yeezus.
"Okay but what if your mom tries to talk to us what do we do," said Billy.
"She won't. All we do is say good morning, smile, grab food then head straight to my room okay?” said Yeezus.
"Okay." said Billy.
Yeezus and Billy started walking to the kitchen to get some food. Yeezus got Billy and himself a plate and knife and fork. Mrs. Cane say Billy and Yeezus she said good morning to them. Billy said "Good morning Mrs.cane Yeezus didn't say anything. Then Mrs. Came started asking questions about last night Yeezus tried to leave but he knew he couldn't leave. Mrs. Cane asked Billy and Yeezus to sit down and talk to her after they get food. Billy and Yeezus made eye contact and Yeezus could tell that Billy was worried. They got some pancakes and eggs. They sat down and Mrs. Cane started talking.
"I was worried last night you guys can't just leave the house without saying anything thing. You guys could have been killed or kidnapped. I really want to know what happened last night." Said Mrs. Cane.
Billy looked at Yeezus and told Mrs. Cane everything. How they left and went down to Jerrys house to TP it. Mrs. Cane didn't look at all happy because they wasted a lot of toilet paper. “Well I'm glad you guys told me now I'll have to call Jerry's mom and tell her that you guys will be coming down later to clean up all the toilet paper,” she said.
Yeezus didn’t look so happy about it. Because he thought that Jerry deserved it.  Jerry had ditched him yesterday so he felt like he had to get him back. Later on, Mrs. Cane drove Yeezus and Billy to Jerry’s house. They got to Jerry’s house and Mrs. Cane went in to talk to Jerrys mom while Yeezus and Billy had to clean up all the toilet paper. Jerry just stood there laughing at them. Billy told jerry that it's not funny. Jerry just went inside and played some video games. 30 minutes went by Yeezus and Billy were still cleaning. Jerry kind of felt bad for them. He went back outside and started picking up toilet paper and putting it in the garbage. Yeezus saw him helping and went over to him to apologize so did Billy. Jerry said it was fine. He kind of found it funny. They were almost done and decided to take a break for a little bit.
        Billy and Yeezus went in to also apologize to Jerrys mom. She said it was fine and that they shouldn't do that again. Yeezus and Billy learned their lesson. Jerry invited them upstairs to his room. They went up to his room and played some NBA2K15. They were having a fun time laughing making fun of each other.  An hour went by and Yeezus remember they have to go back outside and finish cleaning up the mess they made. When they were done the boys went inside and said they were done.

The next day, Billy went home. Yeezus’s mom asked him if he wanted to go to the zoo with his friends.
“No thats really lame mom. The zoo isn’t fun anymore,” he said.
Then his mom kept telling him to go because he’d been doing nothing all day. She told him to call Billy and Jerry to go with him. First, he called Billy. After he asked his mom, Billy said he could go. Then Yeezus called Jerry and Jerry asked his parents and said he could go to the zoo too.They asked Mrs. Green for a ride to the zoo and she said yes.They all met at Jerry’s house to go.
    Jerry was pretty excited to go to the zoo because he loved snakes and wanted to see them in real life. Billy was pretty excited too, but Yeezus was in a bad mood and still didn’t want to go.
    When they got to the zoo, they paid for their tickets then went straight to see the snakes. The snakes were coiled up; some were moving around the cage and others were hiding in the leaves or under rocks. Jerry kept pointing out the strange looking snakes and wishing he had one of them. The snakes seemed more active than expected. They seemed to be hitting the glass a lot and some snakes were hissing and rattling their rattled tails. The boys thought nothing of it at first but later noticed other animals acting strange as well.
After the snakes, they had to walk a long way to see the lions.They got to the lions and they saw a couple huge lions pawing the glass enclosure. They were roaring more than any of the boys had ever seen before. The boys felt like they were watching the Discovery Channel. Jerry, Billy, and Yeezus started to get nervous and so did some other zoo guests. They didn’t feel comfortable around the zoo so they headed down to the monkeys next.
After another long walk, they got to the big monkey exhibit. The monkeys were always making a lot of noise. Every monkey in the exhibit was yelling and screeching unlike any of the boys had seen before.The boys were annoyed by the consistent loud noise when they heard an announcement over the loudspeaker. A zoo official said, “All guests, please go to the zoo exit. The animals have been acting strange and we need everyone to leave for the day. We will be closing early today.” Everyone started to leave very confused. They boys didn’t want to leave so they started to head back to the polar bears exhibit. They saw that the polar bear was acting up too. He was making loud snarling noises. At that point, they knew something serious was going on with the animals.
Billy was scared and said, “Guys I don’t feel comfortable with everyone running out of the zoo and we’re the only ones going back in. I think we should leave with everyone else.”
Yeezus said, “No we need to stay and figure out what’s going on with these animals.
A zoo keeper saw them by the polar bear and yelled, “You kids need to get out of here. It’s not safe right now.”
Billy started to run toward the exit with Jerry stood there staring at the zoo keeper. Yeezus asked the zoo keeper what was going on.
The keeper said, “There’s nothing wrong, the animals are just all acting up. They’ve been caged for a long time but you guys really need to leave. I don’t want you guys getting hurt in case anything serious happens.”
So Yeezus and Jerry started walking back and called Billy and asked where he was.Billy was with everyone else, but Jerry and Yeezus couldn’t find him in the crowd of people. Jerry and Yeezus started to freak out because they lost Billy; they knew they’d be in a lot of trouble in any of their parents found out. Jerry called Billy’s phone over and over but Billy wouldn’t pick up.They gave up calling Billy’s phone and started looking through the crowd for him.They still couldn’t find him. Billy all of a sudden called Jerry back.
Jerry immediately answered and said, “Where are you?! We need to go home now. Meet us by the huge elephant topiary.”
Jerry and Yeezus got to the bush and waited for Billy. 10 minutes late, Billy showed up. They all started hugging because they were scared they’d lost him and Billy was scared that he’d gotten lost.Then, Jerry called his mom to pick them up.
When Jerry’s mom got there, they jumped in the car and quickly closed the door. Jerry’s mom asked what was going on and all the boys started talking at once; she couldn’t understand them. She told them to all calm down and for one of them to talk at a time. Then Billy spoke up and said, “The animals were acting up and it was strange. The zookeepers told everyone to leave.” He told how he got lost and separated because he was the most freaked out and ran out when they told everyone to leave the zoo.
At the end, Billy, Jerry, and Yeezus were safe. Even though they had been a little scared, Billy and Jerry still wanted to know what was going on with the animals and wanted to go check it out. But after Jerry’s mom heard the story, she told Yeezus’s parents about it. Both their parents wouldn’t let them go back until everything had calmed down and the zoo was reopened. Thats when Yeezus and Jerry had the crazy idea to go back to the zoo on their own on another day when their parents had forgotten about the zoo incident.

Jerry, Billy, and Yeezus decided to go to the beach. They brought a football, some chairs, and a couple towels. They looked around for people they know. They saw a big group of teenagers so they headed that way. They found a few people they knew. A couple of the guys were playing football and Jerry seemed interested so he went over to join the game and invited Yeezus and Billy to play too. They played for a while with the group of people and they got really hot and sweaty so they decided to jump in the water.
They played in the water for a while and got back out and went to the sand after they go tired. They opened their folding beach chairs and sat down with everyone else. They started talking with the other people and Yeezus brought up what happened the other day with the animals at the zoo. Some people had also heard that the animals were freaking out in a way. The three boys said they were there when it happened and told the story of what happened. Some people were curious and wanted to find out more of what had happened and others didn’t seem to care.  It was getting pretty hot outside. 

They just laid there and talked and played some more then went in the water. They spent the whole day there. Then Jerry called his mom to pick them up. Jerry asked them if they wanted to spend the night. Jerry’s mom arrived 10 minutes later. In the car jerry asked his mom if Yeezus and Billy could spend the night. Mrs. Green was fine with it. Billy and Yeezus later on had to call there parents and asked if it was chill for them to spend the night. Billy's mom said yes but told him Jerry's mom needs to call him first. Yeezus mom was fine with it as long as they don't do anything stupid like last time. Yeezus told Jerrys that his mom was fine with it. When they got to Jerry's house the Billy asked if he could take a shower jerry said it was fine but he needed to hurry up so that Yeezus and him could also take a shower. While Billy was in the shower Jerry and Yeezus went upstairs to Jerry's room. Jerry turned on some music and just sat in his room talking to Yeezus. Yeezus was tired of waiting for Billy to finish taking a shower.
He went over to the bathroom and knocked on the door and yelled. "Get out its my turn to shower." Billy said, "Just wait a minute I'll be done soon."
Five minutes later Billy gets out of the bathroom. “That was one of the best showers I've taken this summer."  Yeezus replied, “You’re dumb dude it's only been two days of summer so far." 
Yeezus got in the shower and Billy went into Jerrys room and wanted to play some video games. Jerry told Billy after Yeezus gets out of the bathroom and he takes a shower there going to watch a movie. Yeezus came out of the bathroom all done and told Jerry that he could go in and shower up. Jerry goes in and takes a long shower. Yeezus and Billy started banging on the door yelling at him to get out and pick a movie. Jerry finished then he asked his mom if she could make some food for them. His mom made them some pasta with red sauce and bread the boys enjoyed it. Later on when it got dark they went into the family room and turned on the tv Yeezus and Jerry wanted to watch This Is the End Billy never saw it before so he was willing to watch it. Jerry turned on the tv and went on Netflix to look for it. Yeezus went into the kitchen to pop some popcorn. Jerry yells into the kitchen warning Yeezus that the movie was about to start. It took about 2 minutes for the popcorn to finish. Yeezus found a big bowl and poured the hot popcorn in the bowl and rushed to sit on the couch. Mr. Green came down from his room and told the boys to keep it down and not to stay up too late.
     Jerry replied back,  “Its only 8:30 dad and I got it.  We won't be up that late and we will keep It down and if anything happens it's on me."
     “Okay good that's what I like to hear son."said Mr.green.   “Goodnight guys.”
      The movie started, Yeezus was just laughing his head off. Billy was cracking up once in awhile but he seemed kind of scared.
     Jerry leaned over to Yeezus and said,  “Look at Billy dude. He seems kind of scared lets scare him later."
    "Okay said the movie went on there was more laughter and screams. At the end of the movie the boys were all going to sleep. They walked up to Jerry's room.Billy slept on this one of the air mattress and Yeezus slept on the other. They all went to bed and an hour later Yeezus woke Jerry up and went downstairs to the kitchen to plan out how to scare Billy. Yeezus kind of felt bad for Billy But Jerry thought it was funny. So Jerry thought if they walked upstairs and whispered Billy's name it would freak him. Out. Then Yeezus added on to it and asked if Jerry has a mask. Jerry had a werewolf mask in the garage. They went to the garage it took them awhile to find the mask because Jerry forgot where he last put it. They finally found it.
Yeezus was really anxious to put on the mask. Yeezus put on the mask and wanted to look in the mirror to see what he looked like. Jerry  had it all planned out. The plan was that Jerry was going to go up to his room and start making weird noises then whisper Billy's name then at this point Billy will wake up and ask what's going on. Then that's when Yeezus jumps in with his mask and scares the crap out of him. They did as planned Billy got really scared and peed his pants. Jerry's parents woke up and ran to Jerry's room. They found Yeezus with a mask and looked at Billy. Mr. Green asked why is Yeezus wearing a werewolf mask and also why is Billy's pants wet he looks scared. Aww poor kid are you okay said Mrs.Green. Yeezus and Jerry were in trouble. Mr. Green told them to go to bed and this will be dealt with in the morning. The next morning Yeezus, Jerry, and Billy were woken up for some breakfast. It seemed early to them but it was 11:35. They all woke up and went into the kitchen. There was pancakes eggs and sausage. The boys were pretty happy. They went to the kitchen and ate and drank some orange juice. Jerry felt bad for for Billy. It was kind of messed up what they did to him.  

Yeezus and Jerry apologize to Billy but still laugh about scaring him because it was kind of funny. Then Billy gets a call from his parents saying that he needs to be home soon to take care of Tommy and Mr. and Mrs. Green overheard him talking about babysitting Tommy. They told Jerry and Yeezus they should go help him out. Then they go picked up by Billy’s mom and got dropped off at Billy’s house. They got some instructions on what to do with Tommy like when to feed him.
Tommy is an annoying six year old who has temper issues  and if he doesn’t get his way he starts whining and tries to find a way to get it. Billy’s parents left for the dinner. As soon as the car rolled away, Tommy started asking for ice cream but Billy said no because he hadn’t eaten dinner yet. Then he started freaking out. He climbed up on the counter and opened up the cabinet and started throwing glasses at the ground. Billy went over to him and got him down from the counter and started yelling at him.
After Billy had calmed down,  Tommy asked Billy if he could walk the dog and Billy said, “No, you’re too young to walk the dog plus the dog is twice your height.”
Tommy started whining and crying then he got Billy’s phone and hides it from him in his room. Tommy went to the front door, opened it and ran up the street. Billy was in the kitchen making ramen for tommy.  when he was done, he told tommy that his food was ready but didn’t hear a response. Billy asked Yeezus and Jerry if they had seen Tommy but they both said no. They all started searching the house for him but couldn’t find him. Then Yeezus noticed that the front door was open and ran outside and saw Tommy walking up the street and Billy ran over to Tommy, grabbed him and started yelling at him. Tommy stared crying. Billy reached in his pocket to get his phone to call his parents but it wasn’t there so he went back to the house and called his parents on the home phone. Later on, his parents checked their phone and saw that they had a few missed calls from the house. They called back and Billy picked up the phone and answered. Billy’s mom said that they were on their way home.Ten minutes later, the parents walked into the house and saw that it was a mess with the pillows everywhere and pieces of glass from when Tommy threw the glasses on the ground.
Billy’s mom asked what happened and Billy said, “Tommy had one of his little break downs.”
His mom looked at Tommy and tommy started crying and making up stuff about what happened. He said that Billy was chasing him and he got scared and started throwing glass.His parents were disappointed in Billy. Even though Billy knew it was a lie, he decided to keep his mouth shut because he knew his little brother would keep making things up. Yeezus and Jerry were sent home and Billy the next day was grounded for a week.

The next day Billy was still grounded and couldn't find his phone. He had to stay inside and do chores every day and couldn't hang out with Jerry and Yeezus or anyone. Jerry called Yeezus and ask if he wanted to go to RIDELAND. RIDELAND is a huge theme park 30 minutes away from Yeezus's house. Yeezus ask his mom if she could take them to the park. She said she needs to clean the house first. Yeezus called Jerry and told him to head over to his house and from there his mom will take them. Five minutes later Jerry shows up. Yeezus let him in Jerry was ready to go but Yeezus's mom was still cleaning. Yeezus and Jerry were waiting for awhile and Yeezus got inpatient. He walked over to his mom and told her to hurry up. Yeezus's mom told him she'll be done in five minutes. Five minutes went by and she actually was ready to go. She opened the garage and got into the black Tesla. She turned on the care and drove out of the driveway.

They were finally on the road it took awhile but they made it to RIDELAND Jerry and Yeezus got out of the car. Mrs. Green rolled down the wind and told Yeezus to call her when they are done and gave Yeezus some money. Yeezus and Jerry got their tickets and walk into RIDELAND the place was huge full of crazy ride all over the place.  Jerry and Yeezus went on a couple rides and enjoy. Jerry and Yeezus were hungry and went over to the food court. As they were walking towards the Food Court, Jerry got hit in the back of the head by something. Jerry looked back and saw Sanchez and his gang. Sanchez Had been bullying Jerry for a long time ever since fifth grade Jerry still doesn't know why Sanchez doesn't like him .Sanchez Alway takes Jerry’s backpack and takes everything out of it and puts it in the trash and sometimes pushes him to the ground  . Sanchez threw another hot dog at Jerry's had Sanchez and his gang started laughing.Jerry got mad and told Him to stop. One of Sanchez's friends came up to Jerry and pushed him down. Yeezus  step in and try to help Jerry then he got pushed to the ground to Sanchez's came in and started kicking Jerry and Yeezus got up and pushed Sanchez and one of Sanchez boys came in and punch Yeezus then the whole gang came in. A man saw what was going on and yelled at group and they ran away.  Yeezus and Jerry where happy the guy came to help them.

Jerry and Yeezus went home and Yeezus’s parents asked what happened to them when they saw that both boys had black eyes and a bloody nose.Yeezus’s mom asked them to go wash the blood off themselves and and made them some snacks to make them feel better. She told them to tell her what happened.
    They told her exactly what happened and she wanted to do something about the bullies but Jerry and Yeezus told her not to. She said, “Fine, I’ll let that one go but the next time you get bullied by those guys I’m getting the cops involved.” Yeezus knew that she was serious when she said that.
    The next day, Yeezus’s parents and Jerry’s parents asked them if they wanted to go to Disneyland but the boys didn’t want to go without Billy, who was still grounded, so they decided to save it for another time.
    Jerry went over to Yeezus’s house for a swim because Yeezus’s pool was bigger and more fun than Jerry’s was. After swimming for half an hour, the boys got bored. Then thats when Jerry thought of a good idea. He asked Yeezus if he wanted to make a diving board for the pool. Yeezus thought it was a good idea and knew that they had a lot of wood in the garage that they could use. So the boys, without telling the parents, went into the garage and made a small diving board. It was made out of a long skinny but strong looking piece of wood that was leftover from making their fence around their yard.
    They put the piece of wood by the pool and held the end of it firmly against the cement to steady it. Jerry, who only weighs one hundred and ten pounds, stepped on the diving board and tried to jump off of it. As he jumped, the wood split and cut his leg as he fell into the water. The water turned red and Yeezus immediately freaked out and jumped in the water after him. Yeezus grabbed Jerry and swam up to the surface with blood surrounding him. It looked like they were in the middle of a shark attack. Yeezus lifted Jerry up to the side of the pool and got out.
He ran into the house and called his parents. He tried to talk to his mom but couldn’t get any words out because he was freaking out and out of breath. His mom told him to slow down and breathe. Then he cooled off a little bit and told his mom that Jerry was outside and hurt.
His mom ran outside to the backyard and saw Jerry on the cement holding his leg and saw the pool full of red. She went over to Jerry and looked at his leg and there was a gash in it spewing with a lot of blood. Yeezus’s mom called Jerry’s mom to come over and take him to the hospital.
Jerry’s mom rushed down and took him to the hospital. He got stitches in his leg and Yeezus learned his lesson not to make anything without his parent’s approval or help.

Billy finally got ungrounded and heard what happened to Jerry. He went over to Jerry’s house and called Yeezus to come over. They all were making jokes, laughing and playing games to cheer him up and keep him company.
    Jerry’s mom told them to come down stairs and watch TV for a little bit and let Jerry rest. Jerry didn’t like being cooped up inside and wanted to sneak out. Yeezus took Jerry’s wheelchair with them and snuck out when Jerry’s mom wasn’t looking.
    They got outside and sat Jerry on his wheelchair and ran off with him. They went around to a park by Jerry’s house and chilled there for a bit, Yeezus had an idea. They should go look for hills and push Jerry down it. They found a good size hill. Billy would push Jerry down it and Yeezus would run after him and stop him. They pushed him down it for a little bit then Jerry wanted to find a hill that leads into a patch of grass. They went around looking then they found the perfect hill with grass at the end. Billy wanted too. They set Jerry down on the ground. Then Yeezus and Billy walked up the hill. Billy sat down in the wheelchair and Yeezus pushed him down it. Billy ran straight into the grass and fell of the wheelchair. Yeezus took a turn at it too. Then Yeezus wanted to try it with two people. Billy knowing that it was a bad idea voted himself out of it. They all knew it was a bad idea. Jerry got put back on the wheelchair and pushed back up the hill. Yeezus sat on Jerry's lap. Billy pushed them down the hill. Everything was going fine until until Yeezus leaned over to his left a bit. They tipped. Yeezus went flying of the wheelchair and fell really hard on his right arm. Jerry was still in the wheelchair he got cut up. Billy ran down to check on Jerry.
Then he heard Yeezus screaming his head off, "I THINK I BROKE MY ARM!” yelled Yeezus as he called for help.
Billy still didn't have his phone because his little brother hid it somewhere in his home. He ask  Jerry where is phone was. Jerrys told him he left it home. So Billy had to flip Yeezus to his back and dug in his pocket and found his phone. He called Yeezus's house first. Yeezus's mom picked up. When she heard the news she rushed down to get Yeezus. Yeezus was still laying there screaming. Yeezus's mom ran over to Yeezus and told him he will be fine to just calm down a little. Mrs. Came asked what they were doing out here and Billy told her everything. She got angry and told Jerry to call his mom. Jerry’s mom heard the news and was disappointed in Jerry. Jerry went home and rested Billy had to go home and Yeezus was rushed to the hospital. The next day jerry called to check in with Yeezus. Yeezus's was fine he got a cast and needed to rest for s day. Yeezus asked if his family wanted to go to Disney land they where able to. Yeezus ask his mom to call Billy's parents too. She called them and they were able to go too.  Billy's mom told Mrs.Cane that Billy found his phone so Yeezus can text or call him now. All three friends just stayed home and relaxed and didn't cause any problems. The next day all three family's went on a trip to Disneyland it took them 3 hours to get there. It was a hot day out. They went on and payed to get in. When they got in the Yeezus's mom told the boys they could go on there own but they had to stick together and not cause trouble. They got done more institutions and went on with there day. The boys went from ride to ride. Some of the lines were long but they didn't really care.
They were kind of hungry they met with there parents and had lunch. As they were eating Jerry overheard a family by them talking about something about animals escaping the zoo and roaming around. Yeezus, Billy and Jerry knew it all along. Jerry without his phone and looked on the news and read about it. Animals at the zoo have escaped and have been roaming around. Be aware of your kids and your pets. Billy told Jerry to put his phone away and enjoy the day.
The boys went off and went on more rides. At the end of the day as they were driving home they kept seeing animals running around all crazy. Traffic was bad.    Everyone was trying to go home and also trying to not get killed by lions and elephants and monkeys. Yeezus was starting to freak out. People started getting out of their cars and running. Yeezus called jerry and asked him if he's seeing all this. Jerry was freaking out too he could see Yeezus's car a couple cars ahead of him. There was too much cars on the freeway and animals going crazy. Cars started moving Yeezus's mom when she saw an exit she took it and sped out of there. Billy's parents and Jerrys parents all did the same. They all got home safely Jerrys mom turned on the Tv and turned on to the news. They were saying that the animals at the zoo have expected and people should lock their doors and turn of the lights and make no noise.
Yeezus sent out a text to Billy and Jerry he told them to meet him by the park near Jerry's house. They all met up and talked. Billy knew that there was something out there lurking around. There was a screaming nearby the house then heard gun shot. The boys got scared. Then out of nowhere a gorilla came running straight to Billy. Billy freaked out and started running. Yeezus picked up a rock and threw it at the gorilla. The gorilla turned around and charged straight for Yeezus.
Then there was a gunshot. The gorilla fell down. A police officer came out of the dark.
“Hey boys get on out of here before yall get done fo.”
“Na fool we trying to save the world.”
“Get on out of here, Actually here wait.” He went to his car and got some guns and knifes. “Here take this you're going to need it.
and told the boys to go back home and to stay out of the streets. Knowing the boys wouldn't listen to him he went back to his car and grabbed a couple knifes and some guns and gave them to the boys. They were shocked that he actually gave them this stuff. The officer told the boys to be careful but at the same time have fun. The boys went out killing animals left and right. Guts flying everywhere, all the animals were killed with the help of the police and a couple kids.
The next day everyone was talking about it. Yeezus's parents, Billy's parents and Jerrys found out that they snuck out to go fight some animals. They were not upset because they were actually saving people's lives. But they were mad that they used guns so they got grounded for two weeks. But other then that the boy's summer went well. And they couldn't wait for school to start so they could tell others about it.