The elephant | Teen Ink

The elephant

By a-schweiger, Big Lake, Minnesota
a-schweiger, Big Lake, Minnesota

Author's note:

my friend at school are both writers so we have been putting a lot of thought into this short story

i really do hope you like it me and my friend put all of our time and effort into this

In the beginning of the circus era there was a baby elephant that was smaller than all of the others. The keepers were shocked at how small he was but nobody cared about him he was also out of the ordinary he was a purple elephant. The more he grew, the more he was being laughed at. But what nobody realised was that he was so special that he had little wings on his back of course,he is still a baby so the wings will grow with him. One day when he was walking around he spotted a little girl looking at him with such amaze she had never seen a purple elephant, But her parents liked the circus elephants better and then pulled her away from  the little elephant. But when her parents were not looking she snuck away to see the little elephant once he saw her again the little elephant began to smile, the elephant ran up to her and let her touch his trunk. After that the little girl came over to see the elephant everyday after school. One day the little girl saw the little elephant getting put into a cart to be sent away, her best friend being sent away? She tried to stop them but she couldn't so she snuck into the cart and hid behind the hay. The little elephant was sad to be sent away, His mom was staying there the little elephant was so confused. Once he calmed down he realized that the little girl was there too she had neer been this close to an elephant before but after a little while of letting the elephant calm down she told him her name. Nina she said my name is Nina. The elephant nodded and snuggled up together at this time they forgot their lives before meeting as nina drifted off to sleep she realized she was finally happy. When she woke up the next morning to the cart shaking and the little elephant scared of being tugged everywhere he did not know what was happening to him. After they got him out of the cart nina quickly got out as nobody was looking, she was waiting by the cart until the elephant came back when he did something was missing,  his wings she thought. He looked so scared about what was going to happen next because he lost his special wings but he was too tired to care so he just got back in the crate and they were back traveling again. Nina saw where they cut off his wings she felt so sad that she just sat so close to the elephant that she was almost under it. They were looking out from between the bars on the cart when suddenly the cart stopped. Both of them were confused because they were in the middle of nowhere. Nina said stay calm to the little elephant it will be alright. The little elephant was so confused about what was happening to him. They both heard guys talking outside the cart about selling the little elephant Nina and the elephant both looked at eachother. Nervous about what is going to happen just then the doors flipped open Nina was in full range of sight, the man saw her and dragged her out of the cart and demanded to know her name. Nina refused to, the guy was furious at this point he said if she did not reveal her name he will get the nearest police. Fine Nina said my name is Gracie (gracie is nina’s school friend) the guy said thank you. But as he looked away Nina ran back into the cart. As Nina and the little elephant went along day after day nina realized all she was eating were peanuts. Luckily they stopped at a carnival but Nina did not have any money and she saw a hot dog guy and asked for a hot dog, The guy said that will be a dollar please but nina told him that she did not have any money. He felt bad for nina so he let her have as many as she needed she took 4 two for the little elephant and the other two for herself. When she got back the elephant was sleeping she woke him up when she got onto the cart the little elephant looked so happy when nina brought him food. They both ate happily, The next day nina was spotted by the man again and he made her a deal that if she would be in his circus she could stay so she accepted the offer. She went on in the circus for 25 years she also had grown with the elephant so when the elephant died she felt like she had lost her best friend. She died at the age of 48 of a heart attack after that the circus In the beginning of the circus era there was a baby elephant that was smaller than all of the others. The keepers were shocked at how small he was but nobody cared about him he was also out of the ordinary he was a purple elephant. The more he grew, the more he was being laughed at. But what nobody realised was that he was so special that he had little wings on his back of course,he is still a baby so the wings will grow with him. One day when he was walking around he spotted a little girl looking at him with such amaze she had never seen a purple elephant, But her parents liked the circus elephants better and then pulled her away from  the little elephant. But when her parents were not looking she snuck away to see the little elephant once he saw her again the little elephant began to smile, the elephant ran up to her and let her touch his trunk. After that the little girl came over to see the elephant everyday after school. One day the little girl saw the little elephant getting put into a cart to be sent away, her best friend being sent away? She tried to stop them but she couldn't so she snuck into the cart and hid behind the hay. The little elephant was sad to be sent away, His mom was staying there the little elephant was so confused. Once he calmed down he realized that the little girl was there too she had neer been this close to an elephant before but after a little while of letting the elephant calm down she told him her name. Nina she said my name is Nina. The elephant nodded and snuggled up together at this time they forgot their lives before meeting as nina drifted off to sleep she realized she was finally happy. When she woke up the next morning to the cart shaking and the little elephant scared of being tugged everywhere he did not know what was happening to him. After they got him out of the cart nina quickly got out as nobody was looking, she was waiting by the cart until the elephant came back when he did something was missing,  his wings she thought. He looked so scared about what was going to happen next because he lost his special wings but he was too tired to care so he just got back in the crate and they were back traveling again. Nina saw where they cut off his wings she felt so sad that she just sat so close to the elephant that she was almost under it. They were looking out from between the bars on the cart when suddenly the cart stopped. Both of them were confused because they were in the middle of nowhere. Nina said stay calm to the little elephant it will be alright. The little elephant was so confused about what was happening to him. They both heard guys talking outside the cart about selling the little elephant Nina and the elephant both looked at eachother. Nervous about what is going to happen just then the doors flipped open Nina was in full range of sight, the man saw her and dragged her out of the cart and demanded to know her name. Nina refused to, the guy was furious at this point he said if she did not reveal her name he will get the nearest police. Fine Nina said my name is Gracie (gracie is nina’s school friend) the guy said thank you. But as he looked away Nina ran back into the cart. As Nina and the little elephant went along day after day nina realized all she was eating were peanuts. Luckily they stopped at a carnival but Nina did not have any money and she saw a hot dog guy and asked for a hot dog, The guy said that will be a dollar please but nina told him that she did not have any money. He felt bad for nina so he let her have as many as she needed she took 4 two for the little elephant and the other two for herself. When she got back the elephant was sleeping she woke him up when she got onto the cart the little elephant looked so happy when nina brought him food. They both ate happily, The next day nina was spotted by the man again and he made her a deal that if she would be in his circus she could stay so she accepted the offer. She went on in the circus for 25 years she also had grown with the elephant so when the elephant died she felt like she had lost her best friend. She died at the age of 48 of a heart attack after that the circus shut down and everyone parted ways. And now Nina and the little elephant are in heaven dancing in the circus ring for another lifetime.shut down and everyone parted ways. And now Nina and the little elephant are in heaven dancing in the circus ring for another lifetime.