Dearest brother | Teen Ink

Dearest brother

By DemonWriter26, salt lake, Utah
DemonWriter26, Salt Lake, Utah

Roaming around the Void of Existential nothingness, where I seldomly see another person who is trapped within this world of Nothingness. No light can ever be found and all of us trapped here now wander in darkness for eternity because of our Imprudent ways. My name is Sebastian and I was only 14 when I was presumed to be dead, i still don’t know what happened, but that day I will never forget. My family ignored me throughout that day and I didn’t understand why, I got so frustrated that I took the kitchen knife that was on the table and etched into the table “Stop ignoring me!” Then I dropped the knife and ran to my room. The moment I opened my bedroom door is when I saw it, That unforgettable sight, That blood curdling scream that stops one's heart that I screamed. The creature that was in my room was eating away at my small frail body, chewing on my bones as though my body was a feast to it. I could see my distorted body lying limp as the creature feasted upon it, I trembled at the sight of my blood everywhere, my insides now on the outside, my frail body as limp as a frozen cat. My one year older sister Jullie walked by my room  then stopped in the middle of the hallway then she krept backwards towards the doorway of my room and she saw it too and she let out the same blood curdling scream that i had did. I was surprised that she actually came back to look in my room, she was a slacker who never overlooked anything twice, My parents rushed upstairs and looked into my room but they saw nothing, my room was clean, no blood on the wall or the floor, my body was not on the floor anymore but was on my bed covered up by a blanket. I walk over to my bed and stared at the body of myself, the face was turned away but I could smell the stench of warm blood, I had enough and I walked to the middle of my room and sat down putting my hands on my head I didn’t understand what was happening, why was i out of my body and why couldn’t my family hear me?  My sister jullie let out another scream, her eyes not moving from the middle of my room “S-Sebastian!” she yelled as she pointed towards the middle of my bedroom where I was sitting. I looked up at her and with tears in my eyes and said two simple words “help me”. Jullie rushed over to my dead body and threw off the covers and once she did that my parents saw what had frightened her so much. My father and mothers eyes were wide with fear and sadness as the slowly walked out of my room and my sister followed, my mother shut my bedroom door and began sobbing, this lasted until dinner. My sister didn’t touch her food, and I just sat in silence at the far end of the table thinking about the events that had happened. A week later i had a funeral, but after that my sister would get Nightmares or bad Panic attacks, my parents were worried about my sisters mental health so the took her to see her psychologist. My sister and her Psychologist named Sarah talked for awhile then Sarah come out into the waiting hall and asked my parents “is Sebastian here with you today?, Jullie said she wanted him in the room with her” My parents looked at eachother then my father said “Sebastian died a few weeks ago” “Oh i see i am so sorry for your loss, it’s just Jullie said that he was here, but now I see what she was meaning” Said Sarah “she must have meant his spirit is still here” My mother and father just stared at each other in disbelief “H-he can't be here he is gone!” my mother yelled “Sebastian if you are here then do something! Make something move!” I was sitting across the lobby from them on a bench, a small boy was playing with a little plastic ball and it had rolled under my bench, The boy ran up to the bench i was sitting at and said “excuse me could you get my toy ball from under your bench please” Sarah and my parents were staring at the small boy like he was crazy. “Sure kid” I said as I reached down and picked up the ball and handed it to the little boy, “hey would you do me a favor kid? See those people over there across the lobby, could you tell them that Sebastian is here and would you describe me to them. I asked the little boy “ok sure” said the boy as he walked over to my parents and sarah the Psychologist “um… Sebastian wanted me to tell you that he’s here and he wanted me to describe him, his eye color is a reddish brown, and he has black hair and is wearing a black hoodie with a wolf on it and he’s wearing black pants.” said the little boy. My parents just stared  at the little boy for a moment before they started to cry. “thank you little one” said Sarah “ how about you go to your mommy now i’m sure she’s worried about you” the little boy nodded and ran to his mommy and they left. I got up from the bench i was sitting at and slowly walked towards my parents as i walked i felt something tickling my hand, i turned my hand over and saw a weird pattern begin forming with blood on my hand. I just stared at it but i lost interest and quickly walked to the side of Sarah I grabbed the side of her white coat and tugged at it. Sarah jumped a little but she looked at her side that i was at, she couldn’t see me but she just nodded and walked back to the room my sister was in. As i followed I kept hearing this voice in my head it was silent at first but it got louder. My sister was sitting on a couch in the middle of the room with a paper and pencil in her hand, as we entered she jumped up with fear in her eyes but she quickly got rid of the fear look and smiled. I looked around the room before I walked to the end of the couch my sister was sitting at, “hello sebastian you’ve changed a bit since this morning” Jullie said “Sebastian would you do me a favor? would you stand by Sarah for a few minutes so i could sketch you” I just stared at my sister for a second then i went and stood by the Psychologist’s desk “is this fine or do i have to get closer to her?” i asked “closer i want to make this good” jullie said “Are you serious jullie! She stinks.” i exclaimed “Yes i am serious Sebastian it’s just for a few minutes” I just rolled my eyes and stood right next to Sarah, the Psychologist just sat there looking amused “any poses you want us to do” laughed Sarah “Any poses you want is fine” chuckled jullie “so i can do this” I said as i placed my hand that now had a mark on it  onto the Psychologist’s shoulder and did a really creepy face “um...Brother--that is quite terrifying, but if you want I guess that’s fine” stammered jullie “um what is your brother doing exactly? Asked Sarah “You’ll see soon enough” jullie said in a Ominous voice as she started to draw Sebastian standing next to the Psychologist. My sister was an amazing artist and could draw anything with precise precision and she wouldn’t leave out any details, As my sister worked on the sketch she was doing a took the time to think about the events of that day. “So Jullie would you tell me a bit about your brother Sebastian?” asked the Psychologist “well, he was 14 when he died, he had a kind heart and would help anyone in need, he had a obsession over cats and would stop what he’s doing to admire and pet them. Though I couldn’t blame him for it, he was constantly being bullied at school by 4 bullies and he would come home with cuts and bruises all over him, I guess you could say the cats helped him get through it.” stated jullie as she added the last details to her Charr like drawing. “Oh my… that’s terrible to hear” stated sarah “that it is terrible but that’s not all of it, you see Sebastian might have been small and frail, but he was strong and had the will to put up with it for so long. One day a fight broke out between the bullies and my brother, Sebastian was never the one for fighting but when he had to it was a unforgiving sight, for the sake of my parents I intervened into the fight and tried to get the bullies to stop.” stated jullie “you looked out for your brother, usually it's the other way around” stated Sarah “Yes indeed it usually is the other way around but I am older and I need to look out for my little Brother” said jullie “You can do without the Little thank you!” I yelled “oh so you were listening sebastian” snicked jullie “of course i was listening… what else can i do!?” i yelled again “well I finished the drawing a while ago so you can come sit down now, and sebastian stop yelling!” exclaimed Jullie. I rolled my eyes and walked away from the Psychologist desk and sat back down on the couch. “So Jullie I presume you are going to show me you’re drawing that you did?” asked Sarah. Jullie looked at the drawing then turned it over and placed it on the desk and slid it closer to Sarah, “Just so you know, Sebastian never looked like that before… his appearance is changing more and more each day now…” said jullie as she pulled out a family photo and placed it onto the desk as well. “Jullie what are you saying?” asked Sarah as she took the family photo and the drawing jullie did and held them side by side. I watched Sarah’s reaction as she compared the photos, her eyes widen as she stared at the drawing my sister did, I was curious so i got up and walked around Sarah’s desk and saw my sisters drawing. “You have quite the imagination jullie, but why would you draw your brother like this, why would you make him look so terrifying? Asked sarah as she set the photos down “tell me dear, how long are you going to pretend that your brother Sebastian is here?” “I’m not making this up! Sebastian is here and he needs my help to move on!” jullie screamed “Sebastian Show yourself to her! Make her see you!” I looked at my sister with that dumbfounded look, i didn’t know what to do but at this point i was willing to try anything. “Ok jullie” i said as i walked in front of Sarah's desk and stood there staring into her eyes “Sarah you are making me really mad right now, stop telling my sister that i am not real when i am, face it i am going to be your worst nightmare unless you apologize to my sister.” Sarah looked at the place where i was standing, her eyes were wide with disbelief and fear, She just stared at me then she looked at my sisters drawing then looked at me again. “I told you Shara...Sebastian is real” stated Jullie “Jullie we are done here, you may go back into the waiting hall now” stated Sarah “i need to talk to your parents for a minute.” “Fine by me, let's go Sebastian” said jullie as she got up from the couch and walked out the door. “Ok” I said and followed my sister out of the room and into the waiting hall. “Mom, Dad the psychologist would like to talk to you for a minute” stated jullie as she sat down on the chair next to my parents. “Oh, ok we will be back soon please stay here jullie.” Said my mother as she and my father walked away towards the room. “Ok” stated jullie. I walked back over to the bench I was sitting at before, I didn't like the look Sarah gave me when I followed jullie out of that room, a evil grin as if she was planning to do something. “thank you for coming today Mr. Rian and Mrs. Lucy, I fear that Jullie has become mentally Ill in the head, she believe that your son Sebastian is still here and she pretends to see him” Stated Sarah “Jullie did take some time to draw a sketch of sebastian, would you like to see it?” asked Sarah  “sure, let’s see what jullie has drawn, its a surprise that she didn’t take her drawing back though, she never lets anyone see them” Stated my father as he grabbed the drawing and the family photo that jullie had left “This can’t be! Why would she imagine her own brother like this…” yelled my father “oh shoot I forgot to grab my drawing...this is not going to turn out well on my part” mumbled Jullie “Mom, and dad are going to pry answers out of me of why I drew you like that.” “Jullie you have nothing to fear” i said as I got up from the bench I was at and walked over to my sister “I’ll take care of it all, don’t you worry… you will never be alone” “Mr. Rian, I don’t know why your daughter drew your son like that, but i ensure the best course of action would to put her in a Mental Asylum until her mental health is back, Jullie is not in the right mind set and this could cause her to act out.” stated Sarah as she wrote down some information on a paper “Your daughter is messing with something very dangerous, and though she has great Valor in this situation it might make her mental state worse than it already is, if you don’t act quickly then your own lives might be in danger” “are you saying that we have to put our daughter in a Insane Asylum?” asked my mother “yes” said Sarah “If that is the best course of action then we shall do it” said my father. My parents returned back into the waiting hall with my sisters drawing and family photo, they just walked past my sister and out of the building, My sister got up and started following them, leaving me alone in the hallway i got up and ran after them. My parents stopped at arby's and got some food on the way home, but i knew that they weren’t going home… jullie was going to dropped off at the Insane Asylum that was right outside of town, and my parents wouldn’t return back to get jullie. Jullie would be trapped there for the rest of her life, all alone being treated for mental illness that she didn’t have all because she could see Me, Her dead brother that she loved so dear.

end of chapeter 1