Snowstorm

Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next »

Chapter 4: Uh-Oh!

Travis

Just like Sam: leave the reader on the edge of a cliff with me to explain how they got there. Anyway, here it is. The message read:

WARNING:

EXTREME BATTERMENT DETECTED

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RIOT GATES CLOSING

STORES ARE NO LONGER ACCESSIBLE

That is obviously not good. “HOW ARE WE GOING TO GET FOOD! HOW ARE WE GOING TO GET WATER! HOW ARE WE GOING TO GET AN AIR MASK TO STOP ME FROM HYPERVENTILATING ONCE I FINISH SCREAMING!” Sam shouted.

“Sam,” I said, as calm as ever. “The first-aid kit is about two feet and 3 inches away from you. You can get the air mask yourself.” Sam got the air mask. It didn’t help.

Sam

The air mask did help me... help me suffocate, that is. I put the air mask on, but I hadn’t read the instructions, and I put it on wrong. I couldn’t get air through the mask, and I ran out of air. I tried to read the instructions, but I was losing focus. I read the same sentence three times. I read the same sentence three times. I read the same sentence three times. Then, finally, as soon as my vision started to fade, Travis finally realized something was wrong. Maybe it was me clawing at my throat. Maybe it was me screaming. Or maybe it was that in huge letters on the air mask instructions it said:

“Do not put on the mask with the strings pressed against the neck of victim. Will cause suffocation (which is not good and means that you cannot breath). To ensure continued life protection products, please donate any amount of money of your choice, as long as it is above $1 million dollars, to the below address. Checks are accepted.”

I don’t really know why they put that last part in. If they really wanted to make money, they would make you pay one million dollars to use the air mask, but then they would get sued so they would lose money instead of making it.
Well, now I guess we have to find a way into the stores. Oh well.