New Teen Ink Book: Bullying Under Attack Barnes & Noble Amazon

The Lost Generation

Author's note: I've always loved history and thought of it as just one amazing (albeit long) story. WW1 has...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: I've always loved history and thought of it as just one amazing (albeit long) story. WW1 has always been an era that interested me so I hope this just shows you how much I really enjoyed learning about it.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 22 Next »

28th September 1914:

I’ve never been so run-down in my life! They have us getting up at the crack of dawn marching us through the countryside while singing rude songs that I’d get a clip on the ear for if I ever tried to sing back home. As there aren’t enough weapons to go round to train with, they give us wooden sticks and watch over us as we aggressively stab and slash at the crudely made scarecrow enemy. The worst officer of all has to be ‘BOOMER’, I don’t know his actual name, but as I quickly found out, they don’t call him ‘BOOMER’ for nothing. Today he took a group of us to the park and ordered us to dig deep trenches, only to fill them up again all the while he barked criticisms at us. We got back to the tents after a long day of pointless digging only to find that it had been flooded...again. We all silently hung up our boots to protect them from getting damaged by the rainwater. Even Jimmy was too exhausted to make his jokes about the insufferable officers or the foul food. And that’s saying something; Jimmy never misses an opportunity to make people smile. This is no were near as much fun as I’d thought it would be.

This book has 1 comment. Post your own!

Vagabond said...
Aug. 18, 2012 at 4:20 am:
Good Job! Keep writing!! :)