Shifted Personality's | Teen Ink

Shifted Personality's

May 7, 2019
By Anonymous

Dear Diary,

My husband Cyrus Stewart. was fighting in the Battle of Bunker Hill, when he was brutally shot by the British general, William Howe. He had to be rushed to the hospital. They gave him so meds then  wrapped in cloth. They told him he was paralyzed. He was paralyzed from the waist down and had to go home in a wheelchair. I never wanted to fight in war. I had to support my family. So I had a good idea to dress up as my husband and the fight in the war. I grabbed all his clothes  put on some makeup and went to the base where the colonists are. Was running to the base so I did not get in trouble by George. When I got there I was I was all sweaty because I ran a mile and a half. Some of my make up was running off my face I just wiped it off, hoping I will pass off as Cyrus.  I was so excited but I´ve never fought in my life. When I got to the base, the general said¨ Cyrus I thought you when paralyzed. UMMMMM, it was just a fracture.¨ Just get to work Cyrus.” We started to fight and I admit I was terrified because of how gruesome it was. I shot a man, killed him, tookhim away fromhis family. I never know tha, ugh, that was such a surreal experience to go through.  It scared me what if that happened to me and my family.But I kept on fighting and fighting. I had a weird feeling in my gut saying die die die die die die. That got me very nervous and sweaty. A couple months went by, it is Christmas time and I still have had feeling in my gut I had no idea what it was, I thought I was sick. No one knew I was not Cyrus and I liked that. On Christmas day we did not fight we just enjoyed Christmas with family and friends. Before we went to see my family, George Washington wanted us to have a lunch to celebrate Christmas as a family because we have become really close to each other we are like family to each other. Plus George has not seen his family in years his missed them a lot. He could see them during the holiday because he had to plan the attack on Britain We had fun the food was real good. We had rolls stew gravy and a hard cider. After we ate wa went home to see our family and friends.  I went to see my husband and thirteen year old daughter. They were hiding because tax collector was coming. We were a poor family every since Cyrus got paralyzed and we have not been paying our taxes. They lived in his parents house because they were loaded. So we went there for Christmas then I got a word that we were going to attack the British so I put on my soldiers outfit. I my eyes felt different but I tried to ignoreit Then when I blinked my vision went all blurry I ran to the base and was told to go to bed. I had a dream that I was not there anymore. I was gone. They were fighting without me. I thought I was dead. Then I woke Up screaming. George cn in my cabin saying,”Why are you screaming Cyrus¨ I said, “ Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I thought I saw a brown bear.¨’Go to sleep stupid we have a big day tomorrow. The next morning I woke up and then my eye were even more blurry than yesterday. Color was fading away from my eyes I was getting scared because all I could see was brown, yellow and dark green. I think I was going colorblind. “ WAKE UP YOU FOOLS WE NEED TO ATTACK THEBRITISH”screamed George Washington. So we got up grabbed our weapons and headed for the British base. We walk for what seemed like hours, but when we got there the Hessians  were unprepared.We began to fight! We were shooting at them, when my dumb self thought on was trying to grab our weapons I shot at him and, OMG it was someone from our Army. I almost started to cry because I murder someone, someone from my team, someone with a family who loves him.Then I just passed out. When I woke up my wig is off my head and my makeup is off and everyone can see I am a female. I had butterflies in my stomach, because I thought I was going to get hung, or shot. But the guys just looked me and said “ Who the heck are you?” Then I told them the whole story about how Cyrus got paralyzed and how I dressed up as him and how I am not a crazy stalker and I was just his wife, and how I was now colorblind. They really did not care so now we just got up and I started fighting as a women. Years have passed and we are at the Battle of Yorktown and we,re winning. I still had this weird feeling in my stomach that I just want to leave and die.I just wanted to end the suffering. After we won the war I cheered and go home. I was going to spend on my last days with my family. We went fishing. Then we swam in the lake for the longest time. We were having the best time. I thought I was having second thought about killing myself, no I have to do it right? We went home and went to bed.  I left a note to my family sayingthat I am going to kill myself, the note stated: Dear Husband I love you are amazing husband and father but I killed people in this war, I killed them on purpose so I have to go. I took away his family and friend that loved him. So I have to go,I can give you what you want. Dear, Doris love to the end of the world you are sweet and nice. I know I have not been there for you but you don't need me to be successful. You know I love you. In the morning they woke up early and saw my note. They read it and tried to find me. They found me in the old cabin a mile from our house. They knocked the knife out of my clammy hands. They said,¨ Don't kill yourself we love you. Then I was getting the weird feeling out of my tummy. I wanted to stay here, with my beautiful family. If I ever had those thoughts again I would go to my family.



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.