On This Page | Teen Ink

On This Page

By victor martinez, san diego, California
victor martinez, San Diego, California

“Hey Brandine!” yelled Jerry.
“What?!” replied Brandine.
“Bring my shotgun!” demanded Jerry.
“Why?” asked Brandine.
“Just bring it!” shouted Jerry.
Brandine knew at that moment that something was wrong. She ran to the house to get her dads shotgun, when she brought the the shotgun she was only disappointed when she saw the reason for the shotgun.
“You made me run from the house to here just for that!?” argued Brandine.
“ Hey I just wanted to clean my shotgun,” said Jerry.
Branbine just walked back in the house angry. After Jerry cleaned his shotgun he went back to his house to watch some TV. there aint never anything good to watch on TV but he watches it anyways, its probably because he never has anything to do since its usually lonely at his property.
A few minutes later he simply goes to sleep. The TV isn't  turned off or the volume isn't lowered either, that was all the sound there was in that house.But that didn't wake him up

“BANG! BANG! BANG!”
was the sound that woke up Jerry in a surprise. Jerry tumbling over trying to hurry for the door gets there a few moments after. When he answers the door and saw who was knocking on the door, it was like if the temperature  would have dropped dramatically and from his back to his toes would have turned to ice and had stuck in place, his eyes widened in surprise and he just stood still.
“ Mr. Jefferson”, said the county sheriff with a loud and firm voice, “ I am here to give you a week notice  for you to figure out where you will move to”
“What do you mean?” replied Jerry
“I mean, you need to leave this house in a week, and if you don't leave in the time that is given you will be kicked out” responded the sheriff.
Finishing his sentence the sheriff just walked to his police car and drove away. Jerry just stood there even more surprised at the fact that he will lose the house he had lived with his wife in for a long time even when his wife died 14 years ago.Most of his memories where spent in this house. All the hard work he had given will be lost in a matter of a week. It will be even harder for him bring the news to his daughter since she has lived there her whole life. Jerry now has about an hour or two before his daughter Brandine comes from school to figure out how to give her the news that they will be soon moving houses for ever.
But before all that, Jerry thought about going to the city to find out why is it there taking his house away. He quickly ran outside, went to his pickup truck started the ignition and drove off to the city. On the way to the the city he passed by his friends house to tell him to go with him since his friend knew his way through the city better than him.
“Juan!” screamed Jerry.
“What do you want?” Juan answered while sitting on his chair in the front porch.
“I need you to go with me to the town, I need you to help me solve a problem I have.”
“Sorry I can't go, I need to do some things,” said Juan while trying to slowly walk away into his house.
“Well to bad you're going with me, when we get back I can help you with whatever you need,” demanded Jerry.
“Okay, okay i’ll go with you,” agreed Juan.
Now Jerry had someone to go with him to help him around the town. Now there off to the town to try to figure out why he will lose his house. It took about fifteen minutes to get to town, and when they did Jerry didn't recognize anything from town. It must have taken a year for the town to remodel since it was only a year ago when he came to town. There is even a welcoming ark on the main street you take to enter the town. The welcoming ark has the name of the town and its placed over the main street connected to a building on each side, The building on the left is a small food court with a supermarket on the side and on the left is just a three story apartment building. It actually looks expensive to live in those apartments since they have two pools behind the building. They went down the main street seeing more and more of the shops and stores Jerry used to go to when he stayed in the town for a while, but the only store Jerry actually liked was the gun store.
“Hey Juan you see the gun store over there?” asked Jerry once he saw that store from the corner of his eye.
“Yea what about it” answered juan  while strangely looking at the store,”wait is that the store you said you bought that shotgun of yours?”
“Yea thats the one, you wanna go see?” asked Jerry in hope that he would say yes so he can buy himself some shotgun slugs.
“Yeah sure lets go,” replied juan, “I wanna see what they have so I can buy something when I visit the town again.”
Juan thought it would be best to take a break from all the driving since he was tired of all the driving.
  “Welcome the americas finest gun
where you can find the best weapons
for any necessity!” said the gun store
clerk with a voice that basically showed that he loved his job. “do you need any help today sir?”
“No where ok,” answered juan, “where only here to see.”
Jerry and Juan just slowly walked around checking out all the beautiful guns, from assault rifles to shotguns to the handguns in display in the glass cabinets in the front of the store. Jerry was more of a shotguns person so he was mostly in the right side of the store where most of shotguns where at. he was looking at the accessories for his mossberg 88. Meanwhile Juan was more into assault rifles so he was on the left side of the store where all the assault rifles where at. He was mostly looking at the m16’s and the scar- 17’s that were in stock that day. But there was one gun in specific that caught his attention, It was actually a revolver, it was the biggest revolver he had ever seen.
  “scuse me sir, what is this?” asked
Juan in surprise of the size of the revolver, “ what is this thing called!?”
The store clerk just looked at him and     said, “ that my friend, is a Smith & Wesson 500 Magnum. Many say it is the most powerful handgun in the world, you wanna see it?”
“Yeah of course i wanna see it!” said Juan with excitement.
The store clerk got the keys from a separate drawer and went ahead and opened the glass case that contained the revolver and other handguns, he pulled the revolver out of the case and gave it to juan. When Juan got ahold of the revolver, just by holding it it felt like a powerful gun. He inspected it, looked at every detail and decided he will buy that gun next time he visits town. Juan carefully gave the revolver back to the clerk and went back with Jerry. After looking around the store they were off again to figure out why Jerry is going to lose his house. When they got to the bank, luckily there were only about two or three people in line. So they stood in line to wait their turn, but for some reason the line was taking forever. Jerry leaned to the side to see who was the one that was holding back the line. He didn't have to see the mans face to know who it was, it was Theodore Hinderfeld the man he hated most. Jerry saw him as one of the most racist, selfish man he has ever met. The reason Theodore was holding up the line was because he was trying to hit on the banker in the first window. It seems like it aint going his way since the banker doesn't seem interested in him. Jerry and Juan were both trying to not look, but it was too funny for them to not see. They seemed serious in the outside but in the inside they were dying of laughter, not because the guy was getting rejected but because Theodore didn't understand that the banker wasn't interested.  Finally it looked like Theodore was done, but when he walked passed the line Jerry hoped he wouldn't be noticed by him.  Sadly he got noticed.
  “Hey I remember you, Jerry right? we used too go too the same high school didn't we?”
  “Yes, yes we did,” Jerry replied with a serious face since he never liked him.
   “Those were good times weren't they?” Theodore answered him with a smirk in his face knowing how he had treated Jerry back in high school.
Theodore just looked at him laughing and left and Jerry just stood there annoyed by that idiot. There was no time for Jerry to be mad since it was his turn in line.
“Hi welcome to our bank  sir how may I help you today,” asked the banker with a robot like voice.
“Yea , Im here too ask about a house that is being taken away, specifically my house. I wanna know why it is they are taking my house away.”
“Okay sir what is your name?”
“My name is Jerry, Jerry Jefferson.”
“Sir, it only says here that you're house will be demolished in a week Mr. Jefferson,”
“Thats it? It doesn't say anything else, like an explanation to why my house is getting demolished?”
“No sir it does not explain anything.”
Isn't there anything I can do, Like extend the time period or something?”
“Hold on let me check, ….. wait it turns out the paperwork for the demolition is still not complete so I can give you about a month to move out.”
“Well, its better than nothing.” were his final words for the banker. Jerry just exited the bank and went to the car. Juan then followed slowly behind him since he didn't know what to tell him. Juan got in the truck after Jerry, just looked at him in silence and started driving back home. The whole trip was silent, all you could here was the  sound of the engine roaring and the sound of the tires bouncing on and off the dirt road. It took them about 30 minutes to get too Juan's house and when they did Juan didn't even bother to ask about the faver Jerry promised him since he didn't wanna provoke Jerry into getting mad. Juan just got off the car and walked to his house and just said goodbye. Jerry got too the drivers seat and drove off to his house thinking how is he going to prevent the destruction of his house. When he got home his daughter still hasn't come from school, there was still about fifteen minutes before his daughter came from home. Jerry just sat there in his couch thinking, thinking of all he has done in that house, thinking of how he had raised his daughter there , thinking…..

Brandine finally got home from school, it seemed she had taken longer than usual. When she entered the house she just saw him staring at the window, assuming he was mad because she didn't get home in time she gave him a whole explanation as to why she had been late. Jerry just answered with,
“Its okay sweetie, just go do your homework as always.”
Brandine just stood there , staring at her father or stranger since her father never says its okay when something is not done right. She knew something was wrong after a few seconds of looking at her dad in confusion.
“Whats wrong dad?” she asked with a soft voice.
“Nothing, Nothing, im okay… just go too your room,”
She wasn't going to let this slide too easily so she responded with a louder voice,
“What is wrong!?”
“I don't think you would wanna know.” he replied with a low voice.
“Too bad you're telling me right now!”
“Okay, okay ill tell you,  look a few hours ago the sheriff came to our house.”
“Wait, the sheriff as in the town sheriff?”she interrupted.
“Yes him, he came to our house and told me that we will have to move out in a week, I went to investigate at the bank and now we got a month to move out.”
“Are you serious , is this a joke?” said brandine with a little dought.
“Yes im serious! okay, I am not playing!”
“Okay, I believe you, so what are you gonna do?”
“I don't know! I don't know what to do.”
“We can't just move out! we've lived here our whole life, us moving would be us leaving everything we have ever worked for!” she pleaded with tears.
“Calm down its just a house! Its not a living thing, their is no need for you too get like this.” responded Jerry trying to calm her down.
She up her room crying that she didn't want to move but Jerry just sat their, hearing her daughter cry knowing that he could do nothing about it. The next morning Brandine didn't speak too Jerry, didn't even look at him she just went straight too school, no good morning nor good bye. It hurt him so much too see his daughter this mad. Now he had to worry about his daughter and how she is going to treat him for now on. He stayed at home for most of the day, but the few remaining hours of the day he decided to go to the shooting range. He went to the shooting range since the shooting range was the place where he went too relax and have fun. He took his double barreled shotgun and placed it in his case and got his m9 and placed it in a box and went off too the shooting range. It took him about fifteen minutes to get to the shooting shooting range. when he got their it was less people than usual, he got his case were the shotgun is and the box that contained his m9 and went through the entrance. The door was big and bulky since it was made of bullet proof glass for some reason but yet it closed slowly by itself. In the inside on the left side of the wall there was a glass cabinet filled with awards and trophies  that belonged too the original owner of the shooting range, he died about three years ago. Now it belongs too his older son Jack. There were awards from winning second place which were from when the original owner barely started in shooting competitions too certificates for breaking state records in different shooting activities. And the rest of the trophies were for first place  in the rest of the tournaments the man participated in. And too the left was the counter where you would go too pay the entrance fee or too buy ammo too shoot. Since Jerry pays a membership for the shooting range he gets too go in for free, all he has too do is scan his membership card in a scanner buy the counter. Once he's inside  he gets too choose from shooting in the indoor shooting range they have for the public, and two other shooting ranges were one of them is next too the first one but its larger and its indoor too, or if he doesn't want too shoot indoors he could go too the range were members of the shooting range can go where there's more space between the shooters and were longer ranged weapons can be used. Since he wants too be alone he goes too the outdoor range. He finds a good spot too shoot and places his case and box on the tables the shooting range provides too the shooter. he first opens the case that contained his shotgun, he loads it with two buckshot shells and readies up and prepares too fire.
“BANG!....BANG!”
He shot them one by one. pushes the barrel down drops the two fired shells and adds another two shells, he aims down sight and gets ready.
  “BANG!........BANG!”
Right after the two shots he suddenly remembered his wife, He gets a short flashback of him and his wife being together when they first meet, and of how well it was when he dated her in the first few months
  “BANG!.........BANG!”
He remembers how him and his wife, or at that time, boyfriend and girlfriend finally moving in together after about two years of dating.
  “BANG!............BANG!”
He remembers the times they would imagine their wedding day, how they said it would be the perfect wedding.
  “BANG!...............BANG!”
He remembers his wedding day, how their may have been imperfections at first, but it was all worth it for the one minute where he saw his girl friend moments away from becoming his wife slowly walking down the hall with her beautiful dress that was as white as the clouds in the sky and the beautiful eyes of his wife he looked into that had seemed too warm his heart every time he looked into them.
  “BANG!......................BANG!”
He remembers how excited they were when  she found out she was pregnant, he remembers when he had his daughter in his arms for the first time.
  “BANG…………………..BANG”
He remembers the day...... he lost it all in an alley, where one man had taken her life away with just a pull of a trigger.
  “BANG!...........................

Staring straight away, the vibration that echoed  of the last shoot rumbled his heart with  loads of emotions he could not even explain. Knowing that his last option of a stress reliever, failing. All the good memories, fading with that last shot, that last bang had only reminded him for the last time, his wife.
A few days before the month ends, Jerry and his daughter Brandine get ready too pack up too leave. Jerry was always the type of guy that always does everything at the last moment, thats the reason they only got three days too move out. His daughter actually insisted in packing up a week earlier, but Jerry always responded with the phrase “its all good, well start tomorrow,” but he never started. They spent the whole three days  just packing, their was no rest between the three day of packing up. There was too many stuff too even finish packing up so he hired people too help him take all the stuff too a storage he rented in town close too some apartments he had found. the last of the boxes were getting packed and taken too the truck he rented along with the people he had hired too drive too the storages. All that was left was three boxes and a few large bags with the clothes and items they needed.
Jerry and his daughter got in his pick up truck and drove too town too the apartments he had already rented. The trip was silent. half way through the drive Brandine started questioning him.
“Hey dad, how come we didn't go stay with uncle Juan instead of going too town?”
“Because its best,” he replied with a very serious face.
“But wouldn't you like it if you were with your friend?”
“No, were better off alone!”
Brandine didn't talk too him for the rest of the trip. Jerry wouldn't ask Juan for help, it would be too embarrassing for him too ask for help. It would make him feel less of a man too not solve it by his own.
They finally get too the apartments after a drive that felt like forever because of the silence. It was a two story building that was shaped in a U, and in the middle there was an old moldy fountain that didn't even work. On the sides of the building where empty parking spaces besides four cars that were parked separately. One car was an old honda, two of the cars where nissans, and the fourth car was a rusty old pickup truck. Jerry parked on the last parking space of the row on the left wall of the building. They got off the truck got their boxes and went too the small office in the first floor. When they entered the office, everything was dusty and old, the man behind the counter was old. They got their keys and went too their new apartment. The apartment had only one room and a small living room, and a small kitchen. For some reason there was a couch in the middle of the living room, all dirty and smelly it was also ripped from one of the sides. There was even a cat on the couch that ran out the window the moment they opened the window. Jerry placed the boxes they brought on the floor and tried to take out the old couch. he left it outside the door so he can take it too the garbage. 
The next day he organized whatever was left in the boxes, and then took the couch too the large garbage containers. He first organized the small furniture, then he organized all the clothes and smaller items they had brought.
It was very hard for them stay in that place for the first few days, but they had to move on. Later in the week Brandine decided too try out for  the school baseball team too try too distract herself from the depression within. The tryouts were on for about a week. By the end of the week the school had already given out papers that showed who joined. Surprisingly, she got accepted in the team. In the first day of training the didn't do much.in fact they didn't do much the whole week, all they did was talk about the rules, the equipment and a little bit of history of baseball, which was really boring for her. It was only until the second week when they actually started playing. When their first actual game came up they lost, which was totally unfair since her coach didn't even try too coach them. She was really into baseball and she had a lot of fun playing out in the field. It was all going okay until a few days before the game their coach was actually killed  in a store robbery, which led the team too not play in the upcoming game.
Back at the apartment Jerry basically  just stayed there all day, their was nothing too do their besides staying in the balcony and watching all the people pass by. But their was one person in particular that always passed by, it was some tall skinny looking man that had crazy poofy hair like one of those Sci-fi move scientist. That man always passed by the apartments every day always carrying something weird. Like the time he saw him carrying small sized model of a UFO looking object. The next day because of his boredom he went ahead and followed the scientist looking dude. He ended up following him to a small little store that sold paintings and decoratives, there was no actual title to the store, only a sign that said "OPEN". He entered the store and he was surprised of what he saw in that store. All the paintings were somehow related to aliens and UFOS. The smaller items like decorations were also somewhat related to aliens and UFOS. Behind the counter he saw the crazy looking guy that had the miniature spaceship placing the spaceship on the counter. It had seemed that man was obsessed with aliens, to obsessed. Everything there was weird. And to believe that people actually bought all this stuff, since there were a lot of people in that store. Jerry didn't want too be in that store anymore so he left.
He's walking too his house and he saw something even more weirder than that store he was at. There was a bunk bed in the middle of the street with an old man sleeping on the bottom bed and a dog sleeping on the top bed. It wasn't there when he was following the old scientist looking dude, so where would it had come from. He just slowly walked by and looked at the random bunk bed with a man and a dog, asking himself if he has already gone insane. He was starting too think he was imagining stuff until a car stopped in front of the bunk bed and started honking.
“BEEEP!...BEEEP!” the man inside the car looked angry and confused at the same time,:)"Hey! Old man! He out the way!"
Suddenly the dog woke up and started barking. The dog got off the bed and got on the old man, the dog pushed the old man around, licking the man on his cheek. It looked like  the dog tried to wake the old man up. Jerry stopped on spot and watched carefully, trying. To see if he will wake up. The guy in the car got off the car and also watched. It was at that moment where he started to believe the man on that bunk bed might be dead. The moment that idea went to mind he quickly ran to the middle of the street to where the bunk bed was and carefully moved the unconscious man upward and checked for any signs of life. He yelled at man in the car,
“Call 911!”
Right away the man in the car called 911 telling them that a man might be dead. The ambulance came, the paramedics running to the scene. They checked for signs of life, sadly the man was dead.

The next day wasn't as crazy as the day before, it would be a calm that day since it was laundry day. early in the morning he packed all the dirty clothes, his daughters clothes in a basket and his clothes in a large bag. He placed it all in the back of his pickup truck and went too the laundromat. Since it was early that day there weren't that many people their so their was a lot of space to peacefully wash his clothes. He first put the clothes in the washing machine, and when it was done washing he then put the clothes in the dryer. The peacefulness of the laundromat quickly ended when a woman with three little kids, the lady had a year old baby, a five year old, and a nine year old. The baby was crying for some reason, the five year old was also crying but because he wanted a quesadilla, and the nine year old was annoying his mom because he wanted too use her phone.
  “Ya! qallence! lo único que hacen es quejarse de todo!” their mom yelled at them in the middle of emptying her bucket of clothes. Her kids just started whining even more and the baby cried even more, it was just too annoying for Jerry. He decided too go too the store next door too buy a soda. After buying a soda he goes too the store across the street that sold antiques, since he liked certain antique stores. He stays at that antique for a while and then he goes back too the laundromat too check if his clothes were done drying and too check if that mother with her annoying children had left. The clothes wasn't done yet but thankfully the mother had left. Now all he had too do was wait for the clothes too finish drying. Once it was all done he packed it all up and went home. When he got home he got all his clothes and went up too the second floor where they lived and for some reason that same cat that was on that old couch was in front of the door, as if it were waiting for him
  “Shoo! get out of here cat!” was what he said too the cat since his hands were  full at that moment.”Move stupid cat!”
  “Hey! why don't you leave! I got here  first!”
Jerry just stood there quiet, asking himself if that cat in front of the door had just talked.
  “Yeah thats right, shut up,” the cat talked again with an angry voice.
  “Did, did you just talk!?” he answered in surprise.
  “Yeah, i did talk, what's wrong with that?”
  “This is a joke isn't it? this can't be real, can it?”
  “What do you mean if i'm real? of course im real! what are you? an idiot?”
  “Cats can't talk, its imposible.”
  “Well i'm talking, so it is possible now open the door before rip your face off with my claws.”
  “Okay, okay… i'll open it, wait a minute, this is my home so why do you wanna go inside!?”
  “What are you talking about, I live here!”
  “Why am I even talking too a cat! Ive gone insane haven't I? I'm leaving!”
Jerry was too confused too keep arguing with a “talking cat”, so he left. He put all his clothes back in the trucks and drove away, hoping that cat wouldn't be there. He decided too drive around for a bit, too let his daughter get home first. He got hungry so he decided too go too a pizza place that was next too that antique store he had gone too earlier that day. He got himself two pepperoni pizza, he ate half of one whole pizza at the pizzeria since he was really hungry and brought the rest home too give too his daughter. When he got home that cat wasn't there which was good because that shoed him he was just imagining things. Him and his daughter Brandine both finished the rest of the pizza and got ready for bed.

The next day he needed too buy a TV since he was tired of just sitting at home staring out the window so he went too walmart. He has never gone too walmart, he has only heard of it from people that have actually gone. He gets there and what he finds is an enormous store which seemed too have everything you need. He went too one of the cashiers too ask in what part of the store are the TVs at. The cashier pointed towards the right side of the store, so Jerry heads that way. He keeps walking that way until he starts too see large TVs mounted on the wall, all showing the same commercials. He goes too another counter placed in the middle of the electronics section too ask about the difference between all the type of television. When out of nowhere too guys start arguing about who will have that last TV. It first started with them yelling at each other and before you know it, a fight starts between the two men by the stack of boxes with the TV they want. Fist go flying without thought and legs start kicking whatever gets in there way, an employe quickly goes too the scene and tries too stop the fight but is knocked out by one of the men. One employe goes in, another goes in, and another, one after another trying too stop the fight until they call in the security and tasers both men, the fight stopped at that moment.
Jerry was surprised at how they got in a fight just for one TV. He didn't think it would be a good idea too ask for help for a television after that so he left. he went back home for another day of doing nothing until the day ended.
In the morning he decided too visit his old friend juan since he hasn't seen him ever since he left. He got in his truck and drove off. When he got there, there was nobody outside, only that old rocking chair his friend Juan always sits on in the evening. He went ahead and knocked on the door.
“Knock..Knock..Knock.” nobody answering, he knocked again,”Knock… Knock… Knock,”
“Who is it!” answering juan behind the door,
“Its me, Jerry, I wanna ask you something.”
Opening the door he responded, “well come in,”
“Thanks man. Hey listen, I think we should go hunting, we might even  get ourselves a bear too eat.”
“Why is it you came all the way here just too ask me if i want too go hunting?”
“Well, because i'm bored in town, there's nothing too do over in town you can't even use your  guns over their, and because I haven't seen you for a while.”
“Okay ill go, it would be a good chance for me too try my new firearm,”
“And which gun is that?”
“My new Smith & Wesson 50cal. revolver, capable of taking down a whole bear with a single shot!”
“And how do you know that?”
“Oh, um… the guy at the gun shop told me that, but I still haven't read the manual.”
“You serious? well the only way we will know if it can take out a bear is too actually try to kill a bear, so get ready cause we're leaving tonight.”

The next day they arrived too there camping place, They prepared the tents,  readied all their equipment, and took a hike around the area of their camp too check out the terrain around them. They were also looking for any signs of bears since they were eager too try Juans new revolver.They spent thirty minutes scouting around, looking for bears but all they found were deer, moose and one or two boars, no bears. Just when they were about too give up and go back too camp too get their hunting gear, they see it, finally see it, it was a bear track. The bear tracks lead too the nearby river where there were piles of fish bone showing that bears are often in the river. Taking that knowledge they go back too camp too get their hunting gear and start their first day of hunting on a hill that gives them a clear view.
They stayed their for about half an hour and still no signs of a bear. They were getting  frustrated at the fact that they might not be able too kill a bear so out of frustration Juan picked up his revolver, aimed down sight and…
“BANG!”
All the deer by the river jumped in surprise and ran off, but only one fell too the ground.
  “Why the heck did you shoot!” shouted Jerry,” Now we'll never get too kill a bear!”
  “Calm down were staying here for three days aren't we?!”
  “Okay, well hunt for a bear tomorrow, now lets go get that deer you shot.”
After getting the deer they went further down the river too look for a moose they can kill. Like before they first look for a vantage point too get a clear view of the area, Then they get in position with Jerrys rifle he rented, and now they wait.
This time it didn't take as long for them too find what they're looking for,in the matter of minutes a whole group of moose appear at the river too drink water. They both ready their weapons, Jerry with his rifle and juan with his revolver.
  “BANG! BANG!”
They both shoot, each at a different moose down the river. One moose quickly drops but the other moose runs off bleeding out. Jerry was glad it was a one shot one kill but Juan had too take a second shot before that moose would get away.
  “BANG!”
The second shot went right in the mooses side which quickly put it down.
  “You know, if that revolver didn't take out a moose with one shot, I don't think that revolver would take out a whole bear.”Jerry told Juan as if too say he is wrong.
  “Hey it was because it was from a longer range okay! Its only deadly too a bear if its close.”
  “And what are you going too do? walk straight up too a bear and hope it kills it with one shot.”
  “Oh shut up! this gun was worth it! now lets go get our moose before the wolves come in and take our kill.”
  It was getting dark by the time they were done claiming their prize so they went too camp too rest for the next day. The next day they decided too only look for a bear too try too kill with that revolver they had. They searched everywhere for a bear or at least in that area of theirs . They wasted all day looking for a bear, sadly they didn't find anything. So they decided too go back too camp. When they got too camp for some reason they're cooler was on the ground with all their food half eaten. They were confused at first but then Juan saw a paw track. not from a cat, not from a wolf, but from a bear! Juan just froze and and pointed at the paw track too try too show Jerry without making noise. When Jerry saw the track he also froze in place, they both looked at the track, then looked at themselves, looked at the track then at themselves. They both grew a smile on their face, knowing that this was their chance too finally kill a bear, but they're smile quickly disappeared the moment they heard a sniff behind them. Then a growl came after the sniff. They're spines chilled, their heart sank, they looked at each other then slowly looked back.They did not expect too find what they came for right at their backs. It was a large brown bear, one of the largest they have ever seen, It stood on its hind legs, you could see that this bear has been through a lot, maybe too much too have been alive. There were scratch marks and scars all over his body, there were visible old gun shot wounds in his belly, and an arrow stuck on the side of his body, plus a scar across his face.
They both knew they wouldn't be able too get out of this that easily. Jerry pulled up his rifle and attempted too shoot the bear but the beast reacted by hitting the rifle with his paw, Jerry followed. Then the bear laid eyes on Juan,pulled up his monstrous arm and smacked Juan, sending him flying. Juan hit a tree and fell too the ground. With the last of his strength he pulled out his revolver from the holster and slowly aimed dead in between the bears two flaring eyes and pulled the trigger..
“BANG!

Jerry woke up, afraid of what had happened. He first looked for Juan which was laying on the ground by a tree with the mighty bear by his feet, and his revolver in his hand. he tries too wake him up, he checks for a pulse, luckily he had a pulse but he didn't wake up so he picked him up and put him in his truck then got all they're stuff and the bear and put in on the back of the truck and took him back home. Then Juan woke up halfway through the trip.
“Oh god, what happened? and why does my chest hurt so bad? wait. did we actually get attacked by a bear?!” Juan was asking while trying too stay awake.
“Why don't you look back.” responded Jerry.
“”Oh crap! and did I actually shoot it with my revolver?!
“Yes, yes you did man! That gun of yours is as powerful as you said!”
“Ha! you see, I was right! That thing can kill with one shot!”
“Yeah I know, you're right. You can keep everything we hunted, if you want.”
“Yeah of course, I can cook it all up and ill save you some.”
“I'll come back tomorrow.”
When they finally got too Juan's house, Jerry helped Juan in carrying what they had gotten while hunting to Juan's house. After he was done helping Juan he went back too his truck and drove home. While driving home he thought about visiting his old house, he was very curious about what they had done too the place so he decided too pass by. When he got their he did not believe his eyes, the house was in perfect condition. Somebody repainted the walls and replaced the windows. The closer he got the more astonished he was, he slowly drove by the house checking too see if there was anybody there. And too the looks of it, their was someone there, somebody he recognized on the spot.
“Theodore Hinderfeld.” he growled too himself while driving by.” So it is you who took my house!”
He quickly drove off back home filled with anger. When he got home he quickly told her daughter about what he had seen when driving over their, then after that he left with his daughter too the bank. But when they got their, there were police cars all around the bank and also an ambulance near by. It had seemed there was a bank robbery which meant the bank would be closed for about a week. Now he had too wait until they opened the bank again which made him even more angry.
When the bank was finally open he went first thing in the morning in hope that he would be one of the first in line. Oddly there was only two people in line. When it was his turn too finally talk too the banker he asked them about the house that was supposedly gonna get demolished, but all the banker said was that someone had bought the house. He asked who it was who bought the house, but they wouldn't say. He asked another question that involved him getting the house back, but the banker said that the only way he would be able too get the house back was if the man who bought it would give you the house or if something were too happen too the person who bought it then the house would return too its original owner.
Jerry knew exactly what too do. He quickly goes back home plans out what he's going too do and rests for the big day tomorrow.

The next morning he starts off his plan. First he needs too go too Juan's house, but when he walks too his truck an explosion happens out of nowhere in someone's apartment on the other side. His first reaction is too run back and take his daughter out of there,then he drives away a safe distance. Then he goes back too the apartments and calls 911 from a phone he has inside his home, after that he goes and checks on every door too make sure everyone was out of the building. During the time he was checking every door he sees something familiar,
  “What are you staring at! save me you idiot!” the cat yelled with frustration .
  “Not you again! what are you doing here!”
  “I live here asshole!”
  “Okay! I got it, lets go!”
Now everything Jerry was worried about is if he's really saving a talking cat or if he's just dreaming. He quickly realised it wasn't a dream when the flames got stronger and blocked the stairways, so he got out the other way. When he was finally away from the building he hears the firefighters getting close. He gets at a safe distance and lets the cat go.
  “Thanks, idiot I really appreciate it,”
  “You're welcome, I guess.”
The cat just runs away, it being the last time he will ever see that cat. He goes back too his truck where his daughter is at, quickly checks if shes
okay by looking in the window then goes back too check if the firefighters stopped the fire before it could get too his apartment. Luckily they did stop the fire. Now that that was out of the way he headed too Juan's house, where he would eat what Juan had cooked up, then he would leave brandine with Juan so he could go too his old house too have a “talk” with that theodore guy.
When he got there he parked right in front of the house, he got his shotgun out of the case he had in the back of the truck and walked towards the door.
  “BOOM! Where are you theodore!” he shot the door down while yelling for him.” Where are you!”
Theodore was nowhere too be found which got him even more angry. He was nowhere in the house, he checked the first floor, the second floor, the attic, and even the basement, but there was nobody. He went back too his car furious at the fact that there was nobody there. He drove back too Juan's house just too find out there was another problem he had too deal with.
  “Daum wolves! BANG! BANG!” he fired two shots too scare them away.
He went inside Juan's house to tell him how there was no one there, then he left back home. The day got even worst when they got home because for some reason the city closed the building until further notice, which meant they would have to look for somewhere too live while they fix that other building.

Days later the head of the apartment complex called Jerry too tell him if he would like too return to his apartment. Without thinking he said yes since the place he currently lived in was too expensive. When they got back not much changed, besides the repainted walls and a new water fountain in the middle of the building. Him and his daughter went in their apartment too find nothing moved out of its place, everything was in the the same exact spot as before. Everything was also dusty probably from the ashes of the fire. It took them about two days too completely get rid of all the dust from the furniture and floor and a couple of paint cans too repaint the walls in the interior of their home. They decided too buy new furniture and a new table since they wanted to change certain things. Jerry also decided too finally buy a TV that was able too be mounted on the wall.
Everyday was a normal day with nothing interesting ever happening until one monday there was phone call.
  “Hello?” answering the phone, “who is it?”
  “Hi, is this Jerry, Jerry Jefferson?”
  “Yes it is, who is it?”
  “Oh hi, this is the county bank I am calling you to tell you that you're old house is now available since their was an accident  with the previous owner.”
  “Wait what?! do you mean my old house I used too live in? the house you people took from me and lied too me about what would happen too the house after I would leave?”
  “Yes sir that exact house, would you like too move back in their?”
  “YES! of course I would love too move back over their! I would love that!”
  “Okay sir, you can go back there whenever you want.”
  ‘Okay, thank you very much!”
Hanging up the phone he quickly went ahead and tried too call his daughter, but something was wrong, she didn't answer. The more times he tried too call, the more worried he was. Brandine always answers the phone no matter what was going on. He kept calling and calling. She never answered.
That was twenty years age, twenty years. All he has now is a photo of her. A photo of him with his wife holding little Brandine in his arms in her first birthday.