Truth Hurts, Lies Sting | Teen Ink

Truth Hurts, Lies Sting

By BatteryAfter, Kingwood, West Virginia
BatteryAfter, Kingwood, West Virginia

"I'm like a cat, I always land on all fours." -Jensen Ackles
"Food is the most important meal of the day." -Michael Kark

Books shut loudly as the bell rang telling us to go to lunch. Lunch was the place where we didn't really eat. In fact, most people here are druggies so they don't need to eat. But me? I'm not a druggie, no I am anorexic. It wasn't my fault entirely, my mother never fed me and called me fat. I just got used to it. I went to the library, like I do everyday for lunch, to study for the upcoming finals. Today my friends David and Devon sat at my usual table, both reading a book quietly. Devon looked up and saw me walking over. She got up and ran to me to give me a hug. Her dyed red hair came forward and went into her green eyes as she pulls away from the hug.

"It's nice to see you Hazel." Devon said jumping up and down.

"Why are you so happy to see me? We have third period together." I said putting my hands on her shoulders to stop her jumping.

"I have to show you something, David and I just figured it out."

"Go on." She pulled me over to the table were David sat impatiently.

"Well, you know you knew your supernatural-ness and we didn't know ours?"

"Yes." I am a vampire.

"Well David is a ghost and I'm an elf!"

"Awesome! When did you figure this out?"

"Fourth period. I was playing with my ear and they were pointed and elfly marks went all up my arm, I had to put on a jacket, and David fell out of his seat. Straight through the thing! Good thing we sit in the back of the room!"

"Wow. That's amazing. I'm really glad you figured that out."

"Me too! So, are we all going to meet in our usual spot after school."

"Yup, Michael will be there this time too." Michael is my brother, also a vampire.

In Black Ice Forest we have our own little club house Michael and my father built together before our father went to war. We rarely see him anymore. The club was a two story house that was surprisingly sturdy. It's was splattered in paint because we were to lazy to paint the whole thing. The reds, blues, oranges, and purples were so bright they hurt your eyes. There was a little compartment where we store food and a window for each floor. Vines grew through the whole thing, I liked them there.

After school I walked straight to the club house, because my mom is always on business trips I don't have to tell her where I go. No one is here yet. I slid my book bag off and shoved it into a corner. This place makes me feel safe, I thought as I played with a piece of peeling paint. Drifting off my head went backwards and hit the wall making my head snap forward and rub the back of my head.

"That wasn't smart, sis." Michael said standing in the doorway with a big smile on his face.

"Shut up! You didn't see anything!" I said laughing.

"Devon and David still aren't here?"

"Obviously not." my hand swung around to show no one is here.

"Okay."

"Sit down." I patted my hand on the floor to show Michael to sit next to me.

"So did you hear about Devon and David figuring out their supernatural-ness?"

"I did, but I'm still trying to figure out how David died to become a ghost."

Devon ran inside screaming and hitting herself. She had ran into a spiders web with the spider still in it. We wiped her off and we all three sat down. I leaned over to my book bag, took a candy bar out, split it Into fourths, and gave one to everyone. The fourth was for David, I like to be fair. We all knew that David would be late, he always is. Michael got a book out and started reading while Devon and I talked about our history project. I looked over at the wall to see the spider that was on Devon crawling up the wall and out the window.

"Hey guys, I'm finally here!" David said as he flew his book bag in the corner next to mine.

"Yeah. Finally," Michael said, "only three hours late."

"Didn't know I was supposed to be here at an exact time."

"Well, now you know."

"Yeah. I don't think that will change anything, I will still be late."

"Of course."

David sat on the floor with us making a little circle. Michael reached into him bag to get out a book and a map, while I reached in my bag to get candles and matches and five candle holders. I set up the candle holders and put the candles in them and lit them. Michael unfolded the map and gave it to David. Devon held excitedly held the book open. We began the ritual. We all held our hands together tightly.

"Earth. You are our home and life. Protect us through our journey into dangerous paths." I said as I lit the green candle and let Michael say the next line of the ritual.

"Air. Without you we cannot live and breath. Protect us through our journey into dangerous paths." Michael said as he lit the yellow candle. It was Devon's turn.

"Fire. You give us warmth and protection. Protect us through our journey into dangerous paths." Devon lit the red candle. Davids turn.

"Water. You cool us down when we are parched and wash away trouble. Protect us through our journey into dangerous paths." David lit the blue candle.

One more left. Spirit. We all said this one at the same time.

"Spirit. Without you our bodies are nothing and we are weak. You give us strength. Protect us through our journey into dangerous paths." Being the leader I little purple candle.

A giant gust of wind came and blew the candles out. We unlocked our hands from each others hands and started packing up. After everything was put away we walked out of the forest and back into town, leaving our things there. The air was a little colder due to it being later in the day. Devon put her jacket on because she was the only one affected by the cold. We ran over across the street to Michael's car parked on the side of the road. We all got in and drove to Kelly's Diner about on hour out of town. The car ride was quiet but nice. We pulled up to Devon's house, she got out to get her overnight bag and came back to the car. Same with David. Michael stopped in front of our house. Our moms car was parked in the driveway but all the lights were off.

The house was quiet. I checked our moms room, she was asleep. Michael and I packed our bags and snuck out leaving a note saying we were at the trip for the school science fair. We got back in the car and went to the diner. It was a small diner that no one ever went to. Just like the club house, the walls were covered in so many colors. We parked the car and walked in. A woman dressed in a flower dress came over and showed us to our table.

"Can I start y'all with something to drink, I'm Karen by the way." She said with a sweet, country accent, obviously not from Ohio.

"Uh, yeah we will all have water." Michael said, "and we will all have a BLT, extra B, please."

"Wipe that smirk off your face." I said as our waitress walked away.

"Sorry, but come on she is adorable."

"Dork."

For a moment our waitress came over with our drinks and walked away looking back at our table with a look that didn't say cute, more like mysterious. I don't know, could be nothing. She caught me staring back at her and quickly looked away. Weird. I snapped my head over to Devon who was playing with her straw and flicking water at Michael. I looked over at David and he was looking at the waitress, as if he was studying her as if she did something out of the ordinary.

"Did anyone see that? " David said with his eyes wide.

"See what?" We all said at the same time.

"Karen, our waitress. Her eyes just changed colors!"

"What color did they change to?" I asked

"It looked like they changed to an orange and green mix."

"Demon eyes. Guys we have to go. Now! "

"What? Why?"

"She knows what we do, she is a hunter. Eric will explain it when we get to his house now come on!"

"I'm still confused. But if you say Eric will explain, he will."

We left quickly without paying and went to Eric's house. Eric was our supplier of things: candles, herbs, spells, swords, and he is an expert demon analyzer. He will know what Karen is by a simple description. For a guy who can afford all those things for us, he lives in a crappy one story house just outside of Canton. It was brown and red brick with black tinted windows that kept out the sunlight. He was a vampire too.

We pulled up to his house, got out of the car, and walked up to his door. Michael knocked on the door a few times rapidly and leaned against the wall of the porch. Eric opened the door. He was wearing dark blue jeans and a Pink Floyd tee. His short brown hair was messed up as if he had been laying down. Standing there silently he looked around for anything suspicious and let us in. We walked over to his living room, covered in Celtic crosses and swords. Eric took his contacts out making his blue, gypsy eyes water and sat down on the couch next to me. I looked over to him and described Karen to Eric.

"Hm, sounds like a skin walker. Mostly found in the south. They are natural hunters when it comes to other supernatural beings in there way. You lucky you got out of there when you did." Eric said as he took a drink of what looked like wine.

"Oh, I get it now. I'm less confused." David said shaking his head.

"So, David, figure out your Supernatural-ness?"

"Yeah, so did Devon. She is a dark wood elf and I'm a ghost."

"She sounds cooler."

"Thanks."

"No problem."

Eric got up and went upstairs. About five minutes later he came back down with an overnight bag

and an extra bag with weapons and spells inside. We all stood up and walked out of his house to the car and put our bags in the trunk to make room for Eric to sit. We got in the car and drove back to the diner.

"Okay, I have to know, David. How did you die?" I blurted out and everyone got quiet.

"It's a really long story." David sighed.

"Well, we've got time. Spit it out."

"Fine. Last year my family and I went on a trip to the beach and on the way there we saw a deer in the middle of the road."

"So you got in a car wreck?"

"No. We just missed it. When we got to the beach it was dark. I went to test the water. The tide was really strong. It took me off my feet and I drowned."

"Wow. I didn't see that coming. Well, I thought it would be more, you know, gruesome."

"I don't know what happened after that. I just remember waking up in my bed at home. Everything looked the same but I knew something was wrong. A year later and I figure it out when I saw pictures of my funeral."

"Ouch, not fun. Well, okay then. No further questions."

When we pulled up to the diner Eric and I got out. We went to the trunk, opened it, and got out guns and put them in the back of our pants. In the diner we could see Karen staring out at us. We stuffed a few extra shells and some holy water mixed with rock salt into our pockets.

The diner was cold when Eric and I went in. So cold, that we saw our breath. People sat there normally as if nothing was wrong. Karen stood behind the counter watching us. She slowly walked around the counter and then towards us. The twisted smirk on her face sent chills down my spine.

"Hello and welcome to Kelly's Diner. Two?" Karen's tone was happy but fake.

"Actually, ma'am, we need to speak with you." Eric's voice was calm, you could tell he had done this before.

"Hm, 'bout what?"

"An article about how waitresses don't get paid enough."

"Sounds reasonable, kids." She put her hands in her pockets.

"This is a private interview so we need to go somewhere quiet."

"Out back, follow me." She turned around and started walking to the back of the diner.

Eric and I followed closely behind her as we walked through a small door leading to an alley behind the diner. It was dimly lit by the sunlight. Enough sunlight still keep my sunglasses and jacket on, though. Eric on the other hand was stronger so he could stand sunlight a little more. When the door shut Karen stared at us with eyes that were no longer her normal green, they turned a dark orange with specks of green. Her smile was gone and veins stuck out of her body as if they were trying escape.

My hand rested behind my back so I could quickly reach my gun. Eric walked towards Karen cautiously with his hand close to his back. He took holy water out of his pocket and quickly splashed her with it. She screamed and fell into the wall. I took my gun out and pointed it towards her. I squeezed the trigger and the gun went off. Karen fell but as soon as she hit the ground her body turned to ashes which blew away with the wind.

We ran down the alleyway towards the car, I had a rush of adrenaline go through my body. I wanted to kill more. It was fun, it always was but for some reason this time it felt different. My non existent soul craved me to kill more. Beside me was a diner full of innocent people. Perfect. A chill ran down my spine as I thought more about it. I stopped running, Eric stopped and turned.

"Why'd you stop, Hazel?" Eric asked with a confused look.

"That kill made me want more. You know, like, I want to kill more and there is a diner full of people just begging to be killed." I replied sounding a bit twisted.

"That is not why we came but if you would like then we will see if the others want to partake."

"Really? Sweet." I couldn't believe it. Eric agreeing on a murder was very rare, unless he got annoyed. He only ever hunts demons that get in the way of things, never humans.

Eric and I walked up to the car, Michael in the drivers seat, David in the passenger seat, and Devon on the back played with her dagger. Eric knocked on the window and they all slowly looked up at us. I told them my plan and they all agreed. They got out of the car and we all proceeded into the diner. Once we all got inside, it was no longer cold. Everyone there acted normal still, not knowing what awaits all of them. We spread out in corners but I stayed in the middle. With my mind I closed all of the blinds making sure no one outside the diner would see anything. I raised my right hand and pointed it into a gun shape.

"Go!" I screamed, signaling the others to attack.

In a flash we all ran to people and started our killing streak. People ran in terror trying not to be killed. In the corner was a woman with a notepad and a camera. She took a picture right as I bit into someones neck. I turned and ran towards her. She was a reporter, probably scared that I would kill her.

"How about this, you either get rid of everything you just wrote and took pictures of or you die," I looked down at her paper and saw her name, "Ella."

"Sounds reasonable, fine." Ella took all of her work and tore it up and then deleted the pictures from her camera while remaining completely calm.

"Thank you, now leave. Wait, you can't just leave here without a parting gift."

"What is it?"

"A stamp of, hmm, approval." I took out a lighter and grabbed her wrist. Her pulse was racing and I could tell she was scared now. "This will only hurt for a few days." I turned her wrist over while simultaneously striking the lighter. Holding her wrist very tightly, I moved the flame to it and burned my initials into her flesh.

"Ow! Shi-" She stopped herself from cursing.

"This is so we can identify you, in case this ever happens again."

She ran out of the diner and left, you could hear the screeching tires in the background. I turned around to see blood and bodies everywhere, my craving was satisfied. Michael walked up to me, wiped blood from my cheek, and walked out the door. He came back in with lighter fluid and a lighter. Once the place was soaked in fluids we ran out, Michael last. He flicked open the lighter and threw it into the diner. We all got into the car before anyone got to the scene and drove off. I'd say that was the best kill streak I've had in a long time.

We sat in a circle on the floor of the hotel room, Devon and David were talking about what just happened.

"That was weird, my first kill. But, I liked it." Devon said smirking.

"I know, I feel the same way, although I still feel like something is wrong. Like someone was watching us." David said.

"Yeah, I felt it too. Did anyone else feel it? And does anyone still feel it?" Everyone nodded.

There was a knock at the door and Michael got up and opened the door slowly and half way. Ella stood in the door way, she was sweating and breathing heavily. Michael checked her out and let her in. We all stood up from our circle and turned to her. Why was she here? She held her wrist as if it had been hurt. Her long brown hair was tangled and covered on sweat. She walked over to me and collapsed, I caught her in my arms. Everyone ran over and helped her onto the bed.

"Ella? Hello? Are you alright? Here take this water." I woke her up.

"Th-thanks. I must have just over heated or something." Ella said, propping herself up on the bed.

"Why did you come here and how did you know we were here?"

"I want to know if you are truly the real deal or did you have a bunch of actors in the diner that knew they were about to be "killed"? I just want the truth."

"Well, first of all, take that recorder out of your pocket, then I'll talk."

"But how did you know, never mind." She took the recorder out of her pocket and turned it off.

"Thanks and that was all real. No actors, real deaths, real burn on your wrist. We are what we are. Three vamps, an elf and a vengeful spirit."

"Holy crap! Well I think I'm going to go, I've got, uh, things to do."

"Aw, going so soon, but it's time for dinner. We are having leftovers."

"No, please, I'm fine."

"What it's only pizza."

"No!"

Ella left in a quick hurry, probably to go home and think about what happened. She left behind her recorder so we decided to listen to what she had on there. Small stories about local murders and disappearances of different people, all thanks to Michael, Eric, and I. We all laughed about it and went back to what we were doing before Ella came.

Eric walked over to a bed and sat. He went to reach for the TV remote but it shocked him and he jumped up. His hand was red. Devon ran up to him and as soon as she touched him the lights explodes and sparks flew everywhere.

"Well, Devon, I have to say, the sparks literally flew when you touched me but I don't see you that way." Eric said laughing.

"Oh, shut up. What the heck just happened?" Devon pushed away from him.

"Uh, hmm, electrical problem. Either a ghost or an angel. Since the lights exploded I am leaning more towards angel."

"Whoa, what? An angel? They are real?"

"Oh very, but they aren't what people think they are. They have black wings, they are sneaky, and they usually aren't trustful. Everyone needs to keep an eye out for one. If you see one put a ring of holy oil around them and light it. It hopefully will trap them."

"Hopefully?"

"Well, I saw it on a TV show. It was Canadian so I trusted it."

Everyone rolled their eyes, but since it was all they had to go by, they went with it. I went over to my bag and got out a vile of holy oil and put it in my pocket. Michael and Eric did the same. Devon and David stood over to the side awkwardly, I reached back into my bag and got out two more things of the oil and tossed them towards them. They put them in their pockets and we all sat down.

I looked over at Eric, the look of unsure in his face worried me. He turned to me and gave me a fake smile to try to cover it up. It reminded me of that one time Michael punched a wall and faked smiled to hide the pain in his face. For the first time Eric froze in fear. From what I've learned about angels they can kill whatever they want and send them to purgatory forever. They were strong and fast but Lucifer always was stronger. He still couldn't kill angles though, if he did then it would start a war between Heaven and Hell that would possibly end the world.

The bedside lamp started to flicker and we all stood up, Michael poured a ring of holy oil in front of the door. At the exact moment he finished the door flew open and pushed us back to the ground. In the doorway stood a man with black wings, he walked into the ring and David lit the ring of oil on fire.

"Oh, so you caught me. What next?" The angel said.

"Who are you?" I asked as I walked up to the fire.

"As you already know, I'm an angel. I am the Archangel Uriel. The angel of purity and the angel of Sunday. You want me to cut to the chase right? Lucifer is trying to break free from his cage to kill God and take over. He sent his horsemen to earth and they attacked many people. We managed to capture Death and War. I was sent to you you kids to tell you you need to capture Pestilence and Famine."

"Wait, how do we capture them? That seems almost impossible. Is there a weapon we need?"

"As a matter of fact there is. Zechariah's Sword, but it was thrown into purgatory when we fought War. One or two of you need to go down there and find it. "

"But don't angels and demons that were killed go there? Devon and David can't go down. I vote Eric and I. Michael would stay with David and Devon to keep them safe."

"Good. Then it's settled. Yes, dead angels and demons are down there. Demons won't attack you but look out for my brothers and sisters." He laughed as Eric threw water around him to put out the fire.

Eric and I looked at each other and then back at Uriel. We nodded to show that we were ready to go. I honestly wasn't ready. What if we get killed? I thought. As if Eric heard me he nudged me and whispered that is was alright. Uriel walked in front of Eric and I and placed a hand on our shoulders. They were cold, as if he had been locked in a freezer for days upon days. He blinked and smiled at us. The room started shaking making everyone start to lose balance. The floor started to crumble and Eric and I began to fall through and down into the black abyss under us.

We hit the ground quicker than we thought. It was cold and hard like cement but it was grassy to the touch. We made it into purgatory. Next, look for a sword we've never seen before and when we find it go back to Earth and capture two horsemen. I must be dreaming. It didn't feel real but the rush of adrenaline I had was so intense that it had to of been real. Eric looked like he was going to be sick. His first time fighting without his bag of weapons and spells.

"We've got this, Hazel. We just need that sword and we are out of here." Eric said as he walked forward.

"Not so fast kids, you both need to know how it feels to fight an angel." A woman with short black hair that matched her wings said.

"Bring it, sister."

She lunged toward us about to attack when Uriel appeared behind her and stabbed her with a sword. She turned to dust and her ashes flew away. Eric and I were shocked at what just happened. It's not like we've experienced seeing a death of an angel that had already been killed. Also we had just met an angel for the first time about a half an hour ago. Uriel handed over the sword to me. The words on the side were Latin it said "Peace Within Purity". A sword obviously meant for Uriel.

"That's an angel sword. Most angels down here were killed by them. One hit to a vital organ and they a down, forever. And down here it turns them into dust. Be careful with it. I expect two swords when you return." Uriel stated and then quickly vanished.

Eric and I quickly realized that we had to survive this place just to find a sword to capture, not kill, two horsemen. Plus angels in every corner, angels that want to kill us. Then again we did have a sword that can turn dead angles into dust. I think that's all we needed. We ventured forward towards a small tombstone. The letters were, just like the angel sword, in Latin. 'Crowley, the honored crossroads demon'. Eric leaned down and stared at the words closely.

After what felt like an hour of searching purgatory we still couldn't find Zechariah's Sword. Every time we would sit for a break an angel would sneak up and fight us. We took turns killing them but after a while Eric had it the whole time. I saw something in the distance, something sticking out of the ground at an angle. It looked like a sword. Surely it couldn't be that simple as walking over there and pulling it out of the ground, I thought.

A small sword, that was about two feet long, was sticking straight out of the ground in front of us. I gripped the handle expecting it to stay still but it came right out with ease. Eric gave me a shocked look and I shared the same look back. A few seconds later the ground started to shake and we started to run back to where we fell. Colors of the trees started to smear around us because we were running so fast. Behind us the forest like ground started to crumble down into blackness.

I gripped the sword tightly in my hands as a we approached where we fell. There was a ball of white floating midair, a portal back to Earth. As we got closer the ground fell quicker. We could feel it fall under our feet after every step. Finally we reached the portal and jumped through. We landed on the carpet of the hotel room. Devon, David, Michael and Uriel all stood around us in a small circle. David helped us up to our feet and we thanked him.

"Here. This is it. The sword. I have to admit," I tried to catch my breath. "it was almost too easy to get."

"Well that must have been record time. Plus, you're alive. But I have some bad news for you two." Uriel stated.

"W-what?"

"This is Crowley's Sword. The crossroads symbol is right on the handle. And I just got news that Zechariah's Sword is somewhere in this town. All of you can look for it. Good luck, when you have found it I will be there to retrieve it." He vanished.

"You've got to be kidding me!" I collapsed onto a bed face first and screamed into a pillow. He was kidding, right? Now we have to look all over town for a sword that most likely isn't even there. Oh well, we will do it tomorrow, I thought. A few moments later I quickly fell asleep with clothes and boots that's we're covered in angel blood on. I didn't care about anything that morning but sleep. And when I woke up we would deal with the sword issue.

Chapter 4 Wrong Turn

I woke up knowing that it was going to be a horrible day. Eric and I were dropped into purgatory by Uriel, the archangel of Sunday. We were sent to get a sword and when we found sword we found out it was the wrong one and the right one is in this town.

When I sat up everyone was awake and getting ready. Eric and Michael were glaring at each other. I had forgotten that they hated each other since they met. It didn't make things better when Eric became my friend and joined the gang. They have fought over little things like who was going to pay for lunch or what we were going to watch on TV. Either way, I just learned to get used to it.

"Alright, love birds, stop staring at each other." I said rolling off the bed and onto the floor.

"Look who finally decided to wake up. Come on, get dressed. We are leaving for lunch and then to search for that sword you and Eric didn't find." Michael said in a flat yet sarcastic tone.

I got up off the ground and over to the bathroom. My bag sat on the ground next to the sink, I bent down and got my clothes out and quickly got dressed. In the other room I heard my phone ring so I rushed out to answer it.

"Luke? Hey, how are you?" I quickly answered.

"Hey, I was calling to confess something. Are you with everyone?" Luke whispered into the phone.

"Yeah, I will put it on speaker phone." I did.

"Good. Guys, uh, have you been chased by demons for no reason? If yes, then that is my fault. I made a deal with a demon and I couldn't, um, cough up the end of my bargain. It's like the freaking demon mafia has put a hit on me. I need you guys to come here and sort this out. Please?"

"Deals with demons? Why did you do that? Fine we will head to Arizona as soon as we are done with the quest for the lost sword and then capture the two remaining horsemen."

"Right, well good luck with that. I need to go, see you. bye." He hung up.

Great, now we have to deal with Luke's mess on top of the mess with the sword. We all gave each other a look of disappointment that was meant for Luke. He used to get in trouble not with demons. This was a new level of stupid, but he knew it. I still wanted to know why he made a deal with a demon in the first place. Oh well, I'm sure he will tell us when we get there. I swear, he always gets in trouble and Eric, Michael, and I are always the ones that have to cleaan it up, but this time we get show Luke who David and Devon are.

Devon and David weren't what you say, social. They were both home schooled and just came to public school the past year. They weren't used to people and usually stayed in each others rooms. No, they aren't siblings but they live together because they have been best friends since preschool. I am guessing he moved in with her because his parents did not want to deal with his death.

"Okay guys, let's head out. First, we will get some lunch and then go to the forest to look for this sword. No fooling around." Eric said as he picked up his jacket and sunglasses.

"Right, yeah. Let's go." Michael grabbed his keys and walked out the door. We all followed in a row like ducklings following their mother.

We headed towards a diner that was right across the street from the forest. We couldn't go to Kelly's anymore and this one was cheaper. The parking lot was empty but the diner was still open, we went inside only to find that the place was empty. A few workers in the back were talking and then turned to us. One walked towards us and took us to a booth. At first he seemed friendly but then something in his eyes changed and he seemed empty. We ignored it because his eyes only seemed empty, they didn't change colors.

I thought to myself about how weird that was, maybe we was just a cold person?As if i thought too soon, the air cold cold and we saw our breath. We all snapped up out of our seats, Michael took out a gun and kept it low. He slid out of the booth and walked towards the waiter who was in the back making our order. Michael tapped his shoulder and he turned around, this time his eyes were a dark red. He lunged at Michael and the rest of us ran over to help. He motioned his hand towards Eric and David, making them fly into the wall and crashing into tables. Devon and I snuck up from behind, Michael slid his gun over and I took it, placed the gun up to the guy and pulled the trigger. It let out a scream and then busted into ashes, all over Michael. We backed away slowly and out of the diner and into the car.

"Well, That was, uh, odd." Eric said, reaching for his gun in the glove box.

"Yeah, well, since Luke said we were going to run into demons a lot, to me, it wasn't that odd." Michael said smirking and glaring at Eric.

"Children. Come on lets go into the forest to find this stupid sword." I snapped them out of their glaring. "I swear the next time you two fight, I will smack you both upside the head until you cough up brains."

"Point taken, sis." Michael said getting out of the car.

We got out of the car after him and headed into the forest. It was very foggy so we couldn't see very far in front of us. Everyone split up and searched for the sword alone. I didn't find it so I headed back to the car. When I got there Devon and David were sitting on the hood of the car. I asked them if Eric and Michael were still out there and they said yes. Great, if they run into each other its bound to start a bat fight. i ran back into the forest to look for them.

I was running around the forest yelling Eric and michael's names. No one responded so I ran faster. I didn't pay attention to my surroundings and ended up tripping on a short tree stump. I was just about to hit the ground when Eric caught me by my sides and pulled me up. He smiledsked if I was okay. I nodded. What he asked next scared me.

"Have you seen Michael?" Eric sounded concerned.

"No. That's why I came back looking for you guys. You had been gone for a while." I said feeling sick.

"Come on, then. We need to find him. I may hate him but he is very important to the group and he is your brother and I don't want to see you upset."

"Right. Wait, what?. Never mind. Alright, lets go. Stick together this time."

"Alright."

We ran back to the car to get Devon and David and explain what happened. They agreed to help with the search and we ran back into the forest. Eric and I were in a group and Devon and David were in another. They took the left side of the of forest and Eric and I took the right. We all searched for hours and the sun was just about to set. I refused to give up hope. I ran to the middle of the forest and screamed Michael's name as loud as I could. No answer, at first. There was a faint yell coming from the end of the forest. Everyone heard it and started running to it.

At the end of the forest there was a cliff. We ran so fast to it we almost fell off but we caught ourselves. Just as we made sure we were safe standing on a cliff, it started to move. Cracks opened on the ground all around us and we were trapped. The ground started falling off the cliff and
down to the ground below. A few seconds later we followed. Falling to the ground, but then instead of hitting the ground we kept going. Everything around us turned black. of course, we didn't know if any sounds were happening due to us screaming. Then, we hit land.

I looked up to see that we were in the arctic. Not what I expected. Everyone else started to walk around, yelling Michael's name. Nothing. I started to walk with everyone. Then, we all stopped dead in our tracks. It finally hit us. How are we going to get home? Eric looked around really quickly to see if there was a way home. About a mile in front of us we saw someone. Michael. We started running over to him but right when we got to him the ground crumbled again and we fell.

Again, we all screamed until we hit ground. When we did, we looked around and all sighed of relief. Finally back in Canton, next to the car. Right as we were getting in the car someone walks out of the forest. Honestly, it was not the person I wanted to see.

"Hello, kids. Did you like that trick?" Uriel said laughing.

"Oh, you have got to be kidding me! You did that? You took us to the freaking acrtic for fun? Or did you have a reason? Tell us, now!" I screamed.

"Well, there are two reasons. One, it was a clue to where the sword may be. Now I am not saying it's in the arctic but it is somewhere cold. Two, well, we just like to freak people out."

"Oh, how nice. We appreciate that. Now, we are just going to leave and go back to the hotel room. I do not want to see you there. If we need your help we kill call. Thanks, bye."

"Fine." He vanished

"What. A. Jerk."

We got in the car and drove to the hotel room. Michael and Eric were fighting about something small again. This time I didn't feel like breaking them up. All I could think about was the clue. Somewhere cold. What if it meant there was a sword locked inside a freezer? Or maybe it was in the arctic. Either way it wasn't going to be easy to find it. Oh well, we were going to discuss it when we got to the hotel.

Because Eric was to busy fighting with Michael, he didn't see that the light ahead was red. Devon and David were talking to each other and didn't see it either. I looked up right as we got up to the light. I screamed but I was to late. A black truck hit us from the side and the car skidded across the road. We all got out of the car as fast as we could when it stopped. the driver of the truck got out to check on us.

"I'm sorry, that was all my fault. I ran the light." Eric said and then looked up at the person. "Hey, Wait a minute."

"You! I can't believe it. I could have hit anyone but it had to be you guys." Ella said staring over at me.

"Listen, I'm sorry but we need to get out of here before the cops get here." He ran over to the car and told everyone to get their things. All of it.

"Why do you have to leave with everything? Did you steal the car or something?"

"Yes. Oh, and if you tell anyone you know we will track you down and i think you know the rest. Bye."

We all gathered our things and ran down the road, slowing down when the cops drove by, then running once they passed. Once we got to the hotel room everything settled down. Michael went over to the mini fridge and got out three blood bags. He gave one to me and anther to Eric, the third was for himself. We all three drank them. Devon went over to her bag and got out some trail mix and ate it. We all agreed that it had been a long day and laid down on the beds. About an hour later everyone was asleep but me. I couldn't stop thinking about the sword.

I got up from the bed and walked outside. Of course, I didn't want to do what I was about to do but I had to. Maybe, it isn't a good idea. No, this is important. I kept telling myself. A couple who was just checking into the hotel kept staring at me. I blinked to show them that I also have pue black eyes. They quickly ran inside their room. Okay, now I can do this.

Uriel, I need you. you need to explain all of this to me. Forget about the others, I need to know. I have a feeling that you know exactly where the sword is but you want to see if a could supernatural kids can find. Or are you genuinely in need of help? Please, just tell me. No, don't give me silence. Hurry, before the others figure out I'm trying to talk to you without them. I will do whatever you want if you tell what you know. i swear I will not tell the others.

"Deal." Uriel stood behind me.