Home > Novel (Fiction) > Other Novels > Romeo and Juliet--A Parody

Romeo and Juliet--A Parody

CarrieAnn13
Romeo and Juliet--A Parody
Summary: Juliet Capulet is just your average teenage girl until a chance meeting at a community dance changes her life forever. She meets Romeo Montague, who immediately starts stalking her, claiming they are meant to be together. For Juliet, this is just too much; she calls the police. How did such a story inspire the great William Shakespeare? It's not how you think!

This book has 208 comments. Post your own now!

Miss-Jr-Teen said...
Feb. 10 at 7:35 pm
This is really good i like to twist on the original your parody was simply amazing.

Dragon_HeartThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 29 at 12:18 pm
Wow this version is better than the one they had us read at school XD

spinnerofyarnsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I never liked Romeo and Juliet, but your parody is quite amusing! Your Juliet is ever so much more sensible than the original character. Just one thing -- on page 4, you say that Romeo "lived a long, happy life in medieval London," but I believe the Elizabethan period (Shakespeare's time) was actually during the Renaissance, not the Middle Ages.

SarahBlumThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Oh my gosh! In LOVE with this story! A++ job! @LittleInker I was actually thinking the same thing with the Shakespeare/Juliet fic. That would be so ironic and adorable.

LittleInkerThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Sept. 4, 2015 at 8:42 am
I like this. I like how the stranger is constantly following Romeo and Juliet around writing down the tale of their misadventured love. (Gasp!) Future fanfic between Young William Shakespeare and Juliet Capulet???????

Thefanatasticagirlie101This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
This was really good. It lightened my mood a lot. Star-croosed lovers weren't meant to be, so yaya!!!

itserratic said...
your so cool. you changed a boring old story into a funny parody. 

reubenater100 said...
Jun. 29, 2014 at 10:13 am
Amazing parody. i am studying romeo and juliet at school just now and am thouroughly sick of it so it is good to find something with a bit of humour in it. keep up the good work

WOWriting said...
Apr. 22, 2014 at 9:20 am
I really like this parody. I've never read Romeo and Juliet, only heard about what happens in it, but this is still really great. I think it ended a bit abruptly and you could have maybe developed Romeo and Juliet's relationship so that something more happened with them to inspire the rest of Shakespeare's play, but it's still great and I generally like the story. It's amazing.

CurlyGirl17 said...
This was cute! I LOVE parodies; you did great at retelling the story. I'd really appreciate it if you checked out my story, The Sky's the Limit in the Romance section- you do such a good job! By the way, congrats on all the comments :)

T. Grace said...
This looks like a very cute piece! I compete in a homeschool highschool speech and debate league and I love preforming funny pieces as one of my speeches, and I would be interest in useing this one. However the leauge requires the piece to have been published with a copyright data and as well as and ISBN number. So I was wondering if this has been published or if you would even allow me to use is in my compitition? 

Elizabeth C. said...
Aug. 17, 2013 at 12:27 am
So funny !! Loved it

CarrieAnn13 replied...
Aug. 19, 2013 at 1:44 am
Thank you! :)

AgentK said...
Its great!! I love the twist you plled on the old story... More! More!

CarrieAnn13 replied...
Jun. 22, 2013 at 2:14 am
Thank you very much! :)  I'm glad you enjoyed it.

rhea752 said...
Lol this is so funny!!! I had to read Romeo & Juliet this year so it's great to see such an awesome parody after having to know the play inside out :P

CarrieAnn13 replied...
That's great!  And thank you so much for commenting. :)

Imagineer said...
That was awesome, great resolution.

CarrieAnn13 replied...
May 9, 2013 at 1:30 am
Thank you very much! :)

Laugh-it-Out This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
We just finished Romeo and Juliet in school, so I know the play realy well, too well. Great job and really nice story. It was funny.