There is Two Sides of a Person | Teen Ink

There is Two Sides of a Person

By Alexis_c, Claremont , California
Alexis_c, Claremont , California

Today is August 30th 2016. In two days Ana will be starting her first day of high school. Ana has always been a confident girl but lately she has been different. In different, this means she has been upset and lacking confidence. Something bad and difficult to handle happened to Ana in the last few days. To start off, Ana’s dad left her and her mom two days ago. Then, she found out yesterday that he died because of an overdose in his hotel. Also, yesterday Ana found out that her mom has stage one breast cancer. If she does not do Chemotherapy, she was only given about two more years to live. Which will probably happen because they can’t afford it. If Ana’s mother does die this could mean that she will be put in adoption because none of her family can afford to take her. This wasn't all the bad things that happened to her. When Ana was four years old she was kidnapped when playing in the front yard by herself. Today marks when she was kidnapped ten years ago, and Ana will always be haunted by memories from this. Ana will not go outside unless forced to or if she is with her mom. Ana is pretty and popular at school but there are always two sides of a person.

Today is September 1st, 2016. Ana will be going to school today. Ana wore a beautiful blue top and black pants. When Ana was done getting dressed, she went downstairs and saw her mom sleeping on the couch. Ana went over there to see if she was okay. When she knew that she was, Ana grabbed a banana and started to walk to school. She lived about ten minutes away from school, so it took about 35 minutes to get there. Ana was really afraid, but she wanted her mom to get some rest. Ana finally arrived at school and walked in and saw a couple of her friends. Her friends were considered the”mean” girl. Everybody hated them except for the people that wanted to be them and most of the guys. Ana was only part of their group so she could be popular and feel like she fitted in. The head leader of the group was Ashley. Ashley was the worst of all mean girls. She made fun of pretty much everyone and the worst of all she would come up to the special needs kids and make them feel like they are worthless. But no one ever stopped her. So some time during the first day of school, a girl named Jess came up to her when she was making fun of them and told her to stop and that if she doesn't, she would bring the principal to her. Ana and the rest of the group was surprised that someone had the guts to tell them to stop. Ashley pushed Jess and then slapped her. Ana was surprised that she put her hands on someone and pushed Ashley back into she fell. Jess was thankful and scared so she ran away. Ashley tried to get back up and chase her. But, the principal was there before she could even move. Ashley got suspended and couldn't come back to school for a week. After the principal took care of Ashley, Ana ran off to find Jess. After a half an hour trying to find her, Ana gave up and went back to her class. At the end of the day, Ana went to the front of the school and saw her mom standing there. Ana was surprised and happy that she was there because of this rough day. Ana ran up to her and gave her a big hug. When Ana and her mom got home, Ana’s mom was worrying about her and kept asking her questions. Ana decided not to tell her mom because she does not want to put any more stress on her that she already has. After their long conversation Ana went up to her room and started to do homework. When she was done she just sat there and played on her phone until the doorbell rung. Ana went to the door and opened and saw Ashley and her friend from the group standing there. Ana's mom was sleeping so she didn't know that they were here. Ana was scared and asked why they were here. Ashley said,” I am here to ask you why you didn't stick up for me and why I was the only that got suspended?” Ana said”, Because you put a hand on someone and you are mean and cruel to everyone and that I don't want to be your friend anymore.” Ana slammed the door and ran up to her room and started crying. Ana cried and cried until she cried herself to sleep.

na woke up and saw that it was time for school. She walked over to her closet and put on the most comfiest thing she could find. She went down stairs and her mom wasn't there. There was a note on the counter and it said,” I went out to by some things. I will see you after school. Love mom!” So, Ana went of to school. When she got there, everyone was staring at her and she didn't know why. She kept on walking into someone ran into her, it turns out it was Jess. Ann saw that it was Jess and try to talk to her. Ana said,” Hey! Why won’t you talk to me.” Jess said,” Because you are the meanest and all you have done to me is treat me like I am not worth anything and that I will never be cool enough.” Ana was surprised that she said that and everyone in the hall was seeing what she would do next. Ana just froze and then just walked away. Everyone was surprised that she did not come back and say something mean or rude to Jess. Jess was also surprised and didn’t know what to think or do. Ana throughout the day was given dirty looks and all of her other friends left her out of everything. At lunch, Ana sat alone at a table until a couple of girls came up to her  and asked if they could sit with her. Ana of course said no and told them that if they did not leave her alone that she would haunt them. So, Ana just sat alone at lunch. When it was time to go home Ana saw the rest of her friends in the hallway. She went up to them and immediately they ran away. Ana was sad and just decided to walk home. When she got there her mom was sleeping so she just decided to go to her room. When she got up there, a present was lying on her bed. She opened it up and there was a little angel on a charm bracelet. The bracelet was Ana’s mom and was surprised that she gave it to her. There was also a note and the note said,” My dear child Ana, I know that last couple days have been hard and depressing. But, this charm bracelet has been with me since my mother died. This bracelet is very special to me and I have decided to give to you. So, when I pass that you will always remember me and that you will never forget me. I know that this cancer has made me tired and I know that I always look like I never want to do anything. But, right now I don’t know if I can deal with this anymore. I know this is a lot to take in from a note. So when I wake up we will talk about it. I love you and don’t ever forget that. Love Mom.” Ana was surprised and sad. She started to cry and didn’t know what to do. So, she went outside and took a walk to the park. When she got there she laid down in the grass. She just closed her eyes and forgot about everything bad and try to think about happy things. In the next couple minutes she fell asleep. Ana dreamt about her mom and dad together and having a perfect family. All of a sudden her dream was disrupted by someone shaking her. She opened her eyes and it was dark and Jess was standing over her. Ana was scared and got up right away. Then, Ana asked her,” What are you doing here and how did you know it was me.?” Jess replied with,” I am her because I decided to take a walk and I knew it was you because I know what you look like and I did not want you to sleep out here all night.” Ana was happy that Jess was here because she really needed someone to talk to. Ana said,” Is it okay if you sit down with me and talk?” Jess replied with,” Yes! I would be happy to.” So they sat down and Ana started telling Jess about what happened throughout the last couple weeks. Jess was there to support her and told her that if she ever needed to talk that she would be there. After they finished talking, Jess understood why Ana wanted to be part of the mean girls group and why she was mean to her. Ana apologized over and over again, then Jess finally accepted it. When Ana calmed down from crying Jess gave her number to Ana so that if she needed anything that she could talk to her. Ana was very thankful, then Jess decided to walk her home. When they got there Ana gave her a hug then went inside. As Jess was walking away she could her Ana’s mom yelling at her. She felt bad but she kept on walking.

It was about 12 in the morning and Ana’s mom was standing at the kitchen table and was very angry. She started yelling at Ana wondering where she was and where she has been. Ana explained that she went to the park earlier after she read the note. Then, accidentally fell asleep then she was woken up by Jess. Ana’s mom was furious and kept yelling and yelling until she made Ana cry. Ana ran up to her room as fast as na woke up and saw that it was time for school. She walked over to her closet and put on the most comfiest thing she could find. She went down stairs and her mom wasn't there. There was a note on the counter and it said,” I went out to by some things. I will see you after school. Love mom!” So, Ana went of to school. When she got there, everyone was staring at her and she didn't know why. She kept on walking into someone ran into her, it turns out it was Jess. Ann saw that it was Jess and try to talk to her. Ana said,” Hey! Why won’t you talk to me.” Jess said,” Because you are the meanest and all you have done to me is treat me like I am not worth anything and that I will never be cool enough.” Ana was surprised that she said that and everyone in the hall was seeing what she would do next. Ana just froze and then just walked away. Everyone was surprised that she did not come back and say something mean or rude to Jess. Jess was also surprised and didn’t know what to think or do. Ana throughout the day was given dirty looks and all of her other friends left her out of everything. At lunch, Ana sat alone at a table until a couple of girls came up to her  and asked if they could sit with her. Ana of course said no and told them that if they did not leave her alone that she would haunt them. So, Ana just sat alone at lunch. When it was time to go home Ana saw the rest of her friends in the hallway. She went up to them and immediately they ran away. Ana was sad and just decided to walk home. When she got there her mom was sleeping so she just decided to go to her room. When she got up there, a present was lying on her bed. She opened it up and there was a little angel on a charm bracelet. The bracelet was Ana’s mom and was surprised that she gave it to her. There was also a note and the note said,” My dear child Ana, I know that last couple days have been hard and depressing. But, this charm bracelet has been with me since my mother died. This bracelet is very special to me and I have decided to give to you. So, when I pass that you will always remember me and that you will never forget me. I know that this cancer has made me tired and I know that I always look like I never want to do anything. But, right now I don’t know if I can deal with this anymore. I know this is a lot to take in from a note. So when I wake up we will talk about it. I love you and don’t ever forget that. Love Mom.” Ana was surprised and sad. She started to cry and didn’t know what to do. So, she went outside and took a walk to the park. When she got there she laid down in the grass. She just closed her eyes and forgot about everything bad and try to think about happy things. In the next couple minutes she fell asleep. Ana dreamt about her mom and dad together and having a perfect family. All of a sudden her dream was disrupted by someone shaking her. She opened her eyes and it was dark and Jess was standing over her. Ana was scared and got up right away. Then, Ana asked her,” What are you doing here and how did you know it was me.?” Jess replied with,” I am her because I decided to take a walk and I knew it was you because I know what you look like and I did not want you to sleep out here all night.” Ana was happy that Jess was here because she really needed someone to talk to. Ana said,” Is it okay if you sit down with me and talk?” Jess replied with,” Yes! I would be happy to.” So they sat down and Ana started telling Jess about what happened throughout the last couple weeks. Jess was there to support her and told her that if she ever needed to talk that she would be there. After they finished talking, Jess understood why Ana wanted to be part of the mean girls group and why she was mean to her. Ana apologized over and over again, then Jess finally accepted it. When Ana calmed down from crying Jess gave her number to Ana so that if she needed anything that she could talk to her. Ana was very thankful, then Jess decided to walk her home. When they got there Ana gave her a hug then went inside. As Jess was walking away she could her Ana’s mom yelling at her. She felt bad but she kept on walking.she could and slammed the door. Ana was tired, confused, and angry that her mom was treating her like that. Ana decided that it was time to go to bed and she cried herself to sleep. When she woke up she saw that she was late for school and she really didn't care anymore. So she just stayed in bed and fell back asleep. When she woke up again, she looked at her phone and had a couple messages from her mom saying that she was sorry and Ana just ignored those. Then, she saw that she had like ten messages from Jess. In the texts it said where are you and that Ashley was back at school, and then it said that she was scared for life. Ana admittedly texted back and said why. Jess replied fast and it that Ashley was threatening her that if she ever came in her sight again that she would kill her and that if she hangs out with Ana that she would bully her. Ana was surprised and angry that Ashley would say anything like that. Ana texted back and said,” Come to my house after school.” Jess said ok, then Ana decided to throw some comfy clothes on. The doorbells rang and Ana thought it was Jess but it was actually Ashley. So, Ana decided not to answer the door. The door kept on ringing and ringing but she did not want to open it. Finally it stopped and she got a text from Jess. In this text she said,” I can not come to the door because Ashley is here.” Ana replied,” Ok, just come to the back door.” Jess started knocking and Ana opened the door. They both went to the front door and saw that Ashley was finally gone. Ana and Jess sat down and Ana started to ask questions about Ashley. Jess started to answer and all of a sudden there was a weird sound and there she was.

It was Ashley. Ashley was mad and it looked like that she could of been drunk. Ashley started to yell at Ana and said that she was a trader and that she was no good. Ashley was about to swing at Ana but then her mom appeared. She didn't know what was going on and already had called the police because she could hear it from outside. The police finally came and took Ashley out of the house. Ana and Jess were thankful that Ana’s mom was there. It was around 5 o'clock so Ana's mom thought it was time for Jess to go home. Jess left and Ana's mom went up to her room. So, Ana was left all alone. Ana stood there and thought to herself about everything that happened. She was still confused and felt like she was going to cry. She went up to her room and sat there for awhile. Until she got a text message. It was from a random number. She asked who it was. The reply was it is Cory. Ana was shocked because Cory has been her crush since third grade. He was dorky and a musician. Everyone thought he was weird and people bullied him. But, she didn't care because he was nice, talented, and had an amazing personality. She replied with,” How did you get my number and hey.” He didn't answer and Ana was pretty upset. It was around 11 at night so she just decided to fall asleep because she had school tomorrow. When Ana woke up she was pretty surprised because she got up half an hour early than she usually does. When she got to school she had a note in her locker. It said,” Meet me after school at the park.” That was all it said, so Ana was wondering who it was and if it was a guy or a girl. The day blew by really fast and when she got to the park, there was no one there. She stood there for about ten minutes and she saw someone walking toward her and it was Cory. She was surprised and asked why he brought her here. He said that he had something to tell Ana. He told her that he was in love with her and loved her since third grade. Ana was surprised, shocked, and did not know what to do. He had turned bright red and was about to run away before Ana said,” I have always liked you and had no clue that you felt this way. I thought you didn't like me because after fifth grade you completely stopped talking to me and it seemed that you forgot about me and our friendship. I thought that you hated me and because I turned into the horrible person that I was, I thought you would never talk to me again.” Cory was surprised and did not know what to do or say. He finally decided to say something,” I don’t think that that you are a horrible person Ana. I just thought that you didn’t care about everyone else on a lower status than you. I would really like if we could talk and maybe become friends again?” Ana said,” I would really like if we could try again and don’t worry I have become a better person and I officially done with drama and Ashley.” Cory smiled and they walked off together back to Ana’s house. Cory gave her his number and then she went inside.

Ana woke up the next morning and got ready for the day. It was the weekend and Ana made plans with Jess and Cory. First, Ana went over to Jess’s house and when she got there they were going to make cookies for Ana’s mom. Jess was very happy to see Ana and they went to making cookies right away because Ana was meeting Cory in about an hour. When they were done Ana told Jess bye and left the house. Ana was meeting Cory at the movie theater. Ana was looking forward to it because she really wanted to see this one movie really bad. When Ana got there she saw Cory standing in front with tickets. They went inside and they decided to buy some popcorn, drinks, and candy. They want in and sat down. In the middle of the movie Cory slowing put his arm around Ana. Ana was surprised that he did but looked at him and smiled. When the movie was done Ana got a random call. She answered it and the lady on the phone said,” I am very sorry to tell you that your mom came in to the hospital throwing up blood and not being able to breath. I am very sorry we did everything to help to save her but she passed away. Ana through her phone on the ground and went on her knees and started to cry. Cory asked what was wrong but Ana could not answer. Cory picked up the phone and saw that it was the hospital who called her. She picked up Ana and took her somewhere quiet and private so she could cry. He hugged her and told her that her mom loved her and that she would her to continue with life. After about an hour Ana settled down. She told Cory that she now had no one to live with and that she would be taken away. Cory told her that she could live with his family and that he would take care of her. Ana had no clue what to say or think. Cory told her that he would always love her no matter what. Ana kissed him and asked Cory to take her to the hospital so she could her mom one more time. When they got there Cory said that he would leave her alone so she could visit with her mom. But, Ana stopped him and said,” No! I want you to come with me. I don't want to go alone.” Cory agreed to go with her and they went in the hospital room and she saw her mom laying there. Ana broke down and started crying and hugged her mom. Cory hugged Ana and didn't let go until she settled down. After saying her last words to her mom, they left and Cory took her to his house. They went inside and they sat down and they just sat there for awhile quiet and they did not do anything. Cory decided after a while to turn on the T.V. and put on Spongebob. Ana still did not say or do anything. But, when a really funny part came on she laughed. Cory looked at her and she looked at him and they smiled at each other. They kissed and after a while Cory fell asleep. Ana decided that it was to early to fall asleep and started to tickle him. He woke up and tackled her and started to tickle her until he ended up on top of her. He went in and kissed her and then they laid down on the couch and started to fall asleep. Ana thought to herself as she started to drift off ,” I love you mom. I will never forget you and thank you god for Cory and how loving he is of me and thanks for giving me the chance to love him.” Finally they both fell asleep.