DREW and COREY Ep.2-GOING UP AND GETTING OVER

Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 12 Next »

SCENE III

(DREW is sitting in class reading a book. He casually looks up to see people staring at him. He awkwardly smiles at them and begins to read once again. TED comes up and sits next to him.) TED-Hey bro, what’s up? DREW-(Suspiciously turns to TED.) Yeah, what’s up…BRO… TED-I heard we nailed it at the talent show Friday. (DREW stares in awe at TED.) DREW-Uh-no-ya see, WE kicked ass and when I mean WE, I mean Corey and I. TED-That dorky theatre kid? DREW-That dorky theatre kid happen to help me nail a multi-million dollar record deal with a high end producer and DJ. TED-He what?! DREW-Where the hell have you been? TED-We got a multi-million dollar record deal? Dude, that’s awesome. DREW-LISTEN-to me…I went out on that stage Friday ALONE! While you were off doing who-knows-what, I was making a complete ass of myself. Corey stepped out on stage with me and while also risking HIS performance, helped me out ultimately getting us the record deal of a lifetime. YOU, my friend…did nothing. (He goes to read his book.) TED-I cant believe this. I thought we were in on this together? DREW-Yeah, me too, but instead I’m stuck with this weird kid who doesn’t cuss…like…at all! TED-S***? DREW-No TED-Not ass? DREW-No cussing TED-Not even b****?! DREW-He simply calls out “Female dog!” TED-That’s f*ed up. DREW-Yeah, it is, but you know…the kid is talented. Right now, that’s all I really care about. Now please leave me alone. TED-(Pauses and looks around.)Hey…you wanna know something? DREW-What? No, leave me alone. TED-Come on, this is awesome! DREW-Please, I don’t want- TED- I slept with Corey’s girlfriend. DREW-(Pauses.)…you what? TED-That hot blonde of his. I totally nailed her the night of the talent show. That’s sorta why I bailed on you. DREW-You’re unbelievable… TED-What? She ran into me back in the dressing room that night- (Flashback to when COREY waves BRIT goodbye.) BRIT-Break a leg sweetie. (COREY leaves. TED is sitting alone on a lounge couch as BRIT then turns to him.) TED-(Voiceover.) I was just sitting there when she came up to me and said- BRIT-Do you smoke? TED-Uh…publicly, not all the time, why? (BRIT pulls out a bag full of joints. She smiles and bites her lip.) (Flashback to normal time.) DREW-You got high with her? TED-Dude, the chick is too hot to be with a guy like him. I mean he wears bowties for crying out loud. DREW-You still slept with another guys girlfriend. That’s not right, that’s not okay…(Lowers his voice. Intimidating.) Now please, leave me the hell alone. TED-…I don’t know why the hell you’re siding with him. You’ve changed. Is that all a little money will do to someone now? (DREW remains silent.) Whatever…(Leaves)