From The Journal Of | Teen Ink

From The Journal Of

January 14, 2020
By DatWritahBoi, Westford, Massachusetts
More by this author
DatWritahBoi, Westford, Massachusetts
0 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Author's note:

This is a short story. I am an 8th grade student at Stony Brook Middle School. I started this on my own, but then in school we started making short stories, so I just continued the one that I had started.

From the journal of Christopher Hollis

I just got this digijournal today. My parents wanted me to have it so I can write down what I did once in a while. I don’t really know why because my life isn’t interesting at all. I live in New New York My name is Christopher Hollis. I'm a 13-year-old freshman in the upper district. I don’t have a girlfriend, I don’t have a best friend. I work at my father’s liquor store. My favorite teacher is holo-teacher #16 because me and a few other kids have tinkered with it to make it interesting.

-A digijournal is a journal that you write in, but all of the entries that you put in it uploads to the cloud just in case you lose it.

-A holo-teacher is a person that had all of their memories uploaded to the cloud and used as AI for projections of themselves.

From the journal of Christopher Hollis

I asked out a girl named Jenny Slate today, and she said yes. We are going on our first date this Friday to the really good historic place on the corner of Fifth and Hudson. It was actually built in the two thousands, in 2049! I get to drive her myself, as I got my hover-car license this past January. I just hope that I don’t screw up…

A hover car is exactly what it sounds like, but it can also go on the ground.

From the journal of Christopher Hollis

Last night I had my first kiss with Jenny, and she said that she wants to hang out again sometime! I think that means that I did well, and that I didn’t mess up! I'm really excited about this, because it could mean something good, and that this could turn into something serious. I have to go to bed now, so I'll write sometime soon.

From the journal of Christopher Hollis

I lost my journal and just found it today. A lot has happened since I last wrote in this - I went to college this past month. SOmething might ju When I got to college, a new techno virus had broken out in the Middle East, causing all electronics in a radius from the center of the country to glitch and malfunction.

From the journal of Christopher Hollis

 Happy 4th of July! The first teleportation machine was invented two months ago, and now almost every dorm in the school has one with destinations set to all of our classes, with each of our home addresses. I am thinking of proposing to Jenny when I get home from college. I also learned in history class that humans used to go to college for around four years, instead of six months!

From the journal of Christopher Hollis

I graduated college yesterday, and I proposed to Jenny at dinner, and she said yes! Our wedding is going to be in April, since we have the wedding planner bot do it for us. I am going to go, as they used to say, “radio silent” for a while.

A wedding planner bot is a bot that you program all of your favorite things into the bot and the company that built it creates the perfect wedding based on what the bot tells them, and what you tell the bot.

From the journal of Christopher Hollis

I’m married, I’m married! Jenny and I moved into our new house a few days ago and I write this from our bedroom. A UFO has appeared above Ohio this past Thursday and has been getting closer by the day. I am not sure whether to be afraid of it or to be excited, because of really old movies about people getting abducted by aliens. Last month, a scientist has found the cure to cancer, but is selling it for extremely high prices. I also got a job as a firefighter, but I have had no assignments yet.

From the journal of Christopher Hollis

I don’t have much time until I have to leave. Thankfully I have gotten my equipment on faster than most people, so I have a little bit of time to write this. There is a major fire in downtown New New York, and they need everyone in the station. Jenny, Mom, Dad, I know that I will see you after this.

Christopher M. Hollis died in a fire in downtown New New York from an explosion right after seeing a child and their dog out the door, and before that, saving five other people’s lives. Born on January 15th, 2173, he was the husband of Jenny T. (Slate) Hollis, and their unborn child, who was yet to be delivered and named, now born a few weeks ago and named Christopher. Mr. and Mrs. Christopher Hollis married in April, 2195 to thunderous applause and cheers. Mr. Hollis was an academic, working as a firefighter for three years even though graduating from Harvard’s medical school in 2195. He worked in his father’s liquor store and was unemployed as a grocery store bagger when he was sixteen due to robo-baggers taking his and other people’s jobs in that industry. He never had a best friend, and he never had any motivation to do anything other than his wife and family, but he did things like save other people’s lives. When he was a young boy, he never got into trouble. He stayed away from trouble, but then on multiple occasions he stood up for those who couldn’t stand up for themselves. His acts of kindness only got better as he got older - saving a young man’s life from being run over by a car when he was 14. His peers often came to him for advice, but he never got so much as a thank you. It was these small acts that shaped him into the hero that he was that day in the burning building, knowing that it was possible he would not return. These are acts of heroism that we hope day by day to see someone do half of this. If everyone was just a bit more like Christopher Michael Hollis, the world would just be that much better.

May 21st, 2208

From the journal of Christopher Hollis

My name is Christopher Hollis. It’s my 13th birthday today, and Mom wanted me to have this digijournal so I can write down what I am doing once in a while, but my life isn’t interesting at all. I’m a 13-year-old freshman in the upper district. I don’t have a girlfriend, I don’t have a best friend, and I work at my mother’s winery. I grew up never knowing my father - Mom said that he left a while ago to work and never came back, but I never knew where he worked. My favorite teacher is holo-teacher #16 because 20 years or so ago, some kids messed with it and it never got fixed so it does some funny stuff. I found some other journal entries in here from another Christopher Hollis. I wonder who that could be...



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.