Concealed | Teen Ink

Concealed

November 26, 2017
By michale.davis SILVER, Canton, Illinois
More by this author
michale.davis SILVER, Canton, Illinois
8 articles 1 photo 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
I hoped that you'd bring me flowers,now I plant my own.


Author's note:

That it's ok to be differnt and to love who ever you want it's okay to be you.

Don't let anyone to tell you differntly!

Living in a town where being different is not acceptable .Noah a boy with a secret knowing if it comes out his life is over . All he wanted to do was to leave that town . The movie which he left to go see with Lucy and Rudy it was a special screening of “Dirty Dancing”which was their favorite movie,but it was strange as Noah left his home in Oak-river,Utah he never showed up to the movies . But the strange tan van that had followed him the whole way to the movies,but ones he noticed them it was too late.Noah couldn't see anything and all he heard was, “ Stop fighting”, but Noah knew the voice. He didn’t know what was happening to him. But once the van pulled away he knew. The movie started and he still wasn't there, so Lucy and Ruby knew something was wrong. They couldn’t think of what could've happened to him, so they both started texting him and trying to call him but it never worked.

Monday September 12
8:35 AM
It has been only a day since Noah has been missing and in their first class of the day which was our honours english and Noah’s favorite class but only Ruby and Lucy knew why.The class was very warm and cozy it was very brightly lit,it smelt like sugar cookies,the room left like home to noah and the teacher even more because she knew noah’s secret and still accepted him.The rest of the school was very bare,other than a few posters that say “don’t bully”,but that classroom was very different and the teacher was as well.
“Ok class,as you know we have been working on our projects and I know something horrible is happening here but we still must work on them.”Said Noah’s favorite teacher Mrs.Treeley. So the class split up in their groups and started working other than Noah’s partner Tanner.Ruby seen him walking over to their group and had to get Lucy’s attention.
“Do you guys know what happened to him,Noah I mean ,has he really been kidnapped.”Said Tanner,the object of Noah’s affections,.but no one knew this other than Ruby and Lucy.
“Yes it is and if we knew anything about what happened we would of told the police,and we are just as confused as you and the rest of this no good,self hating town.”Lucy had just let it out she wasn’t able to hold it back.So Tanner walked away after giving his sorries .

The van had stopped it was cold though Noah,where am I.Then all of a sudden the door flew open and the man was standing there and was yelling but Noah could not make out what he was saying.The Man picked up Noah and carried him into the what looked like a nice little house.

Once in the house the Man threw him down,which hurt Noah severely bad, There was blood,then the man started to worry. “What have I done he was the one?”Then Noah felt  something, he was back in the air and being carried again,but to where Noah couldn’t tell.Then it started to get colder and that's when it set in he was never going back home.The Man laid him down nice and softly on the premade bed.It was nice and warm, but so dark and kinda hymned,but strangely it also smelt like sugar cookie like in Mrs.Treeley’s classroom.The Man bandaging him up.Noah felt very confused why was he taking such good care of him when he had just kidnapped him?

Tuesday September 13
9:15
Noah had waken up to find a nice made breakfast of which was all of his favorite things. But Noah was kinda scared to eat it.Because of all of what happened the past two days.He was still in the dark hymned room and it still smelt like sugar cookies.

Towards the end of first hour

As the class was sitting in the very bright and cozy classroom,working on the projects. Two people walked in dressed in nicer suits and heels ,they were with the FBI,they asked if they could talk to Lucy.The class acted like a bunch of kids with the “oo’s and the ahh’s”.Once the door had shut the gave the news, in which brought Lucy to the floor in tears.Ruby heard the craziness which was happening right outside the door,as she walked out,Mrs.Treeley tried to stop her but it didn't work. Ruby was on the ground with lucy holding her and crying with her.As the bell rang the class rushed out to see what was happening.The agents decided to take the girls to the office and try to talk to them a little more,it never worked.

As he woke up and realized He was gone he  thought he could try to leave but to no hope.He  walked up the stairs and the door was locked,the He heard the door open and a new voice and it sounded familiar.He knew if he was found by the door something bad would happen so he rushed down the stairs and sat on the bed he had just made.The basement opened and it was Him,the man who took Noah,down one stair at a time he seen a face it was young than him and he had seen it before,It was Danny!The man sat him down on a bed Noah had not see before, I guess he was just not paying attention.Danny was sat down gently and the man left.
“Noah are you Okay, I knew something was going wrong when Lucy said you didn’t show up to the movie”out of breath Danny spoke.”Yes I’m fine, but what happened to you how did he get you.”Frantley asked Noah.
“I in my room watching T.V when I heard glass breaking,so I got out of my bed and went to see what it was.It was a man and he came at me,the last thing I remember was blacking out and hitting my head on the hall table.””What is wrong  with this man?”Asked Danny “I really don’t know all I know is that I want to get out of here.””You mean home”Asked Danny.”No I don’t I never want to get back to that town or house or place.” Freaked out Noah screamed.The the heard the door open and it was Him,He had food for them so as He walked down the stairs they sat on their beds and were quite.He left  them some food that looked kinda good.It was fresh and hot,He didn’t have time to cook this,but they ate it and didn’t question it.

Wednesday September 14
1:34
As the parents of the missing boy sit in their kitchen sipping on cups of coffee,they heard a knock on the door.Who could of it been ?Mrs.Hills was hopeful for it to be Noah but it wasn’t it was the chief detected on the case and she had two FBI agents with her.With mixed feeling she opened the door and let them in and offered them a set and a cup of coffee,the declined with a smile,They told her to take a seat and then she started to feel very uncertain that they found Noah.
“We found bone remains ,that fits Noah's description,and the outfit he was wearing.”I’m sorry Mrs.and Mr. Hills said the detected and they left the home of the missing boy.Mrs. Hills went up stairs to look at Noah’s room just to look around and see if she could find anything out of the ordinary and she did.Noah was always a clean and tidy kid and always had everything but away and the dresser drawers were always closed all the way and the closet door were shut and the hangers without a shirt on them where always on the lower rack.But since noah has been gone they weren’t,Mrs.Hills yelled for her husband and he didn’t respond,H e had left to the local bar,As he sat there drinking his life away.Mrs.Hills realized he wasn’t coming back and yelled for Sarah who just got home the day Noah went missing.She came back to surprize him and just to show him she loved him.Sarah was the only one in their family to know Noah’s secret and had been in his room the day he went missing  trying to surprize him  but to no surprize he never showed up.So she took his journal and hid it in her room because she knew what would happen if this parents found it. “Sarah come in to Noah’s room,do you see anything different about this room?”Sarah hadn’t seen anything different because she was already in the rom before but,Mrs.Hill was very certain that it was different.The she found a note,which read:
“Journal today is the day I will end it all.Im sick of the pain I feel.
Mom ,This was not your fault I still love you” and that is when Sarah ripped it out of her hands.
“Why did you do that sarah, it need to know.”
“it doesn’t belong to you it’s Noahs”.

Later that night Noah made a plan it was to get the missing boys out of there.The plan was risky the would properly get hurt during it and they didn’t care.As Noah told the plan The Man opened the door with dinner,it smelt delicious but they didn’t care they wanted to get out and to go home.

8:21  that night.
Sarah left the Hill’s home to go see if Lucy knew anything and that’s when she got the news that Danny was taken too.The girls got in Sarah's car to look for their missing brothers but on the way to Ruby’s house they got a call it was Ruby she was crying,when that asked her what was wrong and the only thing they could hear was crying,The they hear Ruby’s father’s voice saying  it is ok honey.

Once the man went back upstairs Noah realized why these two boys were taken and only 5 people could've know,The he remembered me stilled had his phone and it was vibrating.It was Sarah and he couldn’t answer it so once the man locked the door he climbed into his bed and started texting everyone he could,and told Danny to do it as well.they both started with their sisters,And they both texted the same thing “my trackers on come  find me!!!!!”
After hitting send the door was opened and the boys hid their phones and as the man was walking  down the stairs he looked very angry,but why that asked themselves.Then he held up a phone and it showed the texts from both of the boys.Noah had seen that phone before and the case,it was a case he had bought for someone for a birthday gift but he couldn’t remember how. As the man started speaking noah answered Sarah’s Call and they heard everything.They had just heard that voice it was Ruby’s father.Sarah made Lucy call the police and told them to track their phones and to go to Ruby’s house.But Danny made a bad decision,he tried to run but the Man was still in the doorway.He threw Danny back and Danny got very hurt.
The couldn’t do the plan now it would never work so they thought.The Man ripped their phones out and their hands and realized that Noah was on the phone with Sarah,He knew that couldn’t of been good.The Man ran up the stairs and forgot to lock the door after once seeing that the boys knew it was their only chance to make it out alive.
So they threw on their shows and ran Danny was still a little hurt but he knew if wanted to make it alive it was now or never.They ran up the stairs and out the door,but Noah nor Danny had been to Ruby’s house before so the didn’t know how to get home from there.So once they were outside of the house they didn’t stop running.
They went straight thru the cornfield and never stopped then all of a sudden the heard a loud scream and then a gunshot it was far away or so they thought.
Danny got hit in the left leg but noah didn’t keep going he picked up Danny and started running again it took what felt like forever but once they got to the main road they started walking cars passed but never stopped until they got to a house Noah had been to and he knew it would of been okay if they stopped there to use the phone.Noah didn’t remember why he had been there but he had.
Once up the stairs Noah sat Danny in a chair and when to knock on the door and then he remembered why he had been there,it was for a Honors English project.It was Tanners house Tanners mother opened the door and once she had seen who it was she yelled for her husband and son.Her husband was a trauma surgeon so he knew he could help.But the first on down  the stairs was Tanner,it was so strange that I had just met the love of my lifes parents.Mis mom was so nice and sweet,she was so beautiful and kind.
Noah and Tanner were making dead eye contact.As the Man of the house walked down the stairs,and was freaking out as went into full surgeon mode.

He was yelling for all of us to grab different things so he could save Danny.But after getting off of the phone with 911 we had to wait but he was on call so he would be operating on Danny.Danny and Tanner’s Dad road in the ambulance to the hospital.
Upon their arrival everyone was there other than Noah’s Dad some of the crowd was cheering and the rest was crying.
After spending a few nights in the hospital Noah was able to go home and back to school which he couldn’t wait for.
The school had a all student assembly to talk about the warning signs of kidnapping and ways to protect yourself.The principal asked Noah and Danny to speak but Danny wasn’t cleared to come back to school so Noah did too all alone.As he prepared  what he was going to say he could not stop thinking about what happened and why the only target those boys what was it about them.Then he knew it was because of his sexual preference.
As he stepped on stage that when he seen the preacher the man who had taken him away from his friends and family.But Noah didn’t worry about it until his speech was over and then he seen some on in the corner of his eye it was Tanner.Why was he on stage?But he let that thought go and

“told the crowd that the man who had taken him was in the same room as them right now,And yelled it was him the Preacher”.The crowed in shock didn’t believe him at first but as they seen the preacher try to run out of the gym the knew Noah wasn't lying.
Then Noah turned around and Seen Tanner behind him and then Tanner whispered something to him the thing that had made Noah’s life one hundred timers better it was only four little words “I’ve always loved you”,Noah started to cry,as the crowed  turned from the Preacher they seen Noah and Tanner kissing.  Even though they were different and they didn't care.Once home Noah’s mother was in his room and wanted to talk,what about Noah had many thoughts of what it could’ve been,but what it was scared Noah.

“Why did you not tell me,was it because of your father because he doesn't matter anymore?”Yes it was I thought I would have been kicked out.”said Noah. “ I will always love you even if you love another name…. And that is when sarah rushed in the room.
Sarah knew the secret and noah never told her,but she also knew Tanner liked him,because Sarah was friend with his older sister.

First Hour
8:33
The guidance counselor pulled out Lucy to tell her she need to come with her,she grabbed her things asked if Noah could come too,
She said “of course”they heard the sadness in her voice.As they walk to her office they seen Ruby’s mother crying.as she walk past them he said something, “I’m lost what do I do with my life now my baby is gone?”
They walked in her office and that is when she gave the news,the worst news Noah had ever heard. “Ruby killed herself this morning,and they found this letter,to for you guys,read it when every and if you guys need anything I’m here.”
The letter read
“I’m sorry for what my dad did to you guys and your families,I will always love you guys and I’m sorry we could never walk across the stage together to get our diplomas,and i’m sorry i will never be at your weddings even though i hope it’s with the loves of your lives,I will always be with you in heart just not physical and don’t think you could of done anything to stop me because I have already made up my mind,”
The  tears covered the letter and they couldn’t read the rest other than the last sentence
“I was gay too but it was not ok.,I love you guys and I will miss you forever
~Love Ruby”     

6:03 in the morning on october the 01
Ruby stood up on a chair and placed the rope around her neck,and jumped down. 

 



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.