New Teen Ink Book: Bullying Under Attack Barnes & Noble Amazon

One girl a million insecurities

Author's note: this was written out of anger,hurt, and improvement to myself as a person.
Author's note: this was written out of anger,hurt, and improvement to myself as a person.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 Next »

A NEW TOWN

We got to Holden and to our new place and as soon as we got there I didn’t feel right at all. I stepped into the house, I felt as though I was something wasn’t right about this place. We got settled in and the first night we were there I didn’t sleep. I didn’t feel like I belonged in Holden. It just wasn’t the place for me, but I didn’t really have a say on where we were going to live. I knew I was going to be here for a while.
A few weeks’ later conversations about school were being brought up. So my and my mom went to go see what school I would be going to. I was going to be starting 6th grade. At first we went to the wrong one then we pulled into the parking lot of Mountview Middle School. It looked like a jail, and I was being summoned to death there, that’s almost how it was. I went in it didn’t look bad from inside; mom and I went to the office to sign me up for that school. I didn’t know what to expect…
Soon the summer ended and the day came when I had to go to this new school. I was so nervous I didn’t know anyone, so I was scared no one would like me and that I would have no friends. The night before my first day I was just thinking what is going to happen? Then I said to myself “ ill walk in confidant, fearless, under control not nervous”. I went to sleep.

Timekeeper This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jan. 29, 2011 at 11:43 am:

God, it seems like Middle School was the  tougest time for almost everyone. This was very honest and relatable, and it takes courage to share your personal stories!

Please check out my novel "SuperNOVA" and post your thoughts on it! Thanks :D

misstywaterfall replied...
Jan. 29, 2011 at 12:04 pm :
yah it was and thanks