Supernatural Tales | Teen Ink

Supernatural Tales

November 5, 2014
By Marshmellow1 BRONZE, Mt.Pleasant, Texas
More by this author
Marshmellow1 BRONZE, Mt.Pleasant, Texas
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Author's note:

 
Preferences
§
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
0
-
=
Backspace
 
Tab
q
w
e
r
t
y
u
i
o
p
[
]
 
Return
 
 
capslock
a
s
d
f
g
h
j
k
l
;
'
\
 
shift
`
z
x
c
v
b
n
m
,
.
/
shift
 
 
English
 
 
alt
alt
 
 
Preferences

I stiffen to the sight of fallen water on my cheeks and I stare deeply into the sky. The forest pour with enchanted droplets of rain and the trees soundless whisper until a gush of wind blew. My black cloak clung to me and I grab my basket full of berries.
My ears playfully join in with the gossip of the trees as they spoke the mysteries stories of the woods. I began to walk to my hidden cabin before the storm came.
“Yes, I hear wise old tree.” I said. “I do fear something horrible is coming.”
I shut the front door close and with the snap of my fingers, the chimney erupts with warm fire. I put my basket on the kitchen table and took of my cloak and went straight to the sofa. I close my eyes to sleep the storm away.
“Hello,” I grasp the baby bunny into my arms and smile. I take one of the berries from my basket and gave it to the bunny. It ate it and happily jumps inside my basket eating the rest. “I’m going to call you Berry because you love berries as much as I do too!”
I giggle.
“Amulet!” Grandma screams my name.  “Amulet! Get away from it!”
I leapt from the sofa, sweating and recalling the horrible sensation of my past. My grandma warns me to stay away from the animals and I did not obey. I shake my head and wipe away the tears from my eyes. When I was six, I was taught that there are evil magical creatures in the world and most of them can shape shift into animals. To capture and kidnap others for pleasure or food; quit disturbing
I jump to the sound of tree branches knocking my window and I stand to near the window curtain. I gaze at the blurry woods and I hesitate to an unknown shadow behind the trees. I scrub my eyes and glance back, nothing. It must be my eyes playing with me. I have been here alone in the woods for a while, only talking crazy with the forest trees.
Yawing, I walk to my work table and stare at the old ancient book my grandma gave me. It had all the basic spells, medical treatment, and supernatural abilities that a witch can have. I sadden; I did not receive any healing genetic witch power, not that I know of? Unlike my grandma, she was a strong and proud witch full of laughter and extraordinary talent to heal one. Yes, she was a wonderful witch doctor to every magical creature in the forest.
The only thing that stops her from continuing was the power of evil that consume the woods. Bringing her lovely business down and her reputation burned in the fire.
I tense to a loud yell from outside. I turn off the chimney and hid anything suspicious of someone living here. Quickly, I clasp on my invisible cloak and I closely watch from far away as three shadows open the front door.
“We need help!”
“Grigori, there’s nobody here!”
“Lay Petre on the couch. There has to be something around here that could heal him?”
I jolt to the sight of another guy but this one was odd. He had dirty blond tousle hair and emerald eyes. He seems to be the mature one as he leads the others to follow his orders. Who are these men?
Grigori with the blond hair and deep ocean eyes, turns on the chimney. While, the other one tries to keep Petre awake by talking to him. I wander near and I saw the young boy brown eyes fade and my heart race.
“Anghel,” Petre murmur.
I gulp, stepping back from Petre fever.
Angel took Pete hands and began to shake intensively. “Don’t worry brother, stay with me. Everything will be alright. Soon, after the storm passes will go home and see mom.”
The room tenses as everyone stops searching and settle around the couch with Pete, for the last time. I close my eyes, what should I do? Grandma has always told me not to talk to strangers but they need me. I might not have the power to heal but I still have the knowledge of a witch.
Pete tries to keep his eyes open, “The forest can help.”
I crook my head curious but none of them acknowledge the thought. Only the handsome emerald guy who whispers “Enchanted forest… I ask for help.”
The door opens with a gush of wind and pulls me out of my spell. My invisible cloak disappears from my body and fly’s away out the door. The room was silence as I come near the light of the chimney and they gasp.
“I will assist you,” I stare at the emerald guy and he nods, shock.
I came forward to the fragile boy, “Petre.” I touch his forehead. “He’s burning faster then I imagine.”
I go the kitchen and grab hold of my homemade medicine. I take a spoon full and let Pete sip it and I wait. Nothing happen, he was still having high fever. What is going on?
I glance around my grandma medicine book, it should have healed him!
“Why isn’t my brother healing?” Anghel said.
I stutter, “I don’t know?”
“What kind of witch doctor do you call yourself?”
I look away ashamed, I can’t give up. “How did he injure himself?”
Grigori lifts his shoulders, “I don’t know? Do you know Aurel?”
“I was not near him at that time.” His emerald eyes sparkle and I hold my breath as he intensely stares at me. “Do all that you can please and if there’s any question, we will answer them.”
“We can’t trust her!” Anghel yells.
Aurel doesn’t respond to him but plead me and I nod. “I’ll do what I can do.”
He sights. “Thank you.”
“First I need to know what really happen out their?” I point out in the woods as I gather my random materials that could help him. “I’m serious, he could of ate something or touch something that was poison.”
I stare at them and I could tell Anghel was hiding something.
“Actually know that I remember? We were hanging near around some poisons flowers.” Grigori says. I react and lift Petre t-shirt up and exposed a long red scratch. I feared for him. “What!”
I look at the guys, “If you want your friend to live. I will need some materials from the outside and fast.”
I began to write a list and I handed it to Aurel who steps in, “Grigori come with me. Anghel stay and keep an eye on Petre; he is your brother.”
Rapidly they disappear and I got on my knees in front of Petre and soak a paper cloth with water. Placing it gently on his scar and he whimpers.
“It’s okay,” I whisper and he slightly looks at me with dark brown eyes. He look just like Anghel but a little younger and straight black hair.
“I’m going to die aren’t I?” he says.
“No you aren’t!” Anghel says but Petre ignores him.
I smile, “My grandma use to say that, ‘If one loves then one heals.”
He smiles, “Thank you.”
I put my hand over his eyes, “Know go to sleep and do not worry, I’ll make sure you wake up with your brother.”
He fell asleep and I stood upright.
“Know tell me what really happen,” I said. Anghel tenses and he doesn’t do eye contact with me. “If you want your brother to live; you might be the only one who can help him.”
He hesitates, “We were horse playing by the pond and I got angry with him because he didn’t do exactly what I said. So I grabbed a branch from a bush and,” He sobs. “I didn’t mean to hurt him! I didn’t know it was poisons.”
I grasp his cold hand and the proof was spread all over like a severe rash. He reddens. “Follow me.”
I lead him to the kitchen and I wrap the herb around his hand and the bandages.
“I’m sorry about what I said earlier before.”
I shake my head, “I don’t care and do not worry. What you told me, I’ll keep it a secret, anyway it is none of my business.”
The front door flies right open and they were back with the materials.
“This is all, anything else.” Grigori says.
I shake my head, taking the basket and walking toward Petre. “Right after I help Petre, I want to know everything.”
The thunder storm kept going and I finally finished attending Petre wound and slowly by the second, he was healing. I stirred up some nice soup and warm canella to the guys as they sat on the floor or couch.
“Vampires, eek!” Aurel laughs and I blush. “I mean, I have never met any other magical creatures!”
Aurel raises an eyebrow, “Are you serious?”
I frown, “Yes. My grandmother was a fabulous witch doctor and did not like me near anyone or trust anyone.”
“I see.”
“Anyway that not the point,” I said. “How come you’re here?”
Grigori yawns, “Well, we came to visit family and haunt for food.”
“Better not be me.” Petre awakes and the storm seems to calm down and I smile. “Hello sunshine. How are you feeling Petre?”
He stands and stretches, “Much better, thank you.”
Aurel stands and leads, “We must get going.”
“Oh,” I redden. “Such a sudden trip.”
“Life is waiting outside.” Grigori says and they all step out of my cabin to the beautiful outside world. Petre sucks in some fresh air. “Life is wonderful; Petre you should be the one to know best.”
They all stare back at me and they said their thanks and I grin.
They all left deep into the dark forest and once again I was alone with the mystical trees. I close my door and the next thing I hear was a loud knock.
I open it, “Aurel!”
He laughs, “You think your dark prince wouldn’t come back?”
I blush. “What are you doing?”
He laughs, “You look so cute blushing.”
I playfully push him out the door, “Get out of here!”
He laughs more and with rapid speed enters the household, “Such a cozy cottage.”
I give up and sat on the couch eating my berries. “What do you want? If there’s no one dying, please leave.”
He stands before me and his emerald eyes glimmer, “Why did you except us to your household.”
I falter, “I guess, I just disagree to disagree of my grandmother knowledge. I believe that there is much more in a person that what they stand for.”
“You could have drain you.”
“I know but the forest spoke.”
“I notice. I can speak to the forest too.”
The room became silent and he grins walking back to the front door about to leave.
I lay back on the couch tossing another berry into my mouth.
“You are a better witch doctor then you believe you are, thank you again.”
My heart skips a beat, “Really, you just come visit a second and then you leave like nothing.”
I go to the door and his face comes inches near mine and I hold my breath.
“You miss me already.” He grins and I push him out of my door. “Get out!”
His soulful laughter irrupts and he quickly kisses my cheeks, “Do not worry my witch princess, our story is not over.” He tosses my black cloth to my face and winks. “Found it in the forest.
He disappears in the woods and I exhale. The forest trees shiver its branches and fall was coming. I smile up at the trees, “Oh Grandma, you are truly a stunning mystical tree.”
The wind blows and I hear the whisper of my grandmother lovely voice, “I am proud of you, Amulet.”
I close my cottage and grab another berry and toss it in my mouth.

My hair swiftly blows across my face and I catch my breath to the sniff of an unpleasant, bloody odor in the air. I knew it wasn't any kind of demonic creature; but a Fallen Angel. Who roam the earth disguise as a human, judging the sinners into temptation? What cruelty it is but, that is the path they choose. In other words; I didn't choose my path. I stiffen to a large shadow that appears before me in the dark snowy woods.
  “Yuck,” the shadow mimics. “I hate Nephilim, they consider themselves so self-centered. You should have never excited.”
I erupt with laughter, “Considering you are a fallen whom should have never sinned to the Heavenly Father. You had a chance with him, but you took the wrong path! Who’s the self-centered?”
He raises an eyebrow, “Well at least I chose my path. Unlike you who was chosen at birth to take the path of evil; all because a sinner woman had relationship with a Fallen Angel!”
“Do not speak of my mother like that! She is a hard worker and a lovely person!” I spit at him. “Even though my Heavenly Father doesn't notice what I do to help earth; you have no right to intervene.”
“You want to end us, your own kind! You’re half Angel and human; were both evil and have the thirst to haunt for are desires.” He grins and pulls out his hand towards me. “Come along. Join the dark side…your biological father is waiting, not your Heavenly Father.”
“Never, I swear!” I shout. He crooks his head and saddens but suddenly, he wraps around me pouring out my temptation; by taking over my body.
My head roars with the sound of a hissing snake, crawling through my thoughts. God doesn't love you! Why do you think that he will save you? Sale your soul to us, and receive wealth, immortality, and all you could want.
I shake my head and pull him out of my body as if he were a limp soul paste on me. The Fallen Angel crumbles to the floor and I don’t hesitate. I quickly lift my sword and stab his dark heart.
He coughs out blood and grins, “You’re like us. You’ll see. The temptation is already growing inside you.”  He shatters into golden dust and his soul disappears into the underworld.

I awaken and I stumble against my art set of paintings, on the floor. Before I could reach the handle, I notice myself for the first time in months. The long mirror, which was up on the door, reflected a mysterious guy. I straighten myself and push my dirty, blond hair away from my eyes. Dang, my hair has gotten longer and my skin is tanner then before. I shrug; at least I’m still ‘six feet’ tall and handsome. I joke as I playfully make funny faces to myself; until, I step closer to the mirror and I began to stare deeper inside of me.
Pitch black dots replace my golden eyes and I recall the sensation of temptation taking over me. I shake my head, trying to erase the memory away but it didn’t disappear. I smash the mirror and my hand ripples with blood and pain. I gaze up; it shatter all over the place but a little piece was still glued on and only my eyes glimpse back at me. ‘Who are you Michael Anthony Lawrence? You’re not a human nor an angel but a Nephilim. You might not understand God’s will but in the end you hope that God will seek favor upon you…to love you once more.’
The black eyes came back. God doesn't love you. Come to the evil side, you will be favored by all. Laughter erupts in my head, I rip down the mirror from the door and it snap’s beside me. The room became silent and I scowl at the door; no more mirror. I slip out into the streets and I begin to haunt the shadow of night.
The temptation won’t leave. I hold back the intense agony to rip my body open and take away the sins inside me. I need to find my biological father, I need to destroy him!
“Where are you Father?” I yell.
I react late, as a strong body forces me against a tree and I glance into those familiar eyes. These eyes are where my demon hides!
“Father!” I straighten. He grumbles into a long malicious laughter.
“It’s been a while, why haven’t you called?” He playfully asks and more demon legions appear around us.
“Satan, go away!” I scream at the top of my lungs.
He raises an eyebrow, “Now, now, you know better than to say that name, although I appreciate it, but I am not Lucifer. I am Aym, Duke of Hell.” He grins wide.
I shake my head, disappointed. “Get away from me!”
“Still dreaming about Heaven.” He gently pats my head. “Poor boy, come join us and be my son?”
“I am not your son! I am my Heavenly Father’s son!”
He frowns, “Wrong answer.”
He slips inside me and I felt the sensation of a wicked lure to torment the living and dead. What am I? Who am I! I don’t want this!
“Get out of me!” I howl. The feeling of a thousand nails sting my thought; which despairs into a blank mind. I have no choice, “God forgive me, I have no choice; I tried: for you!”
My eyes where blurry but a magnificent light came from above. It glimmers more than the stars that shine with holiness of beauty. A Messenger, Angel of God touches my fragile body and illuminates the power of love.
The roar of a lion or the rumble of thunder speaks with compassion, “You are wonderful Michael Anthony Lawrence. I have never left you nor have I forgotten about you. I love you as I love everyone: do not forget who you are, son. I will be waiting for you, soon.”
The voice disappears but the strong love clings to me. I cry and the Angel who had his hand firm on my shoulder lifts it up and a burst of light luster. All the demons including my biological father disappear into the mist. I stand up and I feel the burning of fire inside me; it feels good.
The Angel smiles and he lifts his hand, “Follow us; you are welcome to join.” More Angels appear behind him and I smile.
 



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.