Forever and Always | Teen Ink

Forever and Always

March 12, 2012
By Sarararah, Wales, Wisconsin
More by this author
Sarararah, Wales, Wisconsin
0 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Author's note: It is about greek slavery and the wrongs of slavery in general and i hope to get the emotions of the readers to be tugging and for them to keep on reading untill the next novel comes out.

Hello, my name is Julia, and I live in Greece with my magnificent husband, Alexander, and my two darling kids, Panther who is ten, and his younger sister, Pelagius, who is five. Their names mean “panther” and “sea.” I choose these because they are beautiful names for beautiful children. Why am I writing in this journal? Because I want to record these memories so that I will have these wonderful memories with my family forever. We live in an average home just like our fellow members and our ruler is making life pretty hard to live now, because he thinks that slavery is okay, and that slavery is a part of everyday life with the economy and all. They have already taken my sister, and Alexander’s brother and his children were taken away. I just don’t know what to think and how to believe that this is happening… it’s just so… sad and I’m in tears thinking about it. How could they think that this is okay? How could they do this to their own people and why? I’m terrified that we could be going next; I mean feeding a family of four and having to pay our taxes, it’s just so, so tough and I don’t know how much longer we can go without going poor. We are already heading towards that road. What are we supposed to tell our kids? They are so young and it will be hard enough as it is; they shouldn’t be going to through this. But right now, it is a lovely day and I will just have to look at the positive. I will go to the market and get some vegetables and fruits and even some pasta! Then, I’ll go home with everyone and make a wonderful dinner so we all have our energy for the next day to come.

Hello, I am back, and I think that making dinner was the thing I need to make me and my children and husband smile. It is such a beautiful day out and Alexander is playing with the children. They are giggling and running around which is just the best sight to see even though our yard isn’t that big. I am cleaning up and seeing them so happy makes it feel that everything is going to be okay. Even though there will be rough patches it’ll be fine. Wait… what is that sound? Who is screaming, oh my gosh what’s going on!? Let me run outside really quick.
Wow... they took our neighbors… the screaming was them trying to get away. Their kids screaming; and trying to get to their mom and dad… what has Aristotle gotten us into? I know they couldn’t pay their taxes but they didn’t have the money; they had to feed a family of six. How couldn’t they not feel bad after those poor children crying and screaming, wanting their parents. Those tears slowly trickling down their rough dirty faces, those screams being terrified of what was going on and why they were being taken away by these strong scary guys that smell like sweat with the anger in their eyes that look like they could crush anything in their paths. It hit me hard to know what was going on and it hurt; like running into our brick house and I know now that this lovely day turned out to be a horrifying sight for many. My kids and husband both saw and had to run inside so their minds don’t turn around the thought process of leaving me and Alexander; I would hate to see what they almost just witnessed. It is now time for me to go and feed my family and hopefully have a peaceful night despite the horrifying display.

I found out this morning that they were taken all too different areas of the town. The mother, I don’t know where she went actually, but I heard that the father is doing extremely painful hard working labor and those poor children are going be sold when they get older because they are in all this debt . This is horrible wondering about the emotions of the family members and what they are thinking at this very moment. I’m scared. I will not lie My fear is taking over my body and it is like a rush that just freezes me in place. Could this be one of the first families to go? I know it probably won’t be the last. But hopefully my faith and love will protect my family… even if that means I will be taken away. They can’t and they won’t do that to my family, they don’t deserve anything like that and have to deal with that kind of pain. Who knows what they would do to people who are poor or don’t obey the rules? Who do they think they are tramping around our homes and our families taking and basically kidnapping them and torturing them? They have no heart, it seems so but my family is strong and no matter what they can’t tear this family apart. Well… they can but we will always have each other in our hearts… forever and always.

What a wonderful evening last night was. It is starting to be a pretty nice day after all with all that has happened recently. Everything is going pretty well; it is an ordinary day and we will maybe even go out and see some art work! It will be a nice treat for Alexander because he works so hard with his shoe making job and my kids because we really need to see the world and appreciate what others have made for us to see. Let us head on over to the gallery.
Gorgeous. It’s absolutely stunning, the fine detail, the realistic facial features! I cannot believe Alexander the Great made it. It just blows my mind and I can’t wait to see more artwork and even some sculptures... Well, I got to go home and hopefully I will be able to write in this journal tomorrow, farewell!

What a wonderful evening last night was. It is starting to be a pretty nice day after all with all that has happened recently. Everything is going pretty well; it is an ordinary day and we will maybe even go out and see some art work! It will be a nice treat for Alexander because he works so hard with his shoe making job and my kids because we really need to see the world and appreciate what others have made for us to see. Let us head on over to the gallery.
Gorgeous. It’s absolutely stunning, the fine detail, the realistic facial features! I cannot believe Alexander the Great made it. It just blows my mind and I can’t wait to see more artwork and even some sculptures... Well, I got to go home and hopefully I will be able to write in this journal tomorrow, farewell!

I’ve missed a couple of days now writing in here and things have been taking a turn for the worse. We are barely able to pay the taxes now and we are struggling to make things better. Because taxes are so high right now and our kids are now wondering what is happening. What are we supposed to tell them? They can’t know right now and they won’t find out, until we absolutely need to tell them. Alexander is going to work for a couple of people and do some labor part time while I stay home with Panther and Pelagius. They need me right now and I need them… I really do. I will just have to get my mind off things more often. Cook a little, water the plants, and take the kids on a walk.

The door knocked a couple of times and I went to go see who was at the door. Then one of the guards came towards me and told me we needed to talk and I told him he could come in. He then said thank you and came in and started to talk to me about how me and Alexander weren’t paying our taxes on time and we needed to start to pay them on time now. I tried to explain to him how it is so hard to when he are feeding a family of 4. But he didn’t listened and he didn’t care. I then told him how he was a heartless man and warned me not to mess with him and I knew then we were in a world of trouble and I had to stop talking then. Then he left and slammed the door shut and I then slowly cried myself to sleep that night.

The next morning I told Alexander we needed to talk and so we than sat down. I told him what had happened the day before and that we were heading towards and dangerous and risky path. Also that we needed to start paying our taxes soon or we would be like our neighbors and would probably never see each other again. He then told me everything would be okay and that all we would have to just wait and hope for the best until the worst was present. So we our now waiting and hoping for the best until the worst will happen.

Three other families have been taken away and separated and I’m starting to worry more. The days grow shorter as they tear more families apart because they can’t even pay their taxes! Taxes are coming up soon and I know we probably won’t be able to pay them off. I’m trying to stay strong for my kids, but today I am going to have to break it to my kids.
I just told my kids what was happening and why this was all happening. They were so devastated and so confused all at the same time. They asked me and Alexander what taxes were and we told them the shorter version of us just having to pay the ruler. They sighed and then asked how we would be able to tuck them into bed every night and that we needed to. My heart is in two now… Having to tell our children that they have to stay strong even though its one of the hardest things they will have to do for a while because they are so young. I want to die I don’t want to leave my children or my husband and I shouldn’t have to. They then left as soon as I was done hugging my life and my world and they then ran off as me and Alexander went to talk some more. We then hugged as our hearts sank deep down and then kissed not knowing what to do next. Because I know now that my life is soon to get a whole lot worse.

Bang! I looked over and our door was kicked in faster than you I could say I was sorry to my kids and Alexander because I knew what is going to happen. Alexander and I ran to Panther and Pelagius and tried to run out of our house as soon as possible. But it was too late; I could hear those hard thumping footsteps coming closer and closer to us as we tried to escape. Not even needing their special spears called doures they just came in and grabbed all of us; all separately and started to drag us out of our own home, the own same home that we thought was safe and sound but yet it cornered us into our own trap. I started to scream and cry because it seemed that my memories just flashed before my eyes. All the golden memories that can’t be replaced just seemed to all disappear. Then crying started to happen, Panther and Pelagius faces were turning bright red and they started screaming and crying saying, “mommy, and daddy! I want my mommy and daddy! Let me go!” The tears came down faster and faster and they started to squirm around trying to fight their ways to me and Alexander. I just screamed, “It’ll be okay! We will be back soon! We love you!” As soon as I finished that sentence my head went down in despair and I started to cry some more. Alexander screamed out to our children saying, “It’ll be okay mommy and daddy love you very much and you guys will be okay, and I love you and mommy loves you also! We will see you guys in a little bit!” He then ran towards me as he got lose of the guard. “I love you Julia, I truly do and you are my one true love, I will see you soon and we will find each other again one day and we will always have each other in our hearts. Okay promise me you’ll stay strong, for me.” “I promise and I love you too and I always will.” We then kissed and hugged one last time not knowing if it will be our last, I will always remember that kiss. “Nice try.” Said the guard and he tore us apart. “Mommy, Daddy! Come back!” Said Pelagius, those were her first words as my heart stopped. All my energy tore me off that sweaty guard and I ran towards my kids. But the body guard hit me in the head and I blacked out not realizing what was going on.

I woke up wondering where I am and then realizing what had happened as I started to cry. My children and husband were gone somewhere and I didn’t know what was going to happen to them. All I have is my journal that was tucked away in my chiton and it is now on the ground in the corner of this dark room. I am just glad that I keep my journal around every were I go. Walking around trying to find a light source I finally found it and lit the candle with an old match that was on the ground..Then looking down these are not my normal clothes, they are more revealing and they are all white and silkier with a shorter bottom showing my ankles even though they weren’t supposed too. Looking at my outfit the door opens. I turn around and the big guard who took me away from my family and grabbed me then told me it’s time for your first task. “I’m scared I don’t want to go wherever he is going to take me, but I know not to mess with him now and want to get out of here as soon as possible.” He takes and puts me in shackles because he has to walk me outside the room and over to the place where he wants me to go. We walk across and I see all the men doing extremely hard labor and if not they yell at them and sometimes even smack them. I looked over to see Alexander working and he is sweating, a lot and he looks miserable. I then slowly cried a quiet tear ran down my face and I want to die but I know I have to stay strong. He then pushed me and he toke me to the ruler’s home. I then started to what was going to happen to me not knowing what was going to be happening as soon as I saw Aristole. He then took me to the room and took of the shackles and then went out and locked the door behind him, He was then under his bed and was under his king size covers.
“Julia, my sweetheart why don’t you come on over here and … amuse me.” He said
“I am married though, and I’m not going to go over there.” I told him.
“Well you have to if you want to live. I know your’re married but I really don’t care I do this with all the ladies and if not they just get killed. So what is your choice?”
“I really don’t want to though.”
“I am going to say this one more time what is your choice?” He got up and walked towards me. Then taking his fingers and gently stroking my hair and then taking his fingers and lifting my chin up towards his eyes. “Well?” He said.
“You know what if you behave you will be able to be with Alexander and even get to see Panther and Pelagius and I will make sure nothing even happens to them.” He tried to bribe me as I said in my head
“Fine…” I said. He slowly grabbed me and started to slowly kiss me and take off my clothes. All I could think about was my kids and husband and I couldn’t stop thinking about them. A cold silent tear went down my cheek that night as I wanted to go home with my family. I wanted everything to be okay and for life to go normal again but I knew it was going to be a long ways and the only way I am going to get through this is my husband and kids. I started thinking about all of the others who are also being put through this pain and I feel this deep despair for all those poor women, men and children. The next morning I was taken back to my room horrified, feeling used and dirty. I was then called to go outside; terrified I did what I was asked as I then stopped and fell to the ground crying and screaming because of what I saw. There was Alexander; dead… He was killed because they said he was “useless” and “weak” and had no place in this world anymore. How could they! My one true love! I started to bawl and weep as I couldn’t move it was like time had stopped and I was now being tortured to see my own dead husband. The ruler comes out and says, “It is okay Julia, he wasn’t worth your time and I will be here for you.” Then I realized how much trouble I was in; and I was now in a trap for my life or even death. I then kissed my husband on the forehead and gave him one last hug goodbye. They dragged me away back to my room as I was screaming and weeping. Then the door slammed as I ran to my corner and cried and cried until I had no more tears. I crawled into a ball and cried myself to sleep with the only tears I had left but I only got an hour of sleep that night, that terrifying hour of horror and nightmares.

I slowly got up and sat on my old dusty bed not wanting to do anything for the rest of my life. But there came that guy, the guy who destroyed my life and I wanted nothing to do with. He takes me back to the ruler who I know will only use me for sex and only that. I prepared myself for what is about to come and I hold back all my new tears as much as possible. When I walked in and the ruler was dressed in his robe and I was shocked. I looked down and I saw Panther and Pelagius and my heart just lit up from the inside and out. I ran towards them and gave them each a huge hug and a kiss and they kissed me back.
The first thing that they asked was “Where is Daddy?” But I couldn’t tell them yet so I just hugged them some more. But then I looked up and there were two other guys with him and I started to freak out again. I grabbed and picked up my children while they took us to an auctioning room. My heart stopped and I froze and turned around about to make a mad dash for the door with my children for one last escape but the guard was there and I turned back around and squeezed my kids some more when the gavel hit the podium. I took one huge breath as I held my kids some more. Then they started the bidding and I knew that my kids were also going to be taken away from me again. We all sat down and it started off as one-hundred and got higher and higher. As the money went higher my heart sank lower hugging my kids for my life this time. Then that dreaded word I never wanted to hear in my life, “SOLD!” I started to cry again and this time I couldn’t stop. I wouldn’t let my children go again… not this time. They started to pull them away from me and they were screaming,
“Mommy!” I screamed back “I love you and don’t forget about our promise to stay strong and I will be back for you guys!” They were then taken to the back of the man’s cart who stolen my kids away and ripped my heart out before my very eyes and gave the ruler his euro’s. I was then take back to the bedroom and used again but this time I was crying the whole time not wanting to live and thinking about my children and Alexander.

I was later than taken back to my room and this time I moved my bed to the corner of the room because that’s what I had left, a simple, smelly, old corner which I just cried all night long but that night was also different in a way, I started to plot my way to get my kids back and to go back to a new house and have a new life. Because one thing is for sure, I made a promise to Alexander, Panther and Pelagius and that is that we will find each other one day and we all live happily ever after. I will not break that promise and even if it will one day happen even if it is in heaven above the stars I will make sure it happens. Then we will be with each other forever and always…



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.