New Teen Ink Book: Bullying Under Attack Barnes & Noble Amazon

Kibera's Slave

mereCat
Kibera's Slave
Summary: Jodie is a girl in my class. She told me once that anorexia was when teenage girls thought they were fat even though they weren’t. She knows stuff.
Marcus is my mate, we play football together. His life is made of football; thoughts and feelings have very little significance to him, he’s too busy playing games to consider them.
Mrs Trench is my teacher – she doesn’t understand – she’s an idiot.
Dad is irritable and impatient, he gets angry and stressed easily and tells jokes that no one else finds funny. When he gets scared he shouts and acts like he’s angry and we all tiptoe round him – walking on eggshells.
Mum is completely different from Dad; she’s gentle and quiet as though she’s making up for him.
Grace was my sister; a typical good-girl. People used to ask why I couldn’t be more like her, and I would try to be, but she was clever and well-behaved and sensible and it’s hard to be so many good things at once. She’s changed a lot though now.

This book has 1 comment. Post your own!

mereCatThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Dec. 10, 2013 at 2:13 am:
Any feedback very welcome!