Marisol's Story | Teen Ink

Marisol's Story

May 26, 2016
By BrendaBoo, Wilmerding, Pennsylvania
More by this author
BrendaBoo, Wilmerding, Pennsylvania
0 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Author's note:

This really happened to me. And I wanted to show kids who lost their parents at a young age that life is hard but the outcome is awesome.

The author's comments:

This really happened

Narrator: Long ago, a little Hispanic girl named Marisol, had everything she could ever wanted. Marisol had pretty long brown hair, the sun shining off her tan skin, and her light brown eyes blissing by the sun. She had a happy home, loving parents, two sweet awesome sisters, and one best friend name Jordan. It was July 14, 2006 Marisol was 9 years old. She and her sisters went to the movies. Her day was so perfect like every other day. But later on that day, Marisol’s mother was crying…

Marisol: What’s wrong mommy?

Mom: Baby…. I want you and your sisters to gather in the living room for me por favor.

Marisol: Si Madre.

Narrator: As Marisol ran to the halls, she paused real quickly and saw her mother drinking more and more crying “why lord why”

Marisol:  GUYS MOMMY SAID COME DOWNSTAIRS AND SHE…!
Both the sisters: SHUT UP!

Narrator:  As the sisters raced to the living room, they all looked at their mom with a questionable looks on the faces….

Mom: Sweethearts I have some sad, sad news for us…
Sister #2: Si, mommy what is wrong?

Mom: Tu Padre died this afternoon of brain cancer.  (She said crying)

Narrator: The shock of her babies faces made her cry even harder and harder. One by one, Marisol and her sister started crying. That fun day all came down on her heart and broke it. As they drove to the hospital to tell the padre chao…..

Marisol: Mommy?

Mom: WHAT!

Marisol: N..N..Nevermind.

Mom: I am going to need ya’ll to shut up okay mommy is a little drunk and driving right now.

Narrator: As they arrived at the hospital. Marisol saw all her grandma, grandpa Tios, Tias, and all her older and mid age cousins at the hospital crying in Spanish. They walked in their father’s hospital. They each said their goodbyes……

Marisol:  Padre… wake up por favor please we need you.

Sister #1: May you rest in peace…….Chao.

Sister #2: Daddy wake up….Tell god not yet

Mom: Come on babies…..let the nice men take daddy to heaven

Narrator: The men, took Marisol’s father away. As the men to him away, everyone cried even more. Two days later it was the funeral day. Marisol and her two sister couldn’t cry at their own fathers because they have been for hours on in. After the funeral and seeing love ones cry, that day couldn’t gone worst. But they were wrong. As they pull up on  the drive  way the landlord all so  known as their Tio, put their stuff onto the drive way. Now homeless they only had their car and clothes and they were on their way to Pittsburgh P.A. They drove 7 hours to see Marisol’s mother side of family.

Marisol: LOOK GUYS! This is I was born at and….

Mom: Okay Marisol, don’t yell while mommy is driving. But that’s right good memory. We are going to stay with Uncle Dennis in Homestead P.A.

Sister #1: Can we call Uncle Dennis, Tio?

Mom:  NO! No he doesn’t like that we speak Spanish so try and speak English.

Sister #1: Si Madre……I mean…. Yes Mommy.

Narrator: As they went home to home, living in basements and attacks for months. They finally found a nice house in Edgewood P.A. Mid November of 2006, Marisol and her two sisters finally went to Pittsburgh schools. It was their first time going to school, after months of not finding a home. Now Marisol and her two sisters couldn’t speak good English. They spoke broken English. Marisol’s sisters went to Edgewood Elementary school and Marisol went Dickson in Swissvale. It was mostly a black school that Marisol went to. The only white people in the school were the teachers and one percent of the students. Now Marisol’s first went like this….
Narrator: The men, took Marisol’s father away. As the men to him away, everyone cried even more. Two days later it was the funeral day. Marisol and her two sister couldn’t cry at their own fathers because they have been for hours on in. After the funeral and seeing love ones cry, that day couldn’t gone worst. But they were wrong. As they pull up on  the drive  way the landlord all so  known as their Tio, put their stuff onto the drive way. Now homeless they only had their car and clothes and they were on their way to Pittsburgh P.A. They drove 7 hours to see Marisol’s mother side of family.

Marisol: LOOK GUYS! This is I was born at and….

Mom: Okay Marisol, don’t yell while mommy is driving. But that’s right good memory. We are going to stay with Uncle Dennis in Homestead P.A.

Sister #1: Can we call Uncle Dennis, Tio?

Mom:  NO! No he doesn’t like that we speak Spanish so try and speak English.

Sister #1: Si Madre……I mean…. Yes Mommy.

Narrator: As they went home to home, living in basements and attacks for months. They finally found a nice house in Edgewood P.A. Mid November of 2006, Marisol and her two sisters finally went to Pittsburgh schools. It was their first time going to school, after months of not finding a home. Now Marisol and her two sisters couldn’t speak good English. They spoke broken English. Marisol’s sisters went to Edgewood Elementary school and Marisol went Dickson in Swissvale. It was mostly a black school that Marisol went to. The only white people in the school were the teachers and one percent of the students. Now Marisol’s first went like this….

The Front Office Lady: Well hello…you must be Marisol the new 5th grader.

Narrator: The look on Marisol’s face was very questionable. Because she was a 4th grader not a 5th grader. And before her mother dropped her off to school. She wrote Marisol’s classroom number on her hand.

The Front Office Lady: Now please ma’am follow me….

Narrator: And away they went. Marisol never said anything because she was very nervous talking to new people. As they walked up to a classroom, she looked at her hand and realized that the number on her hand didn’t match the number on the classroom door. She was scared and she tried not to cry.

The Front Office Lady: Excuse Me Sir?

Teacher: Yes Ma’am?

The Front Office Lady: Umm Marisol?  Your new student is here.

Narrator: There front office lady was dismissed but before she left she whispered…

The Front Office Lady: Good luck sweetheart

Narrator: Marisol walked into the classroom pale as snow and she felt like she was going to pass out.

Teacher: Please come in, join us in the classroom. Sit your things down and come to the front of the class and tell us about yourself.

Narrator: She feverously walked up to the front of the class…..

Marisol: Hola me llama Marisol. I was born here in P.A. But I grew up in V.A., I was born on January 1st, 1997. I am Peruvian, white, and a bunch of other races.

Narrator: As the first day of (cont.) Marisol made a little bite of friends and exactly had a good day. Too bad she wasn’t a 5th grader… After school Marisol walked home and got lost. The crossing guards wasn’t no help either. They just made her even more lost. Marisol gave up and walked to school after two hours of walking.  At 5 o’clock her mom pulled up to the school…

Mom: WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU!

Marisol: Mommy I am….

Mom: SHUT THE HELL UP AND GET IN THE CAR!

Marisol: Okay mommy.

Mom: WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU THINKING I TOLD YOU NOT TO WALK HOME TODAY! I TOLD YOU TO WAIT IN THE OFFICE!

Marisol: Mommy they told me to leave I couldn’t say no.

Mom: IMMA HAVE SOME WORDS FOR THEM TOMMORROW! YOU COULDVE GOT KIDDNAPPED DUMMY WHAT WERE YOU THINKING! I LOST YOUR FATHER I DON’T WANNA LOSE YOU TOO!

Marisol: Okay mommy I’m sorry.

Narrator: As dinner came around.  They had the dinner conversation….

Mom: Soooooo my babies how was your first day of school?

Both of the Sisters: WE HAD SO MUCH FUN! OH MY GOD WE CAN’T WAIT TO GO BACK TOMORROW!

Mom: That is wonderful to here! How about you Marisol?

Marisol: 5th grade was…….

Mom: Umm excuse me? Did you say 5th grade? But you are in 4th grade…how is that possible?

Marisol: They put me in the wrong grade…

Mom: First you got lost, now you’re telling me that they put you in the grade?

Narrator:….The next morning, Marisol’s mother went to the school  and cussed the school out. The front desk was scared and quickly guided Marisol and he mother to the right classroom. After all that craziness they walked up to the right class…

Mom: Alright this is the right classroom. I love you and have a wonderful day bye.

Narrator: As she walked in the class, all eyes were on her….

Teacher: well hello there, come on and tell us about yourself.

Narrator:  Marisol went up in front of the classroom and repeated everything she said yesterday to her new classmates. After she got done introducing herself the kids laughed at her, because she sounded different funny. But Marisol held her head up high and continued on with her day. Later on that afternoon Marisol went to the restroom and saw a few of her classmates. And they jumped her. Her new clothes had holes and blood on them. She ran  out the restroom, ran out of school, and went home. She finally ran home…

Marisol: MOMMY, MOMMY, MOMMY!!

Mom: OH MY GOSH BABY WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU!?

Marisol:  They jumped me mommy.

Mom: OHH HELL NO!

Narrator: Marisol’s mother drag her into the car and sped to the school. Her mother ran in school…BOOM! The doors open. Her mother went to the front office and destroy EVERYTHING! Glass is everywhere, papers flying, and the workers of the school scared as all hell…

Mom: Marisol point them girls out to me that did this to you baby.

Marisol: mommy no…..

Mom: DO IT NOW!

Narrator: Marisol pointed the girls out to her mama. And one by one her mama beat their butts…………….Later on at dinner, something was wrong with Marisol had change that day. She didn’t talk or show any emotions………..But years went passed and Marisol still acted differently she skipped school with her older so called friends to smoke and drink, she hasn’t talked in two years, and she was always fighting so people can have respect her and her sisters……Finally they moved out of their home and into a new one in Turtle  Creek P.A. As they settled 

into their new home, Marisol realized that her money that she has been saving since she was little was all gone. Upsetting as that was, she didn’t cry. Marisol’s mother was dating at the time, another guy because the first guy tried to kill her. She looked happy with this man, but don’t judge a book by its cover. Marisol saw her mother boyfriend stealing her little sisters money and then realized it was him stealing her money……As years went by Marisol’s moms boyfriend was dealing drugs, leaving them alone in their home with random  strangers, having sex with young girls in the house, and fighting. And Marisol’s mother never knew about because she worked 8 hours and went to school for 8 hours straight. Marisol’s mother’s boyfriend was so careless when he made dinner her only made food for himself only and not for the girls. Marisol wanted to her mama but, she was scared because, her mother’s held a gun to her head and said……

Mothers Boyfriend: If you ever tell your mama what I be doing, I’ll shoot you and your sisters.

Marisol:  Okay……I promise sir.

Narrator: Finally, Marisol had the guts to tell her mother what’s been happening and what’s been going on while her mother was at work. Marisol’s mom kicked her boyfriend faster than a race car……One day Marisol and her family came back from a brunch date and half their belongings were gone. But no worries with time, they regained everything but and better…..After years of struggles and sadness, Marisol is a freshman at Woodland Hills High School

She met a great guy and a new gay friend named Jordan. Jordan black and very kind. One of the best friend a girl can have.

Marisol: JORDAN HURRY UP BOO WE’RE ALREADY LATE FOR SCHOOL!

Jordan: Girl……I don’t care, I hate that school. Ha-ha just kidding sis lets go.

Narrator: Walking and walking along the street being happy. Suddenly……people was shooting at then. They ran as fast as rabbit and hide in Marisol’s boyfriend’s house.

Marisol’s Boyfriend: WHAT THE HELL!! ARE YOU GUYS OKAY? BABE ARE YOU OKAY?

Marisol: I’m fine babe. How about you Jor…..

Narrator: Marisol froze…..her eyes grew BIG! Jordan has been shot! Marisol is crying, her boyfriend is gabbed his mother’s car keys and took her car to drive to the hospital….

Marisol: NO!!!!!WHY!!!!

Narrator: As they arrived in the hospital, they took Jordan’s body away.  Marisol is screaming, yelling, and punching glass windows. Her hands were bloody with glass pieces sticking out. Her boyfriend is holding Marisol down to calm her down.

Marisol’s Boyfriend: BABE CALM DOWN! PLEASE JORAN WOULDN’T WANT THIS!

Narrator: Hours later…..the doctor came out…….

Marisol: How is he doc tell me please, is he okay?

Doctor: Jordan is……

Marisol:  DEAD OH GOD   WHY!

Doctor: no ma’am, Jordan is fine. He’ll be out in a week tops.

Narrator: Tears of joy ran down Marisol’s face.

Marisol: thank you, lord for watching over him.

Narrator: As the years passed by, Jordan is happier than ever with his second chance of life. Jordan was a hardworking man and was in a good relationship.  Jordan and Marisol worked together in the Monroeville Mall. Marisol was engaged with the same man that she’s been with for over 5 years now. She changed schools, she now goes to Agora Cyber School. And now 19 years old, she’s stronger than ever because of her past. And now waiting for her life to go on, so she can tell her future kids her story.



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.