Raise Me | Teen Ink

Raise Me

March 3, 2014
By Marshmellow1 BRONZE, Mt.Pleasant, Texas
More by this author
Marshmellow1 BRONZE, Mt.Pleasant, Texas
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Author's note: I hope by reading this story, it would express and show a world of myth...a real world that everybody has in their dreams.

The author's comments:
Chapter one starts off with Mr. Mitel and he is a shape shiftier; a creature who looks like a human and can change into any animal.

Mr. Mitel

“I found my little girl! Get me a wet towel, clothes, and hurry everybody; she’s cover with thick mud.” I shout as I sat her on the couch still drop dead asleep and she shivers riotously. “It’s okay Bethany, wake up, open your eyes; daddy’s found you, you’re so lucky my child, the Shadow Slayers could of-” I sight, they could have kill you, that’s what a Shadow Slayer does; they kill any kind of magical creature, not even caring or wanting to know one, mostly when where nice people, nice shape shiftier.
“Here’s the towel Mr. Mitel,” utters Lex from across the room and tosses the towel and I caught it.
I slightly whip the mud of her hands, “Wow, how are cover with so much mud Beth?” I joke.

“So what happened commander,” I glance back up and Lacy my assistant stood with her hands on her hip and shakes her head. “You left your spot during the haunt, you were supposed to surveillance the area but you ran off and we had to abort the mission. It’s okay to miss the haunting game but you just caught us of guard, next times warn us.”
I fling the towel to Lex, “Clean my child up,” I command and he nods. I glare at lacy, “Shadow Slayer is what happen, when I left near a tree while I stakeout the perimeter, she ran off and after that I follow her scent by turning into a wolf and panic to finally find her. She was in the interstate, the human road and surrounded by Shadow Slayers. Also, a human couple carried her on their arms and I got foolish and killed a few Slayers but I couldn't save the two couple’s, they died and the some Slayers escape.”
“Well, interesting story but a S.S. doesn't just leave by sacrificing a few members without a price,” she declares curiously and I shrug.
Lex screams, “Mr. Mitel, Look?” I turn around to see what the problem was? I froze.

“S-she’s not my…daughter,” I gulp, the random girl had woken up and her eyes wide open, they shine bright pink, not my daughters eyes which are brown but how? She about two years old and has long black hair like Bethany, but she’s not mine: who is she? “She’s a human!”

“So it seems,” Lacy scorns. “You stole a child, the couple’s child.”

“How’s that possible?” Lex says.
I clench my fist and slam my hand against the wall and the strange girl jolts, “Where’s my daughter, where’s my real daughter.” I hold back my tears and Lacy pats my shoulder. “She’s gone, right?”

“I'm sorry but the S.S. might have taken her and she might of” Lacy hesitates. “Yes, she is gone.”
I laugh and Lacy fear my madness, “You know, I won’t stop looking for my wonderful girl,” I cough. “I’ll look for her until I find her.”
She doesn't comment my insanity but steps away, “Do as you like but look at the bright side, you got an adopted child and she’s full human.”
“Yeah, Mr. Mitel, the shape shiftier council won’t permit you to raise a human and if you do you’re going to have to raise her right,” Lex points out.
“I know the situation pretty well,” I kneel down to look at the new Beth and she hugs me; my heart warms up and I grin. “I’ll take the risk,” I whisper. “I’ll raise her correctly; she will be the best Shadow Slayer, an amazing hunter but doesn't haunt any magical creatures but haunts those who are evil.”

The author's comments:
Chapter two starts with Beth and is a bit longer.

Beth



I leap and quickly, snatching a fluffy brown bunny, “I caught you!” I snicker. “You’re such a cute bunny, do you have a family? Oh don’t worry I won’t eat you, I’ll let go of you once I show Lex.”
I stand up and skip home, the Forest bore a lovely smell and not far a waterfall cashes with the melody. I smile, I'm glad that my father train me in the woods, I feel free and wild out here, as if I was meant to live here. Of course I don’t, my dad isn't my real dad, I'm human and my fake dad is a shape shiftier; he accidentally stole me when I was small and my real parents died; sad story but its fine. My goal is to be an awesome S.S. and only haunt evil magical creatures.
The bunny sniffles and I look up, the old mansion stood in the middle of the woods, I sight; home sweet home. “Lex look what I found!” I squeal, racing inside and stop. In the living room, dad’s clan and a new group I haven’t seen before where talking business. I walk without knocking, “Sup dad, what’s going on?”
He smiles at me, “Hello, what a surprise to see you.” The rest of the group glances up with wide eyes…all of them are beautiful vampires, exotic creatures.
“What’s up with the bloodsucking vampires, don’t tell me you finally arrange a marriage behind my back; I know they are handsome but my fiance might drain me,” I joke and everyone laughs.
“Don’t be rude,” he says and gesture me to come beside him. “Don’t be rude, this is Mr. Visclosky clan, they are from Russia and yes, they all have the accent.”
“And let me guess, home of Vlad Dracula,” I reply and he frowns, his eyes blaze brown like his hair. “Fine, I’ll try to control my inner evilness.”
An attractive man chuckle and stood forward holding out his hand for me to shake, “Hello, this must be the daughter.”

“Yup that’s me, the daughter he stole,” I respond, grinning.
“I accidentally stole you,” daddy shouts.

“Of course you did, that is what they all say,” the man chuckles more and I give my hand to him and with the other I hold the bunny tight. He lean’s in and kisses it, I blush: what’s up with vamps and their funky manners?

“I am Mr. Visclosky, this is my clan and we are here serving your dad with serious business,” he says with a Romanian accent, I wish I had a foreign accent.

“Like what? I haven’t heard about any serious business,” I peek at dad, he looks away at my furious face, you didn't tell me anything, what are you hiding old man? “If that’s so, I want in.”


They slam the door in front of my face and I bang the door. How is that possible, damn vamps, they think that they have freakishly super-fast speed, doesn't not give them the right to kick me out of the meeting with lightning speed, without my scenario. I have every right to protest, I want to be involved, but no, dad doesn't want to fill me in. What exactly is going on?
I bang the door once and turn around to the kitchen, they even took my bunny, they better not be draining my bunny. I sight sure whatever, since they are powerful they can do anything, I slam close the kitchen door and walk to the cupboards.

“Vampire suck, why do they have to be extremely fast, strong, have manners, and gorgeous,” I clench my fist. “How am I going to murder one?”

“I prefer your first comment, the gorgeous part,” I jolt and spin around. A tall striking about nineteen year old vampire lean against the kitchen door, I didn't hear him come inside the room. “The killing part is very offensive and why would you want to murder a beauty.” He signals himself and I sneak my hand behind my back and crawl inside the cabinets and grab hold of a chef knife; I smile.

“Ha, a beauty, you call yourself, are you even included as a vampire?” I snort, and he frowns looking up and down my body, I flush. “So how do I kill your kind...your soon to be extinct species?” I change the subject before he gags about my looks.

“My kind, soon to be extinct species, you have a mouth full, you’re not such a fine lady with a brat mouth, I want respect,” he replies looking at me funny and I bit my lips, why does he keep looking at me like that?
“Fine, your majesty,” I redden. Know come closer, for I can stab you. “How do I kill a vampire?”

“Majesty, yeah, remarkable respect my servant,” he smirks. I am not someone’s servant, I thought. “For defense, let’s start with no knife like the one behind your back because that’s an epic failure. I frown and chuck back the knife inside the cabinets. I can still kill you; I have a knife in my belt.
“Lucky guess, ugly vamp,” I sneer. “I hate vampires, I dislike you!”
This made him grin, making dimples appear on his face, he is so hot. He had dirty blond hair and red eyes that gleam, I shake my head. I rotate and rumble through the cupboards. What am I thinking, I hate vampires but why does my heart race.

“You know you can try killing my kind by-” he starts but I cut his words.

“I don’t care,” I drag and behind me, I could feel him tense. Ha, he didn't see that coming, if you want a right guy; you got to let him, come to you.
“Are you sure that you really don’t care,” he says uncertain and I don’t answer. He probably thinks I have bipolar. “You are mean, your dad was right, you are nothing to him, that’s probably why he contact my dad to come help him look for his real daughter, he got tired of-”
I touch the tilt of my knife on my pocket and twirl around to charge and stab him but with sudden speed, he grabs both my hand spreading my arms wide and pushes me against the cabinets.
He quietly laughs and he leans his head close, that are forehead touch and some of his glossy hair fell on his face. He is about two inches taller than me and muscular, that I had the urge to crawl my fingers under his shirt. “I was kidding about what you’re dad said, instead he said, that you were a-”

“I know what he says about me, he tells everyone about me, he show’s me,” I snap. My father says good things about me and I know he wants to look for her real daughter, I'm not jealous but glad he is because I would too try to find an aspect that should be part of my life but my parents died; no point in trying for nothing. “I just wanted to catch you of guard.” I add.
He cackles and I flush, “You’re kidding, Wow! You actually kind of caught me of guard but I saw it coming at last minute, marvelous.” Are eyes lock and he scans me tensely as if his trying to read my mind or curious about something.

“Okay, I admit, I do what to know how to kill a vampire and a dummies book is not helping me, I just tested, what can I say, curiosity killed the cat,” I imply and snickers.

“You’re funny, amazing,” he declares leaning closer.

“Oh you know, class clown,” I said and he smiles. We stood like that for minutes and his eyes widen.

“Your eyes are beautiful.”

“T-thank y-you,” I shudder from the delight.
He angles his lips near mine about to touch and slowly I close my eyes, ready to mesmerize the kiss. Why am I doing this, why is my heart beating fast, I bet he can hear it; I don’t even know his name, I just met him. I drop my knife and it clatter, by surprise he leap away from me, rubbing his head and looking away. Embarrass from the strange connection, the seconds flew with an edge of awkward silent, what was about to happen?
I bent down and clutch the knife from the floor and blood spills from my finger, “Oh, I cut my finger, clumsy me.” I glimpse the guy and his eyes redden, I dash to the sink and clean my cut as I scramble with the cabinets looking for a bandage, I found pepper spray. “You’re not about to drain me,” I assume and he sights and I found the first aid kit, and wrap my right index finger with a One Direction bandage. “Good because whether you were about to go crazy, I'm ready to kill you,” I show him the pepper spray.
He raises an eyebrow, “With pepper spray?”

“Works well with your skin, mostly your eyes, I mean there are some defects, like blur of vision,” I respond and he shakes his head holding back his laughter.

“I learn to hold back the smell of blood,” he smirks and I yawn.

“Yeah, sure whatever,” I jest and I notice that his blond hair is straight with a few curl bangs and his face is the structure of an angel.

“You’re such a human.”
I'm shock, does he know I'm human, “You have a problem with humans?”
He shrugs, “Maybe, Maybe I do.”

“I'm human,” I said.
“Your dad warned us and way to be straightforward. Furthermore, I can see it in your eyes that you really want to know, is how are dads met each other?”
“Don’t care,” I entail sarcastically and he gives me a weird smile.
“Don’t worry it’s a short story,” he eyes sparkles.
“Okay continues but get to the part where my dad and your dad fight to death for the same chick.”
He blurts out surprise, “Your kidding I never heard that part of the story,”
“That’s because your dad lost,” I reply quickly.
“Fascinating, I’ll have to tell father about the embarrassing epic failure he attempt but anyway back to the fairy tale. My dad and your dad are cool with each other and have been friends since small and Mr. Visclosky is helping Mr. Mitel find his blood born daughter, does this make you feel if he doesn't love?” He finishes and my eyes widen and I look away, walking to the kitchen patio door. Where I saw my reflection on the glass and the eye-catching guy stood behind me whispering in my ears; does my dad love me. “He loves you-”
“I know,” I shout tensing to his words, of course, my father loves me but I just the true is. “I want to show my father that I’m not a waste of his time. I’ll make are dreams come true; I’ll become the greatest Shadow Slayer.
“So, I heard,” he says.
“Dad tells everyone, that why I want to make him proud.” I whimper and he doesn't respond right away.
“My name is Vixen Visclosky and Ms. Mitel or should I say Ms. Princess who doesn't care. At first I thought you were just an idiotic human but your pretty awesome human, yes, it’s a compliment.” He proclaims and I smile. The kitchen door opens, he must be leaving but the door doesn't shut, yet. “And you are very beautiful; I truly love your eyes.”
The door closes and I put my hand on my face and redden like a cherry. I hate vamps, their looks and their stupid words; why does Vixen make me feel this way?



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.