New Teen Ink Book: Bullying Under Attack Barnes & Noble Amazon

Alicia and Andrew

Author's note: I don't have any brother or sister so...I wanted to feel the love of a brother and sister by writing this story.
Author's note: I don't have any brother or sister so...I wanted to feel the love of a brother and sister by writing this story.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 15 Next »

4. Appointed

Alicia came back from school. Her mood was perfectly fine today. She was happy that she had at last got a friend. She kept her bag pack on the kitchen counter and made a sandwich for herself. The door knob turned and Alicia looked at the door to find Andrew.
“Hello. How was the interview?” Alicia asked and gave him water.
Andrew drank it and sat down quietly. Alicia was getting nervous now. Is there something wrong? She sat beside him and holds his hand.
“I passed in the interview”, Andrew said sighing and Alicia smile brightly.
“Really Andrew? That’s so great. Congratulations”, Alicia hugged him.
“But there’s a problem”, Andrew looked at her sadly.
“What?” Alicia asked.
“I’ve to go to New York for this work”, Andrew said and Alicia stared at him blankly.
She thought for sometimes. If Andrew leaves then she’ll be all alone and things might get pretty bad. But then Andrew’s career would be doomed if he doesn’t go to NYC and work.
“You should go”, Alicia said and Andre nodded into no.
“I have three days to say my decision”, Andrew said.
“I think you should go, Andrew. This is for your own good”, Alicia said.
“But what about you?” Andrew asked.
“I’ll be fine here”, Alicia said.
Andrew nodded and went to his room. Alicia didn’t want him to go away but still this was for his own good. Andrew on the other hand didn’t want to leave his sister all alone. If he leaves, then things would be worse. He was in a dilemma for what to do. If he doesn’t go then it’ll be hard for him to pay for Alicia’s school. He was just so in the middle of nothing.
“Andrew, I’m going out with my friend”, Alicia said.
“Friend? What friend?” Andrew asked suspiciously.
“Bro, his name is Daniel and he is not disgusted of me”, Alicia said making her brother shocked as well.
Andrew nodded and Alicia went out. She went to the park with her hood on. She saw Daniel sitting on the park bench. She went to him and sat next to him.
“You know...my brother got appointed”, Alicia informed him.
“That’s great. When is he starting work?” Daniel asked.
“I don’t know. His work is in New York and he doesn’t want to go”, Alicia said.
“Oh. Um...so what are you planning to do?” He asked.
“I don’t know but this is about him and I don’t want him to ruin his career for me”, she replied.
“So, you want him to go?” Daniel asked and Alicia nodded.
“But you will be all alone if your brother leaves”, Daniel said and she nodded again.
They both sighed and looked around. Andrew at home was looking through his childhood photos. He still curses him for Alicia’s situation now. If he didn’t leave that day, his parents would have been alive and Alicia wouldn’t be known as ugly. It was his entire fault. But it actually wasn’t. Who can change fate? No one can so what could have Andrew done? Barely anything. Now, the question was...would he go to New York and leave Alicia all alone? Or would he stay back and have financial trouble? This all depended on him so he had to choose wisely.