The Attack | Teen Ink

The Attack

By Jason.Leto, tampa, Florida
Jason.Leto, Tampa, Florida

The Attack

I know I can’t escape it. I’m hurt bad and I think my right arm is broken. Oh no, it saw me, I need to do something anything I can’t die today! Well if I am going to die at least I die a hero. “Am I a hero?” I can’t remember the last time I was given a party or a celebration, I used to be the best of the best and Ahhhh!! Help me anyone PLEASE! I can’t move my legs what do I do. It’s coming after me and now I don’t think people remember my name. Well I do, my name is Eren Yeager and I’m not going to die.
Lighting struck my dreams, as I woke I heard a thud. “Eren is that you?” There wasn’t an answer, I got up and grabbed my swords. The thud was growing closer and sounded more like a groan. I was ready to strike whatever was behind that door. The door opened slowly and creaked ever so slightly, I rose my hand ready to strike until I saw the broken, rusty, old man sitting on the ground. “Erwin what happened!?” He didn’t answer I made him look at me and repeated my question. He said softly “We were ambushed by a pack of titans.”
Eren ran off and started to fight, that old man sure can fight. He told me to get away and he would fight them off. He just wanted us to stay alive, one of the titans bit his arm off before he could get away, I’m sorry I just can’t fight anymore my bones are too weak, trust me if I could I would be fighting with Eren. “Michael, I hate to tell you this, but your dad is dead.”
Now what do I do, no one is out here and I’m out of my power ever since I gave it to Michael. I guess this is it, I’ll end up dead just how Armin did trying to protect others. It’s disgusting that I couldn’t save him, he was my best friend. Lighting struck me that very moment it expelled through my body unlike anything ever before. Then I was on top of all those disgusting rodents, it was like I was a titan again. This time I was surrounded by water on my left and fire on my right, it was like a giant ocean fighting off a wild fire.
Levi walked in with his cane, he knew that Eren had died. He had heard it on his way up to us. I tried to keep my composer when he talked, he was my dad’s best friend, even though they have had their differences. I saw a tear go down his cheek, but he still had a straight face. We didn’t talk we just sat there in silence. I remember all the memories with Eren, now I’m the only Yeager left in the world.
Now that I have this new power I can finally escape these titans. Hopefully I don’t use all my energy and loose this power before I get back home. I tried to move but my body wouldn’t let me it was like a rusty screw in a wall. The titans started to reach for me, I was surrounded by an invisible force that wasn’t letting anything through. That’s when I knew I never lost my best friend. I heard his voice very softly, it’s been a long time old friend, was whispered into my ears. I began to weep yet I was moving, I kept running like my life depended on it.
Titans Fourth wall, the Diamond Titan is back what do we do?
“Only if we had Eren back he could save us.” Cried Jiren.
“Shut up we will figure something out ok maybe my dad left his power in me.” Michael replied.
“They have broken through the wall!,” yelled a lieutenant. Everyone follow me we need to stop the other titans from breaking the 3rd wall.
We ran as fast as we could but with the diamond titan no matter how fast we were it was always a step ahead. I stroke a mini beast right in the throat, there was no coming back from that. Everybody was staying alive; the titans were being destroyed and yet the more we killed the more they came.
I saw them, I saw them die, I saw them fall like birds out of the sky. My troops I saw them in all their glory yet still not able to beat these beasts. I ran like my life was being chased by death himself. It was now day and the diamond titan appeared once again. This time I could give him a fight. I heard his scream louder than any other, he finally found his true calling.
A loud roar approached the sky as I was lifted towards the sky. I had a new body, I am a titan. I knew Eren would give me this power and now I can show him it wasn’t a mistake. I’m going to kill all the titans, everyone! I started to run and jump on all the titans they were all weak and couldn’t stand a chance against me. Then the diamond titan appeared on the opposite side of me. This was my chance, I could claim power over this titan and revenge all my fellow soldiers, friends, and most importantly brothers.
I ran towards Michael before he attacked the titan, he couldn’t beat him on his own but now with both of us we could. I put my arm on his chest as he started to run, he saw me, and he fell to his knees. I grabbed him, and I told him I was proud, and we could beat this titan, but we needed to fuse. I grabbed his arm and said a special code that fused two titans into each other.
We fused into one, we were even taller than the walls. We ran towards the titan and grabbed his leg. We needed to take him down before he could use an attack. I started to punch the diamond off the titan’s skin, but then fire erupted out of my hand. I melted all the diamond from his chest. I added water to my other hand and started to melt the skin. We saw the human controlling the titan, I’d never expect to see my brother Dillan Yeager. It was too late, the fire already burnt him to bones. We stood up and I know my dad had felt the same way I did so we combined power and let out our last roar. We wanted to join our family, we decided to die by losing the power to a mortal. That is what we did, and the Yeager’s went down in history as the titan slayers