Another World | Teen Ink

Another World

December 11, 2013
By Dr.Whovian BRONZE, carlsbad, California
More by this author
Dr.Whovian BRONZE, Carlsbad, California
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Author's note: This is a really funny book inpired by my friends Natasha, Sydney, Steven, Paiton, Jordan, Elle and many others like Kiki and Lenny.

Once upon time, wait no. That won’t do, not for this tale anyway. I am a very big dinosaur, not just very big; in fact I am the largest and fattest walking creature on the face of this planet. My name is Hyphrocus; generally I am a gigantic, long-necked dinosaur, like a Brachiosaurus, but a lot bigger. I am the leader of what you would call a “special” pack. It consists of many dinosaurs that look completely different than me, like the couple of Triceratops, but some of them are Tyrannosaurus Rex to.
Isn’t it great? I have the weirdest pack; we all live in a giant plain with trees scattered here and there. Ironically I am only a female teenager, but I am stronger and smarter than any male T. Rex. Wait what?! Just because I’m a female giga herbivore I can’t be smart or strong?! No wonder your economy sucks you humans are mean. Anyway, we were walking and I started to hear a voice, “Excuse me but I heard you’re the leader of this exquisite pack.” I looked around, and then looked under my foot. “Where are you?” “Down here madam, I would like to join your pack, I am Vector, and I am a Velociraptor.” I stopped and looked at the little green dinosaur. “Of course, just don’t...You know...Eat anyone.” He gave me a look like he was offended. “Now why would I do that? You would squish me until I were to be just a puddle of red goo.”
We continued with our newest member until we found a huge lake with many plants, and dead dinosaurs. “Be careful, there is a Carntivore over there. Let me go over there and handle it.” I stomped over there and obviously he noticed me but waited until I stopped in front of him. “Yes?” He looked up and a glimpse of fear showed in his eyes when he looked up to see how big I really was. “I was wondering if you do not attack my pack, we need a place to rest and it looks like this would be the perfect place to rest for a while. I will make sure that they will not even think about attacking you.” He looked okay with the idea, “Fine, I won’t. As long as they don’t eat my meal, or squish it.” I roared and the pack came, wait are you criticizing me again?! Just because I’m an herbivore doesn’t mean I cannot roar. “The only things you cannot do is attack the Carntivore and eat his meal. He caught it he eats it got it?” They all nodded and went off and drank out of the lake. As I drank I continued to drink I thought of finding a friend just like me.

As I continued to drink and think the Carntivore came up to me. “Is something wrong? You look depressed.” I looked into his round, black eyes, “Well I’m huge and fat, have no other of my species in my pack, and I`m a bit lonely. Plus, everyone is afraid I`m gonna squish them. Actually, scratch that, that’s a good thing.” He looked down at his reflection in the water, “It`s gonna be fine. I travel alone, it gets a bit lonely but I will have to cope.” He looked back at me and smiled, I smiled back, “You can join my pack if you want…I wouldn’t mind, we just got a velociraptor today.” His eyes lit up with excitement, “I will join. Where are you guys heading?” I gave him a concerned look then looked at my reflection in the water. “Anywhere but here. They say there is a carnivore almost the size of me… They say he`s eating anything he can get his teeth on. I took these guys in so I could protect them.” The Carntivore didn’t look surprised, “I almost got eaten by him once… I’ve never been more afraid than that moment in my entire life.” While I was looking at my reflection I noticed that the water was shaking, as if it were quivering in fear, there’s only the water would fear other than me.
I looked up and saw a red tail swing in the air. “Speaking of Artigonian, do you see that?” The Carntivore looked up and saw the tail and shivered in fear. “Yes...It`s Artigonian. We should leave while we still own all our lives.” I looked around, and then I looked behind me. “Everyone go hide in the forest over there. I will hide in this lake.” They all ran while I jumped into the lake. He obviously noticed my very big splash and began to go toward the lake. All of the others hid themselves well enough to the point where they were out of site. The lake was deep enough so you humans could only see a little of my head. It was okay to because I could breathe to. I saw with my very own eyes a gigantic red T. Rex with eyes as red as a volcanoes lava. He scanned the area for his next victim for 20 minutes, gave up, and then leaned downward to drink some water. As his head went down, mine went downward as well. As I was holding my breath I thought to myself, ‘Am I afraid of him? I’m bigger than him I should be able to crush with my weight! But, to be careful I should stay.’ As he began to lift his head I began to lift mine until I could breathe again. I watched him go back from where he came from and then walked out of the water, slowly.
As I did I noticed these tiny weird looking things staring at me with a look of fear, as everything else does when we first meet. I kept walking away and kept looking at them with a confused expression, but they just kept starring. I mean it was so uncomfortable and weird! When I took a closer look I realized they were humans! That explained why they were so weird and ugly looking. I continued on, hoping I would not run into them again. We found a nice spot to sleep and as far as I was concerned everyone was asleep. While I was asleep I dreamed of finding my species and possibly a friendly human, then finally killing Artigonian.

We woke up early from the sound of the roaring of a helpless dinosaur. “I say, where is that roaring coming from?” Victor asked as he was sleepily getting out of his leaf bed. I looked around then stood up, “I don’t know, but I’m about to find out.” And I ran off to where the roaring was coming from. I ran out into a very open area with trees scattered everywhere and the lake we stopped by the other day. I saw a Dimetrodon trying to fight off Artigonian as he was backing into the lake. I then remembered that this lake was very deep and the Dimetrodon would probably drown in there thanks to his big, lizard-like body and gigantic sail on his back. I took my chances and charged. Strangely, the humans I saw were still there but that didn’t matter at the time.
I threw all of my weight forward and trampled Artigonian. “How dare you trample me?! Is that blood? Am I the all mighty Artigonian bleeding?!” I then noticed a big flesh wound on his shoulder where I head butted him. He fled, swearing vengeance on me. My pack came and joined me once again, “are you all right?” I began to walk toward the Dimetrodon to see if he had any wounds, “yes, he didn’t lay a scratch on me, thanks to you.” I looked to make sure he really wasn’t hurt; luckily he literally didn’t have a scratch on him. “Do you wish to join my pack? We have plenty of room, but this is optional I`m not going to force you.” He looked at me with delight and relief, “That would be wonderful…My name is Detrocar, what’s yours?” I looked at him and smiled, “My name is Hyphrocus. I am the leader of this pack.” He looked back and was very surprised when he saw my pack.
We left and I left my thoughts aside on if Artigonian was actually gonna come after me, or if he was just bluffing. As we continued to travel the prairie we ran into the outskirts of a forest, not a rain forest just a regular forest with humans in front of us, starring at us in a defensive position but as everyone could tell but them, they were terrified by my size. Ironically they were the same humans from the lake. One of the T. Rexs came up to me and then looked at the humans, “Can we eat them?” I stopped all of the carnivores from moving any closer to the humans. “No, I want to know if they can understand us.” The T. Rex looked a little unhappy, but got over it. “We can…Your voice is loud and scary, you’re big and scary too.” I looked down and noticed a puny one poking at my foot, more like my toe. I looked back at my pack and they just shrugged, well there useful, I just have to decide on everything don’t I? “Well so far I am the biggest dinosaur I have ever seen.” A bigger male looking one walked up to me, “You are a giant, but we are tiny bugs. We would like you to protect us from harm. You don’t have to say yes.” I took a moment to ponder this decision and then finally decided what I should do, “You may…But you could get squished. You shall ride on my back and remember, you are responsible for your selves, that means you supply your selves with your own food and I will protect you. They looked at each other then the male looked back at me, “Okay, we will follow your rules.” As they got on my back, one of them almost fell off my back but I saved her with my tail, Humans make it obvious whether they are male or female by the way they talk and act. Besides we all know if a human fell 100 feet from my back they would certainly die. But that thought was at the back of my head as we continued into the forest not knowing what was next.

As we continued to walk we heard a very high pitched voice. I looked around in confusion but I couldn’t see anything, then I came to the realization that I am huge compared to everything so I took a closer look. There I saw in the smallest dinosaur that I have ever seen, (which is a surprise considering everything is tiny compared to me) so this was extremely hard to see. “Why are you standing in front of me?” She looked at me and started to turn different colors? What the heck is wrong with this dinosaur? Sure I am pretty different myself but this is really weird! “Mrs. Please don’t yell at me I’m just a Tinyosaurus.” I looked at her like she was crazy, “A what?” She began to turn red and started stopping on the ground, “A TINYOSAURUS! Gosh woman open your ears a little, plus I want to join your pack. So let me in.” I stomped on the ground and she fell over and rolled around a little. “Excuse me for being a lot taller than you, but that also explains your name. And you’re not going to be in this pack with that attitude. She got up and turned back to her purple color, at least I think that’s her original color. “Okay I won’t act like that anymore. Now can I join?” I looked back at my pack who was now glaring at the dinosaur; they said they were okay with it as long as I was okay with it so I said she could. She then turned to a gold color and trotted over to the pack and introduced herself. She then asked one of the triceratops if she could ride on his back, he slowly nodded and began to regret it when she trotted on his back.
We pushed on until we found a gigantic river with huge exquisite fish and vegetation surrounding it. We all began to feast on the scenery and everyone was enjoying themselves, and that made me really happy. I ate from the tallest tree, which was only about half my size. The Tinyosaurus ate from the leaves on the ground. But while I was looking around I noticed the humans using these big sticks with a string attached to the tip of the stick, and on the end of the string there appeared to be a wooden sharp hook thing with a worm. And what did they do with it? They dipped it in the water and when a fist tried to eat the worm they pulled on the stick and they threw the fish into a fire! I was so blown away; I mean I have never seen anything like it! And I think one of them noticed I was staring at them because she signaled me to come closer. So I leaned my head in and asked her what she needed, pretending I wasn’t staring at them. Now, here’s the funny bit, when she gave me the stick to let me try what they were doing I dipped it in the water, but a really big fish, no, a fish the size of a T.Rex got ahold of my stick and began to pull; really hard. So as I was trying to pull the fish out of the water I did a really awkward back flip. Luckily, I landed on my feet, and I got that stupid fish out of the water, but I was in super shock, it wasn’t a bad super shock, it’s just that I never have done that before so it was pretty impressive. I left these huge holes in the ground and everyone just cracked up. But the even funnier bit is that I crushed a pack of velociraptors that were going to try to corner one of the triceratops. No one noticed the velociraptors so everything turned out all right.
We left when we were all done eating and continued pushing through the forest. On our way I noticed that all of the carnivores were avoiding me at all costs, this was probably because I kicked Artigonian`s butt and all he did was yell at me. There are perks to being big and fat no matter what those skinnier herbivores have to say. I also noticed that a lot of rainbow feathered dinosaurs want to be in this pack. I was totally cool with it, actually that was one of the things that made my day, there were also the rainbow furred dinosaurs so I was pumped, this was really cool. I have also come to the decision to call them rainbow dinosaurs. Once we found one of the best resting spots everyone fell asleep right away while I stayed up. But at one time I notice a small pack of dinosaurs, when I took a closer look I came to the realization that they were all carnivores.

As the pack came toward my pack they stopped by me and began to scan the area. But they weren’t looking for food, they were looking for danger, and I had a sick feeling that Artigonian had something to do with this. Then they began to wobble toward me and fell asleep on my stomach. (They thought I was asleep.) I felt lots of pity toward them, probably because I am feminine and an herbivore. As they slept I kept on guard for the rest of the night. In the morning I woke up and checked on the dinosaurs, and then I came to the realization that these dinosaurs were just hatchlings! Then I came to the realization that there mother was probably eaten by Artigonian, then I became enraged. They must have heard of me because they came directly to this pack, then directly to me. They woke up and realized I was looking at them, they turned and looked directly into my eyes, “Mrs. Please don’t eat us, and we just hatched and heard you could take other dinosaurs no matter what so we thought you would accept us.” The tinyosaurus sleepily waddled toward us and glared up at the hatchlings, “What are THEY doing HERE? No worried since you won’t handle there beasts I will.” She began to charge at them but then I slammed my tail right in front of her then smacked her and she flew into a triceratops, “What was that all about? I thought you didn’t attack anyone in this pack?” I glared at her and snarled viciously, “You dare charge at these two hatchlings?! They may look like giants to you but to use they are just children! The next time you even dare think about spewing out those words I will make sure you die in agony.” My voice boomed and shook the earth, along with the tinyosaurus.
This woke up all of the pack and they glared down at the helpless dinosaur. “Sorry.” She stomped away in anger but the only way I could tell she was angry was because she was turning as red as a tomato. I looked back down at the baby T.Rexs and made a vital decision, “I will take you in. You could consider me as your mother.” The hatchlings eyes lit up like the stars in the sky, “R-really? Th-thank you!” I looked at the humans on my back, “You will go on the stegosaurus`s back for now.” Then I looked down at the hatchlings, “you will go on my back now.” They all nodded at the same time (which was slightly frightening) and made the switch. Eventually as I was walking the hatchlings fell asleep, the humans once mentioned that my walking was very hypnotizing and at one point they all fell asleep at once. That sounded really weird at first but gradually made sense. As I was walking I was thinking on how the heck I did that backflip?! I mean seriously I weigh around 20 tons and I did a backflip and landed on my feet. That is an achievement I am really excited to do another one but I have children on my back so that’s not possible.

We continued to walk and then I stopped. “Wait right there everyone…” The hatchlings leaped off of my back and I slowly stomped toward an opening. When I looked around I saw Artigonian charging a blue Artigonian? That’s just downright weird and unnatural. I saw the blue one lean downward and latch onto Artigonian`s leg and then flipped him over. The blue one then noticed my presence, “Leave now before he charges you!” This was a great surprise to me; no one has ever said that to me. I was slightly offended that he thought I was weak even though I weigh so much more than him. But there was no time to think, Artigonian was beginning his charging sequence with fury in his lava red eyes. I took the realization that this was my opportunity to show Artigonian who is stronger, but I also realized that this could be his opportunity to kill me and that blue guy over there. Artigonian began to go as fast as he could possible and almost right before we made contact I lifted so that I was standing on my hind legs. He tried to stop immediately but slipped onto his side, then right under me. Right when he got under me I pushed all of my weight forward and crushed him. I could hear a very loud and high pitched scream come from the crushed figure. When the dust began to clear I saw a huge splatter of crimson blood coming from Artigonian, he began to breath, then slowly dragged himself away from me, trying to sprint. I took notice of a huge hole in the ground and that Artigonian was followed by a trail of his own blood. I could follow him to kill him and make every one’s life better but I felt that would be too cruel for my gentle heart. The blue one came up to me and stared into my eyes with his glacier blue eyes, “How…How did you..? You almost killed him…Why didn’t you finish him?” I looked at him if he were crazy he looked back at me with the same look, I guess we were having a conversation with our eyes, I think. “My heart is to gentle, even though I just almost crushed Artigonian to death.” The blue one looked down as if he was partially sorry for Artigonian, “My name is Zanphocia, and Artigonian is my brother. We are an ancient kin of the elements. We are the last of our kind.” I looked at him as if he were crazy (again) and then almost laughed. Then stopped and realized he was serious when he began to freeze the ground around him. “Can Artigonian do that?” Zanphocia looked down in disappointment, “Sadly yes. He melts the ground around him to catch prey faster than him, I surprised he didn’t burn him.” I then remembered seeing a very big herbivore over by a crystal clear lake where Zanphocia was standing when he offended me. I walked over there while the pack followed and the hatchlings jumped onto my back. This herbivore was huge with spikes all over its back and a huge, hard round thing on its tail. Then I saw a huge bite mark surrounded by a burn on it stomach.

“Are you alright? Wait never mind of course you’re not…. Do you need me to get you something?” He looked at me in despair. Then he looked at a bush with very large, deep green leaves and attempted to point at it. I realized what he was trying to tell me and walked over and grabbed two leaves. Expecting that he was hungry (which is odd considering he was a carnivore) placed the two leaves by his mouth. He then shook his head and looked at his wound, and then I realized what he was really trying to tell me and tied the two leaves around his wide waist so that they would stay on the wound. He then smiled and nodded, then closed his eyes and fell asleep. I looked at Zanphocia and sternly said “Pick up this wounded dinosaur and carry him with us. You have arms you can put some use to them.” Zanphocia looked down at the dinosaur, then his arms, and then sighed, took a step back, and scooped up the dinosaur in his arms (which looked hilarious from where I was) and stood there waiting for a command or movement. Once I was done laughing (which no one could hear…I think...) we left the gory site and set out to find a hiding spot for the night. We found many large, deep green trees all clumped together so we could hide everyone in the pack…except for me. So I took the decision that we should hide there for the night. I decided that I would much rather live than die so I got the hairy little humans (I just realized that these guys could be the Croods from the movie The Croods) to cover me with lots of green stuff we found coming out of a really big bug, wonder why he’s so flat…oh well guess I’ll never know. Any who we slept through the night very nicely for once so we were all very happy in the morning and trailed on and ran into Artigonian fully healed? Wait wo wo wo wo wo. That’s not right he should be dying somewhere else and not alive here. Then I looked over (took me awhile) and noticed the spiky dinosaur fully healed, so that means he used those giga leaves to heal himself...cheater. So before he noticed us and before everyone else noticed him I used my tail to grab a tree and hit him with it, apparently he thought it was a yummy dinosaur so I threw it and he chased after it, it was pretty funny considering he looked like a drooling idgit. After that we began to move on and noticed a river surrounded by light pink flowers and trees with those Hawaiian looking flowers on the sides, very pretty river and it even has fish! Hey I travel alright I’ve been to Hawaii I know what the flowers are like. I swayed my tail around the flowers and nothing happened. “Alright we are good.” I said as I walked through the flowers, and as always they all followed me cause I know what I’m doing. We began to follow the river and took a sip of water from time to time until after about an hour or so I stopped everyone and looked at a wooden fence? What in the dinosaur world is a wooden fence? As I was sitting there extremely confused the little hairy humans came to greet yet another hairy human? I though you all were extinct, why are you still alive?! Then the humans we know motioned us to go inside their little thing with little things and humans in it. Everyone looked at me and I decided to take the risk of going into what the humans called a village.



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 1 comment.


Dr.Whovian said...
on Jan. 15 2014 at 11:18 pm
I will be posting new chapters every now and then so please enjoy this book until the end.