Lost In Air | Teen Ink

Lost In Air

December 21, 2010
By Anonymous

Author's note: This is my NaNoWriMo story thta has not been edited all the wya let. I wanted to hear what others thought of it on the plot, not the spelling or grammer. I hope people cna tell me what they think so I can make this book the best it can be,

The author's comments:
This is for NaNoWriMo so less foces on the spelling and more on the plot.

Don’t you hate it when people have stereotypes? For example, all short people and red-heads have a big temper, people from the south and blonds are dumb, and if you like the color black you must be emo. I can tell you right now that none of those are true. I’m a blond who is from the south and I’m not dumb. I like the color black, but I’m not emo. To tell you the truth, I’m a very happy person and can be very hyper. I will admit, I do have a temper and I am a little bit short (5’2), but that’s not my point. What I’m trying to prove is that just like books, you can’t judge people by their covers.

So when I walked up to the ticket booth and asked, with my southern drawl, for one ticket to New York City, the teller gave me the ‘rich girl from a rich school’ looks. Of course that might have to do with the fact that I was wearing my school uniform for Forever Sorcery Academy. Or as the humans call it, Franklin Smith Academy. That it is a private school that cost thousands of dollars in fees and is a school for the rich. But I know the truth about how FSA is really a school for young Sorcerers and Sorceresses. It’s been my dream to attend that school ever since I turned 10. Sadly, at that time it was a boy’s only school. Luckily, that had changed over the summer and I am able to attend the school for my freshman year of high school. Now I can show up all those boys with some real girl magic power.

“Welcome, and thank you for riding New York Air Lines. We are your best transportation to New York year round. Please come again.” The flight attendant said, with her fake smile and I rolled my eyes in disgust. After all, when you can read peoples mind without even trying, it can get really annoying when people think the same thing about you every time. Spoiled, rich girl, snob, good business. It’s all the same! If they knew what I could do, they would never even dare to make those comments. Even if those thought were all in their heads.

I looked out the plane window after I got on the plane and looked around. The grass is greener on the other side they say. Well that’s most definitely true if you’re from a little run down town like Perryville. Everyone lives in the capital or Faitville, so no one really lived out in the true west, where its hot everyday in the summer, fall, winter, and spring. That’s was one of the main reason I wanted to go to New York. They have snow. Lots of snow compared to my home, where we get snow about once every three years. I’ve always had dreams of seeing a real snow. With the tiny white snowflakes that melt in your month and make you feel warm feeling on the inside. I just want to have one snow at this school, and then my life will be complete. Truly and totally complete.

By the time we were half-way to New York, I was sound asleep in a wonderful dream filled with magic and snow. I was flying above the city with a pair of neon purple wings that seemed to leave little sparks every were they touched in the sky. My blond hair flew behind me as I soared through the sky, and stopped in front of a building that I had never seen before. It had a large steel gate that looked like it was made to keep people out and not let people in. The sign on the gate read Netween Academy.

I heard a great rumble and saw a flash of bright yellow light. Next thing I knew I was back on the plane as it started to land. This was my new home for the next few years in the city that snows.
I was surrounded by tons of people when I got off the plane. People to my left and right and people with so many stories to tell. One woman who walked past me was worrying about the morgage while a young man was trying to stop his true love from running away. There were so many minds in one room that my head started to hurt very badly. It was really hard to control my own thought’s right then. I had to fight the urge to scream at everyone to stop thinking and be quiet. I walked towards the nearest exit so I could get all of these people out of my head.

To my surprise and irritation, there were more people outside then there were inside. Luckily I was able to find a girl wearing the same uniform as I was hopping into a cab. The only problem was that the cab was on the other side of the street. I waved my hands around like an idiot trying to capture their attention. All of my plans totally failed. Miserably if I do say so myself. If only I could find a way to get over there. A silly grin spread across my face as a light bulb arrived over my head. It glowed the color of a new bright idea. I closed my eyes and imagined all the cabs and people soundly stopping in the middle of the road. All the people froze like wax figures. When I opened my eyes, my thoughts came true, everything was silent and still. “Sweet,” I walked right through the lanes of traffic without a care in the world. They weren’t going anywhere after all. Right before my eyes, the whole scene changed. Cars started to move right toward me, and with a whisk of shining white light, I was safely in the back of the cab with a girl with light brown hair.

“You need to be more careful when you use magic! You could have gotten yourself killed!” exclaimed an old man behind the front wheel. “You're lucky I caught on in time to save you from getting hit! “He had silver-grey hair and shining blue eyes that looked like the night.

“Sorry. How was I supposed to know that would happen? I was only trying to get into to this cab before ya’ll left for the Academy.” I muttered under my breath. I did not need some old man lecturing me about how to use my own magic. Then it dawned on to me. Who were these people? How did they know about magic?

“Wait. Who are you and how did you know what happened?”

“Simple. When you’ve been going to a magic school for the past eight years, you learn a thing or two. Now hold on you two, we’re about to enter the tunnel. This will be a bumpy ride.” Out of the corner of my eye, I saw a devious smile spread across his face.

“What do you mean by hold on TIGHT?!” I started screaming at the top of my lungs with the girl next to me as we gained speed and was flying through the air. I’m not even sure who fats we were going, but it was at least 80 miles per hour.

“Freshman. They’re so much fun to watch.” He rolled his eyes and then yelled back to use, “Calm down. We are almost here so stop screaming like little girls.”

“If you haven’t noticed, we are girls” The girl next to me reapplied. I’d calmed down considerably, and looked at the girl next to me. Her long brown hair was super curly and tied up into two pigtails. Her eyes were a light ice colored blue that seemed to glow in the darkness of the tunnel. She wore the same light purple shirt and gray skirt that I wore, only with blue stockings instead of purple ones.

“O’really. I haven’t noticed. Thank you from telling me.” Muttered Mr. Sarcastic in the front.

“You could go without the sarcasm buddy.” The girl thought inside of her head.

“No thanks. I like using my sarcasm. That’s why everyone calls me Sam, the Sarcasm guy. So what’s your story Icis?” Sam smiled and Icis mouth fell wide open.

“H-How did you know my name?” she asked in a much higher voice than normal.

“You’re a telepath.” I tried to read his mind but I couldn’t.

“That’s right Karin, I’m a telepath. A way stronger one than you are, so don’t even try to read my mind. I have two parts to my power. Half of my lineage is from the mind-reading planet Eclipses, the other half from Tarres. Home of rocks and dirt.”

“So you’re part fairy.” Icis scoffed. “Fairies are one of the lowest magical beings. I’m part Ice demon, and that makes me stronger then you.” I turned and glared at her. So what if someone is part fairy. That has nothing to do with how powerful you are. I’m part fairy, so that means I have to automatically be weaker then you!

“Right you are Karin. Icis, you will learn very quickly at this school that just because you have a certain blood line, doesn’t make you any stronger. I’m in the top of my class and look at me. I have fairy blood. You might want to learn this quickly or no one will like you at this school. We all work together to better master our powers.” I wish I could describe the look on Icis face, but there were no words I could use. She looked as everything she has been told was falling to pieces before her very eyes.

“Now enough talk, because it is time you little girls to get to take a look at your new school.” I looked out my window to see I humungous building. It had two big wooden doors and a grand staircase just to get into the building.

“So, all you have to do is walk up to the gate and show your letter, and you enter. The guys at the gate will fill you in with the rest. I have to go and pick up more students. Don’t get lost!” he shouted as we walked out the door.

“Welcome to our future.” I said to Icis. “I hope we’re ready for the best day of our lives.”

“I totally agree, fairy girl. Let’s go.” Icis ran up to the gate and I followed her. This was going to be that start of a new me. A new school with new lessons to learn and new magic spells. If my dreams were being answered by a person above, I’m pretty sure they are now. A white snowflake fell on my blond hair and melted. I looked up and saw my first real snow.

“Icis, wait for me!” I cried as I followed her. We were both laughing like little kids and dancing in the falling snow.

“I can’t believe it’s snowing!” Icis spun in the air and landed on her feet.

“Same here! It’s like a dream come true. How could this day go wrong?” The gates swung open for us, and I had no idea what was in store for me. If I had, this story would be totally different than the one I’m about to tell you. Right behind those doors I saw a face I wouldn’t soon forget. A dark haired boy with an evil smile and an evil look in his eyes. Sure, I know I just meet him, but something other than the cold was giving me the goose bumps.

“Hello new students. Welcome to the Academy. I hope you all got here safely. I have a list of the dorms for the new female students. Make sure you all are downstairs by seven for dinner.” He passed out the lists of rooms and I found out I was in a room with two girls named Victoria and Mae in room 257.

“Looks like we’re not in the same room. But I think we are next door. Do you have room 257 or 255?” Icis asked.

“Yep. I have room 257 with two girls I don’t even know.” I showed her the paper in my hands.

“Cool. Let’s see who can find their room first. Loser has to stand outside from 5 to7 wearing nothing but shorts sleeves and shorts.”

“Deal! Ready, set, go!” I ran towards the nearest map and found were my room was. I closed my eyes and imagined myself standing in that very spot. When I opened them, I was right in front of room 257. As I opened the door, a flying object came shooting right at my head!



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.