Ryana's Want To Help | Teen Ink

Ryana's Want To Help

October 20, 2013
By Regiah Taylor, Richmond, Virginia
Regiah Taylor, Richmond, Virginia
0 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Summary:

Ryana Trenice Chesternut Is a teenager whose life is fine, nothing really out of the ordinary. She's a great person, has two loyal best friends, and a great loving family.
She goes to school with no problems, she enjoys life as a teenager.
One day she went to the doctors and she got the result really late In the time she didn't have results she'd notice symptoms but she didn't know what they were for so she asked her mother about them. Then she found out that she had cancer.
She didn't want the cancer to affect the people around her so she didn't want to try and get cured. She just wanted to live the last of her days helping, not dreading that she had cancer.


Regiah T.

Ryana's Want To Help


Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 9 comments.


william said...
on Nov. 10 2013 at 12:17 pm
Your story is okay. I liked it. Nice and touching. Can tell it took you a while to think of eveeything.

on Nov. 10 2013 at 12:15 pm
Man this story is soooooo deep. How did you come up with this, you have to have been writing for a while. I showed my friend this stry and his sensitive self shedded like a million tears. I had to get him out of his feelings LOL. This can be an inspiring movie if you fix it up.

on Nov. 10 2013 at 12:14 pm
I find your story inspirational. It did touch me, I honestly cried.

Jessieka said...
on Nov. 10 2013 at 12:12 pm
I didn't like your story. I think it will make people feel offended in ways. Why wouldn't her parents let her get treated? That seemed irrelavant to me.

Gerald said...
on Nov. 10 2013 at 12:10 pm
This is a deep story. Really meant a lot to me becaue my cousin tried to help people with his cancer as well.

Tia the Poet said...
on Nov. 10 2013 at 12:09 pm
Im a poet. I just wanted to say that my friend has cancer and she had leukemia too but this story is remarkable. Ryana is like my hero. My friend didn't have enough money for treatments so she decided that she just live the life that she had left. She didn't think far enough outside the box to try to help others, I am not putting her down it's just that this is a very deep story. That made me think and appreciate more.

Patty G said...
on Nov. 10 2013 at 12:06 pm
I am an experienced writer. I major in English. I feel that this story is okay. You obviously are not experienced, but you have great insight and have real taste in detail orienting. You decribe event so well, what ever you used to reference you writing styles and techniques you should follow through on that more. Maybe even twice as hard, then look for more ways to structure the story. I say that because here there is only one chapter. I see many ways that this could've been more that one, I see maybe 8 chapters in this 'LONG" chapter. Other than that bravo.

Raine L said...
on Nov. 10 2013 at 12:02 pm
I like this story. It is really sad but a good story. You should have proofread more than once, I think. there are many capitalization errors.

Dylan Reeves said...
on Nov. 10 2013 at 12:00 pm
I think that the story itself is amazing. I grew teary eyed toward the end. I think toward the ending it is jumbled but I understand the clause you are trying to make. I notice that there are many errors, grammar, tense wise, and punctuation. I only notice that in the first 4 paragraphs. Other than that great story.  (I can tell of your writing by some run off sentences, that you are a amateur. You did an outstanding job throughout.)