If I Disappeared Would You Look For Me? | Teen Ink

If I Disappeared Would You Look For Me?

By LicityAnn, Sligo, Pennsylvania
LicityAnn, Sligo, Pennsylvania

Oh yes, the past can hurt but the way I see it you can either run from it or learn from it. -Rafiki, The Lion King

Hello, i’m Isabella Lancaster. I am missing. I needed to get away but i didn’t mean for it to go this far. i wasn’t suppose to die. I was suppose to disappear just until someone found me. No one found me.

It was October 10th isaac and I was in the bed of his truck staring up at the stars. Talking about all there was and all there could be. I was in love, he was in love, it was to be forever, but i’m dead. There’s something about me that no one likes- not even me- but i create stories in my head and then actually do them. So when I asked this question i knew what was going to happen, and I think so did Isaac, he just didn’t want to believe it. I looked at him and asked this horrible, life changing question; “If I disappeared would you look for me?” Isaac looked at me and I looked into his beautiful, green eyes and he said these words; “If you disappeared, I would never ever stop looking for you. I love you way too much for me to stop looking for you.” I loved what he said, I smiled. “I Love your beautiful smile.” I looked at him and he leaned down and kissed me. “We should probably start for home, before my mom starts to freak.”, I said. He started to say something but I interrupted him by kissing him and then climbed through the little back window.

He jumped out of the trucks bed and jump into the truck and we pulled out, away from our secret hiding place and he drove me to my house. We rode in silence because he knew that i was going to end up disappearing. I looked out the window at all the halloween decorations that families had put up only weeks ago. We pulled into my driveway, I made no movement of getting out and he made no move to ask me why I wasn’t. I looked over at him and he seemed to be determining  something. So I sat in the truck a few more minutes till he spoke. “Promise me.”, he said. “Promise you what?” “promise me that You’re not going to disappear.” I know deep down that I shouldn’t have promised him this but I wanted to believe that I wouldn’t make myself disappear. Finally I said “I promise.” He nodded his head and I slide over to him, kissed him and jumped out of the truck and ran to the door. When I got into the door Isaac was already going down the street. I went into the kitchen and my mom had been baking. “What smells so good?”, I asked. “Apple Fritter. Your favorite!”  “Yummy! When will it be done?” “It should be soon.” “Okay well i’m going to grab a shower.” I ran up the starts and into my room. I found my most comfortable PJ shorts and a tank top, underwear and a sports bra. And went into the bathroom. I try to avoid mirrors because I hate looking at myself so every time I go into the bathroom I cover the mirror with a towel. But this time I didn’t. I was thinking about the thing I asked Isaac. I couldn’t stop thinking about it. After I got a steaming hot shower I went downstairs. I had an apple fritter at the two person table and talked to my mom. “Have you heard from your father?”, mom asked. “Not since he left.” My father left my mother 6 months ago. Well technically she throw him out. You see my father would always go on to business trips every two weeks or so. My mom thought it was weird since his job didn’t really require that much traveling. So she did a little investigation. After 5 weeks of investigating, my mom got her information. My father had had a completely different family. A very young, beautiful, blonde wife. Four other kids, A teenage boy about my age, 17, a teenage girl, age 15, and two twin boys age 5. They were more a family then we were. When my mom found out she wasn’t heartbroken like most think she would be. She was happy to have a reason for him to leave. You see my father hated my mother so he abused her. He abused me sometimes but not always. The worst time was the last time he hurt me and my mother. I was about 12. I remember him coming to my friend Liz’s sleepover and taking me home. When we got home he started screaming he had my mother tied up. My father knocked over a candle waited till the house was more in flames and got out. When the fire department got there they rolled it as accident. Our insurance got us a new house in a new town. So when my mom told my dad to leave you can imagine my excitement. But I also thought my dad would get mad and try to hurt me and my mom again. But he didn’t he wanted to leave. The day he left he didn’t say anything to me or my mother he just got his stuff and drove off. He had completely erased us from his life. After I ate my apple fritter I went up to my room and laid down in my bed. As I laid there a plan started to form in my head. I was doing it again! I got up and went to my desk and started to write down my plan. 

The Plan; Phase A

•STEP 1: Find someone to kidnap You. (But be careful who it is, they might tell)

•STEP 2: Tell That person the plan and why you’re doing it.

•STEP 3: Find the place were to be taken from.

Phase A seemed pretty easy. The only hard part would be not letting Isaac find out what I was planning. I told Isaac everything I told him my steps to all my other things I did. I told him my planning process. He knew everything.

The next day I decided to get up extra early to start the first phase to my plan. After I finished writing down the first phase to my plan I set my alarm to 5:30 A.M. When my alarm went off I slapped the button and dragged myself out from underneath the warm shelter of my purple quilt. I grabbed a quick shower just to wake myself up and through on my most comfortable lounge wear. I ran into my bedroom and took the list and then downstairs to grab my keys and an apple. As I started to leave I realized that my mother would have wondered where I had gone so early in the morning on a school day so I wrote her a note.

Dear mom,

I had a few things to take care of for yearbook before school started.

So I got up early. I forgot to tell you last night.

Sorry.

Love, Isabella

I typing in 16287 Boston Ave. into maps on my cell and got into my car and turned on Froggy 95. I pulled out of my driveway and started to my destination. As I was driving I noticed that I kept getting a bunch of texts. They were from Isaac. I had forgot to text him and tell him that I had a few things to do and that I didn’t need him to pick me up. I waited to text him when I pulled into the East side parking garage.

Hey. I don’t need you to pick me up today. I’m not home. I got up early because I had to go get a few things for my mom's dinner party next week. Love you. I’ll see you at school. 5th period.

I know the neighborhood I was in was really sketchy so I hurryed up and hide my CD’s and anything expensive in the glove compartment. And I got out looked my doors and put my keys and phone into my purse and kept my purse close to me. I stayed on alert the whole way to Mark Flanders Apartment. Apartment D-9. I pushed the buzzer for apartment D-9 and heard a man’s voice come through the speaker.  “Sup who is dis?” “Umm, i’m, my name is Isabella Lancaster.” “Yo girl. What ya want?” “I was wondering if you could help me with something.” “And what’s that?” “I need you to help me with disappearing.” After I said that there was silence and then a buzz and a clicking sound. “Come on up chica.” I opened the door and stepped into a dark, dirty hallway filled with druggies. “Um, wheres apartment D-9?” They all pointed up the stairs. “Th-thank you.” I then walked up the stairs. With each step the boards creaked and I regretted coming here more and more. I got to the top of the steps and I turned left toward the sets of doors. When I found D-9 I freaked. There was a big, burling man standing outside of the door. “Um, I’m Isabella. Mark told me to come up.” “Go on in.”, the burly man said as he moved out of the way to let me through the door. “Izzy baby!”, said Mark. “Hi. So um will you help me?” “Did Big Mac get named after a burger from Mcdonald's?” “Um?” “The answer is yes. Yes he did. So yes i’ll help you. Now what’d you have in mind?”  “Well I only got phase A done.”, I said as I handed him the phase A list. He looked over it quietly and then he said, “This is a good start. So you finished step 1. So Now step 2. Why do you wanna disappear?” So I told him. “I don’t really know why. I always ask people things then I end up actually doing those things.” Okay so now step 3. Where is this gonna happen at?

After I left Mark’s I went to school. “Bella! Hey!” I turned around to find my best friend Chloe waving at me from down the hall. I waited till she got to my side before I said, “Hey sorry. I was running late today.” “It’s fine. Hey are we going to that party later?” “Oh yeah if you want.” “I totally do! Zack will be there!”  Chloe was totally “in love” with Zack Kline. Zack Kline is the quarterback for our school. And to Chloe he’s super hot. “You only want to go because you’re “In love” with him and he’s “in love” with you.” “He is!.” “Yeah in the world in your head.” “Hey the world in my head may be crazy. But it’s not as crazy as the real world actually is.” “Yeah okay. I’ll see you at lunch.” The whole time in Calculus I couldn’t stop thinking about where I was going to be kidnapped from. I thought about the park; no to plain, everyone goes missing from the park. Maybe the mall? No too different. Then I thought of it. I would get kidnapped from my favorite place. The Orchard. The old fruit farm my great grandmother owned. When she died she gave all rights of it over to my grandmother and now my mom but she doesn’t want anything to do with it. So I go and take care of it. My grandma told me that my mom never really liked the orchard because she had allergies and she would always sneeze nonstop when she came close to the beautiful fruit trees, bushes, and vines. If I went missing from the orchard it would throw everyone off. It was the thrill I wanted to give people. I was so busy in thought I didn’t realize that my Calculus teacher Mrs. Drip had asked me a question. Steven Rae was the one who broke me from my concentration. “Hey. Mrs. Drip wants you, Zoey.”, he said as he poked me in the shoulder. “uh, what?” “Mrs….”, he started to say but was cut off by Mrs. Drip. “Isabella, it’s great to have you back in our beautiful little classroom.Now what's….” I zoned out again. “Isabella! What is the answer?” “What….oh...I...don't know.” “Well since Miss Lancaster refuses to pay attention to my teaching then she can go to the principal's office.” Well I guess it’s never too early to put my plan to use. “Mrs. Drip, could I talk to you out in the hall?” She didn’t say anything she just walked to the door opened it and went out; I quickly followed her. “I hope you have a good reason for not paying attention in class and for making me stop class!” “I do Mrs. D, trust me.” “Well then, what is this most ridiculous excuse?” “Well I wasn’t paying attention because I was thinking.” “Just what I thought! You were daydreaming! Probably about some celebrity boy you like. Like that Justin kid.” “It’s Justin Bieber Mrs. D. But I wasn’t daydreaming about him or anything. I was thinking about my….stoker.”, my voice go so low she didn’t hear the last word. “Your what?” “My...stoker.”, again she didn’t hear me. “Dear lord speak up child!” “I was thinking about my stoker!” “What do you mean?” “Someones been following me. And watching me.” As soon as I finished that sentence she walked into her room pressed the button to call the office. The secretary's voice came through the speaker on the wall,”Yes?” “I need someone to come down and watch my class I need to speak to a student about something important for class.” “Okay. Someone will be down right away!” “Okay thank you.” Five minutes later Miss. Charlotte the secretary’s niece was down to watch the class. Mrs. D showed her what page they we’re to work on and me and Mrs. D left after everything was set.

We went to the conference room and sat down. “Now Isabella. Why do you think someone is stalking you?” “Well…” Then I was cut off by a knock on the door. Mr. Michael’s came into the room with a police officer. Mrs. D told me that she talked to the principal about this and he called the police. “Miss Lancaster. I understand that you think someone has been…..stalking you?” “Yes that’s correct.” “Well what I need is why you think you are being stoked?” “Well every time I go somewhere I see this one car and this one person.” “What does this car look like?” I thought really hard of a car that’s everywhere in this town that I see a lot. “It’s a greenish SUV.” “Did you ever happen to see the license plate?” “No.” “Okay. Now what does the person look like?” “I never really see the person’s face. He or she’s always wearing this long grey trench coat, a low hanging brown hat.” “Okay. Has this so called stalker trying to contact you or harm you in any way?” “No. Well Yes actually. There was this one day I was driving and he or she tried to run me off the road.” “Any other times?” “No. Not that I can remember anyway.” “Okay so this person is definitely trying to harm you. So we will get a policeman to stay outside your house and follow you when you go out.” After school I noticed a police officer waiting in his car by my car. When he realized I was there he waved to me. “Why’s that officer here?”, asked Chloe as she came up behind me. “He’s here so he can make sure nothing bad happens to me.” “What do you mean so nothing happens to you?” “I’ll catch you up in the car. Get in.”

This isn't the end of my story! Still in the process of being writen! Have many more stories as well!

“So does he have to follow us to the party?”, asked Chloe. “Yes. Like I already said, he follows me everywhere I go. So that means even the party.” “But what if the party gets crazy fun and he stops it because he’s a cop that’s what he’s suppose to do. Cops and parties don’t mix!” “Well  let’s hope it doesn’t get ‘crazy fun’.”