the perfect imperfect life | Teen Ink

the perfect imperfect life

Dear, Teen ink I’m submitting this story that’s about a group of friends that lost one of their friends, the friends are very upset and don’t know who could of done this to their friend Liz. The story is written in first person by Jenny, who was very close to Liz. The story takes you on their two day journey after loosing their friend and everything that happened before Liz died. Thank you for taking the time to read my story. Sincerely, Karla

“Live every moment like its your last”. That’s the first thing that came to mind this morning when I got the news. Last night was supposed to be fun. Nothing but fun, it wasn’t supposed to end like this. Who could of done this to her? I hear a knock on the door and slowly the door opens. I sit up on resting my back on the headboard. Daniel walks in his eyes are red and they don’t have their usual glow that I like so much.

“Hey how you holding up? Sorry I didn’t come earlier I needed some time alone.” He said as he sat at the corner of my bed reaching for my hand.
I want to say that I’m fine, but that’s a lie, and the words don’t come out of my mouth. I feel my eyes getting watery and the tears start rolling down my cheeks. He comes closer and hugs me which just makes things worse and I cry even more. I put my head on his shoulder and hug him tight.
“Who could have done this to her, we shouldn’t have left her alone.” I say trying to wipe the tears of.
He puts my face between his hands wiping the remanding tears with his fingers
“ They’re going to find out who did this to her and there’s no way we could’ve known that this was going to happen.”
I found out Liz was murder this morning when Martha, our house keeper,woke me up and told me Mr. Reed was on the phone. Mr. Reed is Liz’s grandfather, he told me she was found dead in her room this morning. That’s all he said, before I could say anything he hung up.
“Have you talked to Nate and Arianna?”
“Yeah, we are meeting at Arianna’s place” he says.
I open my closet and choose something simple to change out of my pajamas. As I’m changing, I remember how much Liz loved fashion. She would help Arianna and I pick out outfits.Its getting cold in New York so I put on my coat and boots. Arianna lives ten minutes away,so we decide to walk. I think we decide to walk not to get some exercise in but to have some more time to take it all before we see them. We don’t say anything the whole way, I cant even look up without my eyes getting watery. I remember walking these streets with Liz, talking and laughing. I just cant get it through my mind that she’s gone. How could she be gone? I saw her a couple hours ago. I have so many questions but for now does questions no one can answer. I’ve never felt this kind of pain before. Its not the kind of pain you can explain but you know its there. All I want to do is scream and cry and ask god why he took her so soon. She had a whole life ahead of her. The walks seem longer than usual. When we get to Arianna’s building the doorman opens the door.
“ I’m sorry for your loss” he says putting his head down.
“How does he know?” I ask
“Its all over the news.”
“That fast?”
“She’s the granddaughter of the governor.”
We head towards the elevator and head to the top of the building. Arianna lives in the penthouse, her dad owns the building. Arianna and I met when we were little.Our parents became business partners and Arianna and I started going to the same school. Then we met Daniel, Nate and Liz in fifth grade they were the new kids. Ever since then we’ve all been friends. The elevator doors open and we walk in. Nate and Arianna are sitting across from each other in the living room. They get up and we walk towards them. Nate’s been crying I can tell because when he crieshis eyes get a deeper blue. I’ve only seen him cry once, in fifth grade when he lost his soccer game. He looks tired and he’s wearing the same clothes as yesterday. I’m guessing he crashed here last night but his plan wasn’t to crash on the couch. Him and Arianna have a history of being; let’s just say too friendly with each other. Arianna’s eyes are red and swollen her hair is in a messy bun, but even like this she’s still look’s beautiful. She’s the sensitive one in the group; Liz wouldn’t cry instead she would drown her self in alcohol. The guys didn’t cry well at least not around us I’m sure they broke down ones in a while. And me I would try to keep it all in for when no one was around but I couldn’t keep it in today, none of us could.
We all stood in the living room staring at each other looking at the pain in our eyes. Remembering our best friend the one who brought us together. Arianna started crying and then the tears kicked in on me but the guys kept it all in. I wonder how they did that pretend to be so strong when you’re dying inside. Arianna stretch her arms towards me and hug me. She hugs me tight and began to cry even more. Her crying was contagious and I began to cry. When we let go I walk towards Nate and hug him and Arianna did the same with Daniel. We all need each other today more than ever. I think today it finally hit us that no one has their life secured which for us was hard to remember since our lives’ seem secure. We already know our parents will give us their companies the house in the Hamptons. Along with everything else they once own. We didn’t have to worry about anything.
‘“Have you heard anything on the investigation?” Daniel asked Nate
“The news said that she was found strangled to death in her room”
I let out a gasp. Who could be so cruel to have done something like this.
“And no one heard her scream?” I said.
“ Guess not, the cleaning ladies found her this morning in her room”.
“Who could of done this to her” Arianna asked.
That’s the question we all had, who was the person that killed our best friend?
“Liz wasn’t the friendliest or nicest person you know that, she had a lot of people who didn’t like her” Nate said with a flat voice
It’s true she wasn’t the friendliest but now was not the time to say that. Arianna stayed quite and look down.
“ I’m sorry I didn’t mean to say that but we have to be realistic”
We all stay quite not knowing what to say next. A few moments later Arianna broke the silence.
“ Come on,let’s eat something.” Her voice sounded so brittle
We all follow her to the kitchen, and breakfast was waiting for us. It was more like brunch because it was noon.
“ I love it when your mom cooks.” Daniel said sarcastically. We all give out a little laugh. This was something Liz would always joke about. None of our mom’s knew how to cook. We all had cooks at our houses that would cook for us. I didn’t realize how hungry I was until I saw the food. We all put the same thing on our plates omelets and French toast. The pancakes and scrambled eggs were left untouched. Liz was the only one that would get pancakes, she loved to stack them up and pour as much syrup as she could. I still don’t understand how she was so skinny when she ate so much. And exercise was not the answer, she hated exercising. The only times she wouldn’t complain about walking was when we were walking down fifth avenue shopping. We sat down at the round glass table, we all love to sit there. The table had an amazing view it was by huge windows that would have and amazing view of the city. For a moment I zoned out looking at the city and enjoying as much of the view as I could. My mind went blank, that’s exactly what I needed right now to forget everything. I snapped out of it when Daniel started talking
“Where are your parents Arianna?”
“ They went to give their condolences to Mr. Reed”
“So are mine.” He responded.
I can’t even imagine what Mr. Reed must be feeling right now. Mr. Reed was more than a grandpa to Liz,he was a dad to her. He raised her; her mom wasn’t around most of the time. Her dad left after her mom got pregnant. At least that’s what Liz told us. People would say that’s why she went from guy to guy, trying to feel the love of a man because her dad never loved her. None of us thought that was true, her grandpa loved her and she knew it. “A dad is not the one who makes you but the one who raised and took care of you” Liz would always say.
“Mine are too” Nate said
“Are yours over there too jenny?”
“ No they left to Paris yesterday.”
“ Do they know what happen, what about Eric,is he in the city?”
“ I don’t think so, they haven’t call, and no he’s still at boarding school I haven’t called him.”
My brother got sent to boarding school last year. My parents thought it would be better if he spend some time away thinking about his actions. He started to rebel last year and my parents dint want to deal with it so they sent him away. But they would never admit they dint want to deal with it they said he needed time away from all the bad influences he had. Sending him away wasn’t going to make anything better it was just going to make it worse. I didn’t want him to go but I couldn’t do anything to help him. I wonder how he would take the news he was close to Liz too. Ill call him later I can’t talk about it without crying.
Arianna was going to say something but got interrupted by the ringing of her phone. She got up walked to the kitchen counter and answered it. It was a quick phone call all she said was okay send them up and hung up. She walks back to the table and looks at us. She scare I can tell her eyes shows fear. Nate stands up pushing his chair back and stands next to her.
“What happened, who was that?”
“It was the front desk they said the police are here, they want to talk to us.”
“ Why are you so worried then?” Daniel said
“What if they think we killed her, what are we going to tell them about what we were doing last night at her house?” Arianna responded.
“They have to talk to everyone who was close to her and were going to tell them the truth we have nothing to hide”
“ Oh so were going to tell them yeah we were with her last night smoking pot drinking not giving a care in the world”
“Yeah that’s exactly what were going to tell them, it wouldn’t be the first time getting caught doing that”
“ And how did that turn out I’m not getting sent to boarding school again.”
“Alright calm down you two nothing is going to happened to us because we dint do anything to her”
“ And we have no other choice but to say the truth” Daniel said
“ I f we lie we will get in more trouble and its not like our parents think were saints anyways.” I said
I remember last night perfectly none of us got too high to forget. Last night we went to Liz’s house and smoked pot that’s all we did. We had to put wet rags on the fire alarms so we wouldn’t set them off and spray a lot of air freshener in Liz’s room. We were there for a couple of hours but she told us we had to go, because she was going to see someone she had unfinished business. None of us asked who it was we all assumed it was one of the guys she messed around with. Whoever she saw that night killed her. I wish I would have asked her who she was going to see. We hear the elevator door open. We all get up and walk to the living room. Two short white men come in,one is wearing a long gray coat and has an intimidating face. The other one has his coat on his arm and is wearing a black suit unlike his partner he looks friendly. These men look more like Wall Streetbusinessman than detectives. But, they still wouldn’t blend in with those cheap looking suits and coats. They obviously don’t get paid enough to invest in some good suits. I don’t know why I’m focusing more on their clothes rather than focusing on the investigation.
“Hello my name is detective Harris, and this is my partner, Detective Thomas.”
Detective Harris shakes our hands while his partner Thomas stays quite and sits on the couch. His hands are warm and surprisingly soft for a man. We sit down and wait for the detectives to start asking questions.
“We would like to talk to you about your friend Liz.” Harris says.
“Can you tell us what happened last night? You guys were the last ones to see her according to the front office man”
“ We weren’t the last ones to see her because we didn’t kill her. Obviously that front office guy lied. He probably got paid by the killer to not say anything, they need to make his pay higher” Arianna snap.
Nate put his arm around her as a signal that she needed to calm down. She’s making us all look more suspicious that’s the last thing we need.
“We are not saying you guys killed her. From what I’ve heard, you guys are very good friends with her. I’m sorry for your loss but we aren’t the bad guys here. We are trying to find the bad guy”
“Well you guys are looking in the wrong place”
I swear if Nate doesn’t shut her up I will. I just want to get this interrogation over with but she wont shut up .I know this though shouldn’t cross my mind but she’s innocent why is she worrying so much. I don’t even know what I’m thinking Arianna is just nervous that’s why she’s acting like this I mean she’s always very stubborn.
“The autopsy reveal that she had drugs in her system.” Detective Harris.
“ We were all smoking pot last night.” I said with a very calm voice.
“ Last night was supposed to be fun her grandpa wasn’t in the city and she wanted to have some fun like we used to.s” Nate said looking at detective Ruiz who was writing down something quickly.
Liz did want us to bond like old times. We would go party and do things to try and forget how unperfected our perfect life’s where.I think that one of the things that kept us together was having the same kind of lives. People out side of our little world think that we have perfect lives. They think how nice it would be to have everything you want whenever you wanted. But all those things come with a price and that price is not having your parents with you when you need them. Looking for other things to fill the emptiness inside of you. Not believing in love because we have never felt it.
There comes a time when no matter what you buy it will not make you happy. It will please you for a moment knowing that you have it but then that pleasure will fade away. That’s why in this world there is no happiness there’s only pleasure and everyone finds it in different things. But when all of us where together we actually felt happy. We cared about each other and no matter what happened we would be there helping one another. Unlike our parents who tried to fix everything with money. Oh we dint make it in time for Christmas let me make it up to you by sending something expensive. It was all money moneymoney. The only time we actually got in trouble was when we showed up to Nate’s parents fundraiser drunk and made a fool of our parents. Arianna got sent to boarding school for a semester. Daniel got cut off for a few months. Liz got checked into a clinic for alcoholic’s that helped her stop drinking but she started doing worst things. Nate got sent to live with his aunt in Miami, which he did not mind at all. And me I had to go from school to home and home to school. It actually felt kind of nice to see our parents care but then again the only reason they cared is because we made them look like fools in front of their friends. They only reason they had children was probably so there names and companies would survive. They couldn’t even raise us themselves we had nannies taking care of us. We even spend holidays with them because our parents weren’t in the city.
The detectives were taking notes as we talked and would give each other looks like if they dint believe our story. They probably though we were some messed up rich kids and they were right.
“Liz said we had to go because she was going to see someone she had unfinished business with” I said cracking my knuckles
“Did she say who?” detective Ruiz said.
“No”
“Do you guys know who it could have been, was she dating anyone?”
“No, we don’t, and as far as we know she wasn’t dating anyone” Daniel responded.
He seemed annoyed and he wasn’t the only one. I just wanted to go home and take a long nap. Hoping that when I woke up this would all be a nightmare.
“Did Liz have any enemies, people that didn’t like her?” detective Harris asked
“ Yeah Liz wasn’t very friendly to others” Nate responded
“Who could have a motive big enough to this to her?”
“I don’t know. People are crazy now a day. Liz was mean but never to the point where you wanted to kill her.”
“ Can you guys give me some names?” Detective Ruiz asked.
“ Too many to name mostly girls tho.” Nate responded.
“Girls at school?”
“Yeah not all of them or girls who’s boyfriends she hooked up with.”
We all looked at Nate we knew he was an honest person but Liz is dead and he’s talking bad about her like its nothing.
“I’m sorry guys but I’m just trying to help them with the investigation.”
“Doesn’t mean you should talk about her like she was a slut” Arianna snapped at him.
“He’s asking about motives why someone would do this to her and I’m responding with the truth”
“ cant imagine how you would talk about me if I was in her place”
Nate tried to reach for her hand but she jerked away from him
“Liz wasn’t an angel and we all know that but she would never do something that bad that would give someone a motive to kill her” Daniel said.
The guys were right she wasn’t an angel but she wasn’t the devil either. And who are we to judge we were all as bad or worst than her.
“Do you guys have a motive to try to hurt her”
“No!” we all answered
Liz never did anything to us. She did hook up with Daniel but that was before we started dating. She also hooked up with Nate but that was also before him and Arianna got friendly. Nate and Arianna’s relationship is difficult they don’t want to date because they are both afraid of falling in love. If you ask me they are just fooling themselves because they are already in love. You can tell the way they look at each other that they care about each other. They are also afraid of commitment. Daniel was also afraid of commitment but I dint want to be another one of the girls he messed around with and I made that clear to him. Now we are happy together. I wish Liz would have met someone who loved her. Even if she denied that she didn’t want to fall in love I knew deep inside her she did want a guy to take her seriously.
“Thank you for taking the time to talk to us. That will be all for today”
The detectives stand up and so do we.
“we are going to give your our cards incase you guys forget to tell us something you can call us.”
Detective Harris takes out cards from his wallet and give them to all of us. They have his and his partner’s phone number. If I have any questions I won t be calling Mr. Ruiz that’s for sure. They shake our hands and head to the elevator. We wait for the elevator doors to close and Arianna starts talking.
“I told you guys the though we killed her they don’t believe what we told them” she crossed her arms across her chest.
“Well we dint kill her and the will find that out at the end of the investigation so stop freaking out” I was raising my voice now.
They say people grieve in different ways and I think Arianna grieves by freaking out and being stubborn. I love her but is she really getting on my nerves. Right now I don’t have many nerves.
“ I wonder if her mom knows” Daniel asked followed by a sneeze.
“ Bless you, the question is if she even cares her daughter is dead” I say
“ Her mom was selfish but its her daughter of course she care” Nate said sounding compassionate.
This is the nicest thing he’s said about Liz all day.
“Guys, sorry about the way I talked about Liz earlier I was just trying to help out”
“Its fine dude. We understand” Daniel said
Arianna and I stayed quite but gave him a smile.
“If it were up to her mom she wouldn’t go but Mr. Reed is probably going to make her go.” said Arianna
My phone rang interrupting what I was going to say.
“Its my mom” I slide the screen to answer the phone and walk to the kitchen.
My mom called to check on me and told me she was going to try to catch the next plane to the city. She also told me Eric knew about Liz and he was on his way here. That is the best news I’ve heard all day I miss him so much. No matter what happened in the past with my parents, I needed them with me right now. I walk back to the living room and Daniel is on the phone. The only thing that’s coming out his mouth is okay. He hangs up and takes a deep breath before talking.
“It was my dad he said the funeral is tomorrow night”
“That fast aren’t they supposed to keep the body for the investigation longer?” I say confused
“I don’t know, but they are already planning the funeral my dad told me”
“I don’t think I’m ready to see Liz in a coffin” I say.
There’s a moment of silence the only thing that’s making noise is Arianna sobbing. I though I was going to start crying but the tears dint come out, I’m glad. I was tired of crying I just wanted to sleep and forget everything. the guys started talking and Arianna stopped crying.
“So who do you think Liz was going to see that night” Daniel asked
“ I was thinking one of her boy toys but now I’m not sure” Nate answered
“ Why not maybe they got into an argument and it got violent”
“I just have a feeling but I could be wrong”
“Whoever it was what did Liz do that was so bad for them to kill her?”
Before anyone could answer we heard the elevator doors open and Arianna’s mom comes out. Arianna was the spitting image of her mom. Tall, Blonde tan skin and a long face shape. They were both so perfect.
“Hello, I knew Id find all of you here. How are you?”
she comes and hugs all of us and gives us a kiss on the check.
“Hello Mrs. Van Der Wiel were fine” Daniel is the only one that answers
“Its been a long day so I’m going to rest I recommend you guys do the same its going to be a long day tomorrow” she says as she heads for the stairs.
“Hey mom how’sMr.Reed” Arianna asked.
“Oh honey he’s devastated”
“ He doesn’t think it was us who killed her right?”
“Of course not he knows how much you guys loved her he was asking if you guys were alright”
“Do you know if there’s anything new in the investigation?”
“No all the police said was that they were going to try to get finger prints or DNA from her body that could lead them to the killer”
“ The police came to talk to us.”
“ I know they called and sweetie we need to talk about that night but not right now, get your rest okay” her mom head to her bedroom upstairs.
“So our parents know that we talked to the police and what we did” I said thinking if my mom knew why she dint mention anything on the phone.
“They had to call to ask permission to talk to us were minors it would be illegal other wise right” Nate asked.
“I don’t know” my words were followed by a yawn.
I look outside the window and realize that it was staring to get dark. I lost track of time. The time went by so fast. I just wish the pain went away faster.
“ It getting late and your mom is right we should get some rest its going to be a long day tomorrow I’m going to go home” I say
I hugged Arianna and Nate and said bye. Daniel got in the elevator with me he was spending the night at my house. I’m glad he is I don’t want to be alone tonight.
“ I’m going to call Mariana so she can drop off fresh clothes at your house”
He grabbed his phone and called her. Mariana was his housekeeper she was a really nice lady. She actually taught me to speak some Spanish, she was from Puerto Rico. We got a cab on the way home it was way to cold to walk and I was exhausted. We didn’t talk on the way back I just curled up next to him. The only noise there was some Spanish music playing and the taxi driver talking which sounded more like arguing. He was speaking Spanish he talked too fast for me to understand anything he was saying the only thing I caught was comida it meant food and a lot of cussing. How can someone speak that fast or understand what he’s saying. When we got to my house Daniel clothes still weren’t here so I took a shower first. The warm water helped relax all the tension I had in my body. I took more time standing in the shower than actually taking a shower. When I got out Daniel was laying down on my bed starting at the ceiling
“You okay” I asked as I pulled the towel closer to my body.
“Yeah I’m good my clothes are here I’m going to take a shower”
His voice sounded cold that’s not the way he talks to me. I tried to push that though away from my head and change to my pajamas. When I look down to my dresser I see the picture of Liz, Arianna and I at central park. We looked so happy. Liz was in the middle since she was the shortest. I remember that was the day Liz decided to dye her hair black she didn’t like her natural dirty blonde hair. The black made her look whiter but she still looked pretty. I do agree that the dirty blonde hair did not look as good as the black hair did.
Her blue eyes looked deeper. Her and Nate were the only ones with blue eyes. Arianna had green Daniel had light brown eyes and I had hazel eyes.That day she said she wanted to take pictures with her new image. Sometimes I though she was really conceited but I didn’t mind.As I was getting ready to hang my jacket the card from the detective fell out. I picked it up and wonder if there was anything new in the investigation. I picked up my phone and dialed detective Harris’s phone number. While the phone was ringing I realized I dint even know what I was going to ask.
“Hello” He answerers with a low voice.
“Hello Detective Harris its jenny Bradford.”
“Jenny is everything okay?”
“Yeah everything is fine I just have a few questions.”
“Okay.”
“Well Mrs. Van Der Wiel told us you guys were looking for DNA of the other person have you guys found anything?”
“All I can tell you is that your friend did put up a fight with her killer.”
“ So the investigation is almost over? Her funeral is tomorrow I’m guessing you guys are done running test on her body.”
“I cant share any more information with you Jenny I’m sorry, is there more details about that night you would like to inform me off.”
“No there’s no more information we told you everything this morning thank you for your time.”
“You’re welcome have a good night.”
I hung up with out saying anything. So Liz put up a fight with her killer I was glad to hear that. Even at her last moments Liz dint go without a fight. She never went without putting up a fight. The bathroom door opens and Daniel walks out drying his hair with a towel.
“Where you talking to someone?”
“Yeah to detective Harris.”
“Did he call to try to get more information? We can tell our parents that they are bothering us.”
“No it wasn’t like that I called him.” I hold up the card that had his number.
He looked confuse “For what?”
“ You know how Mrs.Van Der Wiel told us about the DNA I asked him about it”
“ What did he say”
“That he couldn’t give me details but that Liz put up a fight with he killer”
“ Really so they must have DNA of the killer”
“I think so too I just want to know who did this to her”
“We all do and we are closer to finding out”
Before I could say anything a shout that came from a very familiar voice interrupted me.
“Hello anyone home”
“It’s Eric” I say running out of my room and head downstairs. I see him standing in the middle of the living room looking up at me smiling. I run down the stairs and run toward him. I almost knock him down when I run up to him. It feels good to have him home to be able to hug him gain. I run my fingers through his blonde hair. When we were younger I would make fun of him and tell him he was adopted because he had blende hair and none us had blonde hair.
“I’m glad you’re back”
“It feels good to be home”
I didn’t notice that Daniel was standing behind us until he talk.
“Welcome home man”
“Thanks” Eric said followed by a hug and a pat on the back.
Eric sits down and I sit next to him holding his hand. I don’t want him to go anymore. I need him right here with me. For a moment I forgot everything that was happening, until he asked.
“How’s everyone?”
“They’re holding up”
“Have they found who did this?”
“No not yet but soon they will.”
“ I couldn’t believe it when mom told me.”
“ I still cant believe it.”
“None of us can but we will get through this” Daniel was the only one being positive today and it really helped.
“ Tomorrow is the funeral” Does words were hard for me to get out.
“Isnt that a little too fast?”
“That’s what I though but it wasn’t up to us.”
“Mr. Reed must be devastated.”
“Yeah he is.”
“I’m not even going to ask how her mom is.”
“ I hope she doesn’t go tomorrow I don’t want to see her crying being a hypocrite pretending she cared about Liz.”
“ You should be used to seeing hypocrites, you live in the upper east side that’s all there is here.”
Eric will never miss an opportunity to talk about how bad people here were. And he’s right I should be used to seeing people pretend like they care about others. In reality all we care about here is ourselves and our image and how much we have in our bank accounts. I’m including myself because like it or not I’m part of this screwed up society and as much as I hate it I act like them. So who I’m I to judge right?
“Half of the people there probably dint even talk to her.”
“Ill let you two catch up I’m going to crash my eyes cant stay open anymore” Daniel heads upstairs.
“As much as I want to stay here and talk to you Im tired too and you need to rest you’ve had a long day.” Eric says picking up his suite case and going to his room.

His room was the only room downstairs the rest of the rooms were upstairs. I still don’t know why he chose that room I would be scared to sleep all alone downstairs. I go upstairs and open the door to my room. I get into bed and cuddle next to Daniel. He puts his arm around me and falls asleep immediately. It only takes me a few minutes to fall asleep.
The next morning the ringing of my phone wakes me up.
“Hey mom.”
“Honey im on my way home okay?”
“Are you barley catching a plane to come back?”
“No I’m in New York I’m on my way to the house is your brother there?”
“OH, okay, yeah he got here last night.”
“Okay well ill see you later.”
“kay.”
“Is your mom in the city?” Daniel says in his gravelly morning voice
“Yeah she’s on her way home.”
“Is your dad with her?”
“Yeah but I haven’t talked to him.”
He stays quite and gets out of bed.
“I’m hungry I’m goanna go downstairs wanna come?”
“Yup I’m starving.”
We go downstairs, breakfast was already made. But our cook Lui that’s what we called him wasn’t there. Eric was already at the table eating and scrolling through his phone.
“Hey sleepy heads.”
“Hey how did you sleep?”
“Amazing it feels so good to finally sleep on my own bed.”
I smile and start putting food on my plate. I get a quesadilla, which I love to eat in the morning, and freshly made banana muffins. Lui usually made us healthy food but today he made comfort food. I bet he knows what happened, he met Liz once but never talked to her.
“Mom and Dad are on the way home.”
“Can’t wait to see my lovely parents.” Eric was also very sarcastic
“Eric what time is it?I left my phone upstairs” Daniel said as her sat down
“Its twelve”
We had a long sleep. I was hoping that all of this was a nightmare and when I would wake up everything was back to normal
“ What time is the funeral?” Eric asked
“I don’t know, Nate said it was going to be at night”
“I’m going to get my phone to call Nate” Daniel said getting up
“Are any of you going to give a speech at the funeral”
“No not as far as I know and honestly I couldn’t be able to do it”
“Hey, Nate said to turn on the T.V.” Nate shouted as he was running down the stairs.
“Okay what happened?” I say.
“He said its about the investigation.” We all go to the living room and turn on the TV
I turn on the T.V. They are talking about the murder of Liz. They found the killer. I let out a gasp and cover my mouth. I couldn’t believe what they were saying. It couldn’t be true,it couldn’t be true. I look at Daniel with confusion and he has the same look on his face. Eric is looking straight at the T.V with the same face we all had. How could this be? And then the image of the killer flashes on the screen. And I shout
“ Her mom killed her how could she!”