The Gift of Ashling

Author's note: I had a dream when i was four yaers old and there was a boy in my dream and i ended up meeting...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: I had a dream when i was four yaers old and there was a boy in my dream and i ended up meeting him 9 years later he is now my best friend. I told my grandmother about it and she too had dreams similar she told me about the story of the Irish second sight and it inspired me to write about it.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 Next »

the Song and the Butterfly

The first dream i could remember was a beautiful blonde haired green eyed and pale skinned Irish woman rocking me in her arms singing, "In Dublin's fair city
where the girls are so pretty
I first set my eyes on sweet Molly Malone
She wheeled her wheel barrow
through streets broad and narrow
Crying “Cockles and mussels alive, alive oh!".
As she placated my wines with her lullaby a beautiful peacock butterfly passed by it was springtime in Dublin. As
the lullaby in the chapter is a real Irish lullaby called Molly Molane
the years have passed i revisited this dream time and time again . i was beginning to get an inkling that this beautiful lady that sang to me in my dreams was my mother. As i grew with maturity i began to look more and more like her my skin clear and pale white like hers my hair thin and blonde like hers and my eyes bright and green just like hers. I longed to know her, i longed to be in her arms once more, but this dream was soon to be crushed because when i was six years old my dreams for told a tragedy in it'self. The night was cold and snow made the Dublin cobble stone a tad slippery. There she was walking down the road most likely on her way home when a man approached her from behind. He grabbed her by her arm and she turned around only to gasp in terror. The man was older but not too old , however far older then her maybe late forties early fifties . He shoked her violently demanding and answer , however she only responded with cries of pain and fear. The man than stopped almost like he was going to leave her be , however this was not the case he then reached into her coat pocket with melancholy preciseness he stabbed her in the chest and removed the knife then wiped the blade with her scarf . My heart dropped into my stomach as i watched her fall to the ground gasping for air with tears streaming down her face. The mans question was " oh, Molly dear where is she?" As her body laid on the cold Dublin street he walled away singing this very same song. " In Dublin's fair city
where the girls are so pretty
She wheeled her wheel barrow
through streets broad and narrow
Crying “Cockles and mussels alive, alive oh!

Alive alive oh
alive alive ohh
Crying cockles and mussels
alive alive ohhh

She was a fishmonger
and sure t’was no wonder
For so were her mother and father before
They wheeled their wheel barrow
through the streets broad and narrow
Crying cockles and mussels alive alive oh

Alive alive oh
alive alive ohh
Crying cockles and mussels
alive alive ohhh

She died of a fever
and no one could save her
and that was the end of sweet Molly Malone
now her ghost wheels her barrow through streets broad and narrow

Alive alive oh
alive alive ohh
Crying cockles and mussels
alive alive ohhh." With a god awful grin from ear to ear he walked away . This dream haunted me for years and When i was older i wanted to see if this dream was merely fiction or reality. So i researched the murder of a women in Dublin and i found an article in The Dublin Daily. Sure enough there lied her cold lifeless body and the incident evidently taken place only a few weeks after my dream . The day was Decemember 3rd, 2000 and her name was Molly Fitzgerald she was twenty-five years old when she died of a stab wound to her chest.

I have yet to find out the name of her killer , but i believe my dreams will help me. I hate him and i believe he is after me? my mother gave me the gift of Ashling to help the world and although i could not help her i'm determined to give her the justice she deserves. I don't know what this man wanted and i will never for get his face. I Ashling Eva Allen will find him and make him suffer like Molly suffered. The only thing i need to be answered is the question of who did he want from molly and where is she? Could the girl be me?
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 Next »