Panaraw School for girls | Teen Ink

Panaraw School for girls

April 4, 2011
By ImAnAlien SILVER, grand Junction, Colorado
More by this author
ImAnAlien SILVER, Grand Junction, Colorado
9 articles 0 photos 8 comments

Favorite Quote:
so stick that in your juice box and suck it


Ok, so, I’m going to start off by saying that my name is Lynn I’m 6’9”. I’m one of the palest people you’ll ever meet. My hair is black and goes down to my butt. My eyes are green with hints of yellow when the sun hits them right. I guess I’ll tell you what everyone else says about me even though I don’t agree; the call my skinny, or that if I turn sideways that I’ll disappear. That does not mean I believe it though.



I go to Panaraw School for girls in New York. I’ll say this now; I hate it. My mom sent me here when she got remarried to some guy that I only spent like 4 hours with at the wedding, and then they shipped me here. And I’ve only heard from my mom twice in the two years that I’ve been here, and I’ve been here for almost a whole year this time around. I spent Christmas here with the teacher and the one other student that took me under their wing when I showed up here. School is 4 weeks from being out and I still don’t know where my home is now. Mom and the new loser in her life don’t tell me anything. All I know is that the letter I sent to my little sister two weeks ago got sent back to me and said they moved with no forwarding address.



Ok so moving on from the crap hole I call a family, I’m here and I kinda like it. I have met some cool people as in my best friend ever! Her name is Alice, she is 4’11”and a half (don’t ever forget that half she might take your head off) and she hates it. She has olive colored skin. She has short straight very fine black hair with very dark eyes. Which fit her very nicely because if you’re not on her good side you might as well stay as far away from her as you can, she has an evil side.



Crystal (A.k.a Miss. Miller) has become my mom here; she treats me like her daughter. She is two inches taller than me making her an even 6’11” and she doesn’t mind being tall even though she’s always hitting her head on things. She has really light blond thick hair that comes just below her shoulders and it has a little bit of a wave to it. Her eyes are a really light mixture of green and blue. To say the least, she’s hot (no I’m not hitting on my teacher I don’t roll like that). So that covers her as my favorite teacher ever.

Then there are the girls that we hate. And, guess what? They hate us back. It’s a mutual agreement to hate each other. There are two of them, the taller one is Abby, she is taller than me but her hair is not nearly as pretty as mine is. The other girl’s name is Jazzman. She is just as tall as I am but she has olive colored skin and black hair that comes to the middle of her back. And again I will say that we hate each other, have since the day I became friends with Alice, I really don’t care if they like me or not, Alice is a great friend.

Back at home before Mom married that loser, we were a normal family. We fought, made up and had game/ movie night. Mom worked hard. Analease and I did well in school and kept things good at home while Mom worked. We were happy with it just being the three of us. Analease and I even got along better than most sisters do.

Mom started staying later and later at work and coming up with reasons to go out on the weekend. I knew that something was going on. That’s when she came home one evening and told us that we were going to have a new “Dad”. She was getting married. I looked at her like she was crazy and blew it off. Analease got upset and she felt like she was going to lose her mom and me and in the end she did lose me. They sent me here two days after they got back from the honeymoon and they don’t let me talk to her anymore. They cut off my cell phone and changed her number; I have no way to get in contact with her.

When I first got here it was hell for me. I didn’t know anyone, and I hate being the new kid. That’s when I met my roommate (that I was not so happy about having in the first place), Alice. We clicked as soon as I hung up my poster that came with the new Sick Puppies album. We started talking about music and it was all uphill from there.

Home room comp 12 the next day is where I met the evil twins (witch Alice told me about beforehand so they would not completely kill me in front of everyone)and that’s when I saw how truly evil they really were. I sat in the middle of the class room, not too far forward, not too far back, but right in the middle. I liked that spot because I had a nice view of the whiteboard and the window. It was beautiful outside. They walked in like they owned the place,
“Get the hell outta my seat new girl” she said, and waited for me to move and when I didn’t she got all prissy and said, “Now”
“No”, I said looking up at them with anger in my eyes
“This is my seat. I have sat here all term and you need to move. Now”
“No,” I repeated not giving up my prefect spot “Your name is not on the desk or the chair so I don’t have to move and guess what, little girl, I’m not going to”. And she sighed and walked to the back of the room. YES, score one point for me! That’s when Miss Miller walked in and introduced me and I sat back now in my newly claimed seat in the middle of the class room. Right now, it was good to be me.

So, now that everyone knew who the new girl was, it was, all over or at least almost, just 6 more classes to make it through. Good news was that it was the only one that the Evil twins were in and I had my most loved class next, DRAMA! If I could do anything in this life it was act and I was damn good at it. And to top it all off, I love it. So it works for me.

You know the gist of everything now, and not much has changed. I’m sitting in biology and I’m bored outta my mind. The teacher is just rambling on and on about flower sex organs and explaining how a flower is just a dead sex organ. I’m not really listening to much she is saying, I’m passing notes with Alice, yes, like middle school. She keeps saying how she can’t wait to be outta this class, this is our last class of the day and how she wants to go so she can eat.

Over the intercom comes the principal’s voice “There will be an assembly today right after class. Everyone is required to be at the gym at 4:00. That will be all. Sorry for the inconvenience”

“Well this should be good”, Alice whispered

“I know, right. This never happens unless something is going to change soon”.

“I wonder what happened.”

“Me too”, I whispered back
The sound of the bell was a relief. We all filed out of the classroom and down the hall to the gym. The bleachers were pulled out and Alice and I went all the way to the top like we always do when they are pulled out.

“Hello everyone, I hope you’ve all had a good day. Yes, I know all of you are wondering why this assembly today. Well I will tell you, there are going to be changes starting next semester”, she paused. “We are going to be combining Panaraw School for Girls and Panaraw School for Boys. They are doing a remodel and cannot close the school for the semester. So, I have agreed to combine them.” She pauses again “Yes, ladies I know this a shock to you. And, yes, this means we have to move everyone who now stays in North and West wings throughout the school. Which means you will all now be three or four to a room. Yes, space will be tight but I have faith that you will be able to handle it. Ok, you may all leave now. If any of you have questions please come speak to me in private. I know things are not easy for some of you. Have a good rest of the evening”

“Oh well, that’s just ducking great, now will I not only have to share a room with one person I will have to share a room with two, just great,” Abby muttered as she started down the bleachers.

“Oh stop with the whining, Abby, you’ll be just fine. I promise that if you get stuck with me I won’t put whip cream all over you while you sleep,” I said.

“Ouch, burn point for the good side of things” Alice high fived me.

“Shut up, you don’t even know what you are talking about, you new girl”

“Um, hello, I’m not the new girl anymore” I said cranky,

“You’ll always be the new girl. You name is not worth remembering.”

“Burn point over her for us, right, Abby?” Jazzman asked slightly confused

“Yes, you dummy. Now it’s time to go. I can feel their ugliness wearing off on me,” Abby yelled and stomped down the bleachers.

“Damn, someone needs to take a breath and calm down,” I giggled and Alice and I made our way down the bleachers.

“And I need food before I rip someone’s head off.” Alice said.

“We will be back to our room soon enough,” I said. Then added loudly, “just as long as these people get the hell out of the way!” Heads turned to look at me and I just looked around and acted like I didn’t know what was going on as I giggled silently to myself.

As we make it back to our room we realize that there is someone standing by our door; we give this person a what the hell do you want look until we get close enough to see that it’s the first guy we have seen in months. “What does he want?” I asked quickly.

“I don’t know. Beats me. Guess we’ll have to go ask him.” We walk like there’s nothing wrong and we didn’t even notice him at all. We reach the door and he extends his hand.

“Hi, I’m Kenneth and I’m starting here next semester and I just wanted to come say hi to my new roomies,” he said smiling. all I’m going to say is, ‘YUM’. His voice is deep and he’s tall, taller than me. His hair is a deep brown and his eyes, are a blue I’ve never seen in my life. I can’t say anything. Just stand there like a huge dork. “Um, I hope I’m not intruding on anything ladies,” he said so sweetly and kinda towards me, I felt like I melted and my brain was mashed potatoes and I couldn’t speak. Thank gosh, that Alice was there cuz she chimed in right then.

“No, Kenn, I hope it’s ok that I call you Kenn. She is just tired, she had a long day and is hungry and just wants to go to sleep. And it’s good to meet the new roomie; I hope you don’t mind sharing a room with two girls that are not normal.” She giggled “Would you like to come and we can talk beds and dressers and cloths and Lynn can eat and maybe she’ll be ok”. She opened the door and he walked in. She jabbed me in the ribs and said, “Snap out of it girl he’s not that damn cute”. All I could do was nod and walk in the room. I went straight to the mini fridge and got my water and my yogurt and sat on my bed and started eating very slow and lady like. Gees what’s come over me? I’m never like this. This is all too weird for my liking.

“Hey, I think I’m gonna hit the shower and call it a night. I am tired and drained; I just want my bed and my pillow. And, hey, don’t worry about waking me up. I’ll be out like a light as soon as my head hits the pillow. I don’t think I’ll be up ‘til morning, when Alice has to pry me from my dreams and my bed”. They nodded and as I walked out of the room I turned to look at Alice with the come talk to me eyes.

As I closed the door I heard her say, “Hey, I’m gonna go make sure she’s ok and is really just tired and make sure she is feeling sick and I need to drag her to the nurse and have her looked at. I’ll be right back. Feel free to look around if you want?” and she chased me down the hall. “Hey.” I stopped and turned to look at her, “What’s up with you? I’ve never seen you act like that before.”

“You’ve also never seen me around a guy I think is cute or that I like.” I feel my face get really red and I turned so she couldn’t see me. “Alice you have to remember that I haven’t seen a guy since I came here in August. You got to go home for Christmas I didn’t. You get to see the outside world every once in a while; I don’t. It gets hard not being able to see a guy and I’m not used to it so that’s why I am acting like this. I’m sorry I have my phone. Text me when he leaves and let me know that it’s safe to come back to the room. I’ll come up with something I have to do in there. I’ll clean if I have to. I can’t handle being that close to him. So, you have fun and please don’t tell him any of this, Alice.” I gave her a hug and turned to go

“I won’t, Lynn, I’ll leave him just for you. And plus he’s not my type anyways. Have fun in the shower.” She giggled and left me standing in the hall. As I walked to the shower, I noticed that there were lots of guys standing in the halls by the girl’s rooms. I was shocked.

When I reached the showers there was no one in there, I sighed in relief and walked to the last stall and took my shower. Standing in the showers waiting for my phone to go off letting me know that it was safe to go back to my room I started thinking, Hey that’s my room; why can’t I be in my room? Oh yeah there’s a boy in there. Duh, I can’t go back in there ‘til he leaves. There was a chirp and it was Alice telling me that it was safe. So, I grabbed me shower stuff and walked in to the hall only to run into the guy that was going to become my roommate.

“Hi. Sorry,” he said as he caught me and didn’t let me fall, “I didn’t see you coming. Are you ok?”

“Yeah, I’m fine.” I said feeling my checks get red.

“Are you sure? We hit pretty hard” and as he said it I realized that my head did hurt where I smacked in to him.

“Yeah I’m fine just hit my head for the umpteenth time. I’ll be ok; I’m used to it.”

“I’ve never meet someone who knows what it’s like to hit their head all the time.”
“Well, I do and it’s ok. I’m just going to go back to my room and get some sleep.”
“Here, I’ll walk with you. If you want me to that is.” I nodded and we were walking and I was trying to stay quiet so I didn’t make a fool of myself. I just went with it. Half way back to the room he stopped me look at me and said “Ya’ know, you are really cute.” I was instantly red. I turned away from him so he couldn’t see me blush. He made me look at him. He looked at me and in the sweetest way said, “Awe you’re blushing. I didn’t mean to make you blush, I’m sorry”
I looked at him and into his eyes and I said, “Its ok, I’m just not used to seeing guys. I’ve been here since August and it’s not something I’m used to. That’s all”. He looked like I just hit him. I could see the hurt in his eyes; he turned to walk away. I grabbed his arm and stopped him. “I haven’t seen anyone as cute as you are in even longer than that. I’m from a little town where everyone knows everyone and they’re all short and look the same.” He just looked at me. “Remember, you said that you were going to walk me back to my room?”
I took his hand in mine; making the first move which is something I never do and he took my hand back and pulled me into his side. We started walking back to what was soon going to become our room. He smiled at me and in that moment I believed in love at first sight. I sighed and leaned into him.
Way too soon we came to my room. He stopped and looked at me, “I don’t have to leave for another hour. Can I come in and talk with you?” I just opened the door and walked in pulling him with me.
Alice’s jaw dropped to the floor and she looked at me like ‘oh my god he’s touching you and you’re not wigging out. I saw the question in her eyes and I gave her the I’ll tell you later’ look. She nodded and said, “You’re back, and how sweet of you to walk Lynn back to the room.”

He looked at her and smiled “My pleasure. I would walk this pretty lady anywhere in the world.” He smiled at me and leaned and hesitantly kissed my forehead.
Alice almost screamed. I thought her head was gonna pop off and she was gonna go all ‘killer puppy’ on us, but she didn’t. She pushed us both on the bed and sat on hers and demanded, “You two better start talking right now. Right this second and do it fast.”

He looked at me and I nodded and he started, “I was walking down the hall.”
“When I came out of the bathroom,”

“We ran right into each other.”
“He offered to walk me back to the room.”
“In the middle of the hall I stopped to tell her I thought she was cute. I made her blush and then I thought she turned me down. I stared to walk away, she stopped me, explained what she meant. We walked back to the room and here we are. That’s it, end of story,” he said
She looked at us with a blank face. For a moment I thought we killed her and she was doing to fall over and die from shock. But she didn’t. All she said was, “Wow that’s nice for you two.” I leaned into him and he wrapped his arms around me. The last thing I remember before falling asleep like that was Alice saying that we looked cute together. That was it.

I’m awakened by the knock on the door. Alice gets up to answer it and it’s the non-other Jazzmen standing at our door. “What do you want?”
“I came to tell you that we are all having a big diner with the boys. I got told to pass it along so that’s what I’m doing”
“Well thanks for the memo. We’ll be there.” She shut the door, turned around and looked at me and said, “get ready for dinner. You can tell you’ve been sleeping.” I did what I was told and got ready for dinner.
Walking down the hall to the dining hall Jazzmen walked up behind me, “So I see you’ve met my next boyfriend,” She looked at Kenn and put her hand on his arm and said, “Hey Baby.” He didn’t even look at her.
“Back the hell off my man, you prep” He wrapped his arm around my waist, looked at me. I could see that he didn’t like her and he wanted her to leave him alone and then he mouthed SAVE ME. I glared at her and stepped between them breaking the contact she had made to his arm. “I won’t tell you again. Leave him alone!”
I turned to keep walking when she grabbed my arm and spun me around. “And I’ll only say this once. I get what I want. I always have and I always will. And there’s nothing you or your short little friend can do about it!”
I turned quickly to look at Alice and her eyes were red. She was pissed. She shoved Jazzmen into the wall like it was a twig on the ground, “Look here you little twitch. I may be short but I could kick your ass in a heartbeat and I will if you don’t leave me AND my friends alone.” Alice hit the wall next her and turned to me and in the sweetest voice I’ve ever heard her use in my life, “Would you like to get the lunch room so we can get a good table?” We both nodded and the three of us walked to the lunch room giggling about how scared she looked.
“I thought she was gonna pee herself,” I giggled.
“Me too,” Kenn giggled next to me.
Alice looked at him, “I thought you were gonna pee yourself. The look in your eye was priceless” She giggled evilly. It made my skin crawl. Right then we walked in the lunch room and we found our table. Miss Miller was saving it for us like she always did. She didn’t have a class before dinner so she could get in there and get the table by the window with a great view that everyone loved but never got, unless they sat with us.
“Miss Miller, this is Kenn. He is our new roommate. And Lynn’s new boy toy.” She giggled as she sat down in her spot next to the edge of the bench by Miss Miller.
“He’s not my boy toy, Crystal, he’s my boyfriend.”
“Oh my, gosh, Alice, what did you do to your hand this time?”
Me and Kenn both looked down at her hand that was bruised and swollen and Kenn answered that question for her. “She hit the wall next to some chick named Jazzmen and scared the s*** outta her because she wouldn’t let Lynn and me go to dinner and she was hitting on me. At least that’s the gist of what happened. I’ll tell you what though, I WONT BE PISSING HER OFF EVER, that’s for sure.” And he said it without a giggle or a laugh.
I giggled, “She’s not that bad. I’ve seen her worse than that”
“From the sound of it, so have I”
“I’m fine: I promise it doesn’t even hurt,” Alice said as Crystal took her hand and started looking at it.
“I don’t care if it doesn’t. It needs to be wrapped and iced. And you’re not going to fight me on this young lady. Do you understand me?”
“Fine,” Alice said as she reached in her purse and grabbed the ace bandage she carried with her all the time for her knee. She handed it to Crystal who gently wrapped her hand and Alice just sighed and let it happen, cuz she knew if she fought it that she would be going to the nurse who would have to expel her for hitting the wall again.
“So, does anyone know what’s for dinner?” I ask breaking the silence.
“Pizza, I think” Kenn said answering my question.
“Oh, joy, joy, something I can’t eat,” Alice complained.
“Why can you eat it?” Kenn asked.
“She doesn’t eat meat and they don’t ever just make cheese,” I answered so she wouldn’t have to explain why.
“Oh ok, I get it. I’ll pick off you’re peperoni if you want me too.”
“No, its fine, I have food back in the room.”
“Want me to run and get something for you? I will,” I asked
“Yeah, I’ll go with you,” as we stood to leave the booth Kenn stayed sitting which surprised me, but I didn’t say anything about it. Walking down the hall to the room it was quiet. Neither of us said anything.
I turned to her and said, “Thank you for having my back in the hall earlier. I don’t know what I would have done if you wouldn’t have done something first.”
She kept looking ahead and said, “You’re welcome.”
“What’s wrong?”
“Nothing.”
“You’re lying to me. You know you can’t lie to me; tell me what happened”
“No, its fine. I’m just thinking.”
“Thinking about what?”
“Nothing. Would you just forget it? Please.”
I sighed and whispered “fine.” The rest of that night was a blur. We went to dinner and that’s all I remember really

ChSo, it’s a new semester and nothing has changed. I’m still with Kenn and he is now my roommate. School starts back up today and I’m not looking forward to it. I hate school. I don’t know what to do Alice seems really down these days she just sleeps a lot. Hopefully, she pulls out of the funk she is in. soon. I have two classes with Kenn and three with Alice and 3 with those evil twins. We still hate each other and I’m so thankful that we don’t have to share a room.
Today went by kind of fast. I’m in 6th block. “Would you just shut the hell up already? No one cares what you did on break Jazzmen!” I yelled.
“You’re just jealous because you had to stay here.”
“I bet you I had more fun here then you did at home with your little bitchy friends. And, again, no one wants to know what you did over break. You need to shut up before I make you.”
“Go for it. Make me shut up, hey, your ‘little’ friend isn’t here you can’t make me shut up.”
“Want to watch me?” I stood up and knocked her on her ass. She looked up at me from the floor holding her jaw and she started to cry and got up and ran out of the class joined by her little puppy, Abby. The class went nuts with the “high fives” and “you rocks” and “you should have done that a long time ago”. I just sat back down and waited for class to start.
After class I when back to my room to find Alice crying. She tried to play like she wasn’t, but I could tell she was. “Alice, honey, what happened? What’s wrong?”
“Nothing, Lynn, just drop it”
“No, you are crying. What the hell happened? Tell me who else I’m going to hit today?”
She looked at me and said “Again?”
“I hit Jazzmen today. But that has nothing to do with why you are crying. Now tell me what happened.”
“There’s this guy in my history class and I really like him. Like, a lot. And I talked to him today and I realized how much of a jerk he is. And it sucks because he’s really cute and I really, really like him”
“Honey, he’s just a guy. There are others here that are so into you.”
“But you haven’t seen this one”
“What’s his name?”
“You can’t say anything to him. He doesn’t know that I like him”
“I won’t. Now tall me with his name is”
“His name is Jake.”
“Like Jake, from math?”
“Yeah that Jake”
“Can I invite him to sit with us at dinner or can I see if Kenn will ask him to and play it off like he needs another guy to help him out at a table full of girls?”
“Sure, if you think it will work”
“I’ll even tell Crystal that she is sitting by me and Kenn tonight and we’ll make him sit by you”
“Ok.” She leaned over and hugged me. For the first time in the 2 years that I’ve known her she’s never hugged anyone. Next thing I know Kenn is walking into the room ruining our huge moment.
“What happened honey,” he asked as he sat on the bed.
I looked at her and she nodded her head letting me know that I could tell him everything “There’s this guy that she really likes and she talked to him today and he was a jerk and she’s upset because she really likes this guy. We came up with the idea that you can ask him to sit with us tonight at dinner because you need another guy at a table full of girls. His name is Jake.” I looked at him with puppy eyes and sweetly asked “Baby will you do it for me? Please.”
“And me, Kenny, please?”
“What does he look like?”
“He’s not much taller than me and he has blonde hair that falls in his face all the time. He’s the one in history with us.”
“Oh, so that’s what happened in there. And, yes, I will do it. But I want something out of it.” He giggled
“What would that be?” we said in unison.
“A kiss from my girl,” I leaded over and kissed him.
“Oh gag, you two get off my bed with that mushy crap,” she pushed us off her bed, got up and went to the mirror, fixed her hair, grabbed my eyeliner (which is the only thing I wear) and put some on. We just watched, dumb founded, because she never wore any make-up at all. “Well what are you two waiting for? Let’s go to dinner”
Walking down, the hall Alice was like, “Ok, wait back to what you said earlier. You hit Jazzmen today?”
I just smiled, “Yep, I sure did. She popped off for the last time so I knocked her on her skinny little butt.”
Kenn giggled, “Nice job, Babe. She’d had that coming since she touched my arm in the hall.” I just smiled and kept walking.

Crystal was already at the table when we got there. “I’ll go tell her what’s going on. You two go get ‘Dinner.’” I giggled and walked to the table. “So, table seating going to be different. Come sit over here with me tonight, Kenn is going to bring Alice’s crush to sit with us tonight”
She raised her eyebrows at me “Really? She has a crush?”
“Yep, and he was a jerk because he was with his friends so we figure that if Kenn asks him for ‘help’ with all the girls at the table then she can really talk to him and maybe he won’t be a jerk this time. And you’re sitting over here because I am going to make him sit by her.” I giggled
She laughed, “You’re bad Lynn. You’re bad and you’re good at it!”
I giggled and just nodded as she moved over next to me. She smiled up at Alice as she returned to the table and winked at her letting know her know she was in on everything. Kenn and Jake showed up and Kenn winked as Jake sat down and slid over so Alice could sit down. We all shared a look followed by a giggle between us, girls.
“See what I mean, man, they’re always doing this to me. Sometimes I think they’re all freakishly physically connected in some utterly creepy way.”
“I do, I get it now. And I feel for you man. My ex and her friends where the same way back when I went to RSH.””
“So, I know someone that,-“I smacked him.
“He knows someone that had to deal with the same thing,” I said glaring over at Kenn.
“Yeah, so. How was your day, Jake?” Alice asked changing the subject.
“Good, I guess, and sorry about today in class. My friend was pissing me off and you came over at the wrong time.”
“It’s all good. So, hey, I got a question for ya,’” he nodded “Are you single? I heard you say an ‘ex’ earlier and was wondering?”
“Yeah, sadly, I am,” I smiled at her and then at him and back at her. It took him a minute to get the hint. “Ok, my turn. I have a question for you,” Alice nodded with a mouth full of food. “Are you single? I haven’t heard you say one thing about a boyfriend or an ex and a girl as gorgeous as you have to have a boyfriend.”
Alice and I shared a smile between us and she nodded, “I’m single. I’m waiting for this guy to ask me,” she said looking up at him.
“Who would this guy be?” he sounded so sad. I tilted my head and gave him a look and nudged him under the table. He looked at me and I looked at her then back to him, “Oh, it’s me, huh?”
She smiled, “Yes, silly, it’s you.”
“Will you go out with me?” he asked and I could barely hear him. He got slightly red when he said it like he’d never made the first move before. I giggled at this.
“AWEEEEE,” Crystal and I cooed together.
I looked at Alice, “Will you go with me get some more milk?”
“Sure,” she said as she wiggled out from under his arm. As we got out of ear shot of the table, “So now you a have a boyfriend, I saw him as being much shorter.”
“Oh, shut up you!” she poked me in the ribs and I squeaked, “He’s perfect,” she blushed.

“Aweeeeee, you’re adorable.”
“Shut up,” she said as she was punching my arm.
I sighed, “Fine.”
As we got back to the table we heard the end of Crystal’s ‘if you hurt her speech’, “I’m not kidding if you hurt Alice you will no longer be a man.”
“Crystal, stop scaring the pour boy!” I said sitting down.
“Sadly, I don’t think she’s kidding,” Kenn said.
“It’s all good, man; she’s just a teacher. I mean, come on, Dads are worse than teachers when it comes to their girls.”
“I know what you mean, man.”
“Well, hey, you won’t have to deal with my Dad. He doesn’t care.”
“Same over here. They shipped me here to get rid of me,” I added.
The bell released us all and we went our different ways. Kenn and I went to sit at our tree like we do every night after dinner. Crystal went to get plans for tomorrow in class and I have no idea what Alice and Jake did.

The next day went like it should class after class. Totally normal until dinner. I lost it when I heard Jazzman talking crap for the last time. I picked her up by her shirt, “Ok, you little Bitch, you listen to me, and you listen now! You won’t ever say anything negative about my boyfriend or my best friend ever again! You won’t even speak their names! Do you understand me?” I yelled just inches from her face. She nodded and I put her down.
I stood there for a moment just to see that she was ok. I turned to walk away, “Lynn, you’re a whore,” I turned around and I don’t remember anything after that. The next thing I remember is Kenn coming into the room.
“Hey Babe, why you so down today?” Kenn asked
“Because I beat the hell outta Jazzmen today,” Jaws dropped. “She said the wrong thing at the wrong time and I snapped! I told her she needed to keep her mouth shut or else. She picked ‘or else’. I beat the hell outta her.”
“Wow, didn’t think you had it in you to do something like that.” Kenn said
“There’s a lot you guys don’t know about my past,” I whispered hoping they wouldn’t hear me.
“Like what,” Alice asked me
“Like that fact that I’m a black belt. I used to fight every chance I got, and most of the fights I don’t even remember. There is a term for it but I’ve always called it blacking out. I get mad and things happen and I don’t remember doing them. It’s a disorder my dad had. He gave it to me. Now the only thing I can do is let it go and move on. There is nothing they can do about it. They can’t charge me with anything if she’s not too badly hurt.”
The knock on the door gave me the out I needed. It was Abby, “The dean wants you in her office now. Jazzmen is in surgery. I hope you’re fucking happy”
I walked into the dean’s office, “First off, I want to say that she started it; I told her to leave my friends alone. And I need to know if you have read my file?”
“Yes, Lynn, I have, I have called you here to tell you that I will keep you informed on everything that happens to Jazzmen”
“Ok?” I said confused
“You’re not in trouble. I got statements from everyone who was there. That and reading your file; I think I have all the information I need. I just want you to know that I will be sure that everything is settled with the girls. You may go back to your room now.”
I walked to the door and stopped, “I am thinking I’m going to go spend some time with my Grandma. I want to leave tomorrow afternoon.”
“Ok, I will see that it happens,” and I went back to my room.
I left the next day at 4:30 after I’d said good bye to all of my friends, I gave them my number so they could get a hold of me. They had direct orders from Grandma to call every night. They were all planning on spending the summer with me and Grandma at the ranch.



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.