Taking the pain away | Teen Ink

Taking the pain away

July 15, 2013
By SmileGirly, Nobelsville, Indiana
More by this author
SmileGirly, Nobelsville, Indiana
0 articles 0 photos 0 comments

As I walk into the school I feel people staring at me. Over twenty cuts on my arms they see. Hear the whispers and al I want to do is run and cry. Before I even get close to my homeroom my name is on the intercom. Brittany Green please comes to guidance. I turn back around and bump into the popular girl, Casey Lang. I stand there for a second and hear her squeal go through my body. She yells the vampire touch me. With her saying that I felt like a totally different person. The office was close enough to run to. Without thinking twice I start to run. At that very moment a door fly open and then every thing goes dark.

When I wake up I am on this bed with a blanket over me. I look around and then I see that I am in the nurse’s office. My cuts on my arms are wrap and I have a band-aid on my head. Hey how are you feeling I hear as my head pounds at a million times faster each time. Miss Tangles comes over to me and grabs my hand. You took at hard hit with that door says Miss Tangles. I say yea I did. Miss Tangles sits down on the bed next to me and points to my wrap arms, why did you cut yourself Brittany she ask. I run my hand over the wrap and say because I don’t feel like I belong in this world and all I want to do is cry.

Brittany she says, you belong in this world and you know that. There are mean people in this world that is going to try and bring you down by you have to show them that you do belong here. Cutting yourself is just showing them that they are getting to you and are going to feel even worse for living. You need to show them that you are not letting them get to you and prove that you do belong on this planet. I feel tears come into my eyes and I feel like I need to let them out but can’t. I hold them back and just sit there thinking.

First block was not even half way over yet. I walk slowly to my homeroom and when I walked in my nightmare started. The only seat that was left was by guess who, Casey Lang. I hand Mr. Morris my pass that the nurse who had really white hair gave me and took my seat. Mr. Morris was into history a lot and was talking about the Holocaust. I try to pay attention but I feel everyone’s eyes on me. I try to block them out but it is not working. As I get my notebook out and go to lay it on my desk there is a piece of paper wrap like a note. I pick it up and open it. I start to read it and I don’t believe what it said. Go die hoe, go cut your self-vampire. You don’t belong here at all. At that very moment I get up and run out the door with Mr. Harris voice g going down the hall. Not knowing where I am going I just keep running away from the school and into the woods. Scared and crying I trip over a stick and fall down in the mud. I sit there with mud all over me and not giving a f*** anymore about my life
I start to walk home and with mud running down my face and tears going down my face. I start walking across the road when a car honks and startles me. I wave sorry and run across. The guy pulls closer and asks if I am ok. I look at him and say I am not sure I know anymore. Get in he says and I will take you home. I say thanks but no thanks. I can’t go home my mom is there and she would be wondering why I am not at school. He says get in and I will take you to my house so you can get a shower and clean up. I say I have not extra clothes to wear either. Don’t worry you can trust me and I have clothes that you can use to wear.

I get in his car and he takes off heading down the road. We both stay silent until we get on the main high way. I sit there looking out the window when he asks me what my name is. I look at him and say Brittany Lang. I take my hand across my bangs to get them out of my face. He reaches out his hand and I shake it back and he says I am Jacob Dean. I look him up and down and can tell he is a businessman. He looks like he is in his early thirties and works out a lot. We make small talk until we pull up into this long drive way. He pulls into his garage and says sit still for a second. He comes around and opens my door for me and asks if he can help me out. Startle for a sec I nod and take his hand. He unlocks the door and I wait till he says come in. I follow him into another room and there is a huge walk in closet. It is filled with all these girl clothes. I look at him and he says I had a daughter before she was killed along with my wife. I whisper sorry and he nods and says I am doing a lot better now. Take a chose of clothes and I will show you to the shower. I grab a rock t-shirt, shorts, and a new sports bra.
Jacob waits for me to come out and points to the bathroom where he has place a bag for my others clothes. I go in and start the shower and start to undress. I get in the hot steamy water and start to wash off. I wash my hair, which was full of mud. I get all clean up and I grab the towel that was on the floor and wrap it around me. I step out and pull the curtain close and turn around to find Jacob with his hands over his eyes and a box of personal items in his hands. Sorry he says and tries to set the box down. I say that is ok and thanks for letting me use your shower. Anytime he says and backs out of the door.
Thinking of what I am going to do when my mom gets a call from the school saying that I missed most of the day. Scared out of my mind I get up and walk out to be Jacob is sitting on the coach reading a book. When I reach him he gets up and says do you feel cleaner now that you don’t have mud over yourself. Happy I nod and he motions for me to sit on the coach. He see’s my arm and the cuts that have been unwrapped when I got in the shower. Jacob reaches over and easily touches the cuts and looks at me. Afraid of what he may say I get up and start to run out of the house. Before I could even get to the door Jacob has me in his arms and my whole body shaking. He picks me up in his muscular arms and lays me on the bed in the room I just came from. I turn over and cry hard that my head starts to hurt. He tells me to let it all out and wraps me in his arms. I must of fell asleep because I don’t remember what happen.
An hour later I am waking up and Jacob is not in the room. I look at the clock on the wall and it says it is only 2:35 pm. School does not let out till 3:30 pm here in Chicago, IL. I smell something good coming from the kitchen. So I get up and walk into the kitchen were I see Jacob slaving over the stove cooking. I say hey what are you making that smells so good. That it wakes me up. He smiles and says it is a chicken stuff breast. I’m glad that you like the smell of it. I figure that you have not eaten lunch today and that I would make you something so you did not feel hungry later. I ask if I my sit at the bar and he says of course Hun. He asks me about what happen to my arm when we started eating and I felt so sick to my stomach. He looks worried at me and says you don’t have to tell me if you don’t want to. It takes me a minute to get it out but when I got a hold of myself I said I cut my self.
He looks at me like why would you do that. I say that this a way that I try and handle things and makes me feel like I belong on this planet. He says I promise that that I will make sure that you get that the help you need. I say I do get help but my mom isn’t helpful at all. I’m sorry he says and asks if that is why I am not at school. Yes and because every one at school says that I do not belo9ng and that I should go die and never come back. It is very hard for me to do anything anymore. I should be going now it is almost time for me to go home and listen to my mom and punish me for skipping skill for almost the whole day.
Let me drive you Jacob says. I smile and say that would be so nice of you. He hands me his number to and says if you need somewhere to go or need help please don’t hesitate to give me a call. I say I will and wash my disk. After we clean up the kitchen we head to the car and head back home. We talked about how scared I am to go home and my mom kicking me out. I won’t have anyplace to go and who is going to take care of me. I just want to be normal like all the other teens in the school district and be able to go to school like everyone else.
Jacob pulls up in my drive way and wish me good luck. Before I got out Jacob leans in and kisses my head and says I’m here for you and always will be. I say thank you and get out of the car. I can see my mom and someone else sitting n the living room. When I reach the front door I took a deep breathe and walk in and says I am home. My mother walks in and so does my best friend Amy Taylor. Brittany yells Amy as I walk toward her. Where have you been you haven’t been at school today and I was so worried about you. I got a call form the school today my mother Katie said,. They said that you got hit n the head and was out for a while and then you went to homeroom for like ten minutes then ran out of the school. Yes I know what I did and I don’t want to talk about it at all. I’m going to my room so I can just relax and be able to get my thoughts together, Brittany you don’t have a room here anymore Amy says. What!!!!! I yell. You need to find somewhere else to live because I cannot take care of you anymore. I give up. I try to get you help, help you stop harming yourself and to give you a normal life. Apparently I cannot do anything for you so I pack all your stuff up. Now get out of my house before I call the cops my mom said. I pick up my bags and start to walk down the drive. I pull out my cell phone and dial the number Jacob gave me and ask can I come and stay with you for a while. I was scared that he would say no, but instead he said yes you may babe. At this moment I realize that someone is taking my pain away. At that very moment I knew that I had to change.



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.