Superpowers: Malum | Teen Ink

Superpowers: Malum

August 17, 2012
By E.J.Mathews GOLD, International Falls, Minnesota
E.J.Mathews GOLD, International Falls, Minnesota
19 articles 2 photos 145 comments

Summary:

A boy lands on a roof in Imperial City. Two teenagers take him in, and help him assimilate to modern life. Him and another teen discover they have amazing powers and decide to fight crime.


Eric M.

Superpowers: Malum


Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 6 comments.


on Oct. 5 2013 at 2:51 pm
AnInkling SILVER, Castle Rock, Colorado
6 articles 0 photos 110 comments

Favorite Quote:
“This is your life. Is it everything you dreamed that it would be, when the world was younger and you had everything to lose?” Switchfoot
“Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth?” Galatians 4:16

I think that your plot seems very interesting (as I have just finished the first chapter), but it would be nice to have more description take place between actions. Instead of telling us that Love "did know why she was at the party" or "she went to the roof", it would be nice to see some description of her walking and the setting around the place. Other than that, I would say that the story seems a little bit jumpy and rushed in the writing. But I think that plot could be very cool.

on Aug. 18 2013 at 8:22 am
Superhero_Fan SILVER, Tomorrowland, California
7 articles 1 photo 163 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Impossible; for How many people did you know who refracted your own light to you?” - Fahrenheit 451

Hey, EJ! It was a good story. Um, to give constructive criticism, I thought the beginning was a little unrealistic. Why would Love be so quick to act? I mean, if you saw a seventeen year old from another planet land on your roof, what would you do? I also thought it wasn't realistic because Josh let him in so easily. I didn't get the impression that he was the kind of guy who let his girlfriend take home an alien boy. And why did Josh have super powers but Love didn't? How did he get superpowers in the first place? I liked how you made them communicate through video games though! I was kinda disappointed when he turned into a supervillain. I like it when they start out as supervillains but later they turn into the good guys. Well, good job EJ. :)

None0 BRONZE said...
on Jun. 2 2013 at 12:00 am
None0 BRONZE, Bellevue, Washington
2 articles 0 photos 96 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Believe in the ideal, not the idol." - Serra

I will give this novel the same suggestion I gave your other novel. However, there's another angle this novel needs work on, and that would be scene description. After reading through some of the chapters, I only found that the characters' thoughts were well conveyed. The scenes themselves were a bit sketchy, with only vague descriptions, and not much interaction.   I'd also comment on the content, but I'm getting a bit tired now. So I'll just say, good luck on your writing.

on Dec. 22 2012 at 2:51 pm
applesauceHater SILVER, Nikolaevsk, Alaska
8 articles 0 photos 124 comments
You should:3I would read it!!!

on Dec. 22 2012 at 8:59 am
E.J.Mathews GOLD, International Falls, Minnesota
19 articles 2 photos 145 comments
Thanks! I was thinking about continuing the story from Typhoon's point of view. Sorry about the ending, but villains only rise from tragedy, so there had to be one.

on Dec. 22 2012 at 1:35 am
applesauceHater SILVER, Nikolaevsk, Alaska
8 articles 0 photos 124 comments
this story was so cute and quirky with awesome fight scenes! then the ending was sad:(great story though!!!