I Can't Get Enough Of Him | Teen Ink

I Can't Get Enough Of Him

By Lydia3 BRONZE, Jacksonville, Florida
Lydia3 BRONZE, Jacksonville, Florida

"Always Expect The Unexpected For It Most Likely Won't Happen"

"OK I know he cheated but he said he didn't mean to", I said pacing across my bedroom as my best friend stared at me with concern. "But this is the second time and if you go back out with him again his probably going to do it again Lisa" she said standing up.

I looked at her thinking of what she said (would he really do it again I wondered to myself).

"Why does he do this to me " I cried burning my face in my hands. "stop doing that Lisa your pretty, your smart and very talented in a lot of ways plus a lot of guys are just dying to go out with you so stop crying" she said walking to me and patting my on my back.

(I really loved him he was my first boyfriend he was sweet, cute, tall and even though he wasn't the smartest he was charming even to the teachers). "Lisa I have to go before my mom gets mad again for going home late for the third time this week because of you", she said heading for the door and opening it to leave my room, "bye I'll talk to you tomorrow OK and cheer up please I hate seeing that jerk do this to you all the time you really have to get over him Lisa" with that said she shut the door and went down stairs.

Marie my best friend since second grade was really supportive of me and what I did and don't get me wrong I loved her for it, but I didn't know if she was doing a good job helping me now.

My phone vibrated and I picked it up unlocking my phone and opening the text message that was from "Jason" I smiled a little seeing that he said "Hey I miss you can we have lunch at the park meet me in 15 k?", my smile got wider reading it over, I lay back on my bed thinking it over. (Should I go is he really worth risking another broken heart for?), I still remember the day I found his kissing another girl the expression on his face was unbelievable mainly because I had never seen it before but still anyways know what I don't want to talk about it anymore that's in the past now.

I stood up got my phone combed my now messy hair put on some lip gloss and a little make up I checked myself in the mirror hoping Jason would like what I saw in the mirror, I went down stairs and told my mom I was going to the park maybe for a few hours, she asked why (like she always did for everything) " mom I just want some sunlight that's all is that so bad?" I asked getting irritated now, she looked at me hoping my face would give her the right answer "fine but dinner's almost ready OK so be home quick" she said looking back at what ever she was cooking.

I opened the door and walked out not wanting to answer her.

I walked slowly seeing that the park wasn't really that far from my house, I slowly approached the park only to see him flirting with another girl, I hide behind a tree able to hear what they were saying, the chick he was talking to was smiling and blushing flirting right back (what is he doing with that girl we were going to have lunch together what would happen to that?) with that thought in mind I sent him a quick text message saying "Are you ready I'm almost there?" I pressed the send button and watched him check his phone he looked at it but I don't think he even looked at the text message.

I heard the girl say "we should exchange number just in case I need you" Jason took out his phone looked like he was messaging me back my phone vibrated again I opened the text from him and read it, I got a little excited but sadly the text said "Sorry can't make it my dad's sick had to stay home maybe next time?".

My eyes watered as I looked at the text and back at him now giving his phone number to the girl. (Fine if he doesn't want to talk to me now maybe later), I thought of walking up to him but I changed my mind. After a few steps of walking I realized he lied to me for another girl he didn't even know, I stopped walking tears in my eyes (don't do this your stronger than this) I shut my eyes and tears slowly made they way out of my eyes and round down my cheeks.

(Why is he really doing this to me, I love him and he loves me, is he really trying to play hard to get but why?).

We dated for six months was he cheating the whole time we were together. More tears round down my cheeks from the thought of him dating me but cheating on me as well. He did make me happy but he also made me sad and cry for him a lot and sometimes I couldn't help crying in front of people, I just wish he knew how much I loved him.

On my way home I walked slowly letting my eyes dry before going in the house, I sat on the bench on our small porch trying not to think of Jason. After a few minutes of playing bubble shooter on my phone my eyes were dry, I stood up put my phone in my pocket and walked to the kitchen looking for something to eat while at it I found a note on the counter saying, “ Honey work called and I had to work till tomorrow dinner's in the microwave”.

I signed and throw the note in the trash (maybe Jason would like to come over for a while, maybe I could tell him how I really feel about him and ask him were we were as dating goes).

I got the food my mom left me in the microwave and sat down on the sofa watching T.V I looked at my phone hoping to get another text message from him (maybe I could just text him to see what he was doing).

I messaged him asking him what he was up to right now shortly after waiting for about two long minutes my phone vibrated I picked it up and smiled like and idiot he said “ Hmm thinking of you and waving at your window can't you see me?” my smile got wider I called him and told him to come in my mom wasn't home till morning after talking to him for a couple of minutes on the phone I heard a knock on the front door, I opened the door and faced Jason. He hugged me really tight picking me up while at it.

He slowly put me down and smirked at me asking me if I had missed him, (duh... of course I missed you a lot in fact) and of course I wasn’t going to tell him that so I put that thought aside and just tried my best to say “yes I did” like a normal girl would.

I walked him to the sofa holding his hand tightly, I sat down letting him sit next to me “i really missed you, you know?” he asked now holding both of my hands and looking deep into my eyes. “I really, really missed you too Jason” tears starting to come to my eyes.

“Come on don’t cry beautiful” he said pulling me in his arms ( but I wanted to cry in your arms in fact and tell you I care and love you so much but if crying wasn't going to show you how much I loved you then maybe this hug will).

I hugged him really tight and smiled as he hugged me back . “I missed your hugs Jason” I said my tears stopping now. “Lisa I.. hmm... I love... well I care about you” he said now looking at me, he held my hands in his and smiled again showing his amazing smile and pretty teeth. “I care about you to Jason a lot” I whispered but loud enough for him to hear my words. (Did this mean were back together maybe ill ask him later I didn’t want to mess up the moment like i sometimes do).

We sat there on the sofa watching a movie talking about school and what we wanted to do after school was over but he never let go of my hand the whole time we were siting there. I got up and went to get some popcorn I found him checking him phone after a few minutes of watching the movie he got up “well Lisa I have to go now with my dad being sick and all” he said pulling me up into another tight hug.

“Aw already I’ll miss you" I hugged him back before seeing him to the door, (that was fun one of the best ideas I’ve had today) i smiled to my smile and continued to watch the movie. I kept on hearing a small sound coming from the sofa like it was in it but I was to lazy to see what it really was.

I really enjoyed hanging out with him and even though we were sitting there for an hour and a half it felt like a few minutes well at least he made it up for not meeting me at the park. It was now ten o'clock going to eleven time really went by, I went up stairs to my room changed in my pj's, put my hair up in bun and went to bed seeing that I had school tomorrow.

I lay down on my back looking at the ceiling thinking of what had just happen (maybe we were together before I knew we were together I mean he came to my house to see me he held my hand the whole time we were watching the movie and God knows what's going to happen next maybe his going to tell all of his friends I’m his girlfriend and then we can go all year as the best couple and then go to collage together and then get married well that’s what I hope), “wow” I finally said to myself that was a lot and that was just the beginning of it.

I closed my eyes now feeling sleepy but kept on hearing the same little sound I heard down stairs when I was watching TV (what was that?), feeling to lazy to go back down stairs I simply ignored it but of course I heard it again.

“Oh my gosh” I got up in frustration and went down stairs and of course I heard it again I walked to the sofa and started looking I pulled it out not believing what I now held in my hand (Jason's phone), I dropped it back on the sofa staring at it in shock (Jason left his phone at my house why)?.

(Did he do it on purpose or did he really leave it I mean come on this might be a trick to see if I’m a faithful girlfriend even though I don’t know if we are dating yet but still).

I picked it back up slowly thinking of what to do, I ran back up stairs landing perfectly on my stomach I grabbed my phone and called Jason and what do you know the phone rang I jumped a little hearing the ring tone “yep that was totally his phone” I smiled as I slowly but unsurely unlocked his phone but was so shocked at what I found when I unlocked it I had to call Marie.

As I unlocked it I find like 22 missed calls all from girls I didn’t know but I also found 59 messages from people I didn’t know mainly girls (why in the world were all those girls texting him I thought he was with me and that was all but I guess I was wrong my eyes watered up and I thought of throwing his phone at the wall but as I said before wait what did I say before never mind).

I picked up my phone and started calling Marie; the phone rang for a while then she picked up she sounded very sleepy. “Hey I need your advice with something?” I said staring at his phone in total shock at the messages that kept coming.

Marie : “what's up Lisa you should be asleep by now you know that right?”

me: "yeah, yeah I know guess what I found"

Marie: "wait I know this one you found hmm... you found your phone?"

Me: "wow seriously I’m using it right now genius"

Marie: "shut it I’m still guessing okay"

me: "you should be the one shutting it cause I have something you cant get right"

Marie: "fine just tell me gee"

me: "hmm... well Jason left his phone and I have it right here in my hand"

Marie: "WHAT REALLY?"

me: "YES really"

Marie: "HOW, WHY, WHERE, WHAT, huh really Lisa"

me: "yes, yes slow down gee"

I told her everything about the park, the thing about him coming over and watching a movie with me. Including the part were his held my hand the whole time and hugged me really tight and well mostly every detail of what happened.

Marie: "Lisa keep his phone and see what his been up to the whole time you were together maybe that will help you get over him"

me: "maybe its a test you..."

(she interrupted me rudely by the way)

Marie: "its not a test Lisa you of all people should know that come on open it and see it won't hurt any one well"

me: "well is right it will hurt me cause I’m the one who has to see all the flirt-texting his been doing with other girls but me."

Marie: "Lisa I know the truth hurts but you have to find out the truth one way or another right?"

Me: "yeah but just give me time"

Marie: "if I was you..."

me: "... I know, I know you would be going through his texts already gee I know Marie can we please change the subject."

After talking on the phone for like an hour about weird and random stuff, she finally told me she was sleepy and needed to get some rest but reminded me to check his phone. She hung up leaving me with a very hard decision whether to check his phone or not. I stared at it for at least two minutes then slowly unlocked his phone trying to find my confidence to press the message app that held all the messages and more.

(What if he sent pictures and messages I don’t need to see) I freaked out and closed his phone (I cant do this I'm not Marie and maybe I’ll just let her go throw it for me). After a few minutes of thinking I put it under my pillow and tried to get some sleep by now it was past midnight and I really needed to go to bed I mean to sleep.

It was morning and I surprisingly woke up early and by any chance if I was Marie I would be going through his phone again but sadly I wasn’t and just stared at it like a deer in head lights. I slowly lay back holding his phone (should I no maybe just a sneak peek it wont even a minute), “come on Lisa” I thought out loud no I’ll just give it back to him when I see him at school today. Having my mind fighting with my heart was not easy but I put those thoughts aside and lazily got up to take a shower, which surprisingly took me about 20 minutes.

Shaking my hair dry in my towel Jason just wouldn’t leave my mind I seriously couldn’t stop thinking about him and his phone which was on my bed and the other girls who kelp on texting him unstop. My thoughts were interrupted when I heard my mom's voice calling me to go down stairs and eat break fast. I told her in a minute, got dressed put on some make up and ran down stairs. When I got down stairs my mom was fast asleep on the couch with her food hanging from her mouth. I quickly ate my break fast went back up stairs got my book bag then Jason’s phone and shoved it in my hand held bag.

As I stepped out of the front door my eyes widened and my mouth dropped in shock. Jason was waiting for me by his car. I stopped in my steps excitement and horror (did he know I had his phone of course he knew, his not that dumb well I don’t think so).

He walked up to me wrapped his arm around my shoulder whispering “good morning beautiful how was your morning?”, I smiled nervously not knowing if he knew I was keeping his phone captive or not. “Hmm well it was good how was your” I asked looking at the ground “ it was great just missed you a lot I had fun yesterday” he said hugging me and opening the passengers door, I got in shaking a little (oh God is he going to kidnap me and make me pay for not giving him his phone earlier).

He got in the drivers seat started the engine but didn’t move , he touched my cheek making me blush and look at him. “You seem nervous why?” he said now holding my hand but before I could speak the car started moving and the car doors closed. (Oh my God I’m going to die).