Nightmare: Love Is Forever | Teen Ink

Nightmare: Love Is Forever

By Midnight1028 PLATINUM, SOUTH BELOIT, Illinois
Midnight1028 PLATINUM, SOUTH BELOIT, Illinois

"Seek the non-see-ken and follow your own path for the right life."

Author's note: This is an unfinished story and I wanted to see if anyone would like it.

Ariel listens to the ocean waves crush against the rocks by the shore. She got up from the bed and looked out the window. The sun was going down and the moon was coming up. She saw some birds in a tree cuddling next to each other to keep warm. Ariel smiled, but the happiness didn't last long because "They" were calling her and she closed her eyes trying to fight what "Their" were saying.
"You are dead, Ariel."
"Go away!" she demanded and she could hear nothing, but the church bells that was a mile away.
"You're dead!" the voice said again.
"I'm not dead" she protested.
She lied on the bed by the big window. The room had dressers by the bed on the right side of the room when you walk into the room, and a desk that sat in the left corner of the room. The room had many colors of pink, purple, and sky blue. She fell asleep under her pink blanket. Something starting growling down the hall and Ariel jumped from her sleep. The noise started to come her way; Ariel quickly shut and locks her door. She lied back on her bed almost as if she was hiding from what was out in the hallway. About two hours later, she cracked the door to see if whatever making the noise was still there. Once she saw it was gone, she walked down the dark, live less hallway and she could see stairs ahead. She tried running to the stairs, but the stairs seem farther and farther away every time she got close to them as if the stairs were moving away from her.
She looked at herself in the mirror.

She had blue eyes, brownish- blond, and her skin looked pale with her fire-red strapless dress and said "Maybe, I'm dead, but how did I die? Something strange is going here." She saw a shadow behind her, "Hello? Who's there?"
"Your soul shall be mine!" The shadow said jumping towards her, but she ducked then started to run to her room.
The shadow was chasing her and was about to get her, but she slammed the door and locked the door.
"What in the world was that and why did it want my soul?"
She moved away from the door and she could hear it scrapping "It's" claws against the wall. Ariel felt trapped in the room, but it was the only room she knew out of whatever building she was in.

The sun came up and Ariel cracked the door to see if the demon was there. There was no sign of the demon, so she slowly walked out of the room. The sun lit the hallway and she could see stairs again, but this time the stairs didn't move. She reaches the stairs. She walked down the stairs and she saw a dining room on the left and a living room on the right. Ariel could hear someone playing "Who's Child Is This?" and saw a 16- year old boy with brown hair and blue eyes. He looked to be 6ft to7ft tall. The piano was right of the couch and left from the door where you entered. The fireplace was in between the piano and couch and a beautiful, clear crystal chandelier hung in the middle of the room. The boy got up to face Ariel and his eyes glitter from the light.
"Hi, my name is Alexander James Night. What's your name?" he asked holding his hand out to shake Ariel's hand.
"Hi, Alexander, my name is Ariel Joy Summers, but just calls Ariel." she laugh and shook his hand. He smiled at her joke.
"Would you like me to play some music, Ariel?" he said back to the piano.
"Yes. Can you play "Dragon's in mist?” She asked.
''Why yes I can." he said as he was playing the song.
After the song was done, he sat next to Ariel and said
"Ariel, how did you get in my house?”
She looked at him "I don't know. I just woke up from a nap and here I am." Alexander chuckled and Ariel giggled.
"Well... did you die in your past life, Ariel?" he asked.
"I just told you I don't know. If I did why would I tell you? I mean I don't know who you are and I don't know if I can trust you so, you see my point." she said wondering if it might have hurt his feelings.
Alexander smiled again to signal that his feelings weren’t hurt and that he understands.
"Let's get to know every other better, shall we?" he said waiting for her approval.
"Sure. What’s your favorite color?" she asked
"Black, blue and red" he answered “What’s your favorite color?"
"I like black, red, blue, and also purple. Umm.... favorite animal?" she asked.
"I like wolves and bats. You?" he asked.
"I like wolves and bats too." she said with a smile.
They had hours of laughing and talking about themselves, then night come.
"We should go to bed Ariel. It's getting late." he said.
"Why? Do you have a bed time little boy?" she joked.
Alexander smiled, "No, it's just not safe around here at night and I don't want you to get hurt." he said with serious tone.
"Aw, that's cute. We barely know each other and you want me to be safe. Ok, I will go to my room in one condition." she said.
Alexander looked at her curious of what she might say, "And what will that be?"
"You have to walk me to my room." she smiled at him. He smiled back. Alexander starting to fall in love with her and Ariel was starting to fall in love him.
"Ok, I accept that condition" he said helping her up.
When they reach the stairs, Ariel stopped and asked, ‘Do you know what the "Gate of Truth" is?"
Alexander eyes almost shot out of his head because the people that knew that were his father, his mother, his past lover and him.
"Yes, I do. Why?" he said.

"Well, I've been having these dreams about the "Gate of Truth and these dreams say that my lover is somewhere around there, or somewhere here. I don't know." she gave him a shy smile.
"Well, maybe, it's true. All I know is that the "Gate of Truth" is how you can go back to the world of the "Living" as I called it and be alive again." Alexander said.
"Wow. So, I'm dead. I was hoping I wasn't, but my gut and a shadow told me that I am dead. This stinks. I missed my school trip.” She frowned.
"Don't beat yourself up. Now come. We have to go to our rooms soon. Oh, lock your door and windows." he said.
"Why?" she asked.
“Because then I know for sure that your safe." Alexander exclaimed.
Ariel knew she kind of liked Alexander from the start, but now she starting to like him more than before.
"Hey, why does it get so dangerous at night?" Ariel asked.
"The demons make it not safe during the night." Alexander explained.
"Oh, ok. What happen to your parents?" she asked.
Alexander looked at the floor with a depressed face.
"Oh, Alexander, I'm sorry. You don't have....."
"My dad beat me and my mom all the time. Then, my dad just left and never came back. My mom left her room at night and one of the demons got her when I was ten years - old. So, I really didn't have anyone around here. That's in till you came." He said looking at her with a faint smile and turned away.
"I don't know what happen to my family, but I think it was almost the same, I guess." she said with a sad tone.
They reach her room. Ariel open the door of the room and was about to shut it and then Alexander said "Ariel?"
"Yes? What wrong?" she said facing him again.
"Nothing is wrong. I just wanted to say it's nice to see someone the same age as me. I mean it's been years since I seen someone, you know?" he said with a smile.
"Oh, thanks and same here." she said blushing.
He grabbed her hand and pulled Ariel closer to him with their hearts racing.
“I've never felt this way before towards someone like I do you." he said leaning forward slowly. Ariel starting leaning forward too and their lips met and almost melted into each other. Alexander pulled away and Ariel almost fainted.
"Good-night, Ariel." he said as went across the thin hall to his room door.
"Good- night, Alexander." she said still blushing.
He smiled at her and she smiled back. Ariel shut her door then lock and Alexander did the same. Ariel made sure all the windows were locked while she was dancing around the room and thinking about Alexander. Alexander lied on his bed and kept thinking the kiss over and over again. Alexander was pleased with himself that he kissed her, "But,” he thought," I have to learn not to blush around her." He started to blush again. Lucky, Ariel didn't catch him blushing. Ariel fell asleep with a smile in her face. Alexander woke up because there was a knock at his door.
"What do you want?" Alexander said to the shadow named Nightmare.
"Is that how you greet your father, Alexander?" Nightmare said with anger.
"Sorry and what's up?" he said.
"How's our plan with the girl? Will we be able to take her soul or not?" Nightmare said with a smile.
Alexander didn't want to say anything about him falling in love with her and kissing her because his father would kill him and Ariel. Alexander thought quickly on what to say,
"I don't know yet and I don't know when I will."
"Okay, son, remember you must take a human soul to be a full demon." Nightmare said before disappearing into the dark hallway. Alexander shut the door and locks it.
"What if my dad finds out I'm in love her. I can't hurt her, but I want to be a full demon. I love her, but I want my dad's approval. No! I can't let a dumb girl ruin my chances of impressing my father, but yet I think I have to." he thought to himself.

The next day, Ariel took a shower and put on her white t-shirt with black roses on it. She put on a plain black skirt with black and white striped tights and her black high heel boots. She walked to Alexander's door and knocks three times.
"Alexander? It's me, Ariel." she said sweetly.
"Just a minute, my love." he said getting out of the shower and putting his clothes that he laid out on his bed.
Ariel blushed and said to herself “Oh, my god. He must have just got out of the shower. What if I just walked in on him? Ha-ha, he'd be dressed by then. Oh well, I love him anyways."
Alexander opens the door and gave Ariel a long and slow kiss. Ariel legs begun to get weak and she almost fell to the floor, but Alexander caught her.
"How come every time I kiss you, you faint, or fall?" he laugh.
"Because?" she said teasing
"Because why?” he smiles at her.
"Because I love you." she said.
Alexander blushed with a smile.
"I can see you love me" she giggled.
"Do you love me?" he asked with a smile.
He was falling more in love with her every moment he's with her. He felt complete. He felt like he wasn’t an outsider.
"I could show you better than I could tell you." she said with an evil smile.
Alexander was confused." Huh? What do you...?”
Ariel interrupted him with kiss and they both ended up on the floor. Alexander helped her up of the floor and they walked to the stairs.
Ariel stopped him," Hey, Alexander?"
"Yes, my love?" Alexander said.
"Who was knocking at your door last night" she entreated.
"It was nothing. The wind was knocking on my window." he lied," If she knows my father is after her soul, so I can be a demon, she'll never talk to me again and then I will lose the love of my life. What do I do?" He thought to himself.
"Oh, okay my love." she said," I believe you."
They went downstairs to the living room and Ariel sat on the couch while Alexander went to the piano.
"What song would you like to learn today, my love?" Alexander smiled.
"Dragons in the Mist?" she questioned
"Sure, come here." he said tapping the bench.
She sat down and he taught her how to play the song.
"Now you play "Dragons in the Mist." Alexander said getting up.
"Where you going?" she demanded.
Alexander chuckled," I will back as soon as I can. Stay here, “he said shutting the living room doors and the kitchen and dining room doors.
"Great! He left me alone again!" she said out loud.
"I heard that!" he yelled back.
"Whops,” she said and sat there with hand on her mouth.
Ariel got up and lied on the couch. She fell asleep and Alexander saw her sleeping.
"Wake up, my love." Alexander said sweetly.
She woke up and said with a smile, “Hello cutie."
He laughs," Did you have a good nap?"
"Yep and you were in my dreams." she giggled.
"Come on. I have a surprise for you." Alexander helped her and covered her eyes,” No peeking."
"Okay." she said
"Here we are." he said uncovering her eyes.
There was a long dark oak table with bright red roses in a vase center of the table. There were two chairs next to each other and two melt plate covers. One chair at the end and there was another on the side. Alexander led her to her place and pulled the chair out for her. She saw the rose pelts say "I love you!"
"Aw.... that's so cute, Alexander." Ariel cried out.
"Wait. I made this for you." he placed a gold heart with a rope chain and on the gold heart locket it said: "To My Dearest."
"Ready to eat, my love?" he asked with a smile.
"Yes, my hero." she said.
He came in the room with steak and pulled the melt covers on all four plates.
"Yummy!" she said as she took a bite of the steak.
"Ariel, what's your favorite food?" Alexander asked.
"I like steak. No, not like. I love steak," she smiled," Hey, Alexander?"
"Yes?" he said
"About the demons, how do they get in?" she asked.
"Well, umm......" Alexander panicked and said "Do you believe in beauty and the beast?"
"Yes, why?" she asked.
"Well you are my beauty and I'm a ..... demon." he said looking at her seeing how she would take the news.
Ariel got up and was in tears, “You’re the one that wanted to kill me."
“He wanted to kill me? Why? Why? I thought he loved Me." she thought.
"Ariel, wait." Alexander yelled at her as she ran up the stairs as fast as she could.
"No!" she yelled and slammed then locks the door.
"Ariel, open the door. Please!'' He said sadly.
"Why so you can kill me?" Ariel said hiding her face in her pillow.
"No, I would never hurt you because......" He was trying to say I love you, but his heart broke because he hurt the only person he ever loved.
"Because why? Give one good reason." she yelled
"Because I love you." he said.
"What?" she said opening her door slow?
"I love you, Ariel Joy Summers." he said with a smile and wiped her tears off her face.
His smile made her feel warm inside and she smiled back.
"Do you forgive me?" Alexander asked," Please say yes. Please!" Alexander pleaded.
"I love you, too Alexander." she put her arms around his neck looking in his eyes then smiled again. Alexander picks her up in his arms, and held her like a baby. Ariel pulled her head up and kissed on his cheek, but Alexander caught her lips, and Alexander sat her down on her feet.
"You have to lock the door, okay?" he said.
"But..."
Alexander interrupted her "No buts. Lock the door. I will see you tomorrow. I will wake you up next time."
Ariel kissed him on the cheek and said "Good-night, my prince of the night and hears a key, so only you can get in." she smiled.
"Okay, and good-night my beautiful." he said as she locked the door.

The next day, Alexander was at her door with her breakfast. He knocks, but no one answered.
"Ariel, are you awake?" Alexander asked.
No answer. He used the key Ariel had given him last night and unlocked the door. He saw Ariel curled up in a ball and walked over to her bed. He set her breakfast on the dresser by her bed. He watched her sleep for two minutes and decided to wake her up.
She opened her eyes and yelled," Alexander!"
She kissed him slowly and hard.
Alexander pulled away; shocked he said "Don't kiss me like that."
"Alexander?" she asked," Are you ok?"
"I don't know. I'm kind of out of it today, I guess." he said looking at her.
"Oh, was it from my kiss?" she giggles.
Alexander smiled," Maybe, maybe not. Here is your breakfast."
He handed her a tray with a red rose, pancake, butter, syrup and orange juice. She gave him a thank you kiss on the cheek.
"You’re welcome. Ariel, I wrote this for you." he said with a weak smile.
She took the letter and she said,” This is so sweet." She opened the letter and it said: "The blue sky reminds me of your eyes. The sun's warmth reminds me that you are always been there. Through my dark comes, you and your love has the power to bring me to a light hour.

Love, Alexander Night."
"That’s so sweet and charming." she kiss him and he blushed so bad that Ariel started to giggle at him.
Alexander set the tray on the dresser and lied beside her on the bed and Ariel just snuggled in his arms with her head on his chest listening to heart beat.
It was quiet in the room, but Alexander broke the silence," Ariel, why do you love me? I mean I'm a monster."
Ariel lifted her head up, so she could see his face.
"Why wouldn't I love a man that's caring, loving, sweet, and cute?"
Alexander smiled," I love you so much."
She kissed him," I love you too. Can you leave, so I can change my clothes, or are we just going to lie here?"
Alexander smiled," I don't care as long as I'm with you."
Ariel giggle," That's a no, right?"
"Yep I just want to lay here with you forever."
“But we can’t.” she said sadly.
“You’re right. We can’t in till my inner demon is tamed.”
Ariel had tears swell up and Alexander wiped them.
“Did I upset you, my love?”
“No. It’s just I don’t know how we can solve this problem.”

“Don’t worry. We will find the answer to our problems. We will be okay and together forever.”
Alexander got up from the bed and walked to the door with the tray.

“Hurry, my love. We are burning daylight.”
Ariel smiled and said,” Okay, be then soon.”
Alexander walked out the door and shut it behind him, while Ariel got up from her bed and to her dresser to find what to wear. Moments later, Ariel appeared down the stairs with a thin strap, black dress with the gold necklace Alexander had given her.

“How do I look?” she said spinning in a circle.

“You look amazing, beautiful, and gorgeous,” he said spinning towards him.

“Really?” she said in his arms.

“Yes, my goddess.” He said, “Want some music, my love?”

“Sure, that would be great.” He turned on the radio and he grabbed her hand. They started to dance together. Ariel had her hands around his neck and Alexander with his hands on her waist.

“I love you,” Alexander singed, while kissing her cheek.
Ariel blushed with a big smile on her face.
Alexander all of a sudden hit the floor and stared to scream.

“What’s wrong? What’s going on?” she asked. Ariel looked out the window and noticed the darkness in the window.
“Run! My inner demon side is changing me and I don’t want you to see me like this.” Ariel to her room as fast as she could and locked the door. She could hear Alexander screaming in pain from the transformation. She dive under the covers and the screaming stopped. She walked to the door and cracked it.

“Hello?”

“Hello.” It growled in the darkness.

“Alexander? Is that you?” she said open the door all the way.

“No, I’m Nightmare and your soul is mine!” The demon flew at her and had her against the wall with his claw on her throat.

“Alexander! Help me!” she cried. A black figure pushed the demon away to the far wall.