Saved | Teen Ink

Saved

May 12, 2011
By SecretAdvantage, Bonner Springs, Kansas
More by this author
SecretAdvantage, Bonner Springs, Kansas
0 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
Lovin you is like loving a hamburger(:


Author's note: this peice is based off a dream that I had. I just wrote it down.

I was so terrified that night no one was awake and it was so unusual. It was strange when I got home from work that night I mean no one was awake. They were all passed out except my Father. It was like he made everyone go to sleep. I stepped in the door and to the kitchen for a little food because I had not yet eaten. He was standing in a dark corner of the kitchen.
He stared at me and said “Where in the hell have you been?!?!”
I looked at him and said quietly “I have been at work, where you know I was so don’t even go there!”
His nose flared and he said “Don’t get an attitude with me young lady I was only worried about where you were.”
I looked at him and said “Yeah sure that’s the case.”
He didn’t respond to what I had to say, so I walkd away he grabbed my arm and said “Where do you think you’re going now?”
I responded saying “I am ggoing my room now let go!”
My father ran after me up the stairs, but before he could get a hold of me I was in my room blocking the door. It wasn’t much time before his strength over powered mine and I was knocked out not remembering a thing from that night. I mean other then ggoing my car after work. What if it was my father that had made me pass out? On the 16th of June 2008 I woke up in a hospital. Not even knowing then who I was. When I woke up a lady looked at me and smiled with tears of happiness, saying “Oh thank god you are okay, you have been in a coma for 3 months and we almost pulled the plug on you.” I was talking to a woman I didn’t even know. Who was she? She looked at me and spoke again saying “Do you even know who I am?” There was the question I wanted to know who this woman was? In slight smile the woman replied back saying “I am your mother and this is your father; then you also have a twin brother that’s Zane and two more siblings at home.”
My face was in shock because I couldn’t even remember who I was. My mother looked at me and said “Amelia is your name you’re sixteen years old and a sophomore in high school.”

Okay so now that I know my name and age, let’s find out what happened to me. I looked at my mother and said “Why am I in this hospital?”

My mother softly said “You are in here because you were in a car wreck someone was in the car with you, but no one has identified him yet and hopefully they will very soon.” I was thinking that, that was not what actually happened if I remember right I had come home from work and my father was standing there in the kitchen corner waiting for me, but I can never be quit sure. I mean why would my own father want to hurt me like this? Wait how did he get me into the car into the first place if I was knocked out.
Anyway even if it was him lets hope something doesn’t happen like this again. I mean even if it does I hope it will go away. My mother would be so upset if they would have had the plug pulled on me. Waking up in the hospital was even a blur. I wanted my brother Zane to come to the hospital and well of course my mother said “yes.”
Zane came to the hospital around dinner time and ate with me. The hospital food was so horrible, it tasted so nasty. I mean what else was I ggoing eat; fast food. While eating I slowly started to remember things that weren’t clear to me when I first woke up. I did come home from work that night and walkd in the door for some food. Then my dad started to yell at me because I wasn’t home strait after work. We started to fight and then it went all blank. What happened after that? I wanted to find out more of the “accident.” Who was responsible for making me this badly injureed. After awhile things started to get a little worse my dad was acting like I didn’t even exist anymore. It was about one week after I woke up that I returned home. I asked my doctor before I left the hospital, if I could return back to work anytime soon and they said “Give it a month.”

I walked into the front door, all I heard was my two little siblings running down the stairs yelling “Amelia are you okay?” Once again they said “How are you feeling?” I smiled in joy that I was back home and got to see my two siblings, but I couldn’t remember what their names were. I leaned toward my mother and said “What are their names?” My mother grinned and said “Their names are Braxton and Aaralyn.” Aaralyn and Braxton ran and jumped into my arms. At what I could see Braxton was about four years old and Aaralyn was about two years old. I gave them a big hug as they looked at me and said “Will you come watch a movie with us?” I looked at both of them and gave them both the slightest smile and said “Of course I will I would love to!” We all started to walk over to the couch then I said “Mom where is dad?” She looked at me like he wasn’t okay anymore. Then softly said “Come to the kitchen with me, I need to talk to you.”
“I will be right back.” I said to Braxton and Aaralyn.
All they did was smile, I thought it was cute. When I walked into the kitchen my mother told me that my father was going to go to the hospital because it was possible that he had cancer and that it was probably incurable. I was stunned that dad might have an incurable type of cancer. “Mom what are we going to do?” I said softly. My mom looked at me and insecurely said “I have absolutely no clue right now, your father is in the hospital and will be there until his treatment is done.” I was wondering why he didn’t want to come home until the treat meant was all said and done for. I mean what is he hiding from the family and me. I mean if he is it has to be way more important then we would think. What would I have to do to find out what my own father would be hiding from me?

I walked back out into the living room right after my mom was finished talking to me. I went and finished watching the movie with my brother and sister. At around six o’clock we went to go see dad right after dinner. Zane and I weren’t too happy about going and seeing dad. He was making us angry that he wouldn’t even come home and be with his family. When now he is in the hospital and suffering nothing, but nasty hospital food and annoying nurses. I just wish Zane, dad, and I would all get along better mom new that we weren’t to happy about him making this decision to stay in the hospital. If it was my choice I would make him come home.

That night after I got home from the hospital, everything was out of place things not in their spot and broken glass. It was like we walked in on a robbery. Zane and I heard foot steps walking up and down the hallway, upstairs. We headed up the stairs and Zane’s window was open all we saw was a black shadow running off into the woods. That was the last we ever heard of that robbery after that no one ever broke into our house again.

It was about a month after the incident when we returned home. We had our house under a lot of surveillance. To make sure the robber would never come back. If it wasn’t for my dad and his illness I highly dought that anyone would come investigate. When we returned home again things were just like they were before we left, eating dinner at five and then going to the hospital afterword at around six-thirty. It was like no one even cares about anybody, but my father. It was always the weirdest things ever. I mean if they would just pay attention to me for a minute or anyone else in my family that would be fine, but in this case the way things are going in this direction is that my father was going to die.
For a month on people keep saying how it was so unusual how my father developed cancer, he was born with it and no one knew he had it till it was too late to do anything about it. All I could have thought about was if my father was going to make it or if he was just going to be sent off to heaven. Okay, so I have that question what is heaven really? Could there actually be a place where you can talk to god. All these thoughts running through my head were making me so angry that I gave up and told everyone that ever thought of my dad as a savoir that they would be hell bound! What are people thinking when they say you’re my savior. When they should know that god is their one and only savior. What the hell are they thinking?! It was wrong and taken so out of proportion. If only I could calm myself. Even the littlest of things upset me now. I can’t even have someone tell me that my English papers needed some work done. What in the hell is wrong with me?! What the flip I should be worrying about my father, but instead I am worried that no one will even care about me or anybody else anymore. I had to find out what was wrong.

So it has been a month since I wanted to know what was wrong. Well it’s some bad news. I am pregnant. I have never had sex before though so how was it even possible that I was. I mean I don’t even have a boyfriend and I am sixteen years old, almost seventeen. I really didn’t have any choice to find out who was the father and how could I have gotten pregnant if I have never had sex. Unless I got….raped. That word sent chills down my back and before I knew it I was sitting there in the hospital trying to get over what I had just found out. I had to tell my mom at some point or another or else I would have never made it through the pregnancy. My mother and I sat down that night. I told her how I had never ever in my whole life had sex and she said that she knew that I didn’t. So we looked at every possible option for who could have raped me. More bad news is my father was the last one who saw me that night. Before the car wreck. No boys’ just girls. I went to stay at my friend’s house that night, but before I did I think I went home to find clothes. I don’t remember anything from that night at all really other then some certain things. Now it was time to find out who did this to me.

Who was this man that had thought he didn’t get me pregnant. I always thought that I was going to end up like this one day just not this early. If I would have know that probably would have been better, but since this man thought that he could get away with something like that I was so terrified it might happen again.

I was only three months pregnant when a call from a guy at my school came in. He wanted to know where I had been because he missed me so much and that we never got to go on that date he promised me at the beginning of the year. His name was Nicholas Mathews. Such a cute guy!! Kind of country, but then again he was also kind of a buff guy. I was afraid to tell him what actually happened to me so I asked him if he would met me for lunch the next day. It was hopefully going to go well. Oh wait what was I going to wear on this “date.” I ran up the stairs and asked my mother if I could go have lunch with him and although this pregnancy was in the way of any chance I had with him, she agreed to it. I ran down the hallway to my room and if it wasn’t for my mom saying yes I might have never gotten a chance. Now that things are getting better I mean although the baby and such are the worst parts. Things do get better all over time.

At lunch that day with Nick it was perfect and I thought that maybe we actually had a small chance of being together, but apparently we have a greater chance then I thought that we did. He looked at me like I was someone different and that he didn’t care what was wrong with me. What if I looked at you and told you I was in love with you, what would you have done? Our conversation had just started out with how have we been and that stuff then it was time to tell him.
“Nick?” I said questioning.
“What is it Amelia?” Nick said softly. Once more he spoke saying “Please don’t be scared to tell me, I love you.”
I looked at him and said “Well, I am pregnant.” His eyes widen but he still replied “How?”
I didn’t really want to tell him what happened, but I had to.
I looked him and I could feel the tears starting to flow down. I then said “I was raped.”
I could see it in his eyes he was shocked and terrified, yet he still replied over what I had to say.
“Okay, well I am her for you the whole way through.” Nick replied.
I was happy that he had said that and if he wouldn’t have I have no clue what I would have done. I looked at him and smiled, then said “Really?”
“Why of course, I love you.” He said in the sweetest tone it was like it was wrapping around my whole body. “I love you too Nick.” I said back to him.
I knew that he felt that way when he said that to me first. Our conversation went on for hours after that and I knew that I had fallen in love with the right guy for the first time ever.
It was like I was the special one for the first time ever and if it wasn’t for this guy I probably would have never gotten to where I am now. What if I told you that I wanted to be with you forever what would you do?

So it was time to meet his parents we have been dating for almost three months now and I just don’t think that his parents will like me because of the baby. You know what even if they don’t like that, I will do my best to make sure that they like me a lot. If only they would know what I was going through right now. Although Nick and I had only been together for three weeks, we were madly in love. Come to think about it the more time I spent with Nick the less time I spent with my father so I wasn’t getting angry all the time anymore. I mean the few times we went to the hospital Nick was there and he would always calm me down when I got mad. It was love at first site for him and I.
It was almost one hour before I got to meet his family and I was shaking just thinking that I would screw something up. When we arrived there his mother Mrs. Mathews greeted me with a hug saying how pretty I was. Then his dad Mr. Mathews gave me a hug to and told me how lucky Nick was to have me. I just kind of giggled and kept my mouth shut most of the time. If it wasn’t for him I would have never gotten throughout that day all by myself. Nick’s family was perfect! I loved them they all treated me so well even his older brothers.
One thing I didn’t know about the day meeting his parents it was also a baby shower. How sweet was that. They told me that they thought that I was so perfect then they gave me gifts and cake. Oh yeah did I mention they even had games to play. His mother pulled me aside though for a few minutes and asked me how I really got pregnant because she knew that it wasn’t Nick’s kid. I then told her what actually happened and she was in shock just like Nick was the first time I told him. His mother only smiled and said “Well I know Nicholas will be a great father, even if it isn’t his.” I looked at her and said “He does know that the baby is not his and he knows what happened too, I told him everything.” She never replied back, but we then walked back out into the living room and joined everyone else in the games. At around eleven o’clock Nick decided that it was time to go back to my house for the night, but then when we got there no one was home. So we went upstairs and went to bed we had a long day ahead of us. We were going to go look at apartments.

I was already the next day and well it was time to go find us an apartment and find out if the baby was a boy or a girl. We went apartment hunting until the doctor’s appointment. We had found the perfect two bedroom apartment. It had just enough room for all three of us. I was already six months pregnant and well I was really hoping that I would have a girl. She would be so beautiful and well Nick on the other hand well he want a baby boy. Either way I will be just as happy to have a baby.
It was time for the doctor’s appointment and I was lying on that table for the sonogram when Dr. Bray came in and told Nicholas and I the good news. Not only were we having one baby, but we were having two twins, a boy and a girl. Wait that sounds familiar a boy my brother Zane and a girl me. Oh my gosh!! I know who raped me… It was……..MY FATHER!!!! I was so angry. When I told my mom that I had found an apartment and that I was having a boy and a girl, she flipped with excitement until I told her I knew who raped me. She had already figured that out though because when my dad was on the medication he was out of it. He started to dream and then the words came right out of his mouth my mother knew that it was all wrong. She told the doctor’s that they could do whatever then she told my dad be expecting to hear from our lawyer and don’t ever step foot in our house again. I was just as angry as my mother was so angry that I screamed and cried until Nick came to my rescue again and calmed me down. WHAT THE HELL WAS MY FATHER THINKING?!?!? How could he have put me in this much pain!?! I can’t believe him right now. You know what all though the bible says treat your parents with the up most respect. Screw him!! I hate this man to death.

It was already time for the court date a month after the six month mark which means I am seven months pregnant now. Nick has supported me throughout the whole thing and so has his parents. They had enough evidence to put my father away. First he assaulted me, and then he raped me, and last but not least tried to kill me. So obviously they had a whole lot of proof to put this man away for life. I mean after all that I would hope that they had enough to put him away for life. Anyway, what the hell was I going to do now? I was seven months pregnant, dating the love of my life, and having to move out all in that whole time. So what in the hell my life is just “perfect!” NOT!!! I hate my life right about now. All though I love Nicholas and my twins. I HATE my father!! When that life that I had was some what perfect now it is just dramatic, it will never change the fact that I do and I always will. When would you have thought that my life was ever perfect that my dad always had money to buy his way out of things and now he didn’t that is how much the things had changed in my life.

My mother had something to tell me the day that I had gotten home from court. We sat down and talked. She looked at me with tears in her eyes saying “I did something very wrong before you and Zane was born.” “What is it?” I said with a questionable voice. “Well your dad isn’t your real father.” She said in a faint voice. I couldn’t even reply back to what she had to say. I was in such deep pain that the man who raised me the man that I loved wasn’t even my real father. If he isn’t then who is and why did my mother wait to tell me sixteen years later, almost seventeen? I have no clue at this point with the questions that are all going through my head. “His name is Andy Summers.” She said. “I wouldn’t be angry if you would want to find him, he always writes to you and your brother. Every week, he wants to make sure your okay.” She replied. “Mom are you serious right now.” I said letting my voice slip. I wonder if my father has a MySpace I could find him there. What if I were to write him letters then send it to him. I am so confused right now. I have no clue to even remotely do something about this situation. My so called father that raised me hurt me, got me pregnant, and could die anytime. I couldn’t even believe that my mother would hide something like this from me. I wanted to meet who ever was my real father was I wanted to know why he even left me in the first place. Why did he leave my mother? I got on MySpace that day and searched his name nothing was to be found. So I got out a pen and paper and wrote him a letter. I will read the letter when I’m done with it. A couple hours had passed and I had the perfect letter for him to read.

Dear Andy,

I am Amelia your daughter. I am now sixteen years old and the years have gone by that my mother didn’t even bother to mention you. I hear you write me every week and the more that I think of how my mother told me that this man that raped me is my father. His name is Damon. I hate him and I always will. He drives me insane we are pressing many charges against him and it is enough to put him away forever. I am pregnant though and it’s because of Damon. I think so little of this man because he hurt me. I have a boyfriend his name is Nick. I wanted you to know all of this stuff because I want you to know if I would have know about you sooner I would have written you everyday. I wish I could have grown up to have a better dad then Damon. Now I am telling you this right now if you think that you can actually think that I will take you as my dad right away your wrong, but if you think that you can gain my trust go ahead. Know that even know I have never met you I love you and I will never give that up. Promise me though that you will never ever leave my brother Zane and me again.
Love,

Amelia

I thought that this letter was very interesting so I sent to the last known address he was at a week ago. Well I’m pretty sure that it worked because he called me that week and said that he didn’t know all that stuff and he is glad he knows now. He said that he never left my brother and me and well I was so excited to hear his voice that I believed every word. What else was I going to do at this point?

I really don’t have anything to say at this point sitting in this room telling you my whole story. I ended up meeting my real father and then my twins were born I named them Ava and Andrew. They are now two years old and I am married to Nicholas. It will be a year in three months. Oh, did I mention my mother and real father got back together. Damon passed away and everything is going on like nothing ever happened. I graduated last month and now that these miserable things are all over I can move on with my life like nothing ever happened. My twin Zane is going to college in the fall and will major in journalism. My little siblings will continue to live with my parents until they graduate. One more thing I am now extremely happy that I have a good life.



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 3 comments.


on May. 17 2011 at 6:48 am
AbbyOliver6 BRONZE, New York, New York
1 article 0 photos 57 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Every cloud has a silver lining" and "I don't get distracted easil-SQUIRREL!"

oops i meant goes too quickly

 


on May. 17 2011 at 6:48 am
SecretAdvantage, Bonner Springs, Kansas
0 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
Lovin you is like loving a hamburger(:

please comment i would like to know what people think of my work(:

on May. 17 2011 at 6:48 am
AbbyOliver6 BRONZE, New York, New York
1 article 0 photos 57 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Every cloud has a silver lining" and "I don't get distracted easil-SQUIRREL!"

This is intersting, except it does too quietly. You need to slow it down, because if you don't people won't read it. I think the first couple sentences are good, but you need to add more action. And ditch the 2 years ago and 2 years later stuff, it ruins the whole thing.